SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45115 Posts

I just beat Ghost of Tsushima. Really great game that I think surpassed most people's expectations. Fun combat and great story and incredible graphics! If I was a lem or herm, I'd be wondering why I didn't get a PS4 😜 But anyway. My next game I will be going back to is Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. Definitely excited to go back to that (get it, definitely?). And then I think once I'm done with that game, I'm onto Fire Emblem Three Houses.

What about you, SW? What are you playing this weekend?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Little bit of Horizon: ZD, Valorant and Hell Let Loose.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

Just beat Ghost of Tsushima as well. I think I'll jump back into Ori and the Will of Wisps and finally finish that.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3026 Posts

Marvels Avengers

Final Fantasy 7 remake

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

Darksiders 2

Persona 4 golden trying to get the plat on this one

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Horizon Zero Dawn. After a bit of playing around with it, I've managed to get it to run at a fairly satisfactory performance. Sure, it meant forgoing many bells and whistles, and I probably could have waited until more patches and my upcoming graphics card upgrade before really diving into this.

But I don't care. Graphics and gameplay were never the reasons this was the only game this generation to ever seriously tempt me to buy a console. No, the real appeal of this game for me was that when I first saw it, it gave me the same feeling I had when I first saw Nier: Automata, another game that would have made me seriously consider buying a console if it wasn't already coming to PC. Basically, this game looked fucking weird, yet unlike many weird games, actually looked playable (*coughDeathStrandingcough*).

So yeah, I'm not leaving this game until I find out why a tribal archer girl is wearing a Bluetooth headset and hunting robot dinosaurs.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

That Tony Hawk remake demo

Rogue Company

Fall Guys

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2565 Posts

I'm currently playing my Steam backlog of smaller games with some Civilization V in between.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Ps4: Judgement

Xbox: Forza Horizon 3

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@madrocketeer said:

Horizon Zero Dawn. After a bit of playing around with it, I've managed to get it to run at a fairly satisfactory performance. Sure, it meant forgoing many bells and whistles, and I probably could have waited until more patches and my upcoming graphics card upgrade before really diving into this.

But I don't care. Graphics and gameplay were never the reasons this was the only game this generation to ever seriously tempt me to buy a console. No, the real appeal of this game for me was that when I first saw it, it gave me the same feeling I had when I first saw Nier: Automata, another game that would have made me seriously consider buying a console if it wasn't already coming to PC. Basically, this game looked fucking weird, yet unlike many weird games, actually looked playable (*coughDeathStrandingcough*).

So yeah, I'm not leaving this game until I find out why a tribal archer girl is wearing a Bluetooth headset and hunting robot dinosaurs.

lol, did you try Death Stranding or are you just going off of online impressions? Death Stranding surprised me. I ended up liking it a lot more than expected.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Ghost of Tsushima is the main game.

These are some possibilities on the side - I downloaded Erica (PS+) and Fall Guys (PS+) And there's also Dreams.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#12 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Like I said, I was going by the first impression looks of the games. In Death Stranding's specific case, my second impression research also returned something that didn't sound like it was for me.

Maybe in a deep sale. And when I have at least 10 hours of podcasts and YouTube videos to get through.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Halo 2 Anniversary (MCC Steam )

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

More Gears 5 multiplayer on the Xbox One.

More Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Dragon Quest XI on the Switch.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Pure pool. The AI is not great (or rather it’s too great lol), but it’s still addictive. Fun to play in between the snooker world cup sessions 🤓

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Been playing DS and Sonic Mania time attack mode, gonna keep on with those.

Was way too hooked on doing side shit in DS, building infrastructure, and trying to get LLL on every mission. Also experimenting with the mechanics and systems, lots of weird gameplay stuff I discovered that I didn't know about on the first play.

Kept putting off going to the final area, but then went there by mistake lol. Which is fine, over 100 hrs in and should probably just finish it up.

Tried Horizon this week too, but doubt I'll scoop it. Feels way too basic, especially coming off of DS. Not like it's bad, just feels like a slightly better version of typical open world western games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69483 Posts

Maybe nothing because I am still waiting for my belongings to arrive after 2 weeks. 😐

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

Been playing DS and Sonic Mania time attack mode, gonna keep on with those.

Was way too hooked on doing side shit in DS, building infrastructure, and trying to get LLL on every mission. Also experimenting with the mechanics and systems, lots of weird gameplay stuff I discovered that I didn't know about on the first play.

Kept putting off going to the final area, but then went there by mistake lol. Which is fine, over 100 hrs in and should probably just finish it up.

Tried Horizon this week too, but doubt I'll scoop it. Feels way too basic, especially coming off of DS. Not like it's bad, just feels like a slightly better version of typical open world western games.

Glad you're enjoying DS. It really is addicting lol. Did you get obsessed with building ziplines all over, like I was?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#19 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Borderlands 2 and Forza horizon 4.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

Glad you're enjoying DS. It really is addicting lol. Did you get obsessed with building ziplines all over, like I was?

Man, I got obsessed with everything else lol. Full highway across the central region, as well as behind the snowy mountains and through the plains leading to Mountain Knot. Went crazy with other infrastructure too, built a zig zag of multiple bridges over the ravines in central region. Seems a lot of players are getting use out of those. Maxing out chiral bandwidth in so many areas, ganking terrorists for everything they have. Good times, the combat and stealth actually gets pretty satisfying in the hunt for resources.

Only built a few zips so far though. I have tons of chemicals and alloys at distro centers and prepper stations, could just tax them and go wild with zips. I think I'll need to in order to get LLL on all premium missions, some seem impossible even with trucks and bikes.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts

my PC crapped out! i shut it down one night, all seems well. no issues. i press the power button the next morning and.....nothing. zip. no fans spinning. no lights turning on....nada. zilch.

looks like the mobo and/or CPU is dead (power supply powered up another PC so i think its fine). it couldn't come at a worse time either as i was waiting for zen 3, X670 mobos and was looking to do it next year basically. as i have said in other threads: now is an awful time to build a PC. 2020 just keeps on giving :(.

RIP budgie....you were a troubled beauty :(.

....oh yeah: games. well since i am gaming PC-less my PS3 is currently doing the heavy lifting. I am playing Ni no kuni: Wrath of the white witch (been on the backlog for years). not thrilled on it so far though. love the art style. love the music. the world looks nice (if a bit.....flat). but the combat seems very very meh so far and there is A LOT of it. also the voice acting is annoying (except from the welsh sounding fairy. gaming needs more welsh voice actors.....there i said it). If it doesnt pick up soon though i am probably going to drop it.

may also finish off astral chain. after that i'm not sure....MHGU on the switch maybe.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Still chipping away at Ghost of Tsushima (so damn good) and also playing through Castlevania SotN. Oh and Hearthstone of course, the new expansion has actually breathed new life into the game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#23 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Man, I got obsessed with everything else lol. Full highway across the central region, as well as behind the snowy mountains and through the plains leading to Mountain Knot. Went crazy with other infrastructure too, built a zig zag of multiple bridges over the ravines in central region. Maxing out chiral bandwidth in so many areas, ganking terrorists for everything they have. Good times, the combat and stealth actually gets pretty satisfying in the hunt for resources.

Only built a few zips so far though. I have tons of chemicals and alloys at distro centers and prepper stations, could just tax them and go wild with zips. I think I'll need to in order to get LLL on all premium missions, some seem impossible even with trucks and bikes.

It took me a bit to realize you guys are talking about Death Stranding.

I was thinking man, Dark Souls has a lot of mechanics I didn't know about

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ConanTheStoner
@with_teeth26 said:

It took me a bit to realize you guys are talking about Death Stranding.

I was thinking man, Dark Souls has a lot of mechanics I didn't know about

Ha, we're actually talking about the Nintendo DS!

Damn, really tho. Can't call Death Stranding DS because Dark Souls. Can't even say DeS because Demons Souls.

Fromsoft really greedy with these acronyms.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Man, I got obsessed with everything else lol. Full highway across the central region, as well as behind the snowy mountains and through the plains leading to Mountain Knot. Went crazy with other infrastructure too, built a zig zag of multiple bridges over the ravines in central region. Seems a lot of players are getting use out of those. Maxing out chiral bandwidth in so many areas, ganking terrorists for everything they have. Good times, the combat and stealth actually gets pretty satisfying in the hunt for resources.

lol I wasn't big on raiding enemy camps, but I absolutely loved the exploration and building things for me and for others. I'm telling you the marketing for this game really failed. They focused on being "mysterious Kojima game" instead of showing some of the cooler stuff.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

lol I wasn't big on raiding enemy camps, but I absolutely loved the exploration and building things for me and for others. I'm telling you the marketing for this game really failed. They focused on being "mysterious Kojima game" instead of showing some of the cooler stuff.

Seeing the extended backfire from that is pretty funny.

Like with the console release, people just wrote it off as some artsy walking sim where you don't really do anything.

On PC it's actually being received very well. But some of the negative Steam reviews are complaining that it isn't an artsy walking sim. People looking for some relaxing podcast material, found a dense game instead haha.

Their marketing missed the mark with people who don't want that type of game. Then in turn, pissed off people who did lol.

But yeah, the broader reputation is set in stone now, no shaking it. Cult classic written all over it.

Making weird and misleading trailers for MGS was fine, well established series in a well established genre. Hopefully Kojima learned you can't do that stupid shit when trying to push something new.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Seeing the extended backfire from that is pretty funny.

Like with the console release, people just wrote it off as some artsy walking sim where you don't really do anything.

On PC it's actually being received very well. But some of the negative Steam reviews are complaining that it isn't an artsy walking sim. People looking for some relaxing podcast material, found a dense game instead haha.

Their marketing missed the mark with people who don't want that type of game. Then in turn, pissed off people who did lol.

But yeah, the broader reputation is set in stone now, no shaking it. Cult classic written all over it.

Making weird and misleading trailers for MGS was fine, well established series in a well established genre. Hopefully Kojima learned you can't do that stupid shit when trying to push something new.

lol, that is pretty funny. Do you think there will be a sequel or prequel? Do you want one?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15999 Posts

Skater XL and Destroy All Humans.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I don't know what to play, ran out of games.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Rogue Company closed beta, gotta keep grinding my characters.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

That Tony Hawk remake demo

Rogue Company

Fall Guys

Crazy.. that's exactly what I'm playing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69483 Posts

Movie game Man of Medan if my stuff arrives tomorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Currently nothing, but will play Forza Horizon 4 sometime as Playground has added some more Holdens to the game in the latest update.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Actually got myself hooked into banner saga 1. I've had it in my steam collection for well over 3 years without playing more than 10 minutes. Funny how that goes.

Really glad it roped me in, great game.

filthyn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

http://q2servers.com/

Quake II Servers

Found 155 players on 342 servers.

Also try Quake II Server Browser, a small and fast server browser for Windows that uses the Q2Servers.com server list.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

Dark Forces II

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Desperados III

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Final Fantasy XII on PS4 and I'll finish the Spiderman dlc. I'm on the last one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

Recently purchased Blazblue: Central Fiction Special Edition for the Switch on sale on the eShop so I might play some of that this weekend.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Focusing on FF14's new content. Uninstalled stupid Fall Guys.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Persona 4 Golden and Apex Legends.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

SoS: FoM. This game is more addictive than Ghost of Tsushima.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@briguyb13: patiently waiting for PS4 version for us Back to Nature nostagic fan. With original artstyle of course (FoMT is a remake of BtN on GBA, got remastered on Switch)

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@briguyb13: patiently waiting for PS4 version for us Back to Nature nostagic fan. With original artstyle of course (FoMT is a remake of BtN on GBA, got remastered on Switch)

Yeah, for some reason, FoMT is one of the few HM games I never played before. I've collected most of the older games in the series, and the newer SoS games on 3DS.

Couple of the newer games look pretty bad though.

This game is super cute, and the farming is super addicting. The rest of the game is pretty simple overall.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3026 Posts

Y'all sleeping on Marvels Avengers. It's a really fun game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:

Yeah, for some reason, FoMT is one of the few HM games I never played before. I've collected most of the older games in the series, and the newer SoS games on 3DS.

Couple of the newer games look pretty bad though.

This game is super cute, and the farming is super addicting. The rest of the game is pretty simple overall.

to be fair the game has been ported main times but probably just due to usually they were ported early in system lifecycle so u may miss it. Some of Back to Nature cast was from Harvest Moon 64 and then PS1 game was ported to GBA, got an enhanced port (female), a PSP and DS port as well. Actually played all of the versions except for HM64.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3226 Posts

Halo 3 on the PC. It will be the first time that I will be playing that game since I never owned a Xbox 360.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Tlou2 and Ghost, my gaming time is quite limited though, because I work 10 hours a night for the next 4 days.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

I actually booted up some Sherlock Holmes Crime and Punishment, which is pretty decent, if not straight-forward. Just sucks there's a non-fixed bug that crashes the game every so often.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic

After beating Ghost of Tsushima I got in the mood for another open world game, so I whipped up Red Dead 2 and I'm actually enjoying it. lol.