What remakes would you like for the new generation?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3370 posts) -

I've been browsing through my Gamecube catalog recently and there is a lot that I want, but one game in particular, that I want to be remade.

Sonic Adventure 2, I felt like that game was so well crafted for its time and the music, content, and design all still hold a place in my heart today. Seeing that run on the PS4/Xbone would be awesome, considering how well generations was done.

What remakes would you all like?

#2 Posted by Zidaneski (8435 posts) -

Only games that ran poorly last gen. Enslaved comes to mind, horrible framerate problems.

#3 Posted by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

SPRO THE DRAGON HD

#4 Edited by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

None...Gaming industry has little new IP's as is. It's slowly turning into hollywood with the remakes and rehashes.

#5 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16962 posts) -

Dino Crisis

Final Fantasy 7

Resident Evil Outbreak

#6 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3370 posts) -

None...Gaming industry has little new IP's as is. It's slowly turning into hollywood with the remakes and rehashes.

I think that's one problem with the gaming industry along with:

-Oversaturation of stuff nobody wants

-Ignoring stuff people do want.

#7 Posted by Zassimick (6136 posts) -

I'm hoping for Final Fantasy XII HD, that'd be grand, but I definitely wouldn't object to another sequel to the game instead. But rather than making it a superb DS game, a PS4/Xbox One release that is a return to the Gambit system and gameplay of the original, detailing the world of Ivalice like it has never been detailed.

This won't happen, but it would be great. :P

Otherwise, Twilight Princess is the other big one for me. Do it like they did Wind Waker HD and I'd be happy.

#8 Posted by AdobeArtist (22732 posts) -

Crimson Skies
Full Spectrum Warrior
Perfect Dark

#9 Edited by cainetao11 (15782 posts) -

None. That cash grab can stop.

#10 Edited by PyratRum (520 posts) -

HD version of Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System or a full blown remake of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

#11 Posted by gameofthering (9941 posts) -

Dino Crisis 1 & 2
Resident Evil 2 & 3

#12 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8131 posts) -

Crimson Skies

Full Spectrum Warrior

Perfect Dark

Some really good suggestions.

I'd say games which kind of flopped last gen because the circumstances in which they were made were less than favourable but had great potential.

#13 Posted by Jag85 (4230 posts) -

Metal Gear 1 & 2

Final Fantasy V & VI

Resident Evil 2 & 3

#14 Posted by Telekill (4197 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL: Agreed on all fronts but I'll make an addition.

Dino Crisis (already rumored)

FF7 (probably won't happen)

RE Outbreak (won't happen)

Shenmue (possible with info coming this month)

#15 Posted by glez13 (8498 posts) -

FF VI and VII

Resident Evil 2

Syndicate (the real deal)

#16 Edited by glez13 (8498 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@LostProphetFLCL: Agreed on all fronts but I'll make an addition.

Dino Crisis (already rumored)

Isn't the rumor a new game?

#17 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

Well said.

I want new IP's. MS and Sony are slowly turning into Nintendo with their reboots and rehashes.

#18 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

MGS 1 and FF8

#19 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3370 posts) -

I want to say something quickly:

New IPs are welcome and by all means may be good or bad, and I feel the same way towards new entries/remakes. The are good sequels, such as The Witcher 1 to the Witcher 2, and bad ones, like Medal of Honor to Warfighter. Same with rehashes and remakes, I thought by all means Strider was going to be terrible due to Double Helix but they did a damn fine job and revived the classic Capcom spirit after Capcom tried to change everything poorly last generation for some time.

Overall, I welcome anything as long as its good and not cash grabs.

#20 Posted by Telekill (4197 posts) -

@glez13: I believe the rumor was in reference to a reboot but at this point it's merely that Capcom could be working on a new Dino Crisis.

E3 should prove interesting this year.

#21 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16433 posts) -

None. Remakes suck ass. Only reason for a remake is for those that have never played the game or have no way of playing the game again unless they buy the remake. Every game I care to play I already own for consoles except GoW Ascension, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and The Last of Us. I have a PS2, so I can still play all my PS2 games and both the PS2 and PS3 play PS1 games, so I can still play all my PS1 games. I want knew IPs or new games in existing IPs.

#22 Posted by arkephonic (6208 posts) -

This would be a remaster and not a remake, but I'd like to see an HD rerelease of GTAV for PS4 kind of like the Tomb Raider definitive edition.

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12755 posts) -

FF7, even if it's just cleaning up the prerendered backgrounds and running them in HD, I'd be cool with that.

#24 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28940 posts) -

FF12, FF9, FF7 remasters/HD versions would be awesome

#25 Edited by Netret0120 (1884 posts) -

FFX HD and I AM EXCITED!

#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3217 posts) -

Sonic Adventure, I suppose. Remove the awful camera, characters, and boring overworld and it'd be a much better game.

#27 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16370 posts) -

How about some kind of Viewtiful Joe game? Maybe not necessarily a remake but some kind of revival. The first game was amazing, second game was awesome and the DS one was decent. I think they could bring it back with all the challenge and fun and have it be successful.

#28 Posted by freedom01 (568 posts) -

Skies of Arcadia, Jade Empire, FF7-9, Brace Fencer Musashi, Dino Crisis, Fatal Frame Series, Shenmue

#29 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

Resident evil is begging for a Remake.

I would like a New Legend of the Dragoons, a Return to the old Final Fantasy like 6 - 9

would kill for Final Fantasy Tactics HD remake

#30 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3370 posts) -

Sonic Adventure, I suppose. Remove the awful camera, characters, and boring overworld and it'd be a much better game.

I would say keep the characters, that's kind of the charm of the Sonic Adventure series (except Big, screw him)

#31 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

I would say keep the characters, that's kind of the charm of the Sonic Adventure series (except Big, screw him)

He's such a boring character, I can't see how anyone can seriously like him.

#32 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3666 posts) -

release metal gear solid 1 for pc on gog

make a proper sequel to , or a decent 'hd' remake including new artwork assets for these:

theme hospital

freelancer

x-wing vs tie fighter

#33 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2532 posts) -

I don't really want any remakes, but if we can expand the conversation to reboots, I basically want any original franchise made by Rare in the n64 days on the Xbox One.

A new Jet Force Gemini could be a glorious addition to the Xbox library... Banjo would be great, as well. I'm not getting my hopes up for Conker.

#34 Posted by Chozofication (2680 posts) -

Only games that ran poorly last gen. Enslaved comes to mind, horrible framerate problems.

And screen tearing, low res textures and low level geometry, lighting could be better too. I would love an enhanced port of that game.

Doubt it'd happen though...

#35 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3217 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2:

Big was by far the worst, but I found playing as Amy and the robot to be incredibly boring. Maybe not remove them entirely, just not force you to play as them.

#36 Edited by AsadMahdi59 (6540 posts) -

god of war 1 and 2 remade into a single game with ps4 graphics (or the psp games.) yea i want more gow sue me

dbz budokai 3 - since they can't seem to make any good dbz games anymore just upgrade the graphics and throw in some extra characters.

i would like remakes of some older racing games (midnight club 3, burnout 3 and some others) doesnt seem like they'll be getting new iterations sadly. going back to some older racing games is hard b/c of ugly graphics.

maybe prince of persia two thrones , DMC3.

most games would be cool to see with improved graphics (not just higher res) really, but i think the HD remaster trend has made full blown remakes less likely.

#37 Edited by blamix99 (1532 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII,VIII,IX

New 2D Oddworld Game

#38 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5055 posts) -

Mother Trilogy.

Xenosaga Trilogy.

#39 Posted by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

I want Nintendo to port Super Mario 64 DS to the 3DS with slight adjustments. Just make the movement 360 degrees. It is really hard to play a 3D platformer otherwise.

#40 Edited by bbkkristian (14722 posts) -

3 games:

Xenoblade Chronicles Reimagined

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core HD

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

#41 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24204 posts) -

Honestly would prefer it if I could actually play my actual copies of gamecube games or ps2 games on a WiiU (for GameCube) or PS3/4 (for PS2.) Though it looks like I'd have to wait for a miracle to see if a rerelease happens on both.

#43 Edited by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

Xenogears.

That game would really benefit from a reworked script, and you know, actually being finished.

#44 Edited by lamprey263 (22413 posts) -

Panzer Dragoon Orta from the original Xbox

#45 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6240 posts) -

Hang On (Sega)

Come to think of it, there aren't any Motorcycle racers out there for this generation at all. Something needs to light some fire into it.

Make it fun and arcadey, with photo realistic graphics (Tourist Trophy like), at 1080p 60fps, with a strong emphasis on speed and maneuver.

#46 Posted by Alcapello (506 posts) -

3 games:

Xenoblade Chronicles Reimagined

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core HD

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

No.

#47 Edited by Wasdie (49297 posts) -

Give me every Halo game made in a single package at 1080p and 60fps with fully working multiplayer and local split screen.

I will buy an Xbox One for that.

#48 Posted by xh117 (48 posts) -

Twisted Metal needs a remake badly after the failure of the last one. I say make it F2P with good netcode, call it Twisted Metal Online and sell the vehicles like champions in league of legends where they rotate free ones. It would be interesting to see what they could come up with for new characters/vehicles.

#49 Posted by locus-solus (477 posts) -
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Spyro 2 Ripto's rage (Gateway to Glimmer)
  • Spyro 3 Year of The Dragon
#50 Posted by bulby_g (977 posts) -

Skies of Arcadia

Age of Empires 1/ROR

Homeworld (I know it's happening, if they do a good job I'll be a happy man).

Strike series

Road Rash or Skitchin'

Starfox Adventures

Metroid Prime series in HD

Chaos Gate (but re-imagined in more of an X-COM fasion).