Was this advert actually about the pc?

• 63 results
#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (10020 posts) -

Today, something strange happened. I turned on the tv to watch another emotionally charged episode of Emmerdale and a xbone advert was on. "why the fuck is audio from Rocky 6 playing?" I thought to myself.

The video touts"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

As if this is applicable to the Xbox....

My friends, given how Microsoft deliberately attempted to kill pc gaming, along with practically all major gaming media wholly ignoring and declaring the platform "dead" time after time.

Can we agree this quote is actually, applicable to the pc, not the xbox? And that Microsoft, are the ones who have been doing the hitting while PC is a survivor with a heart on fire? And that it ain't over until it's over?

#2 Posted by clyde46 (46993 posts) -

MS has failed to kill PC gaming.

#3 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -

Lol Xbox. Make sure every commercial has as many explosions and guns present. Those lems sure love their buzz cut brutes in camoflauge with a nice juicy explosion in the background. They do anything to get their hands on a new fix haha.

#4 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol Xbox. Make sure every commercial has as many explosions and guns present. Those lems sure love their buzz cut brutes in camoflauge with a nice juicy explosion in the background. They do anything to get their hands on a new fix haha.

I don't think there was a single character that visibly had a buzz cut in that trailer

#5 Posted by humanistpotato (533 posts) -

i loled

- - -

@clyde46 said:

#6 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10749 posts) -

I chock up your threads to unbeknownst insecurity.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Or it's a commercial where Microsoft is acknowledging "it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

#7 Posted by parkurtommo (27494 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't think there was a single character that visibly had a buzz cut in that trailer

Apparently, they love hats, and not buzz cuts. I counted several hats in that trailer. In fact, there was not a single character in the trailer without a hat aside from the Sunset Overdrive douche.

#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (10020 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Or it's a commercial where Microsoft is acknowledging "it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

But Microsoft aren't winning.

#9 Posted by jake44 (2036 posts) -

horrible

#10 Posted by wolverine4262 (19938 posts) -

I liked it, but if Spencer wants to get rid of the dudebro image, he should probably talk to his marketing team.

#11 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151863 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

I liked it, but if Spencer wants to get rid of the dudebro image, he should probably talk to his marketing team.

Indeed. Seems they are at odds with each other....

#12 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7527 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

What are you talking about? PC gaming is already dead according to cosolites.

#13 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Shut up lostrib.

#14 Edited by uninspiredcup (10020 posts) -

In Rocky 4 the montage contrasts Ivan Drago against Rocky Balboa. While Ivan Drago is a souless husk, a machine, a product using industrial means to elevate him as an athlete, Rocky trains in natures raw surroundings, we see the will of the individual, the heart. Ultimately this is the story of console gaming and pc gaming.

#15 Posted by IgGy621985 (4855 posts) -

Weak commercial.

About your question TC, MS has to sell their consoles, which are expensive to produce. In contrast to "PC", where MS needs to sell their OS only.

#16 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: no thanks

#17 Posted by commonfate (12584 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

They didn't try to kill it, they wanted to control it.

PC gamers kicked them the fuck out.

#18 Posted by NoodleFighter (7170 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

Must be great to be Gabe Newell right now, worked for a company that declared PC gaming dead then goes off starts his own company based around PC gaming and pretty much rakes in billions.

#19 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

MS has failed .

#20 Edited by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

It's an okay commercial, but it's weird to just hear lines from a movie spliced in.

#21 Edited by Gue1 (10669 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

they did kill it but Valve revived it.

#22 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

What a weird advert...

#23 Posted by EJ902 (14398 posts) -

I always wondered why MS never released the Halo games beyond 1 and 2 on PC (or made them available on Steam). I realise it is probably one of the only identifiable xbox-exclusive franchises and making it multiplatform probably wouldn't help them.

#24 Edited by naz99 (1631 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@clyde46 said:

They didn't try to kill it, they wanted to control it.

PC gamers kicked them the fuck out.

This, i was one of them doing the kicking :P

#25 Posted by lawlessx (46936 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@clyde46 said:

they did kill it but Valve revived it.

how did microsoft kill PC gaming?

#26 Posted by wis3boi (31696 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

doritos pope reigns supreme

#27 Posted by highking_kallor (535 posts) -

@wis3boi:

I see you have changed your avatar since our last encounter. Good now I can take you seriously. Was starting to wonder about you...

#28 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6382 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Sounds eerily sexual

#29 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Who had a buzz cut in that commercial? Do you even try to mask it anymore?

#30 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Shut up lostrib.

Why? Because he caught your bullshit and called you out for the fanboy twat you are?

#31 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

listen to this. i am more brainy tahn u clone01. u r a troll and think u r bettah than me. Just stahp bullying me or I'll call the modz and you'll get into trubl.

#32 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

listen to this. i am more brainy tahn u clone01. u r a troll and think u r bettah than me. Just stahp bullying me or I'll call the modz and you'll get into trubl.

What did you just type? I don't understand your wacky language.

#33 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

wot? r u funnin? what du u reckon i am talking abute? I'm talkin bute ur ignorance . you dont know im a fanboy and hav no prufe . so there .

#34 Posted by uninspiredcup (10020 posts) -

fukin cheeky cunts.

@wis3boi said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Off Topic: Gamespot has resorted to calling Dorito adverts news.

#35 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

wot? r u funnin? what du u reckon i am talking abute? I'm talkin bute ur ignorance . you dont know im a fanboy and hav no prufe . so there .

Huh? Can't understand you. Please post in a manner that resembles English. Thanks.

#36 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Huh? Can't understand you. Please post in a manner that resembles English. Thanks.

Translation for my last post:

"Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic? What do you think I was talking about? I'm talking about your ignorance. You don't know I'm a fanboy and have no proof. So there".

I for one can't take my conversations with you seriously because of your cute little doggy avatar. But please, feel free to expose me as the stupid little fanboy twat that I am. So far all you have done is gone out of your way to insult and ridicule me. I never said a thing to you before hand. You need to get the chip off your shoulder.

#37 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

fukin cheeky cunts.

@wis3boi said:

@wolverine4262 said:

Off Topic: Gamespot has resorted to calling Dorito adverts news.

Yeah, that's terrible. You should leave and never come back as a sign of protest.

#38 Posted by pyro1245 (1003 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Why would they want to. They make the OS.

#39 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

"Excuse me? Are you being sarcastic? What do you think I was talking about? I'm talking about your ignorance. You don't know I'm a fanboy and have no proof. So there".

I for one can't take my conversations with you seriously because of your cute little doggy avatar. But please, feel free to expose me as the stupid little fanboy twat that I am. So far all you have done is gone out of your way to insult and ridicule me. I never said a thing to you before hand. You need to get the chip off your shoulder.

No chip. You act like a fanboy twat, I'll treat you like one. And its an open forum. Anyone is allowed to say whatever they want at any time within the TOU, there, master shake.

#40 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

No chip. You act like a fanboy twat, I'll treat you like one. And its an open forum. Anyone is allowed to say whatever they want at any time within the TOU, there, master shake.

I've noticed how you think people are alts all the time lol. Master shake? Who the fuck is that? Just like you insist that Jankarcop is an alt. You really don't have a clue do you? You keep talking about contributing to a forum. How do you contribute more so than me? And how do I act like a fanboy twat? Sure, I mess about and preach SDC for the fun of it. But there is no underlying motive. I owned a 360 and PC last gen. And I actually prefer PC as a platform. So you couldn't be more wrong about me. I like PlayStation games the best tho. What's wrong with that? Read my post history. I'm not even a troll.

#41 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I've noticed how you think people are alts all the time lol. Master shake? Who the fuck is that? Just like you insist that Jankarcop is an alt. You really don't have a clue do you? You keep talking about contributing to a forum. How do you contribute more so than me? And how do I act like a fanboy twat? Sure, I mess about and preach SDC for the fun of it. But there is no underlying motive. I owned a 360 and PC last gen. And I actually prefer PC as a platform. So you couldn't be more wrong about me. I like PlayStation games the best tho. What's wrong with that? Read my post history. I'm not even a troll.

Yawn...0/10.

#42 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yawn...0/10.

So let me see.. You are complaining about me being a troll and you totally disregard my post in that manner? Quite a rude thing to do actually. I don't want flamewars over a gaming forum. You are fueling the feud.

#43 Edited by clyde46 (46993 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yawn...0/10.

So let me see.. You are complaining about me being a troll and you totally disregard my post in that manner? Quite a rude thing to do actually. I don't want flamewars over a gaming forum. You are fueling the feud.

Whats the point of SW then.....

#44 Posted by clone01 (25041 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yawn...0/10.

Okay...sounds good there, shake.

#47 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yawn...0/10.

Whats the point of SW then.....

True, but I'd rather have an argument over something interesting than wether i'm a troll or not. I'm not even allowed to joke on here or people think I'm a troll. Must be the way I word some things I guess.

#48 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6118 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Okay...sounds good there, shake.

I say we should just stahp the bullshit. Sorry if you got annoyed with my trolling where ever I did that. Turn over a new leaf and move on. To the next plane. Where Jesus reigns.

#49 Posted by uninspiredcup (10020 posts) -

My friends, today I played Fallout and and came to the conclusion none of these games are as good.

#50 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it."

They were most likely referring to their fans and how they get made fun of everywhere they go. Basically, stay strong and keep buying our shit even if it's not as good as Sony's shit.

Lems need that positive reinforcement now more than ever.