Wait, the new falcon chip doesn't prevent RROD?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

I was under the impression that the new falcon board is a solution to the RROD, until the guy at the store which i patronize claims that the RROD still occurs for the falcon units. So i did some reading, and apprently it merely reduces the failure rate?

So let me get this straight, Microsoft went out of the way to restructure their motherboard, announce it's release, only to reduce the failure rate from 16% (true or not?) to 10%? !0% is still freaking high, and i'm sure that figure is after damage control by Microsoft. The true figures could have been 40% to 30%.

Yah sure, they have a 3 year warranty, but warranty isn't a fix, it's merely an assurance. Imagine a doctor prescribing medicine to you, but tells you he is not sure if it is the right medicine for you, and if it isn't, go back to him to try a different medicine and it will be free of charge. That's a quack doctor. And so is Microsoft.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts
The only people who claimed the RRoD would go away with this were lemmings trying to convince themselves.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
The only people who claimed the RRoD would go away with this were lemmings trying to convince themselves.Chutebox
Lol, I bought my 360 well aware about the RROD problems.
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
I think Jasper will come close to completely eliminating RROD but the Falcon doesn't.
anselmoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anselmoso
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

Yah sure, they have a 3 year warranty, but warranty isn't a fix, it's merely an assurance. Imagine a doctor prescribing medicine to you, but tells you he is not sure if it is the right medicine for you, and if it isn't, go back to him to try a different medicine and it will be free of charge. That's a quack doctor. And so is Microsoft.

jhcho2

With the difference that a wrong medicine could seriously hurt you while the XBOX will be away for 2 weeks for repairing. The RROD is bad, but with the extended guarantee and the small price you really can't complain. The PS3 is also more expensive because its integrated parts are of higher quality.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]The only people who claimed the RRoD would go away with this were lemmings trying to convince themselves.EuroMafia

Yea, I did too lol. I don't play it that much so hopefully it won't be a problem for me.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts
[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

anselmoso

With the difference that a wrong medicine could seriously hurt you while the XBOX will be away for 2 weeks for repairing. The RROD is bad, but with the extended guarantee and the small price you really can't complain. The PS3 is also more expensive because its integrated parts are of higher quality.

Well 2 things:

1. Having a $300 product crap out often despite having a warranty gives me every right to complain, and i even should.

2. The ps3 isn't necessarily made out of higher quality parts. It's about design, expertise and time spent on testing. Microsoft basically rushed out their product to get a head start. The ps3 is expensive because of the bluray drive, hard disk, wifi, and HDMI outputs which the 360 standard package has none of. If you look at it logically, the 360 consists of simpler components, things that are tried and true, unlike the 'very uncommercial' bluray drive which just entered the beginning of it's life cycle. The 360 has less reason to break down, and yet it does.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]The only people who claimed the RRoD would go away with this were lemmings trying to convince themselves.EuroMafia

not me but i was pissed when i found out they should tell u

GameStop employee

"Oh yea there is like a 30% chance this this will brake" im not sure i would have bought it if i knew though im glad i did

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I think anyone buying a 360 should keep in mind that the console has a huge chance it will RROD... its useless to complain afterwards or posting in forums... personally it was the main reason i did not get an Xbox360, I still think its a great console just prefare the PS3 with its much more reliable hardware...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
seriously the RROD doesn't happen nearly as much in real life as it does in system wars. :(
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts

The flacon chip probably just lowered the likelyhood of getting RROD, and the Jasper chip will probably lower it more, but RROD will always be a possibility. All consoles can have hardware problems, the 360 just has them more than the competition.

Avatar image for Warped_Creation
Warped_Creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Warped_Creation
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts

The flacon chip probably just lowered the likelyhood of getting RROD, and the Jasper chip will probably lower it more, but RROD will always be a possibility. All consoles can have hardware problems, the 360 just has them more than the competition.

ONLYDOD
its not just. its excusively. say what you like. when a console has a 33% failure rate something is wrong. and not only that but m$ for the first two years charged $200 to fix it.(in aus)
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="EuroMafia"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]The only people who claimed the RRoD would go away with this were lemmings trying to convince themselves.murat8

not me but i was pissed when i found out they should tell u

GameStop employee

"Oh yea there is like a 30% chance this this will brake" im not sure i would have bought it if i knew though im glad i did

and that would have been another misinformed gamestop employee was wrong and who probably read internet messageboard rumours and misinterpreted them as fact! :P
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

ONLYDOD

^^^ this

lets just hope that MS have learned their bloody lesson and will make a reliable bloody console next gen!

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
Well I can say they did something right with the elite because I have yet to have one issue with it, its hasn't froze or rrod. With my premium I did see some frequent freeze ups and about a month later after selling it to someone they got the rrod.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts
as long as the dvd drive is sitting on top of the GPU, there will always be RrOD. the GPU has a short, though wide, heatsink but cannot breathe or get cool air because of the dvd drive, not to mention the fact that the dvd drive itself gives off heat.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
even if it was fixed, I doubt I'd get one since it's still expensive (the one I think is a fair deal, anyway) and there aren't that many games I want that I can't get from elsewhere (Mass Effect was one of the few games that might have made me buy a 360, for instance).
Avatar image for OsgoodSchlatter
OsgoodSchlatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OsgoodSchlatter
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I think Jasper will come close to completely eliminating RROD but the Falcon doesn't.Nintendo_Man

People have been claiming this since launch.

Once the fix the fans, the RROD will be gone.

Once Falcon is out, the RROD will be gone.

Once the Elite is out, the RROD will be gone.

Once the Zephyr is out, the RROD will be gone.

And now the Jasper?

This is a systemic issue that cannot be blamed on one chip or one cooling component. Looks like 360 fans will have to roll the dice until the next console. (That's not to say the RROD affects all machines. And hey, at least MS offered a nice 3 year warranty to cover it)

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Its the Japser that will solve the RROD problems, not the falcon. All the falcon done was introduce a smaller CPU. The Japser will have a small GPU as well as a smaller GPU
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I was under the impression that the new falcon board is a solution to the RROD, until the guy at the store which i patronize claims that the RROD still occurs for the falcon units. So i did some reading, and apprently it merely reduces the failure rate?

So let me get this straight, Microsoft went out of the way to restructure their motherboard, announce it's release, only to reduce the failure rate from 16% (true or not?) to 10%? !0% is still freaking high, and i'm sure that figure is after damage control by Microsoft. The true figures could have been 40% to 30%.

jhcho2

Why would you think that Falcon would fix RROD? Seriously? All the Xbox fanboys thought this, and yet MS not ONCE made any such claim. In fact, if one single lemming bothered to do even the quickest of google searches, you can find actual MS quotes before falcon even came out saying that the graphics chip (which causes the RROD) wouldn't be replaced until AUgust 2008 at the earliest.

Yet time and time again, lemming after lemming continues to believe without reason that falcon would (or did) end RROD. And yet they constantly call cows brainwashed.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

anselmoso

Well, you might have a point if you think its tolerable a well established system still breaks and will be gone for 2 weeks, but its not like once it happens once its good to go for a long time. Its not like once it gets fixed it won't happen again, because obviously they don't have a real solution because they would just apply it to the current machines.

The reason it HAS an extended warranty is because it NEEDS it. I can't believe they can't get it right yet. There is really no excuse.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="anselmoso"][QUOTE="jhcho2"]

flazzle

Well, you might have a point if you think its tolerable a well established system still breaks and will be gone for 2 weeks, but its not like once it happens once its good to go for a long time. Its not like once it gets fixed it won't happen again, because obviously they don't have a real solution because they would just apply it to the current machines.

The reason it HAS an extended warranty is because it NEEDS it. I can't believe they can't get it right yet. There is really no excuse.

Yes there is, the whole 360 would need to be redesigned. What they can do is reduce it happenning.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xscrapzx
I just don't understand why people can't move on and just accept it, whether it be PS3 fanboys, 360 fanboys, or PC fanboys. Unfortunately this is something as a 360 owner I have to live with in case it happens to me. Why people continue to make threads on why isn't it fixed or why MS hasn't done more, its the same garbage all the time. There is indeed an issue they are aware of it, they are trying their best to fix it and they took a billion dollar hit because of it. Some you of in here think that this is something that can be fixed overnight, some of you believe that they are slacking and they aren't doing anything about it. The bottom line is do you think they want to lose money? Do you think they want to be repairing consoles? The answer is no. My whole point is it is time to move on folks, we all know this is an issue and its like beating a dead horse.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 flazzle
[QUOTE="flazzle"]

blue_hazy_basic

Yes there is, the whole 360 would need to be redesigned. What they can do is reduce it happenning.

If you think that is an acceptable excuse then 360 owners deserve every RRODD they get.

So basically you are saying its acceptable to build an awsome machine that is prone to breaking.

Funny, I thought MS was talented enough and 'cared' enough to redesign it to make it work. Apparently, they don't have the resources and are just hardware hacks.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 flazzle

I just don't understand why people can't move on and just accept it, whether it be PS3 fanboys, 360 fanboys, or PC fanboys. Unfortunately this is something as a 360 owner I have to live with in case it happens to me. Why people continue to make threads on why isn't it fixed or why MS hasn't done more, its the same garbage all the time. There is indeed an issue they are aware of it, they are trying their best to fix it and they took a billion dollar hit because of it. Some you of in here think that this is something that can be fixed overnight, some of you believe that they are slacking and they aren't doing anything about it. The bottom line is do you think they want to lose money? Do you think they want to be repairing consoles? The answer is no. My whole point is it is time to move on folks, we all know this is an issue and its like beating a dead horse. xscrapzx

The bottom line is that it's worth it to them to continue selling a defective product and would cost more to redesign and fix the problem.

Yeah, they took a 'billion dollar hit', but they would have taken a larger monetary hit completely fixing the problem. It just shows they rushed that unit and had to real backup plan fixing the problem completely. How many years has this been out?

Do you really want to buy the next Xbox. If they can't build a year-old plus system correctly, what makes you think they can build the next one properly?

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="flazzle"]

flazzle

If you think that is an acceptable excuse then 360 owners deserve every RRODD they get.

So basically you are saying its acceptable to build an awsome machine that is prone to breaking.

Funny, I thought MS was talented enough and 'cared' enough to redesign it to make it work. Apparently, they don't have the resources and are just hardware hacks.

From what I heard, for Jasper MS finally paid someone else to redesign the board. It was in the news a couple weeks back about MS admitting RROD happened because they designed they layout themselves instead of giving it to someone who knew what the heck they were doing.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="flazzle"]

flazzle

I think you need to take a step back from the brink of crazy. I don't think its acceptable, I've said so in this thread if you had read it that it wasn't acceptable. Do think a complete redesign of a console is quick, cheap or easy? Instead you have a clear agenda and want to your fanboy rage to try and drown out everything else.

Good day to you sir!

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xscrapzx

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]I just don't understand why people can't move on and just accept it, whether it be PS3 fanboys, 360 fanboys, or PC fanboys. Unfortunately this is something as a 360 owner I have to live with in case it happens to me. Why people continue to make threads on why isn't it fixed or why MS hasn't done more, its the same garbage all the time. There is indeed an issue they are aware of it, they are trying their best to fix it and they took a billion dollar hit because of it. Some you of in here think that this is something that can be fixed overnight, some of you believe that they are slacking and they aren't doing anything about it. The bottom line is do you think they want to lose money? Do you think they want to be repairing consoles? The answer is no. My whole point is it is time to move on folks, we all know this is an issue and its like beating a dead horse. flazzle

The bottom line is that it's worth it to them to continue selling a defective product and would cost more to redesign and fix the problem.

Yeah, they took a 'billion dollar hit', but they would have taken a larger monetary hit completely fixing the problem. It just shows they rushed that unit and had to real backup plan fixing the problem completely. How many years has this been out?

Do you really want to buy the next Xbox. If they can't build a year-old plus system correctly, what makes you think they can build the next one properly?

Yes I do want to buy the next xbox. I have had a lot of enjoyment and probably the most fun I have ever had on a console in my whole life. This RROD has not happend to me and if it does, its something that I'm aware of and unfortunately I have to live without one for about two weeks or so.

But because of a manufacturing design its not going to make me turn over to a PS3 or Sony's nex-gen console and completely abandoned MS's. I don't believe its a matter of them rushing the system more than it is a poor design of a console that has been its weak point. I don't think any chip or anything else that thye come out with is going to fix the issue, I believe it is the box itself that is not getting good air flow.

What are they going to do? Stop making the 360 all together and go back to the drawing board and make a completely new system after already being out for three years. Thats craziness. This is something that they took a big loss on and it is something that they have to deal with and try their best to help their customers out.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

If MS gave away free games every time you got RROD I think it would be different.

"HA HA sucker! I got RROD and a free game yesterday, suck on that!"

-or-

"Damit, I want that new game. Come on you stupid 360, RROD already :cry:"

just a silly thought :D

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 flazzle
[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="flazzle"]

blue_hazy_basic

I think you need to take a step back from the brink of crazy. I don't think its acceptable, I've said so in this thread if you had read it that it wasn't acceptable. Do think a complete redesign of a console is quick, cheap or easy? Instead you have a clear agenda and want to your fanboy rage to try and drown out everything else.

Good day to you sir!

I think you need to ponder your comprehension skills and realize that when you think there is 'Yes there is' in response to 'there is no excuse', that is acceptance.

Do I think a complete redesign of a console is quick, cheap, or easy? Of course not. Did I believe MS didn't have the skills or resources or will to fix it? I didn't until now. If you are going to be in the console business, have the skills to do it RIGHT. The time to take to correct this problem is the 'brink of crazy'.

And why the fanboy comment? Once I criticize your 'precious' system, I'm a fanboy? And what is my clear agenda? There is nothing I said that is untrue. 'If you had read' my past posts, you will notice I have no 360 'hatred'. All these consoles are machines I had NOTHING to do with, thus I have no misplaced devotion. They never even invited me to any company meetings.

Sorry I said something you didn't like about your precious 360.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 flazzle

What are they going to do? Stop making the 360 all together and go back to the drawing board and make a completely new system after already being out for three years. Thats craziness. This is something that they took a big loss on and it is something that they have to deal with and try their best to help their customers out.

xscrapzx

Nobody offered the suggestion of stop making the 360 altogether. Now where did you get that crazy solution.

The fact is, it took them 3 years to maybe have if figured out. Having a console being produced so defective for so long is unprecedented.

Lets not rewrite history here: MS was downplaying it for so long and tried to make it less than it was. The message to the consumer is 'We are not going to spend the money to fix it completely. We can tolerate a defective rate this large.'

But most 360 owners are stupid or blind followers. It was their complaining that forced them to issue the magic '3 year warranty'.

The point is, it should have been addressed the way early on the way it is NOW

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

as long as the dvd drive is sitting on top of the GPU, there will always be RrOD. the GPU has a short, though wide, heatsink but cannot breathe or get cool air because of the dvd drive, not to mention the fact that the dvd drive itself gives off heat.cowgriller

thats it.

Unless they pretty much redesign the 360 changing its shape and everything, RROD will never go away.

alex77k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 alex77k
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts

I just don't understand why people can't move on and just accept it, whether it be PS3 fanboys, 360 fanboys, or PC fanboys. Unfortunately this is something as a 360 owner I have to live with in case it happens to me. Why people continue to make threads on why isn't it fixed or why MS hasn't done more, its the same garbage all the time. There is indeed an issue they are aware of it, they are trying their best to fix it and they took a billion dollar hit because of it. Some you of in here think that this is something that can be fixed overnight, some of you believe that they are slacking and they aren't doing anything about it. The bottom line is do you think they want to lose money? Do you think they want to be repairing consoles? The answer is no. My whole point is it is time to move on folks, we all know this is an issue and its like beating a dead horse. xscrapzx

You are plain wrong. As long as RROD is an issue, then people have to keep the issue on. See, the 3 year warranty extension was not a result of MS's kindness, but the threath of a class action lawsuit. We as consumers have to defend our right and we are strong only in masses.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xscrapzx

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]I just don't understand why people can't move on and just accept it, whether it be PS3 fanboys, 360 fanboys, or PC fanboys. Unfortunately this is something as a 360 owner I have to live with in case it happens to me. Why people continue to make threads on why isn't it fixed or why MS hasn't done more, its the same garbage all the time. There is indeed an issue they are aware of it, they are trying their best to fix it and they took a billion dollar hit because of it. Some you of in here think that this is something that can be fixed overnight, some of you believe that they are slacking and they aren't doing anything about it. The bottom line is do you think they want to lose money? Do you think they want to be repairing consoles? The answer is no. My whole point is it is time to move on folks, we all know this is an issue and its like beating a dead horse. alex77k

You are plain wrong. As long as RROD is an issue, then people have to keep the issue on. See, the 3 year warranty extension was not a result of MS's kindness, but the threath of a class action lawsuit. We as consumers have to defend our right and we are strong only in masses.

Are you kidding me? Your right it is an issue, but to keep bringing it up to purely bash the system and when half the time people complaining about don't even have the console is absurd. You are right you have a right to defend yourself as well as not to buy the product either. It has nothing to do with kindness nor did ever claim that. What I stated was purely fact, if you think any company in their right mind wants to purposely spend millions to fix defective hardware because they can live with a failure rate you really have no clue what you are talking about.

Avatar image for ReturnOfShinobi
ReturnOfShinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ReturnOfShinobi
Member since 2008 • 880 Posts
Its BS, the Falcon drastically reduced heat as well had a MUCH better cooling system, its Cows who are still over blowing this issue
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

flazzle

Nobody offered the suggestion of stop making the 360 altogether. Now where did you get that crazy solution.

The fact is, it took them 3 years to maybe have if figured out. Having a console being produced so defective for so long is unprecedented.

Lets not rewrite history here: MS was downplaying it for so long and tried to make it less than it was. The message to the consumer is 'We are not going to spend the money to fix it completely. We can tolerate a defective rate this large.'

But most 360 owners are stupid or blind followers. It was their complaining that forced them to issue the magic '3 year warranty'.

The point is, it should have been addressed the way early on the way it is NOW

The only reason I mentioned stop making the 360 is because the only way to fix all the issues you are complaining is to do a complete re-design.

I doubt that they want to continue to dish out millions to repair broken consoles let alone do it purposely for three years! I don't think 360 fans are stupid or blind followers, they buy a product because they love the games that are represented on it and if that means they have to deal with a defective product that may or may not break on them is worth the risk for them considering they have a 3 year warranty with the thing, there is a chance that if didn't happen then it wont happen at all.

Your right it should of been addressed earlier and I doubt they knew about it when releasing the system. Of course there were probably some that failed at testing, but I don't think it was at that much of a failure rate during whatever testing phase that it was currently going through. I don't know about you, but I don't think any company in their right minds would sell or put a system on the market knowing that it had a 33% failure before hand.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

TC please change your sig.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Yes there is, the whole 360 would need to be redesigned. What they can do is reduce it happenning.flazzle

Good day to you sir!

I think you need to ponder your comprehension skills and realize that when you think there is 'Yes there is' in response to 'there is no excuse', that is acceptance.

Do I think a complete redesign of a console is quick, cheap, or easy? Of course not. Did I believe MS didn't have the skills or resources or will to fix it? I didn't until now. If you are going to be in the console business, have the skills to do it RIGHT. The time to take to correct this problem is the 'brink of crazy'.

And why the fanboy comment? Once I criticize your 'precious' system, I'm a fanboy? And what is my clear agenda? There is nothing I said that is untrue. 'If you had read' my past posts, you will notice I have no 360 'hatred'. All these consoles are machines I had NOTHING to do with, thus I have no misplaced devotion. They never even invited me to any company meetings.

Sorry I said something you didn't like about your precious 360.

Hmm perhaps you don't quite grasp the concept of what an excuse is?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/excuse

1. a. To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood: He arrived late and excused his tardiness in a flimsy manner. b. To apologize for (oneself) for an act that could cause offense: She excused herself for being late.

MS acknowledged there was a problem (eventually) and took steps to try and correct it (warranty and new chips). Their excuse was that they weren't 100% sure what was causing it or how to fix it. They are now taking steps (with Jasper) to reduce the occurances of RROD.

Now, for the comprehension part. I said there was an excuse (redesign) and they were taking steps to reduce it. You then proceeded to lose your mind and accuse me of things I never said.

Your fanboy comments? "If you think that is an acceptable excuse then 360 owners deserve every RRODD they get." Why does what I say mean every 360 owner deserves an RROD (just one D BTW ;) )

"Funny, I thought MS was talented enough and 'cared' enough to redesign it to make it work. Apparently, they don't have the resources and are just hardware hacks." None of these companies care about you or me or anyone else, I'm sorry if you thought they did. Why does it take so long to fix? Ask Sony last gen with DRE, its not a simple task to pull out one component and replace it with another.

As for my "precious 360" go ahead and read my comments do I defend MS once? Nope. Do I defend the 360 once? Nope. All I did was state that a fix isn't fast or easy and a redesign would be necessary to fix the problem and you lost the plot, not once but twice! Maybe you should stop and think before you jump to assumptions?

Oh and I said Good day!

EDITED to fix my messed up quote chain! (maybe you should also read the first page and what I wrote there too? ;) )

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

i personally think the 360 is a joke.... the RROD problem is so extensive and has been allowed to continue for so long I find it amazing anyone has any faith left in the console. I jumped ship and its the best thing i could have done...

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]I think Jasper will come close to completely eliminating RROD but the Falcon doesn't.OsgoodSchlatter

And now the Jasper?

This is a systemic issue that cannot be blamed on one chip or one cooling component. Looks like 360 fans will have to roll the dice until the next console. (That's not to say the RROD affects all machines. And hey, at least MS offered a nice 3 year warranty to cover it)

All those things reduced the likelihood of RROD but didn't completely eliminate it. The root cause of most failures is the GPU overheating and a 65NM die shrink should make a big difference. It wont completely eliminate RROD as that's just a general hardware failure indication but it ill bring it within acceptable levels.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 flazzle
Hmm perhaps you don't quite grasp the concept of what an excuse is?

1. a. To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood: He arrived late and excused his tardiness in a flimsy manner. b. To apologize for (oneself) for an act that could cause offense: She excused herself for being late.

TRANSLATION: I am losing this argument so I will focus on a definition of a word. I'll change the context I originally responded to so i don't look wrong.

MS acknowledged there was a problem (eventually) and took steps to try and correct it (warranty and new chips). Their excuse was that they weren't 100% sure what was causing it or how to fix it. They are now taking steps (with Jasper) to reduce the occurances of RROD.

No kidding. Nothing we disagree about here. But original statement stands: "MS didn't have the skills or resources or will to fix it?" They are the creators of the system and can't figure it out after 3 years? Its unimpressive anyway you cut it. For some reason though, this realization bothers you.

Now, for the comprehension part. I said there was an excuse (redesign) and they were taking steps to reduce it. You then proceeded to lose your mind and accuse me of things I never said.

Never lost my mind. Thats for the ACCUSATION. But what accusations did I make? Sorry you get offended so easily.

A redesign is an excuse for what? Taking so long?

Your fanboy comments? "If you think that is an acceptable excuse then 360 owners deserve every RRODD they get."

How is the above a 'fanboy' comment? There is fanboyism implied where? The term '360 owner'?

Why does what I say mean every 360 owner deserves an RROD (just one D BTW ;) )

I type one extra letter and you attempt to ridicule me over it? When the post you created to respond to me has a total edit of SIX? LOL ;)

"Funny, I thought MS was talented enough and 'cared' enough to redesign it to make it work. Apparently, they don't have the resources and are just hardware hacks." None of these companies care about you or me or anyone else, I'm sorry if you thought they did. Why does it take so long to fix? Ask Sony last gen with DRE, its not a simple task to pull out one component and replace it with another.

As for my "precious 360" go ahead and read my comments do I defend MS once? Nope. Do I defend the 360 once? Nope. All I did was state that a fix isn't fast or easy and a redesign would be necessary to fix the problem and you lost the plot, not once but twice! Maybe you should stop and think before you jump to assumptions?

Oh and I said Good day!

EDITED to fix my messed up quote chain! (maybe you should also read the first page and what I wrote there too? ;) )

blue_hazy_basic

Oh, and perhaps you don't grasp the concept of what a PLOT is:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/plot

plot (plt) n.1. a. A small piece of ground, generally used for a specific purpose: a garden plot. b. A measured area of land; a lot. 2. A ground plan, as for a building; a diagram. 3. See graph1. 4. The pattern of events or main story in a narrative or drama. 5. A secret plan to accomplish a hostile or illegal purpose; a scheme.

So which definition were you striving for?

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Link to anything you state TC.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Its still at 16%. Nothing changed.
DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaGamingGod
Member since 2008 • 1041 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]I think Jasper will come close to completely eliminating RROD but the Falcon doesn't.OsgoodSchlatter

And now the Jasper?

Since the Japser model with feature both a 65nm CPU and GPU, there's a very small chance of folks getting the RROD unless they play their 360's in an oven.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Hmm perhaps you don't quite grasp the concept of what an excuse is?

TRANSLATION: I am losing this argument so I will focus on a definition of a word. I'll change the context I originally responded to so i don't look wrong.

TRANSLATION: You lost the argument about excuse so you won't answer it - you focused heavily on the word excuse in your previous posts yet you don't seem to understand what an excuse is? You certainly took offense when I pointed MS had one and you also seemed to be under the illusion that I supported it.

"I think you need to ponder your comprehension skills and realize that when you think there is 'Yes there is' in response to 'there is no excuse', that is acceptance." Your patronising remark in your previous quote was my reason for including a definition. And saying there is an excuse is not accepting. There may be an excuse for you being rude, however, while I accept that there is an excuse that doesn't mean that I agree with your excuse, would be an example of that.

No kidding. Nothing we disagree about here. But original statement stands: "MS didn't have the skills or resources or will to fix it?" They are the creators of the system and can't figure it out after 3 years? Its unimpressive anyway you cut it. For some reason though, this realization bothers you.

Doesn't bother me at all, I don't work for MS

Never lost my mind. Thats for the ACCUSATION. But what accusations did I make? Sorry you get offended so easily.

A redesign is an excuse for what? Taking so long?

How long do you think designing or in this case redesigning a console takes?

Your fanboy comments? "If you think that is an acceptable excuse then 360 owners deserve every RRODD they get."

How is the above a 'fanboy' comment? There is fanboyism implied where? The term '360 owner'?see next line

Why does what I say mean every 360 owner deserves an RROD (just one D BTW ;) )

I type one extra letter and you attempt to ridicule me over it? When the post you created to respond to me has a total edit of SIX? LOL ;)

sorry you said something earlier about focusing on a small thing when losing an argument? :P

Funny you ignored this bit eh?

Oh you ignored this bit too and focused on one word, hypocrit much?

Oh and I said Good day!

flazzle

plot (plt) n.1. a. A small piece of ground, generally used for a specific purpose: a garden plot. b. A measured area of land; a lot. 2. A ground plan, as for a building; a diagram. 3. See graph1. 4. The pattern of events or main story in a narrative or drama. 5. A secret plan to accomplish a hostile or illegal purpose; a scheme.

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/lose+the+plot.html there you go. ;) or using your link 4. The pattern of events or main story. Good job buddy!
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

Its still at 16%. Nothing changed.EVOLV3

Link?

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 flazzle

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/lose+the+plot.html there you go. ;)blue_hazy_basic

It's LOSE THE PLOT, not "LOST THE PLOT". If you are going to use an Idiom, you need to use it properly, otherwise they lose their true meaning. Now, if you used it correctly, this wouldn't be an issue. However, I think you just got snagged on using a word incorrectly and this is your attempt to save face.

Also, everywhere you call me a hypocrite, it's a sample of your own behavoir! Funny you miss the most simple of points.

And there is still no fanboy in any of my comments. I wonder why you dragged in that word when it was never mentioned. Only mentioned by you...(hmmm, who is the fanboy here... ;) )

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 flazzle
[QUOTE="flazzle"]

blue_hazy_basic

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/lose+the+plot.html there you go. ;) or using your link 4. The pattern of events or main story. Good job buddy!

Oh, postings are a "STORY" now? Do you need the definition of what a story is now? ;)

(Prediction of response: "No. I mean pattern of EVENTS! Not story!" Sorry. These are 'postings', not 'events'. The word plot simply does not apply.)

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/lose+the+plot.html there you go. ;)flazzle

It's LOSE THE PLOT, not "LOST THE PLOT". If you are going to use an Idiom, you need to use it properly, otherwise they lose their true meaning. Now, if you used it correctly, this wouldn't be an issue. However, I think you just got snagged on using a word incorrectly and this is your attempt to save face.

Also, everywhere you call me a hypocrite, it's a sample of your own behavoir! Funny you miss the most simple of points.

And there is still no fanboy in any of my comments. I wonder why you dragged in that word when it was never mentioned. Only mentioned by you...(hmmm, who is the fanboy here... ;) )

in english we have things called tenses ;)

oh and in reply to the fanboy thing I did reply to that I think it was something along the line of "every 360 owner deserves a RRODD"

EDIT ah I see you edited your response. :)

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 flazzle

in english we have things called tenses ;)blue_hazy_basic

If you are going to use an Idiom, use it exactly. Otherwise its prone to other interpretations or literal ones.

And just admit it: you are a 360 fanboy. Are you not? Or do you refuse to answer the question?