What can save the Vita?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MicrosoftRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MicrosoftRules
Member since 2012 • 835 Posts

[QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"] Gravity Rush says hi?Blake135

They have exclusives, nothing to compete with Pokemon and it's fanbase though. I'm saying they need something on that level to sell handhelds. Gravity Rush alone won't sell the handheld.

*twitches* im..agreeing with you...? Sony will *probably* still get decent IPs but they still won't sell Vitas, suprised they didn't spend a truck load for a exclusive MH Vita game.

Is this happening, we're agreeing with eachother right now? :o Lol.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

The PSP was crap, the Vita is crap - Sony needs to give it up...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#53 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Magic.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"][QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

They need some exclusives to sell the console (an RPG exclusive would be the best bet). I'm talking about something to match Pokemon for the 3DS. I mean, they need a big game you can't get anywhere else (not even PS3) to sell the Vita right now.

MicrosoftRules

Gravity Rush says hi?

They have exclusives, nothing to compete with Pokemon and it's fanbase though. I'm saying they need something on that level to sell handhelds. Gravity Rush alone won't sell the handheld.

Do you know how long it takes to raise a huge fanbase like Pokemon? Look at Sony, most of their exclusives back in the day with large fanbase have gone multiplat. It's unrealistic to expect Sony to pull out the same effect or to rival Pokemon with a new IP. Now with a several new IPs then its the different story, extremely hard to do though.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#55 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"] Gravity Rush says hi?rjdofu

Do you know how long it takes to raise a huge fanbase like Pokemon? Look at Sony, most of their exclusives back in the day with large fanbase have gone multiplat. It's unrealistic to expect Sony to pull out the same effect or to rival Pokemon with a new IP. Now with a several new IPs then its the different story, extremely hard to do though.

they can do it right they win. people go nuts for pokemon games. i know i do thats only reason i own a ds... make it better then Nintendo version get it advertised all over ign ect. BOOM
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

A price drop isn't needed, dumb guys.

It just need more games.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

k2theswiss

they can do it right they win. people go nuts for pokemon games. i know i do thats only reason i own a ds... make it better then Nintendo version get it advertised all over ign ect. BOOM

It's not as simple as you say it is like how they're making All Stars Battle Royale, it's not at the same popularity level as Nintendo's established franchise. The only way, THE ONLY POSSIBLE way Sony would be able to pull off something of this caliber is if they create an RPG with the same kind of ease and addictiveness as Pokemon with a fully integrated online component . Not only that, they would have to release in a time period where Nintendo and Game Freak "slip-up" with one of their main Pokemon games which would cause the series to decline a bit in popularity. Also, Sony would have to pour their ENTIRE marketing budget into the franchise like crazy, they have to make it so that their game is THE GAME to buy. After release they have to follow up if it is successful whether it be updates or new DLC it has to be done then the eventual sequel where they have to give nothing but their absolute A game. So you see, making a Pokemon-like game is not at all easy and it's a HUGE gamble in order for it to reach the success of Pokemon. The only game that comes close to kinda mimicking that style would be to my knowledge Ni no Kuni.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#58 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

More games, more marketing and a slight price drop. That's about it, any system is made by the games it has, a small price drop would add hype and sales, and the marketing would raise interest and definitely add sales.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

You'll have to forgive my ignorance regarding current Vita advertising, but anyways...:

They could come up with a better tagline (or whatever you call it) than "#Gamechanger".

I don't understand the tagline one bit.
It's not catchy and the ads certainly don't do much in the way of explaining it either.
How did Sony go from "It Only Does Everything" to this?

And if I'm confused about the Vita, how confused are the casuals?

Technoweirdo
bingo, advertising has been pretty poor. took a break from this site probably till like mid march and april. one of my TA's said he had a vita. took me a good 5 minuets to figure out what he was talking about and i consider myself usually up to date with gaming stuff. (for the most part)
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

The PSP was crap, the Vita is crap - Sony needs to give it up...

trollop_scat
They already have on the PSP - in the US/Europe, that is. Crap? Uh, the PSP actually sold quite a few numbers, but what plagued it here was the piracy. That's why you see so many more games in Japan (that are still released today on PSP!!) and not in the US.
captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 captainqwark20
Member since 2012 • 1221 Posts
Sonic Shuffle 2! Who's with me! Shinobishguy: "Hell yeah" Cool, we got a Sonic Shuffle supporter alright!
captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 captainqwark20

It just need more games.

GamerwillzPS
I can get a 4GB mem card from a more expensive hardware company than Sony for less than what Sony is charging.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

The Vita can't be saved because gamers have been brainwashed. At this point the only thing Sony can do is wait and hope that someday the effects of the brainwash will wear off and that people will finally realize that the Vita is the best handheld system ever created.

bionictonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 bionictonic
Member since 2012 • 262 Posts

The Vita can't be saved because gamers have been brainwashed. At this point the only thing Sony can do is wait and hope that someday the effects of the brainwash will wear off and that people will finally realize that the Vita is the best handheld system ever created.

Gue1

Name me Vitas 10 best games

captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 captainqwark20

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

bionictonic

Name me Vitas 10 best games

Uncharted Burning Skies Gravity Rush Little Big Planet 2 Dynasty Warrior The other Dynasty Warriors The YS3 remake Mortal Kombat. SFXTekken. Already enough right there. With upcoming Sonic Shuffle 2 going to sell in the bajillions.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

It just need more games.

GamerwillzPS
360 is outselling pms3 and according to you it has no games.....[ not a typo ]
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

Gue1
Yes... yes the old wait for the brainwashing to wear off theory...
bashar-xs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bashar-xs
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
Drop the price to $180 with a bundled 8gb memory card and release a killer app.JohnnyCageMK
should be 150 usd max
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

MOAR GAMES!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Sony seem to think that their own first party titles will be enough to save the PS Vita but that wont be enough.. Not by far. It needs killers apps. Someone said FF7 remake. Yeah.. that would send Vita sales sky rocketing.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Drop the price to $200, include a 4gb memory card, get games, and I'm sold.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Get rid of the apps. I hate how everything feels segregated. Doesnt feel like anything on the Vita flows together.

Make online available all the time. I dont see why the thing just doesnt stay connected to a router.

Some good RPGs.

A good Call of Duty.

A really good Yu-Gi-Oh game. I havent played one in a while.

Socom Fireteam Bravo 4. Make it good like 1 and 2 though. (My favorite PSP games)

That would make me gain mad respect for the Vita.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Get rid of the apps. I hate how everything feels segregated. Doesnt feel like anything on the Vita flows together.

Make online available all the time. I dont see why the thing just doesnt stay connected to a router.

Some good RPGs.

A good Call of Duty.

A really good Yu-Gi-Oh game. I havent played one in a while.

Socom Fireteam Bravo 4. Make it good like 1 and 2 though. (My favorite PSP games)

That would make me gain mad respect for the Vita.

RyanShazam
It's most likely to save power by not being connected all the damn time.
double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

...why does this same question need to be asked here every week? what brought up 3ds sales, a price cut and games. The vita is no different.

Chris_Williams

Dead on. Maybe throw in a 16gb card and it'll be fine

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

in japan it needs a monster hunter. Thats how psp was so alive over there. Though in geniral ps vita needs more games.