Watch Dogs and Ubisoft are a joke

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

http://i.imgur.com/XsCuAK7.gif

One month from launch and they can't even make a window disappear.

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (12365 posts) -

If it's anything like Ass Creed, the main problem will be 1/3 of the game is a tutorial and 2/3 are highly linear hand holding missions in which it's nigh on impossible to fail.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (30993 posts) -

At least try to be intelligible.

#4 Posted by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

That is clearly running on the Xbox one. Games running on Xbox One will just be Smoke and Mirror.

#5 Posted by Jacanuk (5562 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Troll be troll eh?

#6 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Finally, some people I can agree with on this game. The game looks boring as hell. Press square to hack - wow! Amazing!

#7 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

If it's anything like Ass Creed, the main problem will be 1/3 of the game is a tutorial and 2/3 are highly linear hand holding missions in which it's nigh on impossible to fail.

Yeah, and another thing, it'll be filled by a whole lot of mundane and repetitive tasks, Ubisoft are masters at padding, putting in some actual work into their games, that must be completed before you can hopefully have some fun (viewpoints in AC, radio towers in FC3).

#8 Posted by nini200 (10404 posts) -

Lol wow I never would have noticed that :lol:

And the Playstation logo at the top :lol: but which console is this really running on though because I thought no PS4 footage has been shown yet?

#9 Edited by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Finally, some people I can agree with on this game. The game looks boring as hell. Press square to hack - wow! Amazing!

Well, you'd have to be a bit foolish to believe Ubisoft would create something like Quadrilateral Cowboy, where hacking is actually cool and complex.

#10 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

I can't defend this game anymore than you can critisize it simply because its not out yet. But from what I can gather, the idea that its "press button to hack" isn't bad because its a decision mechanic, so those should never be complicated. Its more like "do I hack the lights and make a break for it in the Dark or do I hack the (something more direct) and take my chances in a full on firefight. Its about decisions & strategic freedom and if Ubiisoft knows whats good for them, they'l pour all their resources into that, otherwise its over before it even begins.

#11 Edited by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

btw, that's PS4 footage not XB1 footage according to the guys at NeoGAF who posted the vid.

#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28483 posts) -

lol are you really showing footage of a game that hasn't even gone gold?

#13 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5142 posts) -

The window has health regeneration.

#14 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: hehe lol Hope it's glitched

#15 Edited by princeofshapeir (15092 posts) -

The game just looks and feels like Assassin's Creed, which entails an incredibly shallow, noninteractive, generic open world with very little detail. I realize Rockstar had the biggest budget for a game ever with GTA V, but the allure with their open-world games are always the insane attention to detail which lend the environments such atmosphere and immersion.

#16 Edited by Zensword (3885 posts) -

WD looks boring as fvck. Hacking gets old in 15 minutes

#17 Posted by BIOKILLER123 (585 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: I lol'd.

#18 Edited by Suppaman100 (4330 posts) -

Atleast give the game a chance.

Don't expect a GTA game though.

#19 Posted by Promised_Trini (3637 posts) -

That clearly isn't running on XB1 like some fake boys think,there's a big ass PS logo lol.So my guess is PS3 cause I haven't seen any PS4 footage yet.

#20 Posted by sukraj (23870 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

WOTS up bud

#21 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

Oh, that's it! Pre-order cancelled!

/sarcasm

#22 Posted by SteXmaN (489 posts) -

OMG,worst game ever

#23 Edited by Jankarcop (10621 posts) -

This game will be a treat on pc. lol consoles.

#24 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Who f*cking cares?

#25 Posted by Sushiglutton (5493 posts) -
@NameIess_One said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah, and another thing, it'll be filled by a whole lot of mundane and repetitive tasks, Ubisoft are masters at padding, putting in some actual work into their games, that must be completed before you can hopefully have some fun (viewpoints in AC, radio towers in FC3).

Sadly this is true :(. Ubi has a lot of talented people when it comes to all the technical/artistic aspects like graphics, art, music, sound etc etc. When it comes to what you actually do in the games it kind of falls apart.

#26 Edited by John_Matherson (2086 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

ubisoft can go fk themselves along with ea, bungie and microsoft

#27 Posted by silversix_ (15882 posts) -

been saying this for ages. ppl working for Ubi are *********

#28 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Can't wait a month? >_>

#29 Posted by dreamdude (4619 posts) -

I don't know what happened, I used to be super hyped for this game.

#30 Posted by sukraj (23870 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

hey up bud

#31 Posted by sukraj (23870 posts) -

@-RPGamer- said:

Can't wait a month? >_>

I cant wait too.

#32 Posted by kraken2109 (13208 posts) -

Learn to insert image

#33 Edited by Chrome- (1680 posts) -

So I guess everybody hates WD now?

#34 Posted by Lucianu (9557 posts) -

The original post is as shitty as one can get.

Anyway, i don't get this sudden jump on the hate bandwagon, given the attention to detail in the most recent video of the game. It looks like a spiritual succesor to the original Deus Ex, to me, every element taken to the next level.

#35 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74264 posts) -

That's the only issue you have? Could be a glitch for all we know

#36 Posted by AtariKidX (6338 posts) -

It is just a glitch.

#37 Edited by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

I'm not worried about windows. I'm worried about the game having another Ubisoft 5-6 hour tutorial and shallow repetitive missions.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

I'm still looking forward to playing it.

#39 Posted by Jack-Burton (2433 posts) -

Ol' Jack heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

#40 Posted by John_Matherson (2086 posts) -

@Jack-Burton said:

Ol' Jack heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Alright, Rorschach.

#41 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lmaooo

But it looks like a cool game, roaming through the city hacking stuff. :D

#43 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@John_Matherson:

#44 Posted by McStrongfast (4277 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

At least try to be intelligible.

one mont rfhom launchan h dtey acn't eve nmaek a wiodwn disappaer

Is that better?

#45 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17476 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

I fear for the PC version. As all we saw was the very first footage of the game and after that Ubisoft has showed nothing but the console versions...

Ubisoft would never lie to PC gamers, would they ?

#46 Posted by GarGx1 (3215 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Jankarcop said:

I fear for the PC version. As all we saw was the very first footage of the game and after that Ubisoft has showed nothing but the console versions...

Ubisoft would never lie to PC gamers, would they ?

I guess we'll see when it comes out but Ubisoft have likely had some cash from Sony show off PS3/4 versions rather than the PC version.

#47 Posted by Macutchi (4245 posts) -

the fact it's made by ubisoft is the one thing preventing me from getting my hopes up too much for this game, despite how good it looks. ditto the division

#48 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -

I've lost interest in this game due to the fact that I feel like I have seen the entire game already from PR overload.

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (48404 posts) -

damn, that ps4 version is looking awful

#50 Posted by m_machine024 (15130 posts) -

-____- You're real' picky, man.