Uncharted 4 and The Order surpass any PC games graphically.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

E3 is over and we've all got a taste of what's coming soon on PC and consoles. Have to admit there are so many impressive games shown this year it's a very prospering future for everyone. Games like Driveclub, AC Unity, Batman, The Witcher 3, Division and even COD advanced Warfare have consistently wowed me for their respective graphical features. But non of them has displayed the sheer level of graphical oomph as Uncharted 4 and The Order have. Those two games are on another level, more so for Uncharted 4. They can easily be mistaken as CGI but are rendered realtime. What really propel them ahead of the rest are not super resolution or fps, but the astonishingly pristine lighting, shadowing, skin shaders, intricate details, complex materials, post processing balance and last but not the least, life like animations. Everything is orchestrated in a perfect graphical harmony if you will, there is no noticeable flaws or sore spots, ND and RAD are truly masters of their craftsmanship. PC games such as Crysis 3, Star Citizen may have a slew of graphical features but non have created such a CGI like feel to me. So, if one would to measure game graphics on a most CGI like experience then UC4 and The Order surely surpass anything that's out there.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

The reason Uncharted has that CGI feel is because that is CGI regardless of if it is in engine or not. Gameplay will not look that clean. The Order looks great I will give you that. But it will not beat PC games like Star Citizen.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Rigs are pointless. These 2 games destroy PC's entire catalog without even trying. All PC is good for is real time strategy.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

I somehow double posted the thread, please use the other one since it's the most active. Mod please lock.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

And yet both of them look like boring games with early ps2 style shooting.... and both are in corridors.

enjoy that.... very short lived victory...

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

And yet both of them look like boring games with early ps2 style shooting.... and both are in corridors.

short lived victory?

There was no victory

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

To bad no one knows what Uncharted 4 graphics look like so this point is invalid.

Bu, bu, but real time in game engine......

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@daious said:

@MBirdy88 said:

short lived victory?

There was no victory

while that maybe true... they are still impresive for a £350 device... that being said, as I pointed out, the majority of the sony games that have these graphics, are crap shallow shooters... and in cutscene mode.... pretty sad that they need to have this kind of victory.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I don't know what you intended for this gif.... but that game is far more impressive. think. once more of the game is available... those graphics.... in large scale battles with ships 100x larger than that one... and infantry combat when you board beating crysis graphics....

NOW THAT consolites... is impressive. not nathans face on a gameplayless cutscene

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Both of those PS4 titles look very impressive graphically, but they are both corridor shooters.

There are single levels/scenes in Star Citizen which will likely be larger than the entire games of either The Order or Uncharted as far as scale goes.

No, they are not more graphically impressive than Star Citizen.

This isn't even a serious discussion.

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

I've asked before and got no answer, Are cows implying that the 1.8tf ps4 will out performer a high end pc gpu say a 290x or titan?