What do you want from Nintendo this gen?

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts
Here's what I want: Wayyyy more multiplats on Wii U Evolution of their franchises,ALL OF THEM. Not Another M Just put ALL Mario sports games in ONE game,you money hungry scums! More to come,maybe. You?
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

- Better 3rd party support

- a decent pokemon game on the wii u

- a 6th gen pokemon game on the 3DS

- bringing nintendo's online up to psn/xbl

- Super mario galaxy 3 on the WiiU

- More ip's

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
New IPS A return to form for Metroid Zelda actually living up to its brand name. Put their best teams and more resources on bringing Fzero,starfox, and a few others back to the console and not having it be B-Tier nintendo.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
F-Zero UX
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
All sequels to Nintendo 64 games
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
dont care for 3rd party support as its a nintendo home console and thus, it is not needed if you have a playstation/xbox. First party games with minimal to no gimmicks featured in their games. That is all.
Avatar image for DenaliStrat1020
DenaliStrat1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DenaliStrat1020
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I want to see them deliver on both the 3DS and the Wii U, and actually innovate. A new controller doesn't mean you're being innovative. Be more friendly to indie devs so you can have games like Super Meat Boy, Fez, Braid, etc. on your system. Evolve your first-party big hitter franchises like Zelda and Mario to be more relevant to a new generation of gamers. Last but not least, for God's sake Nintendo, make a game that's as good as Ocarina of Time.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts
  • A constant stream of high quality exclusives.
  • A online infrastructure just as good as XBL.
  • $300 or lower price tag for the deluxe set.

Fortunately, all of that seems pretty much inevitable.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
  • Better 3rd party support
  • A zelda game that doesn't come out near the end of the consoles life
  • New IPs
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]New IPS A return to form for Metroid Zelda actually living up to its brand name. Put their best teams and more resources on bringing Fzero,starfox, and a few others back to the console and not having it be B-Tier nintendo.

All of this. I couldn't give a sh!t about 3rd party support because Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts
Better 3rd party support. Make Devs want to harness the power of the WiiU to make great titles, not watered down ports. New IPs.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

smash bros , mario kart, zelda, metroid, mario, starfox, f-zero, and wave race...all in HD

everything else is gravy..

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

No gimmicks and better games.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Great exclusives and some innovative ideas, as allways.

The last thing i was from Nintendo, is WiiU holding down Xbox3/PS4 multiplats.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

1) GameCube Virtual Console. Also on that note, NES/SNES/N64 with gamepad support; I want to be able to play all those games on the gamepad itself.

2) Lots of Wii U originals in eShop, like Pushmo / Dillon / Mighty Switch Force & more on 3DS. This is the perfect opportunity to keep us busy during periods with no retail releases.

3) Use the control scheme that makes sense. We have Wiimote, GamePad and Pro Controller. I.e. Zelda U with Wiimote, 3D Mario with gamepad, multiplayer options to use Wiimote/Pro controller.

4) I want to see co-op games with asymmetric gameplay, hopefully Retro is working on something along those lines. A game that requires verbal communication, and one player uses the gamepad, the other uses the screen playing with pro/wiimote, both are doing different things independent of each other, for example I protect you with the sniper and you do stuff on the ground.

5) Healthy mix of bridge/core games. I want Nintendo Land, Wii Pictionary, Wii Sports 3 and I also want F-Zero, Zelda, Mario.

6) Take over Japan, actively push devs to make games, and then localise them. Also more collaborations, why not let Platinum Games do a Starfox game in the future?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

New IPs would probably make me get a WiiU later on next year... for now I'll wait until it starts building a decent games library..

Also want to have a better idea first on their online service...

Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

Pilotwings U

Mario Paint 3D (3DS) or Mario Paint U

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

maybe zelda but thats it

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23913 Posts

New IPs provided that these new IPs do the following

1. Appeal to core gamers
  2. Contain innovation (A new but derivative IP does not feel fresh at all, in fact, Super Mario Galaxy felt a lot more fresh than a lot of new but banal IPs)

Return of F-Zero that is not dumbed down.
Zelda returning to the days of Majora's Mask and Wind Waker qualitywise.
Provide me with an escape from the cover based shooting that plagued this gen.
A game whose storytelling is on par with Nintendo's best.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Beat the last gen consoles in every way and have a healthy mix of 1st/3rd party games.
TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TommyBarban
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

What I didn't want was the Foxconn debacle over childlabor and the fact that they use material of questionable origin to manufacture their system, a company that earns no green points. Nintendo is a big zero when it comes down to ethics. Zelda should be interesting though, I will look at it from a distance.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#22 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
Does it matter? We all know Nintendo is going to disappoint the community SOMEHOW, no matter what's being done.
TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TommyBarban

To me it does, I was going to buy this system with all the disappointment that comes along with it. But I like a company that tries to do something about the environment, Sony gets the best points, another reason why I am switching sides.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoboy16

To me it does, I was going to buy this system with all the disappointment that comes along with it. But I like a company that tries to do something about the environment, Sony gets the best points, another reason why I am switching sides.

TommyBarban
You got on Nintendo's ass for working with Foxconn. You realize Sony does the same too, right?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I want more use of their older IP, I could care less about the use of new IP. I want more Mario games, Zelda games and Kirby. I buy Nintendo consoles to play the IPs I know and love.
TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TommyBarban

[QUOTE="TommyBarban"]

nintendoboy16

You got on Nintendo's ass for working with Foxconn. You realize Sony does the same too, right?

I know Sony works with Foxconn, that doesn't relate to the Nintendo incident IMO. Nintendo took responsibility for the incident. That indicates that they were aware of the internship program that practically forced minors to work on their console, or they failed to see it through negligence. Alongside the other factors that I mentioned I cant connect with the company anymore. Companies that work with Foxconn have the responsibility to make the proper agreements concerning working conditions.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I want no one to buy the Wii U next year so they leave the console market and become third party devs

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="TommyBarban"]

TommyBarban

I know Sony works with Foxconn, that doesn't relate to the Nintendo incident IMO. Nintendo took responsibility for the incident. That indicates that they were aware of the internship program that practically forced minors to work on their console, or they failed to see it through negligence. Alongside the other factors that I mentioned I cant connect with the company anymore. Companies that work with Foxconn have the responsibility to make the proper agreements concerning working conditions.

So just because Nintendo got targeted by the media and noticed the problem themseves, you refuse to buy anything made by them. BUT you give Sony a free pass because they weren't targeted then but are more then likely doing the same thing since they are working with THAT SAME manufacturing company?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendoboy16

I want no one to buy the Wii U next year so they leave the console market and become third party devs

KillzoneSnake
You're in for a rude awakening if that happens. Just ask SEGA's hedgehog.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

To be honest, nothing. I'll be content with my PC and the next Sony and/or MS console. Those are the ones which matter to me. In this past gen, I've recently had a sense of being overloaded with too many systems, so I'm looking to cut down on my active systems in this new gen.

TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TommyBarban

[QUOTE="TommyBarban"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] You got on Nintendo's ass for working with Foxconn. You realize Sony does the same too, right?nintendoboy16

So just because Nintendo got targeted by the media and noticed the problem themseves, you refuse to buy anything made by them. BUT you give Sony a free pass because they weren't targeted then but are more then likely doing the same thing?

Guilty untill proven guilty, if I have to base my decisions on baseless assumptions where is it going to get me? I expect the watchdogs to do their work and when a company does get caught I act accordingly.

I base it on what I know:

Nintendo violated the rights of children, I know that, -1 for Nintendo.

Nintendo takes the last place on Greenpeace enviromental rankings, -1 for Nintendo.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="TommyBarban"]

TommyBarban

So just because Nintendo got targeted by the media and noticed the problem themseves, you refuse to buy anything made by them. BUT you give Sony a free pass because they weren't targeted then but are more then likely doing the same thing?

Guilty untill proven guilty, if I have to base my decisions on baseless assumptions where is it going to get me? I expect the watchdogs to do their work and when a company does get caught I act accordingly.

Nintendo takes the last place on Greenpeace enviromental rankings, -1 for Nintendo.

Sorry, but it really does sound like you trust the media for everything and just follow their lead (in this case, blame it all 100% on Nintendo). It's not just Nintendo who admitted this issue, so did Foxconn as they pointed out several workers were forced there for school credit by their teachers.

Just because Nintendo got the attention, doesn't mean everyone else is safe. It still sounds like you're giving Sony a free pass, despite their affiliation with that same company.

TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TommyBarban

[QUOTE="TommyBarban"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]So just because Nintendo got targeted by the media and noticed the problem themseves, you refuse to buy anything made by them. BUT you give Sony a free pass because they weren't targeted then but are more then likely doing the same thing?nintendoboy16

Sorry, but it really does sound like you trust the media for everything and just follow their lead (in this case, blame it all 100% on Nintendo). It's not just Nintendo who admitted this issue, so did Foxconn as they pointed out several workers were forced there for school credit by their teachers.

Just because Nintendo got the attention, doesn't mean everyone else is safe. It still sounds like you're giving Sony a free pass, despite their affiliation with that same company.

The Foxconn issue aside, I don't see us agreeing on that. What about the last place on Greenpeace enviromental rankings? To me that shows zero responsibility, in times like these every act to steer the ship at least one nudge in the right direction should be rewarded. If HP would make consoles they would be the ones to go with, it doesn't sound sexy I know :P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#34 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

A Star Fox where you can operate the Arwing like a real plane.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I want a $199.99 Wii U with a AAAAE new Zelda as a pack-in. :o

Do I ask too much ? :P

Eh, perhaps in a year or two.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

SecretPolice

3-4 years and it'll be $249.99 with 40gb Blue

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

LegatoSkyheart

3-4 years and it'll be $249.99 with 40gb Blue

K, I'll split the dif with ya and go with, 3 years @ $199.99 on black Friday. :P

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Amazing games that return series to former glory (in my eyes)

I want to see Zelda ditch the SKyward Sword setup and go back to a more exploration based world, and take some leaps in areas we have yet to see from Zelda. I want that truely next gen, mind blowing, oldschool yet fresh and unique Zelda.

I want to see this same thing happen for Metroid as well as other IP's, in addition to new IP's.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Mature games
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkLink77

Zelda returning to the days ofWind Waker qualitywise.

Maroxad

Ew. And you want Zelda to get worse why?

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

an online multiplayer TimeSplitters. It could be "the" FPS for Nintendo

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16
Mature gamesthemajormayor
N64 era: -Perfect Dark (Rare) -Conker's Bad Fur Day (Rare) GC era: -Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Silicon Knights) -Geist (n-Space) 3DS: -Resident Evil Revelations (published by Nintendo in Europe, Capcom developed) Wii U: -Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo as publisher, SEGA as ambassador, Platinum Games as developer) Not to mention several third party stuff (that do better than Nintendo's own M rated games, weirdly enough).
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Not a damn thing.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, F-Zero, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Metroid, Smash Bros, Kirby, Pikmin, Lugi's Mansion, Star Fox, and last but not least Smash Bros.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

DarkLink77

WW > SS/TP

But the N64 ones are best.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Good first party games. That shouldn't be a problem though since they always deliver. That's all I really want.

Evolution of their franchises,ALL OF THEM. GreekGameManiac
:roll:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

NaveedLife

WW > SS/TP

Ew, WW is not better than TP.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

WW > SS/TP

Ew, WW is not better than TP.

take it back :evil: ..... take it back

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Twilight Princess was kinda lame.

I hated being the dog

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jonwh18

Mature games themajormayor
:lol: its laughable how much you care what people think of you. I haz sex all teh tim guyz .... relly I dus. srsly guyz..... guyz?

and I only pley meture gaemz! I r teh hardcore!