WAITstation 3

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Zero-G_basic
Member since 2002 • 1879 Posts
[QUOTE="piano_pimp"][QUOTE="fixer293"]

All I hear is...

"the PS3 launch crushed 360"

Lets analyze this,

It is like a boxing match, each fighter makes his way to the ring, both looking fantastically in shape. PS3 is one boxer, 360 the other. After the bell rings 360 beats the holy hell out of PS3 for 4 rounds.When PS3 is asked by his corner man "what the hell is going on out there?" do you think a good answer from a battered PS3 is "well I looked good coming out to the ring."

No it isn't.

fixer293

that was a really crappy analogy.....consoles are not boxers

But its still the truth, What happens if 360 wins? What is sony going to say?

"well,we looked good at launch....."

A good Launch sure as hell didn't help Sega :lol:
insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts
    The xbox1.5 has been out for 1 year and it only has 1 blockbuster game (geow) and xflop gamers have to wait another year after geow to get another overrated blockbuster shooting game (halo 2.5). PLaystation fans do have to wait for games, at least theres much better selection in different genres other than just shooting games.!!
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 SkateGame
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
The xbox1.5 has been out for 1 year and it only has 1 blockbuster game (geow) and xflop gamers have to wait another year after geow to get another overrated blockbuster shooting game (halo 2.5). PLaystation fans do have to wait for games, at least theres much better selection in different genres other than just shooting games.!!insomnia37
I hate to tell you, but the fanbase for geow and halo is a lot more than the MGS fanbase. Sadly enough, MGS is the better series, but if Blu Ray doesn't crush HD DVD the PS3 won't win. That's why there's something called the Wii. It's already sold half the number of 360s and it's only been out for 3 months. When there's a constant supply for the system, expect it to be the DS of consoles. Both the 360 and PS3 fail just because they want to be pretty. It's gameplay retards...
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

The xbox1.5 has been out for 1 year and it only has 1 blockbuster game (geow) and xflop gamers have to wait another year after geow to get another overrated blockbuster shooting game (halo 2.5). PLaystation fans do have to wait for games, at least theres much better selection in different genres other than just shooting games.!!insomnia37

Yeah, Becuase Geow is definatly the only game that is good, And oblivion,Deadrising, R6 Vegas,Forza, Lost planet, Virtua fighter 5, assasins creed, and all of the many good sports games suck.Sure.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Man i find it funny how Lemming acually think M$ is doing well ...

Xbox 360
 10.4 million in 12 months (December 06) -- that is EXCELLENT
 12 million in 18 months (June 07) -- that is bad ...

Wii
   selling extremly well ...
  6 -7 million as of March 07 ... -- that is Incredably good, if it continues Wii could be matching 360 within 12 months ..

PS3
 1.84 million after 6 weeks -- not bad , could - shoulda been better
 6 million as of March 07 -- keeping up with the Wii gaining on the 360 ... PS3 is still in this race...

mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts
[QUOTE="dbzfreak"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"][QUOTE="dbzfreak"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?

I'm sick of lemmings clogging up the boards and bashing Sony to no end. Seems to be the thing to do as of late. *sigh*

Lemming? I own a GC, DS, PS2, and PSP. Yep, im a lemming alright.

Who said I was refering to you? ;)

You quoted him :|
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
Man i find it funny how Lemming acually think M$ is doing well ...

Xbox 360
 10.4 million in 12 months (December 06) -- that is EXCELLENT
 12 million in 18 months (June 07) -- that is bad ...

Wii
   selling extremly well ...
  6 -7 million as of March 07 ... -- that is Incredably good, if it continues Wii could be matching 360 within 12 months ..

PS3
 1.84 million after 6 weeks -- not bad , could - shoulda been better
 6 million as of March 07 -- keeping up with the Wii gaining on the 360 ... PS3 is still in this race...

choasgod
PS3 has yet to sell 2 million units. So in another month it will move 4 million units more? Where are you coming up with these numbers? This is the 'official' sales site of Gamespot btw...
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
PS3- PLAY LAT3RHuff
lmao :lol:
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. fixer293

Uh, 360 is outselling PS3.

umh 360 has a year DENIAL! accepted.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.Zero-G_basic

hate to break it to you, but sony is no longer the market leader...

MS is...;)

Hate to break it to you, PS2 still outsells the 360, so NO MS isnt the market leader. Sheesh...

You know the PS2 isn't next -Gen right? We are talking THIS gen not Last gen try to keep up.

Yeah, if you read my original post, I know 360 is the leader in THIS gen but Sony is the INDUSTRIES leader. tango is trying to say MS is the market leader in the video game industry, and the only thing that is farther from the truth than that is that Sega is second. Lemmings need to realize that your lead is really scarce considering how much a lead you guys have had with no competition. Nintendo is about to pass you by mid year, and PS3 probably around Christmas 07.
Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zero-G_basic
[QUOTE="Zero-G_basic"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.Dilrod

hate to break it to you, but sony is no longer the market leader...

MS is...;)

Hate to break it to you, PS2 still outsells the 360, so NO MS isnt the market leader. Sheesh...

You know the PS2 isn't next -Gen right? We are talking THIS gen not Last gen try to keep up.

Yeah, if you read my original post, I know 360 is the leader in THIS gen but Sony is the INDUSTRIES leader. tango is trying to say MS is the market leader in the video game industry, and the only thing that is farther from the truth than that is that Sega is second. Lemmings need to realize that your lead is really scarce considering how much a lead you guys have had with no competition. Nintendo is about to pass you by mid year, and PS3 probably around Christmas 07.

Wii has a shot but if you think Sony will somehow boost past easy you got another thing coming.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dilrod

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.jaysin1414

Next time when you do a sales survey at 10 different stores....remember that grocery stores don't count. For future reference, the PS3s would be in the dairy section though. Mooooooooooo

Yeah, because 3 gamestops, a best buy, 2 circuit cities, 2 wal marts, target (where I work) and our other store 20 miles from us are Grocery stores. Quit trying to make teh funnay post because you fail.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. ZeLeam
Hmmm....360 launch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS3 launch in quality....
nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

the PSP stole 1/3 of the handheld market from nintendo i don't know why your talking about but PSP was a successpminooei

show me evidence of this. As far as I know, psp stole 1/10 of the handheld market from nintendo.

gunnz4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gunnz4hire
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts
PSWait&See
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dilrod

[QUOTE="pminooei"]the PSP stole 1/3 of the handheld market from nintendo i don't know why your talking about but PSP was a successnsoufiani

show me evidence of this. As far as I know, psp stole 1/10 of the handheld market from nintendo.

DS has sold aprox. 35 million worldwide. PSP aprox 20 million. PSP is hardly a failure.
jackassultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jackassultima
Member since 2005 • 1048 Posts

Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?Carmilla31
I see what you did there with your massive IQ you managed to combine two words into a joke of EPIC preportion.

In other news, there are more threads like the one that you've just created than the threads that you are annoyed about.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
[QUOTE="casey7672"]If you can remember? It took the 360 several months past launch to start getting games too. Carmilla31
But the 360 still sold out at launch with no games. The Wii is STILL selling out with barely any games. The PS3 is NOT selling out. Its been 4 months of mediocre sales for the PS3. What is going to drastically change in the next 8 months to make the PS3 worth it? Nothing imo. 8 months from now people will be saying 'just wait for another year.'

No answer yet. It seems '1 year' is the cutoff for when a console tanks or not. So again, whats coming out in the next 8 months that will move Sony from a distant third to #2 or #1?
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#70 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. fixer293

PS3 sold more units during its launch period than 360 did when it came out. I dont think that was hard to understand
hoagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hoagey
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. -L-U-I-S-

PS3 sold more units during its launch period than 360 did when it came out. I dont think that was hard to understand

but the 360 remained sold out for many months to come...
Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Zero-G_basic
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

Yet Xbox360 out sold the ps3 during the holiday season and it's still in the lead.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#73 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. palaric8

umh 360 has a year DENIAL! accepted.

Denial Denied

Im not the one who can't deal with the fact that PS3 is last.

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#74 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

Dude, the launch is over, Now 360 is outselling it.

Deal With It.

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="dbzfreak"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"][QUOTE="dbzfreak"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?

I'm sick of lemmings clogging up the boards and bashing Sony to no end. Seems to be the thing to do as of late. *sigh*

Lemming? I own a GC, DS, PS2, and PSP. Yep, im a lemming alright.

Who said I was refering to you? ;)

You quoted him :|

Merely to make a point that he's sick of one thing and I'm sick of another. Doesn't mean I'm directly refering to him when I say lemmings. There is a difference.