What annoys you about the Wii U?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

Me,

1) When i turn on the Wii U with the pro controller, the gamepad also turns on, even though you can do everything the tablet can do with the pro controller.. Sure you can turn off the gamepad, but it gets annoying having to bring both controllers wiith me.

2) I can't quit some games through the home button unless i go back to the main menu... are you serious? (I can quit any game, anywhere through the home button on PS3)

3) Updates take longer than PS3 updates... The latest black ops 2 update took about 10 minutes to download and install, while on PS3 it updated in a couple of minutes.

4) The loading times are really long compared to the other consoles, and you can't install games.

5) Why can't i play virtual console games with the WiiU controllers? Why don't they sell VC games through the WiiU for people without a Wii?

I hope these things get patched soon.

Do these things annoy you too? do you have other annoyances of Wii U?

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Long load times to do EVERYTHING!!! It feels like a hassle to access my friends list or MiiVerse. Other than that... I just want SMash Bros 4 and I will be happy.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

"4) The loading times are really long compared to the other consoles, and you can't install games."

How do you think downloaded games work?:lol:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

when i put a graphically intense console game like uncharted 3 in the disc drive, it spits it back out.

SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonyNintendoFan

"4) The loading times are really long compared to the other consoles, and you can't install games."

How do you think downloaded games work?:lol:

aroxx_ab
I only like owning physical copies. If my console breaks, and all i have is downloads, i lose everything. There is also no recovery system, or transferable accounts yet.
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonyNintendoFan
when i put a graphical intense console game like uncharted 3 in the disc drive, it spits it back out.campzor
Because WiiU can't play blu-ray movies :P
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

the name , it reminds me of the failure wii was

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
The smell. Seriously. Turn it on, wait like 3-5 minutes, then smell it. It's disgusting.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

The people that hate it. Cookie-Monster-2-icon.png

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

The smell. Seriously. Turn it on, wait like 3-5 minutes, then smell it. It's disgusting.freedomfreak

My PS3 smells like bacon :oops:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]The smell. Seriously. Turn it on, wait like 3-5 minutes, then smell it. It's disgusting.Sagem28

My PS3 smells like bacon :oops:

My 360 smells like burning money.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

when i put a graphically intense console game like uncharted 3 in the disc drive, it spits it back out.

campzor

WiiU built to detect inferior software.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
The fact it dosn't demand more of my time. I kind of want to play more, but somehow Far Cry and Zero Escape just demand more attention than another Mario.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#15 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

It wont put out. F*ckin prude.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

1. The price of the games.

2. The lack of media center options.

3. Wii games play with boarders.

4. No support for media formats, I cant copy a digital movie or show to my Mem stick, plug it in and start watching, I can do this on Ps3.

5. Lack of good games on the eshop, where are even the NES games, no where, 100kb games that take 2 seconds to download are not even on the e-shop, plus if they were they would be $7.99 NZD for one.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
Overscan. Are they going to fix it? I know this has been an issue for many people.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I haven't got a Wii U but I have a Wii and a family who love playing the Wii, what annoys me about the Wii U and the reason I'm not buying is because the Wii wasn't about graphics and third party blockbusters it was about the unique way we all could play, with the Wii motes and the Wii fit board, it was fun and the games were fun but the ps3 and 360 was already out which had the graphics and the games so i got one of them, what has the Wii U got which is unique a selling point to persuade me to buy a new console over just playing the Wi??? Nothing it has no unique selling point its just a low end console with a tablet controller a gimmick, with old games from the other consoles being released when anyone who is a gamer themselves already has them for the other console. Nintendo has lost its ways and have forgot why the wii sold so much and now even more so everyone saying about the load times i always enjoyed Nintendo for its no loading times what a shame they have gone this way

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Tech. Lets say we're in 04, 360 is announced, we know how much better everything will look like (no only graphics but fluid animations on characters/enemies, physics ect) and MS randomly decided to cancel 360 and let us with the original xbox for 5+ years. This is how i feel about the wiiu, no advancement whatsoever and being stuck in the past, not two or three years but almost a decade...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Still won't play DVDs. Especially with how much effort they are putting into making it a console with a multimedia focus with TVii, various VOD and streaming services, gamepad can be used as a TV remote, etc. But playing DVDs or Blurays? Nope.
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
When a disc is in the drive it never stops spinning whether you're playing it or not. No pop up to tell you when you've received a message.. My controller doesnt even flash the blue light to tell me. Yet it flashes to tell me someone has come online. Slow loading times for anything.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

That its 6 years late.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I'm a bit surprised at some of these. Was the Wii U rushed?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

HalcyonScarlet

Yes.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
TVII doesn't work. Youtube doesn't work. OS still needs loads to be optimized. I'm stuck without anything i wanna play untill March part from DARKSIDERS 2.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dobzilian
When a disc is in the drive it never stops spinning whether you're playing it or not. No pop up to tell you when you've received a message.. My controller doesnt even flash the blue light to tell me. Yet it flashes to tell me someone has come online. Slow loading times for anything. doll94
I'M sure you have to go to settings to make the light come on when a message, friend online and so forth.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

ChubbyGuy40

Yes.

I wonder if they can fix some of these problems. MS couldn't improve speed of Vista.

Also the updating speed was never really improved on the PS3 from what i've been led to believe.

It's only small bugs and features that can be improved.

Maybe rushing the OS was the big mistake.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 doll94
[QUOTE="doll94"]When a disc is in the drive it never stops spinning whether you're playing it or not. No pop up to tell you when you've received a message.. My controller doesnt even flash the blue light to tell me. Yet it flashes to tell me someone has come online. Slow loading times for anything. dobzilian
I'M sure you have to go to settings to make the light come on when a message, friend online and so forth.

You serious? Why the hell would it be set to off by default. Yet when a friend comes online its set to on by default. Hows Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U btw? Is the online pretty populated?
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Well, the demo kiosk at the store wouldn't actually let me play any of the demo's, just watch gameplay video.

That was pretty annoying.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 doll94

Well, the demo kiosk at the store wouldn't actually let me play any of the demo's, just watch gameplay video.

topgunmv
Rayman Legends shouldve been playable. Thats the only game i think is though.
BlendThree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BlendThree
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

The fact that I have to explain to nearly everyone I talk to about it that it isn't just a Wii bundle.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cryemocry
Member since 2013 • 590 Posts

Nintendo doesnt know what real gamers want.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

doll94

That one didn't work either.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="doll94"] I'M sure you have to go to settings to make the light come on when a message, friend online and so forth.doll94
You serious? Why the hell would it be set to off by default. Yet when a friend comes online its set to on by default. Hows Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U btw? Is the online pretty populated?

just checked. its 'configure home button when notification is received' which needs to be on.

Yeah its alright, Its hit and miss and matters what time of day with online but normally waiting just a minute or 2 for a fight with a good connection 3/5 blocks.

Nintendo doesnt know what real gamers want.cryemocry

pikmin 3, bayonetta 2, monster hunter tri ultimate, wonderful 101... Looks like they know what i want.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 doll94
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="doll94"][QUOTE="dobzilian"] I'M sure you have to go to settings to make the light come on when a message, friend online and so forth.

just checked. its 'configure home button when notification is received' which needs to be on. Yeah its alright, Its hit and miss and matters what time of day with online but normally waiting just a minute or 2 for a fight with a good connection 3/5 blocks.

Ah nice one.. Guess I can remove that from my dislikes now then :) I might pick it up.. Need a fighter on the Wii U. I suck so bad at TTT2 though :D
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 doll94

[QUOTE="doll94"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

That one didn't work either.

Ah damn.. Well that sucks.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dobzilian
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="doll94"]You serious? Why the hell would it be set to off by default. Yet when a friend comes online its set to on by default. Hows Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U btw? Is the online pretty populated?doll94
just checked. its 'configure home button when notification is received' which needs to be on. Yeah its alright, Its hit and miss and matters what time of day with online but normally waiting just a minute or 2 for a fight with a good connection 3/5 blocks.

Ah nice one.. Guess I can remove that from my dislikes now then :) I might pick it up.. Need a fighter on the Wii U. I suck so bad at TTT2 though :D

No worries, Glad i can be of use. Its worth picking up as you get all the DLC bundled in like characters, Tekken Ball and Nintendo Costumes. Its probably the best Tekken Game since TEKKEN 3 or Tag. I'm not that good. Just learning multi-grabs with Nina as she is quicker than King and use Kunimitsu.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Oh i just remember a thing i hate, the disc spin all the time in the drive even you not even play the game !!!

Yeah i can eject the disc but i am LAZY :lol:

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 doll94
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="doll94"][QUOTE="dobzilian"] just checked. its 'configure home button when notification is received' which needs to be on. Yeah its alright, Its hit and miss and matters what time of day with online but normally waiting just a minute or 2 for a fight with a good connection 3/5 blocks.

No worries, Glad i can be of use. Its worth picking up as you get all the DLC bundled in like characters, Tekken Ball and Nintendo Costumes. Its probably the best Tekken Game since TEKKEN 3 or Tag. I'm not that good. Just learning multi-grabs with Nina as she is quicker than King and use Kunimitsu.

You mind if I add you as a friend on Wii U? You can destroy me when I get around to buying TTT2. My ID is DontUseJelly
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cryemocry

i want a real successor to mario 64 mario sunshine neither galaxy is.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dobzilian
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="doll94"]Ah nice one.. Guess I can remove that from my dislikes now then :) I might pick it up.. Need a fighter on the Wii U. I suck so bad at TTT2 though :Ddoll94

You mind if I add you as a friend on Wii U? You can destroy me when I get around to buying TTT2. My ID is DontUseJelly

Yeah sure. lmao@ Name. thats one funny name.
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cryemocry

n64 era nintendo focused on real games unlike now.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

The name.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

The gamepad has a pathetic battery life, but its not just because the controller needs a lot of juice. That would be okay in itself. No, nintendo put a pathetic battery in the the thing and made its compartment easily accessible. They are saying that we need to buy an addon just to run the console at a minimum acceptable level. Come to think of it, it's the same with the other controllers since only the gamepad is included, and the thing requires an external hard drive if you want any kind of storage. There are so many addons for this console, and the base unit is too stripped down, even in the so called "deluxe" model

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

cryemocry
Whatever the hell that means.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

you can't actually do everything without the gamepad and it tells you that while entering the eshop.

I definately agree with the load times thing though.

cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cryemocry
[QUOTE="cryemocry"]

Michael0134567
Whatever the hell that means.

Real gamers dont want GIMMICKS LOL
cryemocry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cryemocry

dualscreen is a gimmick lol motion controls are a gimmick