Well, SEGA is dead to me.

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
http://www.tssznews.com/2012/11/27/sega-launches-shining-force-dmca-campaign-on-youtube/ Another franchise bites the dust. What do they develop now in the West anyways? Sonic, Platinum Games, Aliens, and their 77th rehashed port! God, what happened SEGA?
Avatar image for battlefieldfan4
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 battlefieldfan4
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts
Thanks to Nintendo, Microsoft and all their 8-year-old fanboys, other companies are finding it to be more profitable to milk series instead of making new ones.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Um... what? Where does it say the game won't be released in the West?

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

binary domain was so cool so it isnt for me

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Um... what? Where does it say the game won't be released in the West?

DarkLink77
SEGA hasn't released a new Shining game in the West in almost 6 years, and they've made over 7 games in that time, it isn't coming over soon.
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

Only thing I care about that Sega is involved with is Total War and that is still going strong :)

Skies of Arcadia was a 2nd but that has long since been gone, also Phantasy Star and PSO 2 is coming out too.

the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts
God, what happened SEGA?SonicNextGen2
This gen happened
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

DMCA'ing gameplay footage?

Well technically they have the legal recourse to do so. However normally video game intellectual property owners see reviews/let's plays as 'fair use' of their content. Particularly if the content is not monetised.

You might lol,Mega64 - Sonic Sucks

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Thanks to Nintendo, Microsoft and all their 8-year-old fanboys, other companies are finding it to be more profitable to milk series instead of making new ones.battlefieldfan4
To an 8 year old, it's likely all new. This is the most idiotic thing I've read all week. What's your real account?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
Thanks to Nintendo, Microsoft and all their 8-year-old fanboys, other companies are finding it to be more profitable to milk series instead of making new ones.battlefieldfan4
It's called the end of the gen, son. This always happens.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Well for me if Sega keeps on producing and devving Total War and the better Sonic games that have come out just recently, then they are fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

It was dead to me the moment it rejected funding Bayo2 for the 360/PS3 giving it to Nintendo to turn it WiiU exclusive

F*CK YOU SEGA

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

They only thing they do that I care about is the Total War series. It's one of the few things making them money, and they are treating the series well, so I got no beef with them.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
I really can't remember the last great Sega game I've played... Perhaps Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox. I've stayed clear away from them, because their franchises really suck now a days. Such a hue shame, because Sega use to be one of my favorite companies!
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

I quit caring about Sega some time in the mid-late 90's.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Virtua Fighter 5 is the best fighter this gen.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

It was dead to me the moment it rejected funding Bayo2 for the 360/PS3 giving it to Nintendo to turn it WiiU exclusive

F*CK YOU SEGA

Vatusus
maybe the next gen sony and ms will get a port , its not segas fault that only nintendo is next gen and the ohers use ancient hardware
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
It was dead to me the moment it rejected funding Bayo2 for the 360/PS3 giving it to Nintendo to turn it WiiU exclusive F*CK YOU SEGAVatusus
Without Nintendo there wouldn't have been a Bayonetta 2. Sega didn't have the money to invest in a niche franchise. Welcome to the world of business. Don't like it? Tough sh!t.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Last Shining force game released in the EU was 10 years ago....

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

I still love Sega. They may not be what they once were, but they're still among my top companies in gaming right now. People give them way too much unfair stick.

Just gonna lay a cool fact here. If somehow Sega had the funds to launch a new console, their console would have one of if not the best first party lineup. Basically what I'm saying is that this gen Sega have developed and published more quality titles than the big three console companies.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

F*CK YOU SEGA

AmnesiaHaze
maybe the next gen sony and ms will get a port , its not segas fault that only nintendo is next gen and the ohers use ancient hardware

Yeah, that wasn't the reason Bayonetta 2 isn't on the PS3 / 360 and Nintendo's hardware is hardly crushing the competition.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]It was dead to me the moment it rejected funding Bayo2 for the 360/PS3 giving it to Nintendo to turn it WiiU exclusive F*CK YOU SEGAZeviander
Without Nintendo there wouldn't have been a Bayonetta 2. Sega didn't have the money to invest in a niche franchise. Welcome to the world of business. Don't like it? Tough sh!t.

Sega dont have money to invest in anything other then some Sonic sh1tty game.

So, again, F*CK YOU SEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

F*CK YOU SEGA

AmnesiaHaze

Come talk to me again when the WiiU produces a better looking game than th best ones on PS3/X360

until then... no

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Wow, are they really banning youtube channels for showing gameplay footage? Countless of people use youtube for this.. WTF sega. May as well start banning twitch tv channels also. Seen plenty of SEGA games being live streamed on there including Shining Force just recently.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Virtua Fighter 5 Final, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Valkyre Chronicles, Total War Shogun 2, Yakuza, Mad World, Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, Sonic Racing Transformed, Outrun Online, After Burner Climax, NiGHTS HD, Crimson Dragon (Kinect, tba), ect.

Lots of good games from them this gen...

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]It was dead to me the moment it rejected funding Bayo2 for the 360/PS3 giving it to Nintendo to turn it WiiU exclusive F*CK YOU SEGAVatusus

Sega dont have money to invest in anything other then some Sonic sh1tty game.

So, again, F*CK YOU SEGA

Actually, Sega still wins either way. Because they own the franchise, they still get a cut of the profits without having to lift a finger. Platinum Games will be devleoping it, while Nintendo handles the costs and effort of promoting the game. By not investing in Bayonetta 2's development, Sega atcually comes out as a major winner in all of this. They will still get their cut, while two other companies handle all the costs involved with making the game.

I'm not sure if Sega had any hand in making this happen, but they got themselves a pretty sweet deal.

And Sega does invest in other games besides Sonic. Look at their release schedule for this generation, and you'll see other franchises like Total War, Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, and countless other IPs being made.

Sonic is at the forefront due to one simple reason. It's a major moneymaker franchise for Sega and their flagship IP. It's always been that way since the 16-bit era. Unless Sonic bombs in sales, expect them to invest money into making a Sonic game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

nintendo should totally buy sega..

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AznbkdX

KBFloYd

There are two companies that I think they should buy if they ever someday felt like splurging.

One of them is Sega. Another notable one is Platinum Games. There is a third but I cant put my finger on the last as of now.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
All I want is those shining force DS games, Valkyria chronicles 3, yakuza and I'm done with them.
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

KBFloYd
RIP Total War.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

KBFloYd
That'd be kinda sad on Sega's part. Ninty's greatest rival and an old titan in gaming reduced to their whipping boy.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I'm a big fan of SRPGs, so it really sucks that Shining and Valkyria are both so inconsistant/tought to play. It's sometimes easier to just forget they exist rather then punish myself with pointless hope, sadly :(
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Virtua Fighter 5 Final, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Valkyre Chronicles, Total War Shogun 2, Yakuza, Mad World, Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, Sonic Racing Transformed, Outrun Online, After Burner Climax, NiGHTS HD, Crimson Dragon (Kinect, tba), ect.

Lots of good games from them this gen...

nameless12345

the thing is that most of those games will never see another sequel ever again!

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

Capitan_Kid

That'd be kinda sad on Sega's part. Ninty's greatest rival and an old titan in gaming reduced to their whipping boy.

Eh I think they have resolved their differences enough considering iirc they got one of the main Sonic devs on their side as of now.

I think Ninty should supply them with money and let them do what they want for the most part with some restriction, like some of the other companies it owns. I bet with more financial backing they can create even better things.

Also Total War shouldn't be ruled out. It would be weird to see a Nintendo publishing logo on a PC game, but it would be kinda cool at the same time.

lolatyoulol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lolatyoulol
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
sega doesnt exist anymore they merged with sammy.
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
Sega buying up Creative Assembly from Activisison was probably their only smart move since 9/11 hit Dreamcast. Sega don't have the money nor do they have the talent to make great games from their existing franchises anymore. Sega is in a certain mire and has been since they became a third party publisher. I don't see them coming out of the mire anytime soon unless they finally release a big hit like T2 has with GTA, Red Dead or Activision with COD, etc...
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
I am a Sega fanboy at heart and I still have a functioning Dreamcast that I bought way back in 1999. This is all deeply sad somehow. :(
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AznbkdX

I am a Sega fanboy at heart and I still have a functioning Dreamcast that I bought way back in 1999. This is all deeply sad somehow. :(Kjranu

I think they did fairly well these past few years.

I also think nameless gave out a large list of games. The ppl ragging on them now are a group that only focused on their failed games and endeavors.

Try to look at them with no tinted shades. You might see something better or maybe worse. You can't tell until you dispel the initial hate though.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

over the next year you're going to see alot more of this practice from companies not just sega, let's players are going to be having a hell of a time.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

over the next year you're going to see alot more of this practice from companies not just sega, let's players are going to be having a hell of a time.

ReadingRainbow4

Why do you think this?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

That's nice, I'm having a blast with Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FlamesOfGrey

ReadingRainbow4
I agreed with Playthrough channels being hit but I know Youtubers who reviews of Shining games got them copyright strikes for just using a little footage. Funny thing is those reviewes were PRAISING the games. Sega is just backwards.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
At least as far as Nintendo is concerned your statement doesn't explain Dillon's Rolling Western, Spirit Camera, Pushmo, Sakurai Samurai and so many other new games from them.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

psymon100

Why do you think this?

It's no secret many companies consider let's plays a form of piracy. It's a huge stretch, but they would rather have you buy and play the games for yourself instead of watching others.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ReadingRainbow4
[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

FlamesOfGrey
I agreed with Playthrough channels being hit but I know Youtubers who reviews of Shining games got them copyright strikes for just using a little footage. Funny thing is those reviewes were PRAISING the games. Sega is just backwards.

The funny thing is I just did a quick search on youtube and there's still plenty of prominent let's players with their shining force play through's.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

ReadingRainbow4

The funny thing is I just did a quick search on youtube and there's still plenty of prominent let's players with their shining force play through's.

I'm sure SEGA will get to them eventually. 3 copyright strikes and your channel is gone. All Sega needs to do is file complaints on 3 of the playthrough videos and any one channel is finished.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

Capitan_Kid

thats in the past though and business is business.. Im sure if Nintendo buys Sega,they would want them to make some great games and not rub it in their faces lol
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ReadingRainbow4
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

jessejay420

thats in the past though and business is business.. Im sure if Nintendo buys Sega,they would want them to make some great games and not rub it in their faces lol

I'd rather not see Nintendo purchase sega, that would be the end for any versions of anything on PC. Because as we all know, Nintendo doesn't deal with pc.
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

Mr_BillGates

RIP Total War.

Mario Total War: Koopa Kingdoms

lolatyoulol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lolatyoulol
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
sega needs to buy themself back from sammy lol it's no wonder they completely suck now.