What does the next Halo game have to do to impress beyond Crysis 3 / KZ4 / ArmA3

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

This is a question. And I firstly and foremostly refer to the GRAPHICS. I am not a graphics junkie by the way. Halo series have never been known for its physics or realism, Reach and 4 were good looking games with some stunning vistas, epic skyboxes and large-scale battles but the core animations have never been its selling point. However, there is a second side to it, because by changing too much it might ruin the fantastic MP experience Halo is known for...

What do you think the next Halo game might or should bring to the table in order to impress? Enhanced graphical fidelity, advanced HDR effects? Or just focus on even bigger scale battles?

Do you think it even stands a chance in this respect? (not that it must in order to become a best-seller and a very good game series it has always been; graphics were never obstacle for CoD games either and yet they're top sellers)

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Halo 4 already killed the classic Halo MP experience.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Being a good game is all it needs to do. Crysis3 doesn't do that, KZ seems pretty much like any boring military style shooter, and Arma3 is a simmy game that I have 0 interest in. (it could really use a PC release, as I'm not buying an xbox for 1 game, and controllers suck for fps)

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Obviously_Right

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

sts106mat

claimcryingbaby.jpg

Nobody asked you to start crying over facts.

Dry your tears.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

The only changes I want are on the multiplayer side. Not that there's much needed to be done, but they can definitely add/remove some aspects from Halo 4 to improve the experience.

As far as single player goes they should just keep with their current trend. Once CoD became popular it seems just about every single console shooter followed it in terms of gameplay design, and multiplayer.

I just want Halo to remain Halo. It's not a game driven by set pieces, and cinematic events that strip control from the player, or limit their interaction during specific sequences of the game, and the multiplayer is not just a whack-a-mole shooting gallery like everything else is. 

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Halo's art style in general is impressive enough they just need to stop making weapons/enemies that looks like Fisher Price toys and build an engine that isn't based on one they've made a decade ago.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Wasnt known for physics?  The physics for driving the warthogs have always been impressive and "realistic".  It one of the first games that realistically got the feeling of driving a vehicle on an unlevel terrain correctly.

On topic, I hope to see 32 vs 32 player matches, and a huge focus on big 64 player maps on the next system.  The only modes of Halo I can even play now are Big Team Battle.  The rest feel claustrophobic.    For this reason I cant even play Halo 3, as its designed around  4 x 4 matches.  That sh*t is too claustrophobic for me.  This isnt the Xbox era of sitting with your friends playing splitscreen.  

They need a focus on big huge maps and higher player counts, and the game designed around Big Team Battle next gen.   

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Not a lot, lemmings will buy more halo regardless of quality.

Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Obviously_Right

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

claimcryingbaby.jpg

sts106mat

Nobody asked you to start crying over facts.

Dry your tears.

those are your tears.

No.

KodiakKoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 KodiakKoolaid
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts

This is a question. Halo series have never been known for its physics or realism, Reach and 4 were good looking games with some stunning vistas, epic skyboxes and large-scale battles but the core animations have never been its selling point. However, there is a second side to it, because by changing too much it might ruin the fantastic MP experience Halo is known for...

What do you think the next Halo game might or should bring to the table in order to impress? Enhanced graphical fidelity, advanced HDR effects? Or just focus on even bigger scale battles?

Do you think it even stands a chance in this respect? (not that it must in order to become a best-seller and a very good game series it has always been; graphics were never obstacle for CoD games either and yet they're top sellers)

Salt_The_Fries
Larger scale battles, better a.i., keep the gameplay the same but refine it, better graphics (no need to be a powerhouse).
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

This is what I think of halo vvvvvvvvvv

parody77.gif

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

This is a question. Halo series have never been known for its physics or realism, Reach and 4 were good looking games with some stunning vistas, epic skyboxes and large-scale battles but the core animations have never been its selling point. However, there is a second side to it, because by changing too much it might ruin the fantastic MP experience Halo is known for...

sts106mat

claimcryingbaby.jpg

How about that?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

sts106mat

its always quality, hence the tears from F***s like you hahaha

Really? Didn't the lst one have an even shorter campaign then the previous ones and wasnt spartan ops a disaster? Doesn't sound great tbh.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
With the weak sauce hardware inside Durango I don't expect anything too advanced, the graphics war would be between PS4 and PC games so Halo 5 might as well forfeit on that. In stead maybe concentrate on what Halo always does well, co op, split screen and vehicles.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

sts106mat

why would people cry over a game nobody plays anymore?

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

the real Halo 4 will be on PS4 with exclusive content.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] its always quality, hence the tears from F***s like you hahahasts106mat

why would people cry over a game nobody plays anymore?

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

the real Halo 4 will be on PS4 with exclusive content.

50,000 a day is nothing? lol. fact of the matter is that there are too many games now, that no one game dominates XBL anymore. minecraft is one of the top 3 most played games on live at the moment.

Halo has been on a decline since Reach because of the drastic changes they made to the series. removing ranked matches, adding sprint, armor abilities and custom loadouts.

m$ casualized the series to chase after the COD fanbase and that is why Bungie left them.

the Halo 2/3 days are long gone and people moved on to better games.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts
it already has crysis 3 beaten, cant speak for arma as never played it and killzone 4 hasnt been released so we cant speak for its quality but if going by previous games it'll be a okish halo/cod wannabe. The problem with crysis and killzone is that they are pretty but lack any substance
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
it already has crysis 3 beatenthedork_knight
LOL Anyway, HALO 2 had pretty good physics, And AMAZING for it's time the HAVOK Engine (Which also powered HL2) was the best physics engine available at that time.
thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedork_knight
[QUOTE="thedork_knight"]it already has crysis 3 beatenfaizan_faizan
LOL Anyway, HALO 2 had pretty good physics, And AMAZING for it's time the HAVOK Engine (Which also powered HL2) was the best physics engine available at that time.

yes crysis is better looking then halo but the game is now trash with both the 2 and 3 being very disappointing
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tenaka2

you are clueless, bungie didn't leave because MS chased the COD base, MS pretty much already has the COD base sewn up with the timed deals with activision etc. stop being a prat.sts106mat

Agree, bungie left because they were unhappy with the kinect focus and did want to make the Dancing Master Chief kinect only title that MS were insisting upon.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thedork_knight

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] you are clueless, bungie didn't leave because MS chased the COD base, MS pretty much already has the COD base sewn up with the timed deals with activision etc. stop being a prat.tenaka2

Agree, bungie left because they were unhappy with the kinect focus and did want to make the Dancing Master Chief kinect only title that MS were insisting upon.

bungie left because their contract with MS expired and they wanted to make multi format games
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] you are clueless, bungie didn't leave because MS chased the COD base, MS pretty much already has the COD base sewn up with the timed deals with activision etc. stop being a prat.tenaka2

Kinect_halo.jpg

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts

Obviously_Right
Unfortunetly I kind of agree with this. It's not dead entirely but....it's not looking good. What would really impress me with the next Halo game is if they got back to basics and ditch armor abilities, loadouts, weapon drops, etc. But it won't happen.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. "Impress beyond"? Beyond what? And what does ArmA have to do with KZ, Halo, or Crysis? To compare it to any of those is like comparing Mario Kart to iRacing. It's a military simulator and really has not much in common at all with those games, nor is it meant to target the same audience.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Halo is dead. Hasn't been a decent one since Halo 3.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Arma3, BF4 & KZ4 will be more than enough for me :) 

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Improve the graphics and scale, and keep the gameplay and art direction.

Bungie almost killed my love to the series with ODST and Reach, but somehow, 343i brought it back with Halo 4! The series are in good hands.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Really? Didn't the lst one have an even shorter campaign then the previous ones and wasnt spartan ops a disaster? Doesn't sound great tbh.

Spartan Ops isn't that great, but the campaign is just as long as any other Halo campaign. It's also the best one in terms of story, gameplay, visuals, set pieces, etc.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Actually change Halo top to bottom. Don't f*cking wuss out anymore and actually take some effort in changing the game. This is a franchise you could totally get away with doing that, and it needs it because the series is super f*cking stale right now.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
halo has long passed its expiration date..
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanDrakeSwag
halo has long passed its expiration date..campzor
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

It just needs to be a good game, it wont need great graphics to do that. However Halo games and good arent really something that go hand in hand.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 campzor
[QUOTE="campzor"]halo has long passed its expiration date..sts106mat
says the clown with a resistance sig.

I only have the resistance sig because it looks cool compared to the other psn id's which are available.. Nice try though.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

Hmm, I'd say, to equal or beat that list and with 343 at the helm; Halo 5 need only launch. :twisted:

But really, just do what Hao's have always done so well, nice big, well constructed levels / area's with plenty of surface, air & space :o vehicles but perhaps get back to a sorta Halo 2 kind of mutiplayer oh and the story has got to make sense with as little suspension of reality as possible in a sci fi space marine shootah. :P

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] says the clown with a resistance sig.sts106mat

I only have the resistance sig because it looks cool compared to the other psn id's which are available.. Nice try though.

so you admit it's crap.    lol

no, i admit its passed its expiration date and no more should be made.