what do u prefer, strong start or strong finish?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll what do u prefer, strong start or strong finish? (26 votes)

strong start (aka the scum) 23%
strong mid & finish (SDC) 81%

as we all know sony usually starts of slow in terms of exclusives but keeps providing megatons till nextgen drops where as m$, aka the scum, moneyhat games early gen to deceive people into buying their garbage console and after building a user base rip them off with xbl and finish the gen 3 years before the competition.

which do u prefer? being treated as a used tampon or do u prefer the #4theplayers policy of sony

• 
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

0/10 go back to troll school.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

biased thread and poll is biased

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

biased how? are u denying that m$ limp across the finish line every time? even hardcore lems wont deny that

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#4 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Man, shut up.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

So in a vain attempt to boost the opinions of your preferred console (PS4)

You have openly admitted to the forum that the competition (MS) currently offers the better selection of software. Your not very bright are you.

But yes the Xbox is indeed the better choice of console for those of us who like our consoles with games...right here and now. If in ten years time MS fail to deliver exclusives by all means make this same thread. 6 months into a gen seems a little early though.

0/10.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MonsieurX said:

biased how? are u denying that m$ limp across the finish line every time? even hardcore lems wont deny that

Yeah,I remember all the awesome games that launched in the last years of the PS1 and PS2

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

Man, shut up.

why are u so obsessed with me, u come into every thread i make just to say 'shut up' hahahha

@MonsieurX said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Yeah,I remember all the awesome games that launched in the last years of the PS1 and PS2

me too. shame i about what happened with sh%tbox though, how long did m$ support that console again? haha

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PrincessGomez92

Why are you so stupid?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are you so stupid?

if i am stupid explain how i could finish splinter cell blacklist as a ghost? could u do this? who is stupid now i ask kindly?

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PrincessGomez92

Lol, that totally proves it. Why don't you read your posts and then you'll see.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Neither. I want consistently good games from many genres, great apps, and continued updating and improving the OS. I didn't make a dollar when the 360 won last gen, didn't lose a dollar when the PS4 didn't outsell the 360, haven't lost a dollar with the PS4 winning the sales race thus far, haven't lost a dollar with the One selling less. I might joke and post pics about the sales wars as that part of my entertainment, but overall I am only concerned with my system of choice pleasing me. All is is irrelevant.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are you so stupid?

if i am stupid explain how i could finish splinter cell blacklist as a ghost? could u do this? who is stupid now i ask kindly?

Still you

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Sometimes a strong start equals a strong finish....;)

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

@MonsieurX said:

Well even if he is a bit troll/biased obviously he has a point

Sony in each and every generation provided crazy exclusives till next-gen and beyond. They did that with PS1 and PS2 . Lets say they were far ahead of competition and they could do that because of the playerbase and huge profits ( with PS1/2)

But when Sony did exactly the same with dead last PS3 while being on a multibillion losses and struggles... Well that is an achievement on its own if you ask me. Sony proved with PS3 that those are the policies of this company. First or last , profits or losses. They support their systems till the very end or beyond. Something that we never seen before from any other console company ever and one of the main reasons i prefer Sony consoles. Sonys support is out of this world

So , there is a point , even in a trollish fashion i admit , on OPs claimings.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol, that totally proves it. Why don't you read your posts and then you'll see.

wow what a lame attempt to derail thread, u must not like the truth i preached. it ok little one, embrace SONY!!

@shawn30 said:

Neither. I want consistently good games from many genres, great apps, and continued updating and improving the OS. I didn't make a dollar when the 360 won last gen, didn't lose a dollar when the PS4 didn't outsell the 360, haven't lost a dollar with the PS4 winning the sales race thus far, haven't lost a dollar with the One selling less. I might joke and post pics about the sales wars as that part of my entertainment, but overall I am only concerned with my system of choice pleasing me. All is is irrelevant.

i think as a informed gamer i have the responsibility to tell noobs about how shitty xbox really is. jesus done the same and everyone loves him, all i get is hate :( i will never be appreciated in my time, but this is the burden i must bear if the scum are to be destroyed

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sometimes a strong start equals a strong finish....;)

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PrincessGomez92

You're a cow. That's all the proof I need.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

How is it biased? He may be fanoboyish, but his poll is 100% accurate. Microsoft usually has a good start, but then just completely drops off to a garbage mid and finish. Sony on the other hand starts off relatively slow, but then picks up in the mid of the generation and continuously drops megaton after megaton after megaton all the way until the end of the gen and even post next gen console release too.

Xbox looked promising in 2001 and 2002, but then dropped off and stopped being produced before the generation was even over, PS2 received quality games well into 2006, even 2007. (greatest library of all time though). Same with PS1, which didn't have much going for it in '94/95, but even got a AAAA exclusive in 2000, after the Dreamcast and PS2 already released.

X360 had a great 2005, 2006 and 2007, but a garbage 2008, 2009, 2010,2011,2012 and 2013.

PS3 had a garbage 2006 and 2007, but an phenomenal 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Okay not all those years were great for PS3, i.e. 2010 and 2012, but then again 360s 2005 wasn't competing with the PS3 as it had not launched, and the PS2 absolutely destroyed it that year.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I like to have a rough start and a strong finish.

Oh wait....

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

my girlfriend always did love a strong finish

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

wow.. i thought this thread was going to be interesting until i read the OP :(

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PrincessGomez92

@Sweenix said:

Go on.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Moving past TC's shitty OP, probably a stronger start. I look more favorably on games like Dragon Age that are amazing at the start and then 70% shit than a game with a weak start that I don't even complete.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lostrib
@Mozelleple112 said:

@MonsieurX said:

How is it biased? He may be fanoboyish, but his poll is 100% accurate. Microsoft usually has a good start, but then just completely drops off to a garbage mid and finish. Sony on the other hand starts off relatively slow, but then picks up in the mid of the generation and continuously drops megaton after megaton after megaton all the way until the end of the gen and even post next gen console release too.

Xbox looked promising in 2001 and 2002, but then dropped off and stopped being produced before the generation was even over, PS2 received quality games well into 2006, even 2007. (greatest library of all time though). Same with PS1, which didn't have much going for it in '94/95, but even got a AAAA exclusive in 2000, after the Dreamcast and PS2 already released.

X360 had a great 2005, 2006 and 2007, but a garbage 2008, 2009, 2010,2011,2012 and 2013.

PS3 had a garbage 2006 and 2007, but an phenomenal 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Okay not all those years were great for PS3, i.e. 2010 and 2012, but then again 360s 2005 wasn't competing with the PS3 as it had not launched, and the PS2 absolutely destroyed it that year.

idk, putting "aka the scum" as one of the options, seems like it would make the poll a bit biased

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

@Sweenix said:

Go on.

So... i decided to paint the rest of our house blue

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PrincessGomez92

@Sweenix said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@Sweenix said:

Go on.

So... i decided to paint the rest of our house blue

Lol.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i can forgive missteps in the beginning.

its why no one should declare the winner before well into the generation. if ms is going to make a "comeback" everyone will see it month to month. no one is going to slowly creep up because they launched at the same time.
sales will be plain as day not like last gen where xbox360 won how many months straight then next thing you know sony is right at its heels

sony on the other hand takes its time to build up. thats how it was for every gen. their launch line ups are okay at most. its always the 2nd wave that sets them right on track as far as quality ips. infamous may not have scored AAA on gs, but its not a bad game.

360 was the only console that didnt finish well, og xbox had halo 2 a year before they launched right? that cant be a weak finish.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghostwarrior786

@lostrib: lems must be publicly shamed, its the only way to make them understand

@jsmoke03 said:

its why no one should declare the winner before well into the generation. if ms is going to make a "comeback" everyone will see it month to month. no one is going to slowly creep up because they launched at the same time.

sales will be plain as day not like last gen where xbox360 won how many months straight then next thing you know sony is right at its heels

sony on the other hand takes its time to build up. thats how it was for every gen. their launch line ups are okay at most. its always the 2nd wave that sets them right on track as far as quality ips. infamous may not have scored AAA on gs, but its not a bad game.

360 was the only console that didnt finish well, og xbox had halo 2 a year before they launched right? that cant be a weak finish.

did u play halo 2? u did experience the ending right? finish the fight my fu%in ass

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib: lems must be publicly shamed, its the only way to make them understand

It really just makes you seem like a dumbass

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jsmoke03

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

did u play halo 2? u did experience the ending right? finish the fight my fu%in ass

im not basing this on my opinion of the game but by sw rules. it scored AAA, thats all there is to it. if you twist things up to make it look more favorable to you, you are no better than the other group you are trying to bash

edit: hence the ridiculousness of lems saying ps4 has no games because it hasnt scored AAAe. yet last gen, they kept bringing up the fact that xbox360 has the best library with the most AA-AAA games (not exclusive games)

that is ridiculous imo. Stop changing rules. back when i first started, it was AAA or flop. thats it. you dont hype AA games. something happened last gen but now that xbox1 is behind or ps4 is ahead, they are changing rules again.

and dont get me started on the metacritic scores being brought up

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

How about being consistently good.

Like the WiiU.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#32 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I personally like a good finish to a game

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786

@jsmoke03 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

im not basing this on my opinion of the game but by sw rules. it scored AAA, thats all there is to it. if you twist things up to make it look more favorable to you, you are no better than the other group you are trying to bash

edit: hence the ridiculousness of lems saying ps4 has no games because it hasnt scored AAAe. yet last gen, they kept bringing up the fact that xbox360 has the best library with the most AA-AAA games (not exclusive games)

that is ridiculous imo. Stop changing rules. back when i first started, it was AAA or flop. thats it. you dont hype AA games. something happened last gen but now that xbox1 is behind or ps4 is ahead, they are changing rules again.

well xbox 1 was only supported for 4 years so they had to release something for it. x360 was their real test of depth and they failed badly. they dont have the 1st party studio to keep pumping out games and as the gen goes on the money hats become too expensive. people talk about m$ endless money well why the hell dont they money hat cod then? or battlefield? m$ may have endless money but xbox doesnt

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I personally like a good finish to a game

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@bobbetybob said:

@MonsieurX said:

Sony in each and every generation provided crazy exclusives till next-gen and beyond. They did that with PS1 and PS2 . Lets say they were far ahead of competition and they could do that because of the playerbase and huge profits ( with PS1/2)

But when Sony did exactly the same with dead last PS3 while being on a multibillion losses and struggles... Well that is an achievement on its own if you ask me. Sony proved with PS3 that those are the policies of this company. First or last , profits or losses. They support their systems till the very end or beyond. Something that we never seen before from any other console company ever and one of the main reasons i prefer Sony consoles. Sonys support is out of this world

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@casharmy said:

@AzatiS said:

@bobbetybob said:

@MonsieurX said:

If thats all you have to say im glad !!!

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

It's a shame that this topic had to be ruined by the fanboyism of the topic creator because I think it could have actually generated a good debate.

I prefer a strong start.

The geek in me loves getting new technology so I like to buy consoles at launch if it can be justified with some great games early on, so by the end of a generation, I'm anxiously awaiting moving on to next gen hardware and can forgive a weak finish for the sake of the next gen console having a better launch and the games being even better due to benefiting from the next gen hardware.

My love of new technology makes me really want to get a PS4 right now just for the sake of having it, but I just can't justify buying it to watch it collect dust until The Order: 1886 releases, but this would not have been a problem if they would have just held The Last of Us back a few months and released it on the PS4 instead of the PS3. The game would have been even better due to the superior hardware and it would have given me a reason to buy a PS4 at launch. This same thing happened with the PS3 launch; there was nothing worth playing on PS3 for the first two years to justify buying one, but it didn't have to be that way; they could have released God of War 2 for the PS3 instead of releasing it for the PS2 after the PS3 had already launched.

Plus, by the end of a generation, I always have a backlog built up to keep me busy until the next gen consoles arrive. I could have went all of 2013 without buying any new games and I would have still had enough in my backlog to keep me busy, but when the next gen consoles arrived, I wanted some great games for them.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Mam, 0/10, I came here, mislead, thinking this was about games, not console wars trolling.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#39 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

how about having good games year round like the nintendo wiiu or the super nintendo

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are you so stupid?

that just made me laugh my ass off.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Go back to playing Gran Turismo 5 online. Oh wait.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TC sucks.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Another stupid ghostwarrior786 thread.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jsmoke03

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

well xbox 1 was only supported for 4 years so they had to release something for it. x360 was their real test of depth and they failed badly. they dont have the 1st party studio to keep pumping out games and as the gen goes on the money hats become too expensive. people talk about m$ endless money well why the hell dont they money hat cod then? or battlefield? m$ may have endless money but xbox doesnt

you are off topic from your original topic which is strong starts and finish.

so what if it was supported for 4 years. an abrupt finish is different from a weak ending. its like saying a band had bad albums in the end of their career because they only produced four albums

so they dont have as many first party studios as sony and maybe even nintendo (am i right??? i never knew which studios were under ninty with miyamoto making like 4 or 5 different games a cycle) but for every cod or battlefield, they have gears, titanfall that they have secured. and they managed to secure a couple of capcom games. theres even a rumor going around that re7 is exclusive to xbone. video games industry is such a small portion of the microsoft business. why would u sink all your money to something that only makes 5% of your business?!?!?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

How about being consistently good.

Like the WiiU.

More like consistently bad.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Strong start. There is nothing worse than getting bored of a game a few hours in and then having no reason to continue playing it.

I'd like the ending to at least be OKAY and give some closure (or be good as well) but it's not necessary, especially considering I finish maybe 1 in 15 games these days.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#47  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Why are you so stupid?

Are you for real? Finishing Blacklist with Ghost qualifies as intelligence? I guess I am a genius as well. On topic, I never get to all the games I want to play in a generation, so it doesn't matter to me whether MS doesn't pump out exclusives at the end. My backlog ensures I have games to play. I am using my PS3 to do it now, as I have an X1 and gave my 360 to my nephew. Question: Why are you emotionally involved with a corporation?