Uncharted will have a hard time getting AAA

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

The good in the game from what I took from the demo was very good graphics, kinda witty and funny characters, but the bad and the bad is going to hurtthe game is slow gameplay, and horrible A.I. The slow gameplay compared to halo 3 or COD4 just put me to sleep. The shooting system stinks and it really has a slow feel overall. Slow developing and lack of innovative design will do the game in. The A.I where the guys you are fighting do these stupid slide step dances over and over will get annoying as well. Overall the games beauty is the eye candy, and the funny off beat humor, but the gameplay will hold this game from being AAA and we know it. Worth a rental, I guess cows will have to wait some more for AAAE.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Any puzzles in the demo?
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Reyes360

thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.mtradr43

the shooting is just horrendous when you have played games like COD4.

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
even if it has good gameplay , this game have no replay value . I don't expect AAA from this game at all .
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
slow gameplay? Were we playing same demo? Im sorry but thats garbage, complete garbage.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
Amazing how the first non fps/tps PS3 game that is good gets the wholly hell bashed out of it.
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Reyes360

Well Uncharted isn't exactly a FPS now is it. Its not a shooter of any type, its a action-adventure game. Thats like saying the shooting in GTA was bad compared to Halo.

NikoBellic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NikoBellic
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

The good in the game from what I took from the demo was very good graphics, kinda witty and funny characters, but the bad and the bad is going to hurtthe game is slow gameplay, and horrible A.I. The slow gameplay compared to halo 3 or COD4 just put me to sleep. The shooting system stinks and it really has a slow feel overall. Slow developing and lack of innovative design will do the game in. The A.I where the guys you are fighting do these stupid slide step dances over and over will get annoying as well. Overall the games beauty is the eye candy, and the funny off beat humor, but the gameplay will hold this game from being AAA and we know it. Worth a rental, I guess cows will have to wait some more for AAAE.

Reyes360
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mtradr43
even if it has good gameplay , this game have no replay value . I don't expect AAA from this game at all .Prid3r

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Reyes360

which is why the hype is just AA i suppose. either that or cows are just playing it like wimps so they dont get owned again on another flop.

WSP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WSP87
Member since 2006 • 667 Posts

Reyes360

Not that i disagree with you, but it's funny hearing that from you reyes360. I smell a fanboy.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kahuna_1

Hes not a f'ng U.S. Marine, he is a treasure hunter...

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Reyes360
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Shadow2k6

Well Uncharted isn't exactly a FPS now is it. Its not a shooter of any type, its a action-adventure game. Thats like saying the shooting in GTA was bad compared to Halo.

well then it can be compared to Gears and Gears just owns it. I just thought it was slow developing and didnt like the feel overall of the shooting system. It wont get AAA, mark my words.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Why are you comparing a FPS to an Action Adventure?

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Reyes360
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Kahuna_1

come on the gameplay stinks, the game is AA material and nothing more. sorry I would be cursing like you as well If I was a cow.

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
lol, a Reyes30 thread, I'll just wait for the review, this and HS are the only games that make me want to buy a PS3.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I for one loved the demo.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

WSP87

Not that i disagree with you, but it's funny hearing that from you reyes360. I smell a fanboy.

Yeah, he's a huge lemming.

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Kahuna_1

so is indiana jones , and that didn't stop him to go 1v1 against a tank ....... BAREHANDED .

WOOT , ROCK MY SOCKS .

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Reyes360
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Ragnarok1051

at its core you will do alot of shooting in uncharted, the gameplay for shooting is timid at best. Im sorry and its not getting AAA. Dispute me all you want, I know ill be the one right in the end.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kahuna_1
[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

come on the gameplay stinks, the game is AA material and nothing more. sorry I would be cursing like you as well If I was a cow.

I would not know, I am not a cow...you 360 fanboys are just THE MOST ANNOYING fanboys when it comes to a decent PS3 exclusive...my god...

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Reyes360
[QUOTE="WSP87"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

Ragnarok1051

yeah, and you are a huge Cow, but if the game was AAA material I would give it respect, I gave R and C respect.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

at its core you will do alot of shooting in uncharted, the gameplay for shooting is timid at best. Im sorry and its not getting AAA. Dispute me all you want, I know ill be the one right in the end.

Just for the sake of ownage I hope you're wrong.

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Reyes360
[QUOTE="Reyes360"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

I would not know, I am not a cow...you 360 fanboys are just THE MOST ANNOYING fanboys when it comes to a decent PS3 exclusive...my god...

sure you are not a cow, lol, also you think this game is AAA material? let me know if you wanna proclaim that, thats all im saying in the thread, its NOT AAA and it wont get AAA. Sorry, and enjoy Lair =)

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mtradr43
[QUOTE="Reyes360"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]thats what ive been hearing about it as well. Great graphics, average gameplay. its just gonna end up being a better version of lair pretty much. Not to mention almost no replay value.Ragnarok1051

Just for the sake of ownage I hope you're wrong.

why would you hope that? the official hype isnt even AAA, so hes not out of line by saying it wont be. Also, can you blame him for expecting it to do bad when pretty much every other ps3 game out so far has flopped balls here at gs?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="WSP87"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

Reyes360

yeah, and you are a huge Cow, but if the game was AAA material I would give it respect, I gave R and C respect.

You make some of the most ridiculous threads out there, I hold my tongue and try to make somewhat decent post. Anways I'm thinking the game will be AA, doesn't quite look the AAA game.

-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Serpahim-
Member since 2007 • 1627 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

reyes360...im a little doubtful of ur comments due to ur name...but im gonna wait till im done downloading the demo to judge.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kahuna_1
Man Reyes you really are something..if I ever played Lair I would probably tell you how it is, but I havent bothered with...now unlike you I am not a fanboy, and if I had to rate Uncharted I would give it a 9.0-9.2 if you would like to know...
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Reyes360

You make some of the most ridiculous threads out there, I hold my tongue and try to make somewhat decent post. Anways I'm thinking the game will be AA, doesn't quite look the AAA game.

well I know you are my # 1 fan and thank you, but you basically are saying what i am saying, the game is AA. Not getting AAA and that is the point because nows its gonna be 13 months without a AAAE

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Reyes360

Man Reyes you really are something..if I ever played Lair I would probably tell you how it is, but I havent bothered with...now unlike you I am not a fanboy, and if I had to rate Uncharted I would give it a 9.0-9.2 if you would like to know...Kahuna_1

QFO

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

even if it has good gameplay , this game have no replay value . I don't expect AAA from this game at all .Prid3r
Why doesn't it have replay value ?

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

It has replay value. It has trophies and several difficulty levels.

As far as the gameplay goes, i'd say it's very good but not amazing. The sound, animation and graphics ARE amazing.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ragnarok1051

Reyes360

well I know you are my # 1 fan and thank you, but you basically are saying what i am saying, the game is AA. Not getting AAA and that is the point because nows its gonna be 13 months without a AAAE

As long as it has good games, I don't think too many care about it missing the AAA mark by .5 or not.

Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts

Uncharted is an awesome game, I give it 6.5 MAX.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
Is it me or is Reyes the 360 "fanboy" version of Renegade?
trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts

Reyes360

What's your PSN ID?

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
Somehow I have a hard time believing someone with 360 in their name. Also, the AI is awesome. Were you playing Uncharted and not some other game?
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow2k6"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

well then it can be compared to Gears and Gears just owns it. I just thought it was slow developing and didnt like the feel overall of the shooting system. It wont get AAA, mark my words.

It isn't compared to Gears. It only uses the cover system, a system not even original to Gears. The game is an action-adventure game, it isn't a ****ing FPS. The puzzles in Halo 3 were terrible, there were hardly any. Where the hell were the puzzles in Halo 3, I feel like I got ripped off!
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BlazeDragon132
There were puzzles in Halo 3?
Anyways, Uncharted is a platformer with shooting mechanics. I was thinking the shooting would be like in Tomb Raider (stupid AI and bad gunplay), but I was surprised. The shooting is pretty solid and the AI is smart. People seem to hate on anything nowadays.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
There were puzzles in Halo 3?
Anyways, Uncharted is a platformer with shooting mechanics. I was thinking the shooting would be like in Tomb Raider (stupid AI and bad gunplay), but I was surprised. The shooting is pretty solid and the AI is smart. People seem to hate on anything nowadays.BlazeDragon132

Not enough, not ones like God of War that really took some effort to figure out. I'm still waiting on these challenging puzzles for Halo 3.
Avatar image for anotherhaloguy1
anotherhaloguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anotherhaloguy1
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
Sorry cows but im goung to have to agree with the TC. I coudn't even fin the demo because I got kinda bored with it.:?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

I hate everything that isn't on 360, and you must all know that.

Reyes360

There, summarized for everyone.

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BlazeDragon132
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

Chutebox

Woman >Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii. You should have a name of a hotchick instead of a console TC:P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

BlazeDragon132

Woman >Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii. You should have a name of a hotchick instead of a console TC:P

Um, not following. I'm a dude by the way haha. wtf is "console TC?"

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BlazeDragon132
TC means topic creater, it was meant for him
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
if aaron reviews it. its gonna be 8.0.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

TC means topic creater, it was meant for him BlazeDragon132

ah, ok.

B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
Bad AI? When I ran out of ammo one of the bad guys yelled "he's out of ammo" and rushed me...that seems like good AI to me
xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
TC quit trying to act like youve played the demo, which you obviously havent.