Uncharted 4 open mp beta

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Just found out that Uncharted 4 is having a multiplayer beta right now until Sunday. Its open to everyone, not just people who got the drake collection. Thought some people might be interested, cheers. The download is about 7 gb

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/01/uncharted-4-multiplayer-stress-test-this-weekend/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I let my PS+ lapse last month, so I haven't been able to play this.

Not like I care much either way, Uncharted multiplayer is whatever, far as I am concerned.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Its a stress test, and it is definitely being tested lol. When you aren't constantly being attacked by connection issues its pretty fun.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

lol PSN crash incoming

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zidaneski

@charizard1605: I don't think PS+ is necessary.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Eh, I rarely play Uncharted for the multiplayer, so I can wait till May

EDIT: Downloading lol

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aigis

@charizard1605 said:

Uncharted multiplayer is whatever, far as I am concerned.

Ya I agree, though it is cool to see some of the mechanics being used that will probably be in sp too like the grappling hook

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Not like I care much either way, Uncharted multiplayer is whatever, far as I am concerned.

You don't need PS+ to play this, I don't have PS+ either but I've been playing it.

I'm loving it so far, it's more simplistic like Uncharted 2 and TLOU multiplayer instead of what they did with Uncharted 3. The grappling hook is cool and they made the shooting feel better. What impresses me the most though is the animation. It's not surprising considering what we've already seen about the game, but the movement is just so smooth. As an uncharted fan who put many hours into Uncharted 2 multiplayer and some into Uncharted 3 multiplayer, they definitely did the multiplayer justice IMO.

Can't wait :).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Zidaneski said:

Wait, seriously?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Still plays as well as it did in the closed beta. It's fun. As I've stated many times before, if the gunplay in the multiplayer is anything to go by, the single player will play alright.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Dayum, okay, I'm going to go download this right away then!

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aigis

@charizard1605 said:
@Zidaneski said:

Wait, seriously?

can confirm, quoted from the linked article:

"a PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to participate"

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zidaneski

I also like the new melee system, Charge up your melee or do a 3 hit melee as opposed to the 2 hit melee system in the past, Plus cooldowns on rolling and jumping stops the zigzagging crap from Uncharted 3...I hope.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

This beta has me seriously excited for the full game. I haven't seen third person shooting and movement this good since the release of Max Payne 3.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Looks like they've learned from the Last of Us in terms of making the guns feel good to shoot.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@moistcarrot said:

Looks like they've learned from the Last of Us in terms of making the guns feel good to shoot.

Yeah, there's definately more weight behind your shots. Shooting your enemy actually feels satisfying. Loving the fluid movement too.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Played it, got bored quite fast. I look forward to the single player though.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

too lazy to turn on ps4. I'll just wait till the game comes out

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I'd rather experience it in all its glory on release date,

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Here's how I see it. If more people play it and stress the network enough, the better it launch will be.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Heil68

@Zero_epyon said:
@Heil68 said:

Here's how I see it. If more people play it and stress the network enough, the better it launch will be.

I do see that point, but how many games have you seen who have a stress test still have issues at launch? Plus tbo, I suck at the MP, I suppose if I put the time in I could swing the k/d ratio up, but Uncharted to me has always been a SP experience.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Played a bunch of the alpha and was disgustingly involved in both the UC2 and UC3 MP scenes. Sadly, I've been booted for connectivity reasons for pretty much the entire open beta, though I did manage about 6-7 full games early yesterday.

Gunplay is decent, but there is still work that needs doing. Each gun in TLOU had a certain amount of give-and-take regarding its strategic value and situational worth, but each felt satisfactory to use and responded appropriately with the player's intention. UC4's guns are a bit too much on the spray-and-pray side and even when you select a weapon for a certain situational role, those roles are too constrained to allow for versatility (i.e. being able to successfully fend off a shotgun rusher with a sniper in close quarters - which could be skillfully achieved in both UC3 and TLOU). So there will need to be some significant tweaking. It's also unfortunate that you can only use the preset loadouts currently - the alpha allowed you to customize loadouts ala TLOU, which made play far better.

The open beta is not the best foot forward for UC4, so reserve judgment for the final product. The one conceptual element that still agrieves me is the use of sidekicks, so hopefully ND can tweak them to give them more importance or provide a playlist where the kickbacks are disabled.

I'm actually far more interested to see what ND does with its online co-op - both adventure and arena were superb modes and interacted quite meaningfully with the meta. 343i tried to do something similar with Halo 4 by contextualizing co-op modes within the SP reference frame, though their effort was far more canonical than ND's. UC3, for example, had you run an alternate story (split across 6 challenge maps) through some of the same environments as the SP campaign, but it never implicated the story events to suggest the adventure mode was anything more than a silly romp with some degree of narrative cohesion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Im jumping in late tonight. But yeah, not like im buying the game for mp

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I let my PS+ lapse last month

You should be fired from your moderator position for this........That's asinine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GoldenElementXL said:
@charizard1605 said:

You should be fired from your moderator position for this........That's asinine.

No, PS+ is shit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68

@GoldenElementXL said:
@charizard1605 said:

I wondered do you get all past PSN+ games you got back once you re-subscribe or do you loose them? I wasnt sure so I made sure to reup in time. But I wouldn't let Live/PSN expire anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@charizard1605 said:

I wondered do you get all past PSN+ games you got back once you re-subscribe or do you loose them? I wasnt sure so I made sure to reup in time. But I wouldn't let Live/PSN expire anyways.

You get them back. You also get your cloud saves back.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@charizard1605 said:

You get access to them again when you resubscribe. You simply can't play them without a current subscription.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@charizard1605 said:

ohhh..never thought about cloud saves...but you save locally with PS4 games too or can pick which ones to save in cloud. I wonder if it still saves locally because if you have lots of time in a game and cant get your save back unless you resubscribe, that's not right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@charizard1605 said:

ohhh..never thought about cloud saves...but you save locally with PS4 games too or can pick which ones to save in cloud. I wonder if it still saves locally because if you have lots of time in a game and cant get your save back unless you resubscribe, that's not right.

That's what happened with my Vita games last year lol. It was the reason I ended up resubbing eventually.

I might resub again this year too. But I'll do it when I feel the need to. Right now, I don't. I don't play online much, and the free games are no longer doing it for me.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

It's a lot better IMO than 2 and 3. Minimap, custom loadouts, putting perks and boosters on your loadout as well. Very teambased as they added in a revive system. It basically plays like a faster paced Last of Us Factions than Uncharted.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jcrame10

@XVision84 said:
@charizard1605 said:

You don't need PS+ to play this, I don't have PS+ either but I've been playing it.

I'm loving it so far, it's more simplistic like Uncharted 2 and TLOU multiplayer instead of what they did with Uncharted 3. The grappling hook is cool and they made the shooting feel better. What impresses me the most though is the animation. It's not surprising considering what we've already seen about the game, but the movement is just so smooth. As an uncharted fan who put many hours into Uncharted 2 multiplayer and some into Uncharted 3 multiplayer, they definitely did the multiplayer justice IMO.

Can't wait :).

This is good to hear. While i personally love it, I know quite a few people who are hating on it because it feels more like TLOU than Uncharted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jcrame10 said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's a lot better IMO than 2 and 3. Minimap, custom loadouts, putting perks and boosters on your loadout as well. Very teambased as they added in a revive system. It basically plays like a faster paced Last of Us Factions than Uncharted.

I finished the download about five minutes ago haha. Gonna give it a play later, it's late here right now. I never played TLOU multi (I know, I know...), but I hear good things about it, so hearing this is based more on that gives me some confidence.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jcrame10

@charizard1605 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I finished the download about five minutes ago haha. Gonna give it a play later, it's late here right now. I never played TLOU multi (I know, I know...), but I hear good things about it, so hearing this is based more on that gives me some confidence.

I can imagine for you it may be a little struggling at first because its pretty in depth like TLOU, but dont give up keep playing. Its really rewarding and matches are really fun in parties, especially when the teams are going head to head. Playing this just came so natural for me because i have over 30 days logged into Factions on PS4 (that and Rainbow Six Siege are pretty much my only shooters right now), so this was just a natural progression for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jcrame10 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I can imagine for you it may be a little struggling at first because its pretty in depth like TLOU, but dont give up keep playing. Its really rewarding and matches are really fun in parties, especially when the teams are going head to head. Playing this just came so natural for me because i have over 30 days logged into Factions on PS4 (that and Rainbow Six Siege are pretty much my only shooters right now), so this was just a natural progression for me.

Yeah, I won't give up right away, definitely. You know when the beta period ends?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jcrame10

@charizard1605: It started at 12 PM EST yesterday and I believe it ends Sunday at midnight EST. They just announced this beta like a week ago. Add me if you want to party up, I'm usually playing with people. underthegun897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jcrame10 said:

@charizard1605: It started at 12 PM EST yesterday and I believe it ends Sunday at midnight EST. They just announced this beta like a week ago. Add me if you want to party up, I'm usually playing with people. underthegun897

Alright, I'll send you an invite later! If you're up late (time zones...), we should be able to get a few games in

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jcrame10

@charizard1605: im in eastern time, but its the weekend so ill probably be up til at least 1 or so. Not goin out tonight as Im still recovering from last night lol

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Naughty Dog always does solid MP. It just get overshadowed (and rightfully so) by their great single player.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol why do they even bother? that shit will be dead in a month. no one cares about uncharted's multiplayer and the reception to the last beta was pretty meh.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I have been enjoying it, but yeah this is really just a stress test. You don't get to customize anything or choose load outs. The game feels so smooth the animations are top notch. I didn't really expect to have this level of animation in multiplayer. Sadly the single player will have more oumf but will never feel this smooth at 30fps.

@Basinboy: I agree the sidekicks stuff don't really fit at least not in death-match. Perhaps maybe they will be a mode where they fit. Death-match is already chaotic and in you face to begin with. I like the new map Rooftops or whatever its called. The platforming.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

they said that you dont need PSN subscription

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@mems_1224:

After 4 years, there still an audience for Uncharted 3 MP.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

It's really fun, like a more fast paced The Last of Us multiplayer. The movement and gunplay rivals MGSV with how good it feels to play. Love how vertical the new map is:

Loading Video...

^ Not my video, but that person does a good job of using the vertical map to their advantage. Also, dat rope swinging:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68

@kratosyoloswag:

That looks really good! I have a feeling the player count will move on to next game quickly. Seems no MP game can hold gamers for any amount of time these days outside of COD...for consoles that is. Even Halo 5 fell out of top 5 most MP game played within 3 weeks on Live.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Heil68 said:

I do see that point, but how many games have you seen who have a stress test still have issues at launch? Plus tbo, I suck at the MP, I suppose if I put the time in I could swing the k/d ratio up, but Uncharted to me has always been a SP experience.

i guess that's a fair point too. And yeah I'm certainly getting UC4 for the SP. But I usually give the MP a go. I tried it and it was pretty smooth. KO's while they're down are just as satisfying as TLOU.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68

@Zero_epyon said:
@Heil68 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Heil68 said:

i guess that's a fair point too. And yeah I'm certainly getting UC4 for the SP. But I usually give the MP a go. I tried it and it was pretty smooth. KO's while they're down are just as satisfying as TLOU.

I remember trying U2 MP with Champ and a few other GUFU members and I died like 19 times 1 round. XD

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Loading Video...

Cheap sidekick.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Dont you get bored with games when you play too much of the beta?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

It got old real fast. Not my thing.