Wait, the new falcon chip doesn't prevent RROD?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Its still at 16%. Nothing changed.dhjohns

Link?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166259

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15814/Report-Confirms-Rumored-Xbox-360-Failure-Rate-16/
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]in english we have things called tenses ;)flazzle

If you are going to use an Idiom, use it exactly. Otherwise its prone to other interpretations or literal ones.

And just admit it: you are a 360 fanboy. Are you not? Or do you refuse to answer the question?

I am not a 360 fanboy. Feel free to look over my posts, feel free to ask the people in my friend list who are cows. If anything I'm a PC fanboy. You jumped to conclusions.

Oh and "lost the plot" is a perfectly fine usage.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="flazzle"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]in english we have things called tenses ;)blue_hazy_basic

If you are going to use an Idiom, use it exactly. Otherwise its prone to other interpretations or literal ones.

And just admit it: you are a 360 fanboy. Are you not? Or do you refuse to answer the question?

I am not a 360 fanboy. Feel free to look over my posts, feel free to ask the people in my friend list who are cows. If anything I'm a PC fanboy. You jumped to conclusions.

If you read the following sentence, what does it imply?

"I'm a firm PS3 and PC fan." Get your answer before you read on.

Because after reading your very own blog, you have this line at the bottom:

"Now I'm a firm 360 and PC fan"

Hmmm...not a 'fan'??????

Or are you a PC fanboy and not a 360 fanboy because PC is closer to the word 'fan'? ;)

HA!

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="flazzle"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]in english we have things called tenses ;)flazzle

If you read the following sentence, what does it imply?

"I'm a firm PS3 and PC fan." Get your answer before you read on.

Because after reading your very own blog, you have this line at the bottom:

"Now I'm a firm 360 and PC fan"

Hmmm...not a 'fan'??????

Or are you a PC fanboy and not a 360 fanboy because PC is closer to the word 'fan'? ;)

HA!

Did you really read that? 1) It was written in feb of 07. 2) It describes how I grew up gaming on the PC and hating consoles 3) That some of the games on the 360 had begun to change my mind. "I have to say I always looked down on consoles." "Now I'm a firm 360 and PC fan (and just you wait Wii, when I see one I'm getting you too!). I still have some of the old bias. When I see people talking about great RPG's and then listing 4 final fantasy games it still gets my goat. Or talking about an "in depth game" that lasts 20 hrs. But I'm getting there, albeit one game at a time!" 4) that since writing that I've also picked up a Wii (I have a PSP too incidentally).

That blog was written over a year ago by a PC gamer who was giving console games a chance at last.

McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 McCool69
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

So i did some reading, and apprently it merely reduces the failure rate?

jhcho2

What planet are you living on?

No piece of electronic equipment in the human history has ever been 100% flawless. In a batch of 100 DVD-players there will be failures. In a batch of 100 PS3 there will be failures. In a batch of 100 Wii's there will be failures. In a batch of 100 mobile phones there will be failures.... And so on.

Of course the change to a new chip won't make the 360 some magic machine that suddenly avoids having failures at all.

Doh.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 flazzle
Did you really read that? 1) It was written in feb of 07. 2) It describes how I grew up gaming on the PC and hating consoles 3) That some of the games on the 360 had begun to change my mind. "I have to say I always looked down on consoles." "Now I'm a firm 360 and PC fan (and just you wait Wii, when I see one I'm getting you too!). I still have some of the old bias. When I see people talking about great RPG's and then listing 4 final fantasy games it still gets my goat. Or talking about an "in depth game" that lasts 20 hrs. But I'm getting there, albeit one game at a time!" 4) that since writing that I've also picked up a Wii (I have a PSP too incidentally).

That blog was written over a year ago by a PC gamer who was giving console games a chance at last.

EDIT its a shame as with all of your posts that you can't keep things in context or deliberately misrepresent them

blue_hazy_basic

Yes. I REALLY read that.

On YOUR blog.

At THIS link: Link to ownage

So what if it was written a year ago. That fact that it describes how you grew up on gaming is irrelevant. The claim that you are no long a FIRM 360 fan because it's an OLD BIAS is pretty convenient, don't you think? And the fact you now have a Wii is irrelevant.

EDIT its a shame with all your posts and claims that you can't keep your blog up to date (Suggestion: "I am no longer a firm 360 fan!") (and boy, was FIRM the wrong word!)

And I am not deliberately misrepresenting anything. You, Sir, are misrepresenting YOURSELF (yes. your VERY self!) by having a concrete claim and statement about what you are fan about, and then embarrassingly DENYING your VERY WORDS! Hah! ;)

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Yes. I REALLY read that.

On YOUR blog.

At THIS link: Link to ownage

So what if it was written a year ago. That fact that it describes how you grew up on gaming is irrelevant. The claim that you are no long a FIRM 360 fan because it's an OLD BIAS is pretty convenient, don't you think? And the fact you now have a Wii is irrelevant.

EDIT its a shame with all your posts and claims that you can't keep your blog up to date (Suggestion: "I am no longer a firm 360 fan!") (and boy, was FIRM the wrong word!)

And I am not deliberately misrepresenting anything. You, Sir, are misrepresenting YOURSELF (yes. your VERY self!) by having a concrete claim and statement about what you are fan about, and then embarrassingly DENYING your VERY WORDS! Hah! ;)

flazzle

I'm not hiding anything, in fact I'll print it in full

Why I have a 360/PC

Unlike most of the people on these boards I've been gaming for a long long time .... remember the BBC, the Vic 20, the sinclar 64? Probably not! I progressed on to the C64, the megadrive (which excluding a couple of games was rather w*nk, Star Command, Streets of Rage and Herzog Zwei FTW!), Amiga, the PC, briefly a Mac (urgh never ever again) and back to the PC.

I have to say I always looked down on consoles. The games I played with people who owned consoles were simply awful (Mario Kart and Sensi Socccer (tho this was out on the amiga too but in college we had a blast with it on the SNES I think it was) 2 big exceptions here). Shallow boring repetitive. I remember showing people civilisation, championship manager, Sim city and they'd be blown away.

Having grown up playing the Bards Tale and the Pool of Radience series and then progressing on to great game like Bladerunner, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Planetscape Torment, I was absolutely horrified by "RPG's" like FF. How was this an RPG I asked??? My friend who played FF asked what an RPG was, and I retreated into my console hatred even further.

Sure the PS was good for the odd sports game but that was it. None of the games interested me. Then came the Xbox. Halo, in a word cl*ss Single player was awesome. I'd played shooters on my PC and some were great (Doom, Quake 1/2, UT, Aliens vs Pred) but hardly ever played any multi player. All of a sudden we could have 4 of us playing, we could co op the single campaign. 3 of my friends got xboxes and we were having giant halo tournaments every couple of weeks.

Mature RPG's like Morrowind and KOTOR came out. One of my flat mates who hated computer games became a Morrowind addict. Finally a console that catered to a more PC oriented (and certainly hardcore) audience!

Then I moved to the States (from N Ireland), got married and xbox live became a link back home to my mates back there. Halo 2 nights became a regular with 10-12 of us messing around. Don't get me wrong I still loved my PC. None of these games replaced the strategy games like Civ or total war or Championship (now football) manager but the xbox and its titles had won me over.

Now I'm a firm 360 and PC fan (and just you wait Wii, when I see one I'm getting you too!). I still have some of the old bias. When I see people talking about great RPG's and then listing 4 final fantasy games it still gets my goat. Or talking about an "in depth game" that lasts 20 hrs. But I'm getting there, albeit one game at a time!

EDIT and now, as of May 25th 2007 a Wii!!!

It would be like me looking at your blog and seeing a picture of an RRODing 360 and calling you a PS fanboy ;)

If you can't see from that blog what I'm talking about I don't know what to say. It couldn't be any clearer that I'm primarily a PC gamer and that you are being dishonest.

All I hear from you is MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATE MS MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pandemonium876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Pandemonium876
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]The only people who claimed the RRoD would go away with this were lemmings trying to convince themselves.EuroMafia
Lol, I bought my 360 well aware about the RROD problems.

your loss....

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 flazzle

I'm not hiding anything, in fact I'll print it in full

[blah blah blah]

It would be like me looking at your blog and seeing a picture of an RRODing 360 and calling you a PS fanboy ;)

No. If I had the statement "I'm a firm 360 and PC fan" and you called me PS3 fanboy, you might have a point at someone coming to the wrong conclusion.

But if I had the term "I'm a firm PS3 and PC fan' and you called me a PS3 fanboy, no one would argue your conclusion.

If you can't see from that blog what I'm talking about I don't know what to say. It couldn't be any clearer that I'm primarily a PC gamer and that you are bing dishonest.

blue_hazy_basic

If I had in my blog "I'm a firm PS3 and PC fan." and people called me a PS3 fanboy, could you not understand why they would draw that conclusion? You are a FAN of the 360. That is what being a FANboy is. Nothing more complicated than that and nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe you can prove me wrong by posting the definition of FAN from that website and hide behind that distraction.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#60 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

seriously the RROD doesn't happen nearly as much in real life as it does in system wars. :(crunchUK

well im a victim of both the red ring of death and the system failure e-74 in diffrent languges...

i pray to god my 360 lasts another year without problems

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] I'm not hiding anything, in fact I'll print it in full

[blah blah blah]

No. If I had the statement "I'm a firm 360 and PC fan" and you called me PS3 fanboy, you might have a point at someone coming to the wrong conclusion.

But if I had the term "I'm a firm PS3 and PC fan' and you called me a PS3 fanboy, no one would argue your conclusion.

If you can't see from that blog what I'm talking about I don't know what to say. It couldn't be any clearer that I'm primarily a PC gamer and that you are bing dishonest.

flazzle

If I had in my blog "I'm a firm PS3 and PC fan." and people called me a PS3 fanboy, could you not understand why they would draw that conclusion? You are a FAN of the 360. That is what being a FANboy is. Nothing more complicated than that and nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe you can prove me wrong by posting the definition of FAN from that website and hide behind that distraction.

LOL the funniest thing about all this is you talking about getting fixed on a word and changing the argument. PLease see you last 5 posts. Look kid if you want to call me a 360 fanboy go ahead, I'm done arguing with you. I'm not, if you want to use that as the reasoning for what I said thats fine, its obvious that you don't want to listen to reason (a typical fanboy trait BTW). Tell you what I'll agree with you if it'll make you happy, MS are monsters for the RROD, they trickedall the dumb 360 buyers into buying a piece of crap deliberately. They are also responsible for world hunger, AIDS and the holocaust. And so am I. There happy now?

I said good day

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
i went through one 360 and one ps3. you dont see me crying about it! I have a friend that had to send both back also.
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts
I still dont get the amount of defense M$ is getting for this issue. Im sure alot of it is fanboy support but how can you see what MS is doing as the "right move". These chips barley scratch the surface of the problem...oh and the 3 year warrenty is supposed to help? Heads up guys you're on the 3rd year...what are you going to when the warrenty expires, fork over the money for a new 360 cause you 6th just died? Im sorry but its just plain rediculous. Another thing I like to add, to the people who bought the 360 and new of its failure rate WAY TO ENCOURGE CONSOLE MAKERS TO GIVE YOU HALF A$$'d PRODUCTS! Whats to stop them from pulling this on you next gen? Instead of glorifying there "attempts" to solve the problem, we should tell them to FIX the thing or we arent buying that way we dont run into this problem in the future.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 flazzle

i went through one 360 and one ps3. you dont see me crying about it! I have a friend that had to send both back also.qbell

i sent back my Wii already and my DS Lite twice. It can be expected sometimes. It wasn't a bad experience.

For my next system, I'd still rather get a 360 than a PS3. I think the 360 library is that much stronger. However, I will wait until Jasper just to be sure.

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
It is almost impossible to completely fix RROD. No electronic device is immune to failure, hopefully MS will bring the failure rate to something under 5%.
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

It is almost impossible to completely fix RROD. No electronic device is immune to failure, hopefully MS will bring the failure rate to something under 5%.JakeTD21

Thats fixing RROD...of course no hardware is 100% immune BUT there is no need for a system to have 16%(accourding to MS) failure rate...Thats unexceptable

Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 Rhys555
Member since 2005 • 2156 Posts
Theres goes my purchase. I'll just have to buy gears 2 on PC.
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

I was under the impression that the new falcon board is a solution to the RROD, until the guy at the store which i patronize claims that the RROD still occurs for the falcon units. So i did some reading, and apprently it merely reduces the failure rate?

So let me get this straight, Microsoft went out of the way to restructure their motherboard, announce it's release, only to reduce the failure rate from 16% (true or not?) to 10%? !0% is still freaking high, and i'm sure that figure is after damage control by Microsoft. The true figures could have been 40% to 30%.

Yah sure, they have a 3 year warranty, but warranty isn't a fix, it's merely an assurance. Imagine a doctor prescribing medicine to you, but tells you he is not sure if it is the right medicine for you, and if it isn't, go back to him to try a different medicine and it will be free of charge. That's a quack doctor. And so is Microsoft.

jhcho2

You make some valid points, but that was a horrible analogy.

anselmoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 anselmoso
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

The ps3 isn't necessarily made out of higher quality parts. It's about design, expertise and time spent on testing. Microsoft basically rushed out their product to get a head start. The ps3 is expensive because of the bluray drive, hard disk, wifi, and HDMI outputs which the 360 standard package has none of. If you look at it logically, the 360 consists of simpler components, things that are tried and true, unlike the 'very uncommercial' bluray drive which just entered the beginning of it's life cycle. The 360 has less reason to break down, and yet it does.

jhcho2

Well I had a PS3 here for some weeks and compared it directly to the XBOX and in my opinion everything(!) about the PS3 feels of superior build-quality. The cables, the connectors and their layout on the back, the housing, the drive (which is much more silent than that of the XBOX - just everything.On the other hand, you have certain disadvantages with the PS3 regarding the costs and games.

So in the end you always learn: There's nothing perfect out there. Just make the best out of what you have / can get for your money and use your time wisely.