What if? (PS3 related)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

What happens if the PS3 goes to 499 at E3 complete with a six axis with next gen rumble? The way I see it the PS3 will become a much more attractive proposition then the 360 hardware wise.

• Next gen DVD format included as standard
  • More advanced rumble
  • Free Online with alot of unique functionality
  • Hard Drive as standard
  • Alot More advanced than the Elite 360 at only 20$ more
  • More Reliable hardware (lol)

HOWEVER the games are still in doubt. Third party support is migrating to the Wii + 360, all the mutiplats are inferior (or equal) to their 360 counterparts and the exclusives are dwindling day by day. IF (that's a big if) Sony can deliver hardware wise i would be convinced to hold off on my puchase of a 360. It would then be on sony to deliver some exclusive games and some quality multiplatform titles (which is the consoles biggest failing right now). But yeah, as a certified day one PS3 cynic i'm starting to reasess the console.

Once again the best things come to those who wait

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
360 will drop 100,--
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Choga
Member since 2006 • 2377 Posts
Won't make a difference for me since I'm still going to buy a gaming PC instead of a PS3.
Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts

I rather have a LOG from BLAMO.Is better than bad..Is GOOD :D.

Really that would be cool but other than a price drop I dont think anything else is going to happen.

jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

What is next gen rumble? I guess you mean six axis with rumble included? The way I see it, it either rumbles or it doesn't...not much you can do to really next gen that up.

Alot More advanced than the Elite 360 at only 20$ more? What is much more advanced? Blu-ray...anything else? Aside from the Elite has a hard drive 2x as big...

Now, if they do drop to $500 I would prob pick one up later in the year when actual games come out. Until then no chance.

I just don't understand, aside from Blu-ray, what makes the PS3 at the same price that much more impressive than an Xbox 360 elite

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NorthlandMan

Really that would be cool but is not other than a price dropI dont think is going to happen.

Hater3000

don't be so quick to dismiss it

We know that "advanced" rumble is coming and there have long since been rumours of a PS3 price cut. what better forum than E3 to make these announcments? It'd certainly get the 360 fanboys riled up and the Console War would getta lot more exciting

What is next gen rumble? I guess you mean six axis with rumble included? The way I see it, it either rumbles or it doesn't...not much you can do to really next gen that up.jdp0412

it basically rumbles at different points on the controller. It sounds pretty lame i grant you but it's still an improvement over regular rumble

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Nintendo and Microsoft can drop their prices whenever they feel like if, and I imagine they will if and when the PS3 starts to pick up any sort of steam.
jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

it basically rumbles at different points on the controller. It sounds pretty lame i grant you but it's still an improvement over regular rumble

NorthlandMan

Ah I understand now, thanks

Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
[QUOTE="Hater3000"]

Really that would be cool but is not other than a price dropI dont think is going to happen.

NorthlandMan

don't be so quick to dismiss it

We know that "advanced" rumble is coming and there have long since been rumours of a PS3 price cut. what better forum than E3 to make these announcments? It'd certainly get the 360 fanboys riled up and the Console War would getta lot more exciting

I fixed my post because it didn't make sense.

Now I hope the Ps3 gets back the rumble and a improved controller design,the triggers are horrible but have in mind that in each redesign Sony or Scea loses money.It would be cool but C'mon if there something Sony should redesign first it should be the PSP.

Also if they release a better and cheaper PS3 the people that already own one would be WTF?,And thats a hit to your fan base.Yet more people would buy it but then again without good games why should they?,you only hurt your fan base.A price drop would be wise a PS3 residing would be not especially now.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NorthlandMan

I fixed my post because it didn't make sense.

Now I hope the Ps3 gets back the rumble and a improved controller design,the triggers are horrible but have in mind that in each redesign Sony or Scea loses money.It would be cool but C'mon if there something Sony should redesign first it should be the PSP.

Also if they release a better and cheaper PS3 the people that already own one would be WTF?,And thats a hit to your fan base.Yet more people would buy it but then again without good games why should they?,you only hurt your fan base.A price drop would be wise a PS3 residing would be not especially now.

Hater3000

Don't worry about it dude, we're on a forum and the odd grammatical error is to be expected

I agree with you that the PSP should be redesigned and i'll get one as soon as it happens, but i think their priority should be the console market. They essentially got arrogant in trying to enter the handheld market with such a poor handheld and got pwned by Nintendo for the privelage. It is because they split their resources that they weren't able to deliver us the great, competitively priced console we wanted. I reckon they should sort out the PS3 first and foremost because it still has a chance to dominate and the see to the PSP.

As for the Ps3 itsel, i doubt itll be "better". It'll probably be the same machine with a new controller at a cheaper price. Those who want a controller with rumble could just go out and buy one. But early adopters usually get owned regardless of the console they choose and this is no exception

purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts
If it cuts price PS3 will start outselling 360 in Europe.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NorthlandMan

If it cuts price PS3 will start outselling 360 in Europe.purplemidgets

that's an inevitability regardless of what happens

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
All 360s will be dropped $100 also.$200 core $300 premium and $380 elite compared to a $500 PS3.
cutmaclass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 cutmaclass1
Member since 2004 • 1611 Posts
Rumble doesn't get much more 'advanced' :lol: And if they did put rumble in the Sixaxis, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to put a more 'advanced' rumble in because "ther...there's not enough room!!! :cry:"
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NorthlandMan

Rumble doesn't get much more 'advanced' :lol: And if they did put rumble in the Sixaxis, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to put a more 'advanced' rumble in because "ther...there's not enough room!!! :cry:"cutmaclass1

apparently they can