Uncharted Movie is no more

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I like the games but not quite sure what is the point of an Uncharted movie really so no loss.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts

Good. It would've sucked.

There are more planned movies based on games. I hope they all die.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22956 Posts

Wait... But I've seen 5 uncharted movies... Even got to tap buttons in a few of them!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56399 Posts

I love Uncharted games but I don't see the point in making a movie about it.

Uncharted is great as a game because it's an interactive Indiana Jones homage of some sorts. You take out the gameplay element and all you have left is the typical adventure movie with a wisecracking protagonist. I can't see how an Uncharted movie can stand out as something unique when its story, settings and characters are basically a lot of movie cliches/formula rolled into one.

It might have a chance if the Drake role goes out to someone with enough charisma to carry the movie and make it stand out from the other action/adventure franchises.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#55 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@coasterguy65 said:

Hmm I wonder if Ghostbusters bombing caused the Uncharted Movie to loose funding? Well probably better anyway. Video game movies tend to suck. Plus I've already seen Nathan Drake and the Last Crusade. It was really good, but the Temple of Doom one was sort of crappy.

Wait, WTF? Ok, maybe the Crystal Skull can be seriously criticized, but the original 3 Indy movies Shit on most action movies, and Raiders of the Lost Ark is the action movie by which ALL action movies are measured by.

How old are you? This feels like that scene in Civil War when Spidey says "Hey guys, do you know that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?"

The Temple of Doom comment was sort of a joke, but it is definitely the weakest of the original 3 movies.

On a side note, yes Crystal Skull can be seriously criticized. It was pretty much a steaming pile of crap. Hell I can barely stand watching it to this day. Hell I barely consider it to be an Indiana Jones movie. Unlike Temple which has grown to be seen as more positive now than when it released. Most sane people still look at Crystal Skull as crap.

What Temple lacked was the globe trotting, for many. It was centralized outside of the opening scene in India. It's still a classic imo. But yes, not the ALL TIME classic that 1%3 are. I was 12 when temple came out. It was not received badly. It was a hit.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@coasterguy65 said:

Hmm I wonder if Ghostbusters bombing caused the Uncharted Movie to loose funding? Well probably better anyway. Video game movies tend to suck. Plus I've already seen Nathan Drake and the Last Crusade. It was really good, but the Temple of Doom one was sort of crappy.

Wait, WTF? Ok, maybe the Crystal Skull can be seriously criticized, but the original 3 Indy movies Shit on most action movies, and Raiders of the Lost Ark is the action movie by which ALL action movies are measured by.

How old are you? This feels like that scene in Civil War when Spidey says "Hey guys, do you know that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?"

The Temple of Doom comment was sort of a joke, but it is definitely the weakest of the original 3 movies.

On a side note, yes Crystal Skull can be seriously criticized. It was pretty much a steaming pile of crap. Hell I can barely stand watching it to this day. Hell I barely consider it to be an Indiana Jones movie. Unlike Temple which has grown to be seen as more positive now than when it released. Most sane people still look at Crystal Skull as crap.

What Temple lacked was the globe trotting, for many. It was centralized outside of the opening scene in India. It's still a classic imo. But yes, not the ALL TIME classic that 1%3 are. I was 12 when temple came out. It was not received badly. It was a hit.

Well yeah that, and also Kate Capshaw's Willie was a massively annoying character, and the kid that played Short Round could also grate on your nerves.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@coasterguy65 said:

I want to go watch Indiana jones now.

Does knowing that Temple of Doom released 34 years ago make you feel old? :p (It does for me, I was 14 when it came out)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Shame

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: There won't be a sequel, they're rebooting it once again with new actors and universe instead of the original plan of keeping Andrew Garfield and whatever plans they had to introduce the Sinister Six, all of it was scrapped because the last two Amazing Spider-Man weren't that amazing since Sony are in charge. Now Marvel has their hands on Spider-Man's "homecoming", the franchise should be better.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

It would have been such trash as a movie, so this is a blessing.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@GarGx1: False....UC4 was released.

The UC movie is a tangible thing now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Would of been bad anyway, nothing special about the characters or universe ... it would of been a tacky action movie with a try-hard cast.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

I don´t understand why would anyone would want to do an Uncharted movie. The game is already the best thing you can do with that story so it would only dumb it down.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#64 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@GarGx1:

Most movie from games tend to suck anyway. It was gonna be a Hollywood Uncharted, not our Uncharted.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@GarGx1: False....UC4 was released.

The UC movie is a tangible thing now.

What has Uncharted 4 got to with the Uncharted movie? It's not like the sales of 1, 2 and 3 made it any less tangible, so why would 4 make it more so?

They don't even have a script, with the guy hired for it now working on Bad Boys 3. It's a non event.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

That is probably the worst game to make into a movie.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

That is probably the worst game to make into a movie.

Because it's already a movie,right?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@MonsieurX: The game has far more gameplay then cutscenes so I never got the criticism. It's not like there's loads of these games in comparison to other genres.

The point is the story was told very well with little room for interpretation. Not to mention nobody wants to see Mark Walberg play Nathan Drake.