Unlike Microsoft, Sony Is Intent On Having PS5-Only Games Right Away (GS article)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@Pedro: Dude I can't just make the games release right this minute with a snap of my fingers. I have magical purple hair, but it's just dye. I'm not actually magical.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Dude I can't just make the games release right this minute with a snap of my fingers. I have magical purple hair, but it's just dye. I'm not actually magical.

Now you are sounding more like yourself. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@Pedro: Hehe. ;)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@subspecies: It's a safe bet... and I think you know it (actually, it wouldn't surprise me if you don't).

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11269 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
Yeah blanks lol.
Yeah blanks lol.

Don't compare people's posts to your reproductive state.

@Pedro said:

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

They should put everything on PC. PC is just better

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9838 Posts

Clever Sony. While 3rd party devs can and will support the ps4, 1st party devs cant and wont.

All ps4 games submitted after July 2020 have to work on ps5... no such requirement for games submitted before that date.

Ps5 will not run any ps4 games at launch, and will require an update before getting bc.

No information on Ps3, ps2 and ps1 games, apart from some of them are available on the paid psnow streaming service, which Sony will continue to support next gen.

3d audio will sound slightly better than stereo, and might require Sony needing a photo of your ear for it to work properly.

Yay.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 sealionact  Online

@wervenom: Every single game? If a ps5 game can run on a ps4 but Sony dont allow it...how is that a positive for gamers?

Let's take this gen. Bf4 was available on ps3 and ps4 as well as x360 and x1. You bought the version that worked on your console, no crossbuy.

MS's policy next gen: bf4 is available on PC, x1 and xsx. Buy it on x1 when it comes out, get the xsx version and PC version at no extra charge.

Sony's policy next gen. Bf4 is available on ps5, and can, but wont be supported on ps4.

Yet this is somehow something Sony fans want? Where do Sony find these people, they struck an absolute gold mine!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sealionact: Pretty sure this is only for 1st party games. 3rd party (like the mentioned BF) could do whatever it pleases.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sealionact  Online

@vfighter: True....but that makes Sony's decision even more puzzling. If anyone should support a Sony console, it should be Sony themselves....sure, if its technically not possible for it to run on ps4 that's totally understandable, but games like GT could easily be adapted to run on ps4 but wont. Just puzzling as to how some Sony fans think this is somehow pro consumer.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: they'll look the same. Dimenishing returns bro. Like what differences are you even expecting lol. I get it, power narrative is all you guys have lmao.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BenjaminBanklin

@sealionact said:

@vfighter: True....but that makes Sony's decision even more puzzling. If anyone should support a Sony console, it should be Sony themselves....sure, if its technically not possible for it to run on ps4 that's totally understandable, but games like GT could easily be adapted to run on ps4 but wont. Just puzzling as to how some Sony fans think this is somehow pro consumer.

Why should PS5 purchasers get games that are scaled back to run on a PS4? First party sounds like they're mostly moving forward, which is the whole point. Microsoft is still trying to support a console no one bought until they had to keep drastically dropping the price just to get the paltry numbers it got. MS needs to take a cue from a Disney cartoon and LET IT GO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why should PS5 purchasers get games that are scaled back to run on a PS4? First party sounds like they're mostly moving forward, which is the whole point. Microsoft is still trying to support a console no one bought until they had to keep drastically dropping the price just to get the paltry numbers it got. MS needs to take a cue from a Disney cartoon and LET IT GO.

Explain how your arbitrary game that works on the PS4 and PS5 would be scaled back on the PS5?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@nfamouslegend said:

I buy next gen game consoles to play next gen games. If it so happens to be backwards compatable then that's fine. There needs to be incentives to purchase that new hardware. I love what MS is doing with their BC program, but by making sure Series X has no exclusives for 2 years is a mistake.

Xbox has no exclusives full stop. They are all multiplat with PC.

So right from the start MS will make a ton of money because of all the PC gamers buying there games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#65 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Looking at my gaming habits BC is no doubt very important. I like to play whatever dumb game corporations are telling us to be hyped about but I do like to dive in older games. Performance and resolution being enhanced is the cherry on top.

BC and Gamepass is the reason why Xbox dominated by far my usage time vs the PS4 and I expect it to continue next gen.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sealionact  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: Why shouldn't ps4 owners get 1st party games if they can? Are we saying that every 1st party game that runs on ps5 cannot run on ps4 if its scaled back, or is Sony simply saying they wont do that?

If 3rd party games will do it, theres no reason for Sony not to do it apart from forcing gamers to buy a new console if they want the newest 1st party games....I'm simply saying I know which I think is more pro consumer, and as always Sony seem to offer their fans "The bare necessities."

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

To everybody saying ps5 games should also play on the ps4...is this your first time experiencing a console launch? They (Sony) are trying to promote and sell their new console, why would they make lesser versions of those games for the older system? Do you not understand how these launches have worked since console gaming first started or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

If this is the case why bring out newer more powerful consoles in the first place? When should they stop putting out games on both consoles then? Should they make ps5 games work on the ps1 also, lets not forget about those console owners!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

Clever Sony. While 3rd party devs can and will support the ps4, 1st party devs cant and wont.

All ps4 games submitted after July 2020 have to work on ps5... no such requirement for games submitted before that date.

Ps5 will not run any ps4 games at launch, and will require an update before getting bc.

No information on Ps3, ps2 and ps1 games, apart from some of them are available on the paid psnow streaming service, which Sony will continue to support next gen.

3d audio will sound slightly better than stereo, and might require Sony needing a photo of your ear for it to work properly.

Yay.

Like every generation the old console gets left behind it has always been like this,on xbox as well only this gen MS is making games work on all platforms because it needs profits from those games badly,the xbox one is not a success nor even reached 360 status.

Yeah do you have a link to that bold part there?

Where did sony claim that not a single PS4 game will run on PS5 on launch? Did i miss something?

Who want to play a pixlated PS1 game on PS5? Those games didn't age very well,most of the games i still play are 2D like Breath of fire,FF tactics and some others.

Yes just like PS has gamepass and has XBOX and XBOX 360 games on gampass,again you are charge for everything on that service including old games from previous gens,and and now that the new gen start that make xbox one games also old games,which mean MS service will be full of last gen games.

The real question here is who needs an xbox series X? I sure don't i have an xbox one and that shit play every single game the series X will have.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BenjaminBanklin

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Why shouldn't ps4 owners get 1st party games if they can? Are we saying that every 1st party game that runs on ps5 cannot run on ps4 if its scaled back, or is Sony simply saying they wont do that?

If 3rd party games will do it, theres no reason for Sony not to do it apart from forcing gamers to buy a new console if they want the newest 1st party games....I'm simply saying I know which I think is more pro consumer, and as always Sony seem to offer their fans "The bare necessities."

They shouldn't get PS5 games because they don't own a PS5. Simple. Pretty soon most of the third parties will move on as well. A lot of games aren't going to be released for the older hardware soon on both platforms. It's really only MS clinging to the notion of still releasing (gimping) first party games that run on the prior hardware.

Why? Maybe they think the new Xboxes won't sell that well and are leaving a lifeline. Sony's going forward, and that hardware will sell better for it. If I buy into a new console, I want to make sure it's being taken advantage of. How would a base PS4 and Xbox One fare running a UE5 game? I don't want to find out.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By tormentos

@sealionact said:

Drop the freaking anti consumer crap,while you are freaking force to PAY $60 a year for online play and on PC you play xbox one games online FREE,when every one allows free to play games to be play free and MS force you to pay for xbox live,don't be a Pedro.

If you are going to act like you are pro consumer be pro consumer in all platforms not just the one you hate.

No console ever has done this shit,only the xbox is supporting the xbox one with all its games,and for obvious reasons,the xbox one sales are a JOKE xbox one games didn't sold like xbox 360 games did,outside of Forza everything else has sucked sales wise or tanked.

Even Halo could not sell like on 360.

Fact is MS will continue to support the xbox for 2 more years,after that they will move completely to xbox series X alto it still will not have exclusives because all its games will be on PC for the same reason profits.

@phbz said:

Looking at my gaming habits BC is no doubt very important. I like to play whatever dumb game corporations are telling us to be hyped about but I do like to dive in older games. Performance and resolution being enhanced is the cherry on top.

BC and Gamepass is the reason why Xbox dominated by far my usage time vs the PS4 and I expect it to continue next gen.

Then why you bought an xbox one on launch? That shit wasn't Backward compatible at all on 2013.

The only reason BC exist on xbox,is because MS found a way to modify several games and make the run on xbox and force you to freaking download the game.

By definition the shitty xbox one is not even Backward compatible,you can't insert and xbox 360 game on xbox one and run it,you are force to download a modify digital version,if you don't have internet you can't download shit and you can't even play BC games.

The xbox dominate your ussage by far because you are a LEMMING not a playstation fan at all,so trying to pass this silly notion that broken ass BC on xbox one and gamepass which also have xbox and xbox 360 games ala PS Now,is the reason your xbox get most of your play time is a joke you are a huge lemming who prefer MS period nothing bad with that by the way i am a huge blind sony fan who prefer the playstation but you don't see me making silly excuses to justify it.

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Explain how your arbitrary game that works on the PS4 and PS5 would be scaled back on the PS5?

You are a hipocrite and the only reason you rally behind this shit is because MS loss its exclusives,i already proved that by posting you been OK with exclusives but not with 3rd party exclusives,but back then the xbox one still had exclusives.

There is 1 reason sony is not making PS5 games run on PS4,because it doesn't have any insentive for PS4 owners to move to the PS5,and it has been like this for generations and all platforms including your precious xbox,and now all of the sudden is bad,again because MS doesn't do it NOW for obvious reasons.

My advise stop the tears man you look pathetic trying to damage control exclusives on PS5,simple don't the only reason you hate exclusives now is because MS has NON.

😂😂😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Even your precious former Xbox exec says for you to please be quiet.

Xbox dudes stay getting owned. But go ahead, convince me why it's a good thing I shouldn't get the best developed game for my purchase because people don't want to make the leap.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tormentos

@sealionact said:

1-Maybe they can maybe they CANT without changing the experience to much,example having to add elevators or something to mask loadings and streaming.

2-3rd parties best interest is profits not consumer,they don't care just like Alien Isolation was on xbox 360,PS3,PS4,Xbox one and PC,and yeah the game had such a shitty performance on PS4 that it was lol worthy,frames would drop even on empty corridors on a game that both the xbox and PS4 ran at 1080p.

Again is not in the best interest of 3rd parties that your version is the best ever,by cutting the number of supported platforms you get more time and people to the series X and PS5.

Sony isn't forcing anyone,you don't have to buy a PS5,if you want to play PS5 games yeah you need one,just like you need a damn xbox one for Halo 5 or Ryse and many other games on launch and after.

The level of hipocrisy here is out of this world now games must be compatible with all platforms because MS does it.

Hell i am curious to see how well the series X will sell,considering that there is no insentive other than graphics to buy a new one,since everything that play on series X will run on xbox one.

Less new hardware sell = less profits.

@vfighter said:

To everybody saying ps5 games should also play on the ps4...is this your first time experiencing a console launch? They (Sony) are trying to promote and sell their new console, why would they make lesser versions of those games for the older system? Do you not understand how these launches have worked since console gaming first started or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

If this is the case why bring out newer more powerful consoles in the first place? When should they stop putting out games on both consoles then? Should they make ps5 games work on the ps1 also, lets not forget about those console owners!

Is a new trend started by lemmings to downplay the PS5,since MS will not have exclusives sony must not have them either,this is the same people that for 2 and half generations bragged about exclusives as a REASON to buy an xbox over the PS.

Now exclusives mean nothing.

Exactly that bold part is spot on why the fu** buy a damn xbox series X,lets just stay on xbox one and be done with it,it already play some BC games and will play everything the series X does.

This people ignore it but this could backfire greatly on MS,fact is you will not need a series X to play all its games this holiday,they are backing on graphics improvement to sell series X machines,but we already know how well the Xbox one X did and the Pro with just better graphics while playing the same games.

Specially if that machine is $500,and the xbox one will be like $199 who will buy this holiday a console that has no exclusives and which you can play all its games on the console you already own or can get way cheaper.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@tormentos: Chill out Tormy you're going full ret again. Relax.

I didn't bought an Xbox One at launch.

Once I bought the PS4 it became my main system for 3rd party games also. Why? Because it was significantly more powerful.

Then I bought a PS4 Pro. It continued being my main system.

Then I bought an Xbox One X. It became my main system but with BC and Gamepass it really became overwhelmingly dominant.

Now the poor PS4 loses even to the Switch. But TLoU2 is just around the corner and GoT after.

Don't take the loser role every single time. It's sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
Yeah blanks lol.
Yeah blanks lol.

Don't compare people's posts to your reproductive state.

@Pedro said:

I've got kids, whereas i'm betting a women has never seen, let alone touched your little winky LOL.

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

For Sony to stop supporting there previous consoles from day 1 next gen launch is not doing much for its 110 million console owners. The whole argument games will be scaled back on next gen if they support current gen is crazy. It would just take the devs more time to create different versions. I own a ps4 pro and i am not happy they won't even support it. They are forcing you to buy the new console. How can this be good for gamers ?

I own both this gen probably not going to buy Sony next gen. There bc is way behind.

Its hardware based meaning every game has to be optimized separately. Only 100 games at launch. You will have to keep your ps4 plugged in for a while if you want to play ps4 games. I already got 3 systems plugged in now. I am pretty sure call of the wild, acsent, scorn, medium all are Microsoft exclusives plus halo and hellblade 2. This doesn't even include the July event. With gamepass, smart delivery, allaccess payment plan, xcloud, crossplay, bc, power and 15 first party studios they will keep me more than enough busy.

I support companies for the value they give there consumers. I do not support companies for brand loyalty.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:

I've got kids, whereas i'm betting a women has never seen, let alone touched your little winky LOL.

Quit lying. You can't get an Xbox pregnant. Lord knows you've tried.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos

@phbz said:

@tormentos: Chill out Tormy you're going full ret again. Relax.

I didn't bought an Xbox One at launch.

Once I bought the PS4 it became my main system for 3rd party games also. Why? Because it was significantly more powerful.

Then I bought a PS4 Pro. It continued being my main system.

Then I bought an Xbox One X. It became my main system but with BC and Gamepass it really became overwhelmingly dominant.

Now the poor PS4 loses even to the Switch. But TLoU2 is just around the corner and GoT after.

Don't take the loser role every single time. It's sad.

Please don't change your analogy to fix your broken argument.

You say NOTHING about power.

You claimed your system got more play time because of BC and Gamepass.

And yes you are a LEMMING and have always been one,so no surprise there on why you chose it.

The PS4 is a 7 year old machine in decline the switch is a 3 year old machine which join Nintendo 2 markets into 1 and that on the rise,for how long it will last who know,but one thing is for sure, nor the PS4 or switch have BC or gamepass and both kick the living ass out of the xbox sales wise,in fact in the 3 years the switch has already topped the xbox one sales.

Maybe BC is not all that important to most people in the market to stop buying a console,after all is not like the person who bought a PS4 on 2013 had its PS3 magically erase.

New gens are about new games,MS use to think so to,and i think they still do,the problem is the xbox one underperformed compare to the 360 so yeah they need all their games on as much machines as possible.

If MS really didn't believe in exclusives i am sure Halo would be on switch and PS4 by now.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sealionact  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: Well, as long as people are happy then that's great. Puzzling that the games are described as ps5 games when I see them as Sony games, and as you say 3rd party devs will support ps4 about as long as MS and 3rd party games will support x1. We're basically talking Halo, Forza and maybe a couple of other games yet somehow that translates to xsx not getting true xsx games, which is even more bizarre when we know that ms studios are making xsx only games like Senua 2 and 3rd party devs are making xsx only games too.

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 154 Posts

Basically if they make a “next gen” game, the graphics and whatever else scales with the system your playing on, like a PC. This to me seems much better. I dont think the PS5 will do it like this, which is kinda a bummer.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 sealionact  Online

@tormentos: "1-Maybe they can maybe they CANT without changing the experience to much,example having to add elevators or something to mask loadings and streaming."

No, they cant. Sony have made it policy that any game will not release on ps4....any game like Gran Turismo which would easily run on ps3 is a no no.

"Sony isn't forcing anyone,you don't have to buy a PS5,if you want to play PS5 games yeah you need one,"

You're arguing with yourself - which must be a terrifying experience. What i said "theres no reason for Sony not to do it apart from forcing gamers to buy a new console if they want the newest 1st party games...."

"Yeah do you have a link to that bold part there?"

Yes I do, but why do you ask? Is it because you dont believe that Sony would do this? Of course, when you actually realise the truth you'll come out and defend Sony yet again...

https://www.gamepur.com/news/leaked-webpage-suggests-ps5-backwards-compatibility-only-possible-with-system-update

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@tormentos: There you are again on a full meltdown. Relax. Be present here and now.

As I've said, BC and Gamepass was what made the Xbox overwhelmingly take most of my gaming hours. Power is important too, not determinant. Hell, even my preference for the Xbox controller is relevant.

I've said it here before too, if I was to recommend a console for a single system user, right now, it would be the PS4. It has enough power and the highest budget 1st parties. But last year I've completed around 30 games, plus more uncompleted. Obviously I prefer to play them on the best console and spending less money.

New gen is about new games, I agree. It always was about it. But it's great to have support for older games specially because in between AAAs is great to dive into an extended catalogue. Also at this point there's absolutely no reason to expect no new games from Xbox. So I don't even get why having good BC support means less new games.

Just don't have a seizure dude. Relax.

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 154 Posts

I am sure Microsofts strategy with xsx is very similar to that of a PC. I can buy a PC made for the latest GPU, but i can also play it with mid to lower end GPUs , it wont look as good as playing it on the newer GPU. Same thing we are seeing with xsx, in fact i fuess even past fames will look a little better but thats just like a PC.

So MS can make a true xsx game even though you can still play it on the xbox one, it will just look better on xsx. I see no problem with this strategy.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Smart Decision. At least PS5 games will look like actual next gen games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Even your precious former Xbox exec says for you to please be quiet.

Xbox dudes stay getting owned. But go ahead, convince me why it's a good thing I shouldn't get the best developed game for my purchase because people don't want to make the leap.

Again, explain how your arbitrary game that works on the PS4 and PS5 would be scaled back on the PS5?

@tormentos said:

You are a hipocrite and the only reason you rally behind this shit is because MS loss its exclusives,i already proved that by posting you been OK with exclusives but not with 3rd party exclusives,but back then the xbox one still had exclusives.

There is 1 reason sony is not making PS5 games run on PS4,because it doesn't have any insentive for PS4 owners to move to the PS5,and it has been like this for generations and all platforms including your precious xbox,and now all of the sudden is bad,again because MS doesn't do it NOW for obvious reasons.

My advise stop the tears man you look pathetic trying to damage control exclusives on PS5,simple don't the only reason you hate exclusives now is because MS has NON.

😂😂😂

You are an idiot you do a great job at it. 😂

The Series X is still going to have exclusives, so there goes that stupid first paragraph and your false claim as usual.

You don't play games. You don't discuss games. All you do is cheer-lead for Sony. Give me a shout about games when you actually do.😂

No tears. Try a new strategy.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#85  Edited By WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

@sealionact said:

@wervenom: Every single game? If a ps5 game can run on a ps4 but Sony dont allow it...how is that a positive for gamers?

Let's take this gen. Bf4 was available on ps3 and ps4 as well as x360 and x1. You bought the version that worked on your console, no crossbuy.

MS's policy next gen: bf4 is available on PC, x1 and xsx. Buy it on x1 when it comes out, get the xsx version and PC version at no extra charge.

Sony's policy next gen. Bf4 is available on ps5, and can, but wont be supported on ps4.

Yet this is somehow something Sony fans want? Where do Sony find these people, they struck an absolute gold mine!

Hopefully not every single game. Multiplats like AC and BF should still hopefully get patches. I think hes referring to exclusives. Games like HZD2 and the new God of War will not be on PS4 period... and I'm ok with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@phbz said:

Remember PS4 owners don't care about BC.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BenjaminBanklin

@phbz said:

What does b/c have to do with wanting new games that utilize next-gen? People will stop caring about it in a year. If people still care about playing old games on a new console by then, that's a sign that trouble is afoot.

This is a completely separate matter altogether.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sealionact  Online

@Fairmonkey: How is it better when they as you said dont put everything on PC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@BenjaminBanklin: Spoiler. New games will utilize the new consoles. You'll definitely see ray-tracing and massively improved load times on both new consoles.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Again, explain how your arbitrary game that works on the PS4 and PS5 would be scaled back on the PS5?

Why do you keep using the word arbitrary? Do you even know what it means? There's nothing arbitrary about game development. The man just said that not only does it take away dev time trying to make sure it works for the shittier hardware, but that time is better spent optimizing for the newer platform. Checkmate, whores. This man has been exposing you goons ever since he's no longer MS's puppet.

Now, do I listen to the former VP of gaming at Xbox who worked at MS for 20 years, or the whiny Xbot damage controlling the fact he's going to get shinier Xbox One games on a god damn brand new expensive ass console? Gee, that's a hard choice. Now, wave your white flag, because all the TFlops in the world don't mean a damn thing when you're getting spit-shined hand me downs for the next two years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@BenjaminBanklin: You cows are always so stressed.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

I'll be getting an xbox as usual, however this want to cater for cross generation models whilst admirable in one sense, completely de-incentivies's (if that's a word) people from upgrading. I mean why spend 400 quid/bucks for a graphical tweak? This could quite well impact initial console sales, and in turn the one with momentum will generally (not always) pull way ahead. Sales doesn't matter I know, however generally the larger the user base results in a more attractive proposition for the developer (I assume), meaning MS will have to work harder to pull them in. Shame. This isn't actually positive for the average console gamer who wants to see some reasonable ROI from their new console, not just a polished bonnet.

DISCALIMER: I am drunk

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@Pedro said:
@floppydics said:
@wervenom said:

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

This. I buy a next gen console to play next gen games not last gen games with extra bells and whistles That's just gimping the experience of the consoles potential. More advanced games with better visuals, physics and potentially better gameplay will become the norm faster if developed games are not chained to ancient hardware. As a gamer, this is what I would favour. I'll buy one to play PS5 games not slightly better PS4 games.

Why are we pretending as if the newer systems are going to introduce new gameplay experiences, AI, physics etc? Its like we go through this cycle every console launch, where gamers are so caught up in the fantasy of a newer console and all the mystical possibilities. We have been playing the same games for the past 2 decades. The first couple or more years is old games and old formula with new paint. It has always been like that. If you two haven't realized this, then there is not much to say. 🤷‍♀️

Exactly!! These new consoles aren't going to change games. It is going to be the same old series and franchises pumping out the same old games. The only developer I feel has changed gaming up a little is Remedy. I need to play Control.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#95 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I find it mind boggling how a seven year should still be supported. Why don't we just keep them supported forever.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

As someone who's getting a ps5 around launch time, this doesn't bother me at all. If anything, itll promote more people to get a ps5(which is a good thing for ps5 owners). Yes, its anti consumer in a way. The only people upset about this are people not wanting to get a ps5(stick with ps4), and lems who know this will help ps5 sales.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: "1-Maybe they can maybe they CANT without changing the experience to much,example having to add elevators or something to mask loadings and streaming."

No, they cant. Sony have made it policy that any game will not release on ps4....any game like Gran Turismo which would easily run on ps3 is a no no.

"Sony isn't forcing anyone,you don't have to buy a PS5,if you want to play PS5 games yeah you need one,"

You're arguing with yourself - which must be a terrifying experience. What i said "theres no reason for Sony not to do it apart from forcing gamers to buy a new console if they want the newest 1st party games...."

"Yeah do you have a link to that bold part there?"

Yes I do, but why do you ask? Is it because you dont believe that Sony would do this? Of course, when you actually realise the truth you'll come out and defend Sony yet again...

https://www.gamepur.com/news/leaked-webpage-suggests-ps5-backwards-compatibility-only-possible-with-system-update

You are damage controlling to much so tell me,was Killzone SF on PS3? Was Knack on PS3?

But hell was Forza 5 on xbox 360? Was dead rising 3 on xbox 360,how about Rise?

Did any of you hypocrite complained that those xbox one exclusives were not on xbox 360? Now prove to me you did complain about the xbox 360 been left behind.

Man stop the hypocricy the only reason you losers are complaining now is because MS loss its exclusives games.

No one is forcing you to buy anything is YOUR MONEY,fact is you so are your lemming friend are a bunch of hypocrites and when you or any lemming show me here how on 2013 you or any of the complain about the xbox 360 ben left behind then you will have a point.

"Sony has issued an update to clarify its stance on backwards compatibility for the PlayStation 5, saying the upcoming console will support an “overwhelming majority” of the 4,000-plus existing PS4 titles. Prior to the update, Sony’s Mark Cerny, the system architect for the PS5 who detailed its full hardware specifications in a live-streamed presentation on Wednesday, said the console would support “almost all” of the top 100 PS4 titles."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/20/...bility-ps4-games-support-majority-plus-titles

What sony confirmed already SONY it self.

The photo shown on that site doesn't say you need to upgrade on launch it say with system update,that maybe refering to more games been added.

What i posted there came from sony it self.

@phbz said:

Great so how many vote on that poll 90millions? 60 millions? 30 millions?

Please don't say 50,000 people because that represent NOTHING inside a 110 million userbase,according to the internet the primary reason People bought a PS4 was resolution yet the Pro and xbox one X sold like shit.

Why no link to that poll.?

@Pedro said:
@phbz said:

Remember PS4 owners don't care about BC.

Oh goody maybe you can answer for him how big what that poll sample? 40 millions?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/09/ign-readers-most-anticipated-ps5-feature-is-one-sonys-been-missing-for-a-while

Wait don't answer here is the poll results..

From the 20k that voted 8+k wanted BC 11+k wanted something else.

Not even on that poll half people wanted BC,that was a 20k survey now how much is 20k in a 110 million userbase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@tormentos: 50000 would actually be a good sized sample.

But again, relax dude you're just too easy to trigger. If you ask me there's obviously some trolling involved in this poll. Just posted it to bait you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tormentos

@Pedro said:

You are an idiot you do a great job at it. 😂

The Series X is still going to have exclusives, so there goes that stupid first paragraph and your false claim as usual.

You don't play games. You don't discuss games. All you do is cheer-lead for Sony. Give me a shout about games when you actually do.😂

No tears. Try a new strategy.

NO from what we have read all its games will be on PC.

In fact in this moment i am playing Zelda links awakening and mario kart since i bough a new switch just a few weeks ago.

And you still a hypocrite who hate exclusives now because MS has Non..😁

@phbz said:

@tormentos: 50000 would actually be a good sized sample.

But again, relax dude you're just too easy to trigger. If you ask me there's obviously some trolling involved in this poll. Just posted it to bait you.

Not for a 110 million userbase But i know for fact it was 20k and from those 20k not even half voted for BC the majority voted for other options.

So while you think you have a winning argument in reality here you don't more than half the voters of that poll didn't want BC that is a testament to how small the impact is,getting 42% when the remaining 58% voted for something else is the same as losing.

In the end the majority didn't want BC.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

Tormentos flipping out...lol.