What has been your favorite game of 2024 so far?

• 62 results
Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

Helldivers 2

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2253 Posts

Easily helldivers 2, despite a ton of issues you just can’t beat the core gameplay!

Also really enjoyed Prince of Persia but unfortunately it got a bit repetitive towards the end and also my old fingers/reactions started to get a bit to challenged, so not sure I will finish that..

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Game is 20% on Steam.. to buy or not to buy...

do you play m/kb or controller btw?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@Mozelleple112: I’d say buy since you love the newer GOW games. The game is GOW style combat with TLOU style world building, characters and story.

I tend to play third person games with controller and this one had flawless Dualsense support. Having said that, I do remember reading M+KB worked fine too :)

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mozelleple112

@R4gn4r0k: Well now you've ruined it. I'm going to be expecting a 12/10 game now that you say its a mix of TLOU and GOW.

I jest. I am soon finished with DD2. Guess I'll buy this game next. might regret if I wait.

The performance in this game is utterly ridiculous considering its a UE5 title... but I guess no Lumen or Nanite? I've seen people get 150-250 fps in 4K on 4090s lol. Compare that to any other UE5 title that gives you 40-80 fps at 4K max. (without DLSS2/3)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 R4gn4r0k

@Mozelleple112: I dunno man this game has some crazy texture variety going on so it might not have Nanite but it definitely feels like a step above UE4.

If you want HDR, I tried it with TrueHDR with some fantastic results

And yeah man, if you let yourself get immersed the game is 12/10.

Also you better send me your DD2 pawn code ;)

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6033 Posts

BG3

But the game I played most is Mobile Legends

Had little time for games since new job.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3489 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@omegamaster said:

I'm still on Vanquisher rank after spending 131 hours on it :(

Yeah orange ranks were the wall for a few of my friends, but they eventually climbed. Just gotta keep at it.

Can be frustrating since people are still just unloading gimmicks at those ranks. Upside to that though, they usually commit to blocked/whiffed strings, so you can kinda just hang back and punish. And since most people are still playing "2d" at those ranks, start stepping and launching, **** their whole world up lol

Yeah. I have been holding back a bit and sidestepping which has helped. Trying to learn frame data and launching effectively is my weakness at the moment. Plus, knowledge checking 32 characters sounds daunting :(

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#59 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I haven't purchased any other games this year other than Helldivers 2. I've been having a helluva good time with it. Convinced 4 people to get a copy, they all love it and out of those 4 people they have convinced another 4 people to get a copy. My understanding is all those people are liking it, too.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mozelleple112

@R4gn4r0k: Haha,

my DD2's spawn code is 4S9EMNQ6UDT6

He's a lvl 46 Guts warrior.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

This couple. I was expecting kind of a God of War style knock off game but I got way more than that.

The story and main characters are just entertaining to follow and it's just a good tale about ghosts, spectres and the afterlife.

The gameplay like I said, could be seen as a God of War knock off but it's actually more like an RPG where skills, items you carry and weapons you collect start stacking until you can do some insane amounts of damage. This makes fighting the unforgiving enemies a ton of fun.

The UI in this game is sublime: everything is made to make it easier on the player and to be as simple as straightforward as it can be, without ever feeling hand holdy. Systems that seem complex like having towns with quests in between are just plain easy to navigate in this game, everything was made with the player in mind.

Compare it to Suicide Squad where the UI there would make baby Jesus cry.

Yeah I saw this at my local library on ps5 and borrowed it thinking it would probably be mid but worth a few minutes of playtime and yet I got hooked pretty quick. I think I'm definitely going to beat it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k

@Naylord said:

Yeah I saw this at my local library on ps5 and borrowed it thinking it would probably be mid but worth a few minutes of playtime and yet I got hooked pretty quick. I think I'm definitely going to beat it.

I made my choice (ascend, revive) early on and stuck with it, I loved seeing the story play it.

The game really is a masterpiece in gameplay and story/characters from start to finish.

Dontnod already surprised me in the past with their work on Life is Strange and Vampyr but this game easily beats those.

In fact I think @ghosts4ever should play this game, he keeps raving about Life is Strange.