Watchdogs PS4 and PC "Good choices"

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@daious said:

Judging from the huge downgrade, I can't imagine consoles being the best choice. However, Ubisoft optimization has been god awful so Idk

I think they mean choose pc if you can, and if you can choose between consoles. Choose PS4. That's how i read it

Well it says he was just asked about the PC and PS4, not the X1

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@daious said:

Judging from the huge downgrade, I can't imagine consoles being the best choice. However, Ubisoft optimization has been god awful so Idk

I think they mean choose pc if you can, and if you can choose between consoles. Choose PS4. That's how i read it

Well it says he was just asked about the PC and PS4, not the X1

but i still read it in that way since he didn't even bring up other consoles and said those were good choices aswell.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

don't get so butthurt, please. PS4,PS4,PS4

Your trolling is not creative.

How exactly is this trolling?

There's a lot of things to consider when deciding between Ps4 and PC. Graphics will be better on PC, while someone -- like myself -- with an awesome surround sound would rather enjoy that populated world on a console, as I'm out of PCI slots on my motherboard, and I can't get surround sound on my PC.

It's factually better on PC when talking about a good PC. A good PC can easily do surround sound.

In SW we aren't talking about crappy PCs.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lostrib

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

There's a lot of things to consider when deciding between Ps4 and PC. Graphics will be better on PC, while someone -- like myself -- with an awesome surround sound would rather enjoy that populated world on a console, as I'm out of PCI slots on my motherboard, and I can't get surround sound on my PC.

It's factually better on PC when talking about a good PC. A good PC can easily do surround sound.

Well, except for those threads when people are. Like the 750ti that can beat the X1 or the 400-500 dollar console killer PCs

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts
@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

Not having an extra PCI slot doesn't constitute a crappy PC, and believing otherwise shows how narrow your vision is. My PC has a 3GB 7970, a high-end i7, and 16GB of RAM. My PC makes games look reallly pretty. It just doesn't do surround sound, nor is it anywhere near my home theater -- because not everybody wants their desktop out of their office, since I do a lot of actual work on it -- so for a game like Watch Dogs, with the promise of a living, breathing world, I'm much more intrigued at the possibility of high-end sound instead of graphics.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@GarGx1 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

Mpotherboard's have been carrying on board 7.1 audio ports for years now. Or you can always get an Audio card in a USB dongle.

Thank you, friend. My motherboard doesn't have 7.1 sound, but I never knew you could get a USB attachment. I'll have to look into that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lostrib

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

Not having an extra PCI slot doesn't constitute a crappy PC, and believing otherwise shows how narrow your vision is. My PC has a 3GB 7970, a high-end i7, and 16GB of RAM. My PC makes games look reallly pretty. It just doesn't do surround sound, nor is it anywhere near my home theater -- because not everybody wants their desktop out of their office, since I do a lot of actual work on it -- so for a game like Watch Dogs, with the promise of a living, breathing world, I'm much more intrigued at the possibility of high-end sound instead of graphics.

You have a high end i7 and your motherboard doesn't put out surround sound? Wtf

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

You mean someone specifically asked them about the PS4 and XBO versions and he said both were fine? Therefore meaning that the XBO version is inferior because no one asked him about it?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

When I built my PC, I reached my budget, and my i7 had a solid, albeit barebones, motherboard included in the purchase. Aside from not having a ton of features itself, it does everything else I want it to with no problems, and seeing that I only move my PC to my home theater when a new Bethesda game comes out, why bother spending a few hundred dollars on something I'll use once every three years, you know?

I'm perfectly happy with my JBL 2.1 system for most games, but I just want a comfy couch, a controller, and surround sound on my big, open world types (aside from Bethesda games, as stated above. I'll never play those with anything other than a mouse and keyboard).

To round it out, I'm not terribly concerned about graphics on Watch Dogs, as I didn't really think the e3 2012 demo everybody's freaking out about even looked that great. But the potential for sound... Yum.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

When I built my PC, I reached my budget, and my i7 had a solid, albeit barebones, motherboard included in the purchase. Aside from not having a ton of features itself, it does everything else I want it to with no problems, and seeing that I only move my PC to my home theater when a new Bethesda game comes out, why bother spending a few hundred dollars on something I'll use once every three years, you know?

I'm perfectly happy with my JBL 2.1 system for most games, but I just want a comfy couch, a controller, and surround sound on my big, open world types (aside from Bethesda games, as stated above. I'll never play those with anything other than a mouse and keyboard).

To round it out, I'm not terribly concerned about graphics on Watch Dogs, as I didn't really think the e3 2012 demo everybody's freaking out about even looked that great. But the potential for sound... Yum.

The thing is, all those things are possible with the PC version. So it comes down to graphics and performance, which will be better on the PC. Hence, saying, "best on ps4, oh yeaaa" is just poor trolling (most likely just to bother Jankar)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@millerlight89 said:

best on ps4, oh yeaaa

Don't be a moron please.

The board does not make the chip. You could have a top tier i7 yet if you can slot it into a bottom tier board.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lostrib

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

The board does not make the chip. You could have a top tier i7 yet if you can slot it into a bottom tier board.

I know, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of since especially if it was a K series chip. But even cheap budget boards come with surround

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

external sound card might be an option?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@daious said:

I'll probably wait and get it sometime after it's released. I'd be more worried about how it plays, then how it looks. We know it will look better then last gen, which is all that really matters.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

I know, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of since especially if it was a K series chip. But even cheap budget boards come with surround

5.1 yes, 7.1 most likely not.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lostrib: anything that gets jankar to repeat "pc has more AAE and AAAE games" over and over ad nauseam.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

Many of them do, you just have to use the front inputs

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jankarcop

Can you idiots use a new quote chain I keep getting a notification.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jankarcop

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lostrib: anything that gets jankar to repeat "pc has more AAE and AAAE games" over and over ad nauseam.

also

• most games total (not just exclusive)
  • best version of "90%" multiplat titles
  • better online and more features (competative gaming, mods, communities, better twitch, etc.)
  • more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lostrib

@Jankarcop said:

yes

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lostrib

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• better online and more features (competative gaming, mods, communities, better twitch, etc.)
  • more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

I bet the console gamers can spell competitive

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jankarcop

It was only 1 misspelled word due to a typo.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Jankarcop: never. You will be notified for the remainder of this thread.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Jankarcop: using the "i" word shows your immaturity, and thus, I will crusade against you in the form of constant notifications. Feel my passive aggressive wrath.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

stop offending peasants with your facts. they clearly don't like it.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@MBirdy88 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

stop offending peasants with your facts. they clearly don't like it.

I've never been against facts. I'm an avid PC gamer, and quite a bit of that is true. PC offers options, scalability, potentially -- often so -- superior performance. Jankar just tends to be such a narrow-minded turd when it comes to PC refuses to understand why anybody would want to game in any other manner, I find it impossible not to exacerbate things.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Jankarcop said:

Many of them do, you just have to use the front inputs

And just for the sake of keeping this particular thread-line going -- Pickles. ;)

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Disable email notification like I did. Unless you just have to stay up to date on every topic you have participated in....

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Jankarcop said:

Disable email notification like I did. Unless you just have to stay up to date on every topic you have participated in....

I think his head would explode if he couldn't make a point about PC gaming when anybody points out they enjoy absolutely anything else.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

Dont forget most assholes aswell.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@highking_kallor said:

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

I've found PC gamers can be the most stubborn when it comes to admitting any weaknesses to their platform of choice, of which all platforms have them. This is not a generalization of all PC gamers, as I am one, but it's certainly something I've noticed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lostrib

@highking_kallor said:

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

Nah, that's XBL

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

Nah, that's XBL

Well, both run on Windows, so....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lostrib

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

Nah, that's XBL

XBL runs on Xbox

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@Jankarcop said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

also

• more genres
  • most controllers
  • most devs
  • most gamers

Nah, that's XBL

XBL runs on Xbox

I think we're just arguing semantics. Aren't we on the same side here?

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

Hey we all know PC's rule. I prefer PC gaming myself, infact I have not turned on my ps3 for months and refuse to buy these cheap "next gen" consoles until they have some actual games. Just no need to be all uppity about it like jankarcop.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@highking_kallor: Pretty much. I love my gaming PC, but sometimes I just want to relax on my couch and use something easy. What it boils down to is that fanboys suck ass. I have a favorite platform and a least favorite platform, but all of them have their value in one way or another.

People who refuse to understand why somebody enjoys something they don't are the worst.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

PS4 version incoming for me. :D

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@casharmy said:

Stupid really.

Knowing now that Infamous SS looks just as good if not better than their 2012 E3 reveal, people at least have an idea of what the PS4 is capable of.

Infamous in current release form compared to the E3 2012 reveal

Like of not Infamous has set the standard for open world games on PS4 and Ubisoft's downgrades don't make much sense considering of what it is capable of.

The car and pedestrian density in Watchdogs is at least 2x that of Infamous.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

Obviously PC is the way to go if you don't want the game downgraded.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@treedoor said:

Guy asks about PS4 and PC specifically, and gets a response back about the PS4 and PC, and thus we can assume that the Xbox One version is bad.

Will cows ever realize how stupid they sound?

qft

but then again this is the stupidity called sw