Voice acting has no place in Skyrim

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#51 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

[QUOTE="ceelogic"]

Esbern anyone

princeofshapeir

esbern, arngeir, paarthurnax and pretty much all of the dragons... heck, there's more decent/excellent voice acting than bad. the really terrible ones i can think of are the kids and the baalgruuf's mage.

And the demon you meat in the mission with the Dwemer cube. He sounded like Satan from South Park.

But yeah, Sheogorath and Molag Bal are reason enough for this game to have voice acting.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

The voice acting is good just like Oblivion. The problem is the same, the random generic NPC's that sometimes have incorrect voices or sound like an important NPC that maybe you just met moments ago, and sometimes it can get annoying.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

The voice acting is fine, it's not great, but it's not horrible either.

Seriously, are people running out of things to complain about? Oh this game only has hundreds of hours of gameplay, but the voice acting isn't perfecT!

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#54 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Not everyone can be Sheogorath from Oblivion... Skyrim does have Cicero though, probably my favorite.lamprey263

If you ask me, Cicero is right up there with the Adoring Fan in terms of annoyingness.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

I think the voice acting was actually really well done considering the vast amount of dialogue needed to be recorded. Some real standout characters like Paarthanax come to mind.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

It's an improvement over Oblivion, so stop complaining. At least the entire province isn't filled with people that sound like the court mage in Whiterun.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

The voice acting isn't terrible and you clearly haven't palyed enough games if you think so but I will admit that it is spotty at times as well is the dialouge, but nothing is horrible here. Most of it is decent and some do pull off a good performance.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="PraetorianMan"]

Skyrim's voice acting is God-like compared to Oblivions. I see no problem here :)

PraetorianMan
Godlike? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv_eZgPo7Dw

OH yeah. Have you played Oblivion? That clip right there sounds like music in comparison.

I'll agree that Oblivion had horrible horrible voice acting. But Skyrim still has pretty bad voice acting for many characters. Some are good, and when I say some, I mean a handful, but it's definitely not like 10 times better. Maybe 2 or 3 times better.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DragonfireXZ95

I think some are memorable. Cicero, Molag Bal, Esbern, Arngier, Paarthurnax, I could go on.

svenus97
I agree with Molag Bal, that guy did a pretty damn good job.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
huh I thought the VO was pretty good. Why is it bad? Yeah a few reused voice actors but most of them in game sound pretty good to me.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#61 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

the prompted, scripted dialogue is all very good.

the background noise dialogue is very bad. I can live with most of it but I almost want to tell my party members to eff off because they are like a broken record. There should have been some limiter in their programming that made them only say specific pieces of dialogue less frequently (or better yet give them a lot more impromtu dialogue to say).

edit: They made the same problem in New Vegas. In Skyrim it's worse. It seems while walking through town everyone is saying things in your direction. It feels like Truman Show and everyone is screwing it up

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DragonfireXZ95

the background noise dialogue is very bad. I can live with most of it but I almost want to tell my party members to eff off because they are like a broken record. There should have been some limiter in their programming that made them only say specific pieces of dialogue less frequently (or better yet give them a lot more impromtu dialogue to say). They made the same problem in New Vegas

GunSmith1_basic
There's a mod that fixes that actually. Makes your companion silent unless you talk to them or something.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#63 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

the background noise dialogue is very bad. I can live with most of it but I almost want to tell my party members to eff off because they are like a broken record. There should have been some limiter in their programming that made them only say specific pieces of dialogue less frequently (or better yet give them a lot more impromtu dialogue to say). They made the same problem in New Vegas

DragonfireXZ95

There's a mod that fixes that actually. Makes your companion silent unless you talk to them or something.

wow, cool. Adding a mod doesn't hurt your save files does it?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

GunSmith1_basic

Nope. Not at all. Hmm, I thought there was one for all of them, but the only one I can find is for Lydia. Well, if you use Lydia as a companion, go for it. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=617
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#65 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Don't try to blame voice acting for Beth's inability to write 3-dimensional characters and good stories. That's all on them.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DragonfireXZ95

Don't try to blame voice acting for Beth's inability to write 3-dimensional characters and good stories. That's all on them.

Master_ShakeXXX
Some are just so bad, I don't think dialogue had anything to do with it. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv_eZgPo7Dw
WomanDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 WomanDog
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

The same exact problem as oblivion. Can someone tell me why this game is superior to it's predecessor? It's got the exact same flaws!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

GunSmith1_basic

Oh, I did find this one GunSmith, you may be interested in this one. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=746
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#69 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

DragonfireXZ95

Some are just so bad, I don't think dialogue had anything to do with it. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv_eZgPo7Dw

Dear lord, that was pretty terrible :lol:

That's like PS1 Resident Evil bad.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

I kept hearing characters with same voice actors, which is very very very annoying.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Without voice acting, it would lose immersion. At least Skyrim's voice acting isn't as terrible as Oblivion's.

bluemantan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 bluemantan
Member since 2011 • 320 Posts

The same exact problem as oblivion. Can someone tell me why this game is superior to it's predecessor? It's got the exact same flaws!

WomanDog
Skyrim is a great game, but all fans of it should admit that there are several flaws in it. It goes to show that even if the individual aspects aren't great, it can still be very fun to play. I am glad that I have it on PC so that I can mod my game to make it better. A game doesn't need perfect mechanics to be fun, look at COD. The mechanics of it flat out suck but it is still fun to boot up and play a few games every once in a while. Would I slave on it for hours on end? No, because it does not have the depth I desire but it is still fun.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

And apparently not gameplay either

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I think it's the best out of all Fall Out/Oblivion games.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Dear lord, that was pretty terrible :lol:

That's like PS1 Resident Evil bad.

Almost as bad as Vanquishes dialogue amirite?
NS_RegentPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 NS_RegentPark
Member since 2004 • 151 Posts

The game's only 3.9GB while installed on the XBOX 360 HD. Compared to Red Dead, which is 6.9GB.

I'm pretty sure adding a voice to the main character, and getting new voice actors would have been a good idea. Can someone tell me why this game is getting so much praise? I bought it yesterday, and am not thrilled with it at all.