Uncharted 4 Dev Flaunts New Milestone in Face Animation

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:

Yay! At least drakes face will be pretty as we look at his back during all the mediocre gunplay, QTE's, super linear levels, and terrible "puzzles". :D

Yeah , so lets make his face a blurry circle and who cares how hell look like in cutscenes ...oh wait i forgot , you dont know what cutscenes are , not such thing in Nintendo games , its all about gameplay!

Hey if I want to watch a movie I'll go watch a movie. It will have a better story than the shit sony's come up with lately.

I love watching cutscenes if they are top notch than reading wall of texts in story heavy games while im having a gameplay blast in between. Some others dont even bother to have voice acting let alone cutscenes in their games ... yes in 2015. Cheapies

Why don't you go pay through the order again then instead of reading all these forum posts? See you back here in 4 hours. ;)

Why dont you play ... wait ... you dont have anything new play do you ? Waiting for games ... Zelda and Xeno etc ...Wait , after that what is left ? Buy a new console ... Right .. lol !

In meanwhile ill be playing heavy story games like

Metal Gear Solid 5

Final Fantasy 15

Witcher 3

Grand Theft auto 5

and many many more that yes , missing from Wii U

Try beat that ! Now excuse me i need to play some more GTA5 for PC ,,, you go watch some videos/screenshots of Zelda and wait to play and after Zelda and few more Wii U games go buy some more platforms , spend some cash and let Wii U collect some dust like you did with Wii .

Let the heavy story games for people that enjoying it , you go play ... well .. wait to play i guess or buy few more platforms because Wii U will never be enough , you know it beforehand like Nintendos CEO himself does already

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:

Yay! At least drakes face will be pretty as we look at his back during all the mediocre gunplay, QTE's, super linear levels, and terrible "puzzles". :D

Yeah , so lets make his face a blurry circle and who cares how hell look like in cutscenes ...oh wait i forgot , you dont know what cutscenes are , not such thing in Nintendo games , its all about gameplay!

Hey if I want to watch a movie I'll go watch a movie. It will have a better story than the shit sony's come up with lately.

I love watching cutscenes if they are top notch than reading wall of texts in story heavy games while im having a gameplay blast in between. Some others dont even bother to have voice acting let alone cutscenes in their games ... yes in 2015. Cheapies

Why don't you go pay through the order again then instead of reading all these forum posts? See you back here in 4 hours. ;)

Why dont you play ... wait ... you dont have anything to new play do you ? Waiting for games ... Zelda and Xeno etc ...Wait , after that what is left ? Buy a new console ... Right .. lol !

Metal Gear Solid 5

Final Fantasy 15

Witcher 3

Grand Theft auto 5

Try beat that ! Now excuse me i need to play some more GTA5 for PC ,,, you go watch some videos/screenshots of Zelda and wait to play and after Zelda and few more Wii U games go buy some more platforms , spend some cash and let Wii U collect some dust like you did with Wii

I've still got smash mario kart and I still have my PC which is more than capable of playing multiplats.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@hello505 said:

And Gears of War doesn't have QTEs.

Loading Video...

Yes it does. Even if it's a little bit.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By AzatiS

@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:

Why dont you play ... wait ... you dont have anything to new play do you ? Waiting for games ... Zelda and Xeno etc ...Wait , after that what is left ? Buy a new console ... Right .. lol !

Metal Gear Solid 5

Final Fantasy 15

Witcher 3

Grand Theft auto 5

Try beat that ! Now excuse me i need to play some more GTA5 for PC ,,, you go watch some videos/screenshots of Zelda and wait to play and after Zelda and few more Wii U games go buy some more platforms , spend some cash and let Wii U collect some dust like you did with Wii

I've still got smash mario kart and I still have my PC which is more than capable of playing multiplats.

Oh ok , you have a second platform ... Hypocrite to the death ! You see , PS4 has it all ! Wii U aint , you need a second platform to play with while ... waiting. Pathetic You proved me right with that very last statement of being owner of more than 1 platform. Thats what im saying to sheep all along

From PS4 vs Wii U became PS4 vs WiiU AND PC ... hahaha.... Way to go sheep ... I love it when you proving me right

So lets summarize : Your Wii U will collecting dust while waiting for games while youll be playing with your PC ! At the same time PS4 owners will be busy either way , PC or not ! hohoho .. What im saying all this time you just proved it ! You see , it was easy to accept it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@bobrossperm said:

Competition from Uncharted will pretty much garuntee they will pull it off. I'm interested in this more experienced new Lara than the battered College kid in the 2013 release. I expect it to be a superior game in every way.

Fully agree.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By inb4uall

@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:

Metal Gear Solid 5

Final Fantasy 15

Witcher 3

Grand Theft auto 5

Oh ok , you have a second platform ... Hypocrite to the death ! You see , PS4 has it all ! Wii U aint , you need a second platform to play with while ... waiting. Pathetic You proved me right with that very last statement of being owner of more than 1 platform. From PS4 vs Wii U because PS4 vs WiiU AND PC ... hahaha.... Way to go sheep ...

I said in that thread I had a PC, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita. I don't own a xbone or a PS4 because they have nothing to make them worth owning at this point in time. Clearly you have trouble with reading comprehension. I'm sorry to see I made you so butt hurt in the thread that you had to bring it up once again in this one. I'll repeat what I said in that other thread as well. I'm not the entire gaming population. I'm little more than anecdotal evidence for your argument. You're argument is still flawed beyond that too. You think that owning a PC means that a Wii U is not enough to be a persons sole platform? I own a PC as well. I guess that must mean that the PC isn't good enough as a stand alone platform ether. It has more games across more genres than any playstation could ever hope too. Now this converstation is over. I already had this exact conversation with you in that other thread. Obviously you couldn't get it through your thick skull then so any effort on my part to explain anything to you is clearly wasted. I'm done talking to you.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

In Naughty Gods we trust.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Impressive. Hopefully they'll be able achieve what they are aiming for in real time.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AzatiS

@inb4uall said:
@AzatiS said:
@inb4uall said:

Oh ok , you have a second platform ... Hypocrite to the death ! You see , PS4 has it all ! Wii U aint , you need a second platform to play with while ... waiting. Pathetic You proved me right with that very last statement of being owner of more than 1 platform. From PS4 vs Wii U because PS4 vs WiiU AND PC ... hahaha.... Way to go sheep ...

I said in that thread I had a PC, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita. I don't own a xbone or a PS4 because they have nothing to make them worth owning at this point in time. Clearly you have trouble with reading comprehension. I'm sorry to see I made you so butt hurt in the thread that you had to bring it up once again in this one. I'll repeat what I said in that other thread as well. I'm not the entire gaming population. I'm little more than anecdotal evidence for your argument. You're argument is still flawed beyond that too. You think that owning a PC means that a Wii U is not enough to be a persons sole platform? I own a PC as well. I guess that must mean that the PC isn't good enough as a stand alone platform ether. It has more games across more genres than any playstation could ever hope too. Now this converstation is over. I already had this exact conversation with you in that other thread. Obviously you couldn't get it through your thick skull then so any effort on my part to explain anything to you is clearly wasted. I'm done talking to you.

I dont care what you said ... My point is Nintendo consoles are secondary consoles ... They are NEVER enough ! So when you make fun of other consoles but in the meantime you own some of them or you gaming on more than 2-3 platforms at the same time while those you make fun of can easily stand as a primary and not secondary platform ... Then you are an hypocrite. Big one , you and all other sheep that doing this.

So , again , Wii U AND PC vs PS4 ? Yeah , you might win this with that perspective. And that right there was my point to begin with , Wii U like Wii was never enough whatever you trying to say like PS4 has no games , noone cares about heavy story games , wth with this and that ... all of you hypocrites ending up playing those games and letting your "Favorite" console collecting dust. That wont change with Wii U. Its keep playing or wait to play. Wisely you choose the first therefore you own a PC but defending Wii U about it ... pffff. Thats the hypocrisy im talking about

So you felt to the trap ... When you started to lose the games argument you came up with ... I own a PC as well ... Well , thnx proving my point all im saying.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#60 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Heil68 said:

In Naughty Gods we trust.

lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Such a good role model of a face.

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

They might as well announce it's a movie. Seriously, who gives a shit if he has more bones in his face?! I wonder if they'll ever make a game I can play for more than five minutes without feeling like I'm playing console trash that has almost no game play. But at least you can see the subtle emotions and cheek lines in Nathan's face...

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

naughty gods are the ones that can push consoles untill then hermits should be quiet!

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I guess from those statements 60FPS is all but confirmed now then, shame I would rather have frame rate than extra details you won't get to see 90% of the time.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@inb4uall: What dumbass would buy the first two games knowing they didn't enjoy them and then buy the third only to never play it.

Your opinion is garbage Uncharted is among one of the highest TPS series ever.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AzatiS

@lglz1337 said:

naughty gods are the ones that can push consoles untill then hermits should be quiet!

As a PC gamer i have to say that Uncharted 4 was pretty impressive and felt like a true next-gen title for consoles in every aspect of graphics / physics etc etc ...

But THAT good in order to make hermits like me shut it , dont think so. PC is the master race afterall ( look GTA5 for example .. )

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 inb4uall

@AM-Gamer said:

@inb4uall: What dumbass would buy the first two games knowing they didn't enjoy them and then buy the third only to never play it.

Your opinion is garbage Uncharted is among one of the highest TPS series ever.

Bought all three together on a black friday sale. And no, the series is terrible and over hyped as shit.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Great, now they just need to release a good game, something they've not done since the PS2.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

There are not 300 bones I'm the human body ,let alone the face. What is wrong with Naughty Dog?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@inb4uall said:

:D I like ND....but please, use them Brains to make something new.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Naughty Dogs interpretation of anatomy of the human head confuses me.

Firstly the human head had a total of 28 bones

Secondly facial expression is done through contracting and releasing muscles not 'bones'

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

More playstation face simulators.

@lglz1337 said:

I'm sure pushing PS4 to 20 average fps on low/medium (Witcher3) is making Cows squeal well enough.

The system doesn't do so hot when there aren't many smoke or corridors to hide behind.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15571 Posts

k?

Who honestly cares? This isn't going to make a difference anywhere but the cutscenes.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@inb4uall said:

AAA series. cry more

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Impressive. Hopefully they'll be able achieve what they are aiming for in real time.

I think these animations will be cutscene bound, but I think those cutscenes are in real time for this game. But I think they are making combat animations and shitt like that more realistic than they could on PS3, because there's more memory now obviously.

@GarGx1 said:

Naughty Dogs interpretation of anatomy of the human head confuses me.

Firstly the human head had a total of 28 bones

Secondly facial expression is done through contracting and releasing muscles not 'bones'

Thats animation bones in the engine, not real life simulated bones as in a skull. For example theres over 200 real bones in a real life human being. In this game there are over 700 animation joints or whatever they're calling it.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Funny how cows going loopy over a tech demo...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#77 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

All that at an amazing next-gen 30fps!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@bobrossperm: Just spent a bit of time reading up on this, animation has never been a strong point for me. It's actually really interesting and at least I understand why they use the word "bone" for skeletal animation now.

Also bumped into this video, which I thought was pretty cool

Loading Video...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@inb4uall said:

AAA series. cry more

do you mean in terms of budget? because it's not AAA rated here

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BobRossPerm
@GarGx1 said:

@bobrossperm: Just spent a bit of time reading up on this, animation has never been a strong point for me. It's actually really interesting and at least I understand why they use the word "bone" for skeletal animation now.

Also bumped into this video, which I thought was pretty cool

Loading Video...

I don't even understand this shit but it's extremely impressive what graphics artists are doing animation wise lately. How does moving one of the joints make the muscles around the face contract and shit? They must have pre programmed that to happen before hand. Clever.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@inb4uall: Its one of the best TPS games ever. Stay salty.

Who the **** likes a game just because it's exclusive? It's the exclusives that dictates your platform of choice dumbass.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BobRossPerm

We know it will look good, what I want to know is how they are going to evolve the gameplay. I hear they are doing so, but in practice, how? The gameplay demo was definately more open, but how scripted was that sequence? I'd like more paths to take and explorable maze like levels. These are the obvious evolution steps to take the franchise. A new gen can't be just the same shit, something has to be different. But whatever, From Software have gotten away with copy pasta gameplay into this gen. Still I would much rather gameplay be pretty much revamped from scratch for Uncharted 4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

We know it will look good, what I want to know is how they are going to evolve the gameplay. I hear they are doing so, but in practice, how? The gameplay demo was definately more open, but how scripted was that sequence? I'd like more paths to take and explorable maze like levels. These are the obvious evolution steps to take the franchise. A new gen can't be just the same shit, something has to be different. But whatever, From Software have gotten away with copy pasta gameplay into this gen. Still I would much rather gameplay be pretty much revamped from scratch for Uncharted 4.

Naughty Dog tends to focus on a new IP with each gen. Uncharted was such a well-received series it is getting 8th gen treatment, but I'd expect this is the series last hurrah before they move on to whatever that thing is they are talking to NASA about.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BobRossPerm
@Shewgenja said:
@bobrossperm said:

Naughty Dog tends to focus on a new IP with each gen. Uncharted was such a well-received series it is getting 8th gen treatment, but I'd expect this is the series last hurrah before they move on to whatever that thing is they are talking to NASA about.

NASA? Oh God, Naughty Dog are going Sci Fi. Probably narrative driven like Interstellar. Terrific movie btw.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

More games with pretty faces and worse than last gen everything else?

I hate movie games but I hope it's a good game for those who like them.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Naughty Dog threads never fail to amuse. There will always be chaos with the release of a new ND game.

Uncharted 4 looks fantastic, the demo they showed had masterclass level design that looked like a ton of fun to play in. To think that was only a very early level (maybe even the first gunfight in the whole game), makes me excited thinking about what else they have in store. Graphics looked amazing as well for a game that was in pre-alpha, they were probably right about it being a thing that they shouldn't show since it's too early.

RAD needs to take note on how to make cinematic games. Their design philosophy is completely opposite to what Naughty Dog is doing. The player is almost always in control of Drake, no matter what is going on onscreen.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 inb4uall

@AM-Gamer said:

@inb4uall: Its one of the best TPS games ever. Stay salty.

Who the **** likes a game just because it's exclusive? It's the exclusives that dictates your platform of choice dumbass.

No that's the way it should work. Unfortunately thats not the way fanboys work. Also the only reason I would be salty is for wasting $45 on four overhyped games.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I cant wait to see more of this game at E3, also be interesting to see "dem downgrades" that will eventually happen to get the game running at 30fps, dips into the early 20's.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#89 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If only facial animation made a game fun.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Man thank god they are working on the face tech, and not like you know making a more interesting playing game at this point. I quite enjoy Naughty Dog's stuff, to the point I would easily argue The Last of Us is great and Uncharted 2 pretty good (and unlike people on this forum, I don't give freebie points for production value), but they have a tendency to make games that are straight up devoid of any originality and that's a bit of a turn off. I'm sure Uncharted 4 can't be as dull and disappointing as Uncharted 3.

But between this game, another Tomb Raider, and eventually another Gears of War, and what Quantom Break looks like it all comes down to a reality where the third person shooter looks fucking pathetic going forward. Even the FPS genre during its "lame" "consolized" period had gems like Cryostasis, Crysis, Shadow of Chernobyl, Tribes Ascend, Metro series to really stick out in that genre. Third person shooters? Sans Vanquish no one has actually done anything interesting in the gameplay front. Binary Domain and Spec Ops The Line got by on personality (BD) and a well executed plot (Spec Ops).

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@clyde46 said:

You say that as if, if hermits don't do that more than any other group of gamers lol the irony. I see hermits quote tech demos for graphics more than any other group so if it's good enough for da masta race it should be cool for others as well.

Stop the hypocrisy.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BobRossPerm
@jg4xchamp said:

Man thank god they are working on the face tech, and not like you know making a more interesting playing game at this point. I quite enjoy Naughty Dog's stuff, to the point I would easily argue The Last of Us is great and Uncharted 2 pretty good (and unlike people on this forum, I don't give freebie points for production value), but they have a tendency to make games that are straight up devoid of any originality and that's a bit of a turn off. I'm sure Uncharted 4 can't be as dull and disappointing as Uncharted 3.

But between this game, another Tomb Raider, and eventually another Gears of War, and what Quantom Break looks like it all comes down to a reality where the third person shooter looks fucking pathetic going forward. Even the FPS genre during its "lame" "consolized" period had gems like Cryostasis, Crysis, Shadow of Chernobyl, Tribes Ascend, Metro series to really stick out in that genre. Third person shooters? Sans Vanquish no one has actually done anything interesting in the gameplay front. Binary Domain and Spec Ops The Line got by on personality (BD) and a well executed plot (Spec Ops).

What do you want to see from the third person shooter genre? What specifically do you think is lacking as of now?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@playharderfool said:
@clyde46 said:

You say that as if, if hermits don't do that more than any other group of gamers lol the irony. I see hermits quote tech demos for graphics more than any other group so if it's good enough for da masta race it should be cool for others as well.

Stop the hypocrisy.

what tech demos do they quote?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

If only facial animation made a game fun.

But teh movie goodness!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@jg4xchamp said:

What do you want to see from the third person shooter genre? What specifically do you think is lacking as of now?

Newer things, more novel ideas for starters?

Why am I still seeing another round of cover shooters or shoulder shooters. How about games that have the gameplay variety of Resident Evil 4? Which one of those upcoming games will flaunt that? Where is someone trying to take something like Shadow Complex and turn it into a third person game. Nintendo clearly showed you can do Super Metroid in first person, why hasn't someone made an attempt to do it in third person?

Why is it that 2 gens ago when Oni and Enter the Matrix sucked, no one thought, hey lets do that, but not shit and make a shooter with an emphasis on melee combat. Devil's Third could be that, not ruling it out, but it seems weird that Kill.Switch a largely shitty game was somehow able to influence Gears of War (good game), Uncharted 2, and eventually The Last of Us(great game).

How about less regenerating health?
How about less 2 weapon limits?
Why the hell did Max Payne 3 even have a 3 weapon limit?

How about more open world third person shooters that are sandbox games, and less glorified linear action games in a hub world.

Where as the TPS equivalent of a Metro or Stalker?

Where is the TPS equivalent of Deus Ex? Real Deus Ex with a larger amount of variables and options for the player to tackle a situation. And not the binary level design that The Last of Us and Uncharted have going for them.

Where is the TPS game built on speed besides Vanquish?

So yeah that's part one, the big issue I have is that they are all samey. We used to get third person action games that were wildly different, to the point that the control schemes were different. Nowadays, it's more or less the same control scheme, because it's more or less the same game.

Larger issues? Pacing, variety is usually lacking, way too much of an emphasis on scripting as opposed to free form gameplay (the most recent Tomb Raider constantly got in its own way), how about more adventury games where the character just happens to know how to shoot shit (Tomb Raider for instance is more shooter than adventure game). Champ's inability to come up with a brand spanking new idea, shouldn't overrule that an industry filled with nothing but far more creative people should be able to come up with some new twists to that genre.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 BobRossPerm
@jg4xchamp said:

Newer things, more novel ideas for starters?

Why am I still seeing another round of cover shooters or shoulder shooters. How about games that have the gameplay variety of Resident Evil 4? Which one of those upcoming games will flaunt that? Where is someone trying to take something like Shadow Complex and turn it into a third person game. Nintendo clearly showed you can do Super Metroid in first person, why hasn't someone made an attempt to do it in third person?

Why is it that 2 gens ago when Oni and Enter the Matrix sucked, no one thought, hey lets do that, but not shit and make a shooter with an emphasis on melee combat. Devil's Third could be that, not ruling it out, but it seems weird that Kill.Switch a largely shitty game was somehow able to influence Gears of War (good game), Uncharted 2, and eventually The Last of Us(great game).

How about less regenerating health?

How about less 2 weapon limits?

Why the hell did Max Payne 3 even have a 3 weapon limit?

How about more open world third person shooters that are sandbox games, and less glorified linear action games in a hub world.

Where as the TPS equivalent of a Metro or Stalker?

Where is the TPS equivalent of Deus Ex? Real Deus Ex with a larger amount of variables and options for the player to tackle a situation. And not the binary level design that The Last of Us and Uncharted have going for them.

Where is the TPS game built on speed besides Vanquish?

So yeah that's part one, the big issue I have is that they are all samey. We used to get third person action games that were wildly different, to the point that the control schemes were different. Nowadays, it's more or less the same control scheme, because it's more or less the same game.

Larger issues? Pacing, variety is usually lacking, way too much of an emphasis on scripting as opposed to free form gameplay (the most recent Tomb Raider constantly got in its own way), how about more adventury games where the character just happens to know how to shoot shit (Tomb Raider for instance is more shooter than adventure game). Champ's inability to come up with a brand spanking new idea, shouldn't overrule that an industry filled with nothing but far more creative people should be able to come up with some new twists to that genre.

Shit, I know what you mean. The TPS genre is really small and for some reason it's largely based on what Gears Of War did almost 10 years ago. Where is a TPS game like Crysis 1 where you can actually explore the open level and manipulate objects in real time without scripted animations? Yeah I get you. The genre is currently limited to one type of thing and that is the linear cover based narrative focused shooter. I agree, change the record. Though I don't know how some of your ideas will translate into a concept like Uncharted. The best we can hope for is for them to expand on what they have already established and perhaps make levels fully explorable.

Also I don't think I was ever more suprised that Nintendo managed to successfully make Metroid into a first person shooter lol. Why not make a Metroid like game in third person with incredible sense of exploration and interconnected levels? With top tier shooting mechanics and a cool setting? I'd be all over it. It's like the most untapped genre in gaming.

I am looking forward to Uncharted 4, but I do hope shit is changed up in the game. I still want the epic set pieces when they come by, but I also want a dynamic gameplay experience I can call my own in between the main events. So basically treat the set pieces like boss battles, make it as interesting as possible.

I'm also under the impression that Uncharted 4 may actually be getting explorable levels:

Those platforms and cave entrances in the distance might be accessible. It's at least hope that they are actually expanding the game and level design rather than creating Uncharted 2.5. The fact that they panned the camera to view this area might even be Naughty Dog indicating just that.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Why don't they just focus on making it run 60fps?