Was this advert actually about the pc?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59069 Posts

Today, something strange happened. I turned on the tv to watch another emotionally charged episode of Emmerdale and a xbone advert was on. "why the **** is audio from Rocky 6 playing?" I thought to myself.

The video touts"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

As if this is applicable to the Xbox....

My friends, given how Microsoft deliberately attempted to kill pc gaming, along with practically all major gaming media wholly ignoring and declaring the platform "dead" time after time.

Can we agree this quote is actually, applicable to the pc, not the xbox? And that Microsoft, are the ones who have been doing the hitting while PC is a survivor with a heart on fire? And that it ain't over until it's over?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

MS has failed to kill PC gaming.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol Xbox. Make sure every commercial has as many explosions and guns present. Those lems sure love their buzz cut brutes in camoflauge with a nice juicy explosion in the background. They do anything to get their hands on a new fix haha.

I don't think there was a single character that visibly had a buzz cut in that trailer

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

i loled

- - -

@clyde46 said:

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I chock up your threads to unbeknownst insecurity.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol Xbox. Make sure every commercial has as many explosions and guns present. Those lems sure love their buzz cut brutes in camoflauge with a nice juicy explosion in the background. They do anything to get their hands on a new fix haha.

Or it's a commercial where Microsoft is acknowledging "it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't think there was a single character that visibly had a buzz cut in that trailer

Apparently, they love hats, and not buzz cuts. I counted several hats in that trailer. In fact, there was not a single character in the trailer without a hat aside from the Sunset Overdrive douche.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

@R3FURBISHED said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Or it's a commercial where Microsoft is acknowledging "it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

But Microsoft aren't winning.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

horrible

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

I liked it, but if Spencer wants to get rid of the dudebro image, he should probably talk to his marketing team.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

I liked it, but if Spencer wants to get rid of the dudebro image, he should probably talk to his marketing team.

Indeed. Seems they are at odds with each other....

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@clyde46 said:

What are you talking about? PC gaming is already dead according to cosolites.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup

In Rocky 4 the montage contrasts Ivan Drago against Rocky Balboa. While Ivan Drago is a souless husk, a machine, a product using industrial means to elevate him as an athlete, Rocky trains in natures raw surroundings, we see the will of the individual, the heart. Ultimately this is the story of console gaming and pc gaming.

Loading Video...

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Weak commercial.

About your question TC, MS has to sell their consoles, which are expensive to produce. In contrast to "PC", where MS needs to sell their OS only.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@scottpsfan14: no thanks

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@clyde46 said:

They didn't try to kill it, they wanted to control it.

PC gamers kicked them the **** out.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11802 Posts
@clyde46 said:

Must be great to be Gabe Newell right now, worked for a company that declared PC gaming dead then goes off starts his own company based around PC gaming and pretty much rakes in billions.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@clyde46 said:

MS has failed .

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

It's an okay commercial, but it's weird to just hear lines from a movie spliced in.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@clyde46 said:

they did kill it but Valve revived it.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

What a weird advert...

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

I always wondered why MS never released the Halo games beyond 1 and 2 on PC (or made them available on Steam). I realise it is probably one of the only identifiable xbox-exclusive franchises and making it multiplatform probably wouldn't help them.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@commonfate said:

@clyde46 said:

They didn't try to kill it, they wanted to control it.

PC gamers kicked them the **** out.

This, i was one of them doing the kicking :P

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@clyde46 said:

they did kill it but Valve revived it.

how did microsoft kill PC gaming?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

doritos pope reigns supreme

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@wis3boi:

I see you have changed your avatar since our last encounter. Good now I can take you seriously. Was starting to wonder about you...

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9554 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Sounds eerily sexual

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Who had a buzz cut in that commercial? Do you even try to mask it anymore?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clone01

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Shut up lostrib.

Why? Because he caught your bullshit and called you out for the fanboy twat you are?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

listen to this. i am more brainy tahn u clone01. u r a troll and think u r bettah than me. Just stahp bullying me or I'll call the modz and you'll get into trubl.

What did you just type? I don't understand your wacky language.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 uninspiredcup

fukin cheeky cunts.

@wis3boi said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Off Topic: Gamespot has resorted to calling Dorito adverts news.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

listen to this. i am more brainy tahn u clone01. u r a troll and think u r bettah than me. Just stahp bullying me or I'll call the modz and you'll get into trubl.

What did you just type? I don't understand your wacky language.

wot? r u funnin? what du u reckon i am talking abute? I'm talkin bute ur ignorance . you dont know im a fanboy and hav no prufe . so there .

Huh? Can't understand you. Please post in a manner that resembles English. Thanks.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clone01

@uninspiredcup said:

fukin cheeky cunts.

@wis3boi said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Off Topic: Gamespot has resorted to calling Dorito adverts news.

Yeah, that's terrible. You should leave and never come back as a sign of protest.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Why would they want to. They make the OS.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clone01

@scottpsfan14 said:

Translation for my last post:

"Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic? What do you think I was talking about? I'm talking about your ignorance. You don't know I'm a fanboy and have no proof. So there".

I for one can't take my conversations with you seriously because of your cute little doggy avatar. But please, feel free to expose me as the stupid little fanboy twat that I am. So far all you have done is gone out of your way to insult and ridicule me. I never said a thing to you before hand. You need to get the chip off your shoulder.

No chip. You act like a fanboy twat, I'll treat you like one. And its an open forum. Anyone is allowed to say whatever they want at any time within the TOU, there, master shake.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clone01

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

"Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic? What do you think I was talking about? I'm talking about your ignorance. You don't know I'm a fanboy and have no proof. So there".

I for one can't take my conversations with you seriously because of your cute little doggy avatar. But please, feel free to expose me as the stupid little fanboy twat that I am. So far all you have done is gone out of your way to insult and ridicule me. I never said a thing to you before hand. You need to get the chip off your shoulder.

No chip. You act like a fanboy twat, I'll treat you like one. And its an open forum. Anyone is allowed to say whatever they want at any time within the TOU, there, master shake.

I've noticed how you think people are alts all the time lol. Master shake? Who the **** is that? Just like you insist that Jankarcop is an alt. You really don't have a clue do you? You keep talking about contributing to a forum. How do you contribute more so than me? And how do I act like a fanboy twat? Sure, I mess about and preach SDC for the fun of it. But there is no underlying motive. I owned a 360 and PC last gen. And I actually prefer PC as a platform. So you couldn't be more wrong about me. I like PlayStation games the best tho. What's wrong with that? Read my post history. I'm not even a troll.

Yawn...0/10.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I've noticed how you think people are alts all the time lol. Master shake? Who the **** is that? Just like you insist that Jankarcop is an alt. You really don't have a clue do you? You keep talking about contributing to a forum. How do you contribute more so than me? And how do I act like a fanboy twat? Sure, I mess about and preach SDC for the fun of it. But there is no underlying motive. I owned a 360 and PC last gen. And I actually prefer PC as a platform. So you couldn't be more wrong about me. I like PlayStation games the best tho. What's wrong with that? Read my post history. I'm not even a troll.

Yawn...0/10.

So let me see.. You are complaining about me being a troll and you totally disregard my post in that manner? Quite a rude thing to do actually. I don't want flamewars over a gaming forum. You are fueling the feud.

Whats the point of SW then.....

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clone01

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yawn...0/10.

So let me see.. You are complaining about me being a troll and you totally disregard my post in that manner? Quite a rude thing to do actually. I don't want flamewars over a gaming forum. You are fueling the feud.

Okay...sounds good there, shake.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 uninspiredcup

My friends, today I played Fallout and and came to the conclusion none of these games are as good.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it."

They were most likely referring to their fans and how they get made fun of everywhere they go. Basically, stay strong and keep buying our shit even if it's not as good as Sony's shit.

Lems need that positive reinforcement now more than ever.