Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#103 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@charizard1605: I am, i got another thread im working on. I just wanted people to have the facts. Dude is trying to twist his L into a W. Its laughable. Hes trying to now claim stuff i never claimed. All ive done is repeated facts.

I never claimed Akuma to be new. And all ive claimed is you now dont have to use cheatcode for classic edition. Ive just copy and pasted what Capcom has stated.

Please no more threads young lady. I think SW had enough for today.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

$40? So it will be like 60-70 bucks for AUS? Absolutely no chance. Why do companies think its ok to overcharge? Sell it super cheap if you want to milk that cow again. Jesus

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Flyincloud1116

@GameboyTroy said:

This fits the thread.

Loading Video...

They should add a new character, Crazy Sheep.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

Ultra Street Fighter II looks fun, and even kinda cool to celebrate Street Fighter's 30th anniversary.

But here's what bothers me. Where is Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite? If Capcom can put out another port of Street Fighter II(even if it includes new features), then why can't they port MvC?

Where is this stunning third-party support that Nintendo keeps boasting about. I get that Street Fighter V is off the table, and maybe Capcom did not want to port Ultra Street Fighter IV to the Switch. But why is the Switch not getting Capcom's newest fighting game that arrives in a couple of months? One that looks like it would be a perfect fit for the Switch?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

This fits the thread.

Loading Video...

Great post, this video just made me hype for the game, i cant believe it. More changes than i thought or posted. Im going to get a Fight Stick now. I hope they use for tournaments too, definitive edition indeed.

@popgotcha: We dont know the price yet, its just people whining in fear. They dont even know what the game has, just typical gamers complaining.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

Dang a lot of people butthurt about the price. This thread isnt even about the price. WHY YOU DO THIS CAPCOM!

it's not the price.

it's two scoops of "Jelly" if you catch my drift ;)

the die hard street fighter fans will buy a switch for this game. some will say no but the ones who have a ting of curiosity for nintendo will buy a switch solely for this game.

will it sell big? of course not. look at street fighter 5. street fighter has gone niche when its on 1 console only. maybe if they made it for ps4/x1/switch and PC then it might actually make the top 10 list on npd.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Well said. I for one expect the price to be $20 for a physical release. I just cant believe we have this many people whining about price in a thread that isnt about the price and we dont even know the price yet. I cant even preorder the game.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@iandizion713 said:

Dang a lot of people butthurt about the price. This thread isnt even about the price. WHY YOU DO THIS CAPCOM!

it's not the price.

the die hard street fighter fans will buy a switch for this game. some will say no but the ones who have a ting of curiosity for nintendo will buy a switch solely for this game.

will it sell big? of course not. look at street fighter 5. street fighter has gone niche when its on 1 console only. maybe if they made it for ps4/x1/switch and PC then it might actually make the top 10 list on npd.

Now something that might attract attention is if Nintendo and Capcom push this game at tournaments. I would love to see Capcom add this to their tournaments, and I wonder if Evo would welcome two Street Fighter games like they do Smash.

A tournament scene might benefit this game in the long run.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 iandizion713

@caryslan2: Agreed, this could make a serious splash at Tournaments. Theyve always cried for a definitive Street Fighter II edition to be redone.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By KBFloYd

@caryslan2 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@iandizion713 said:

it's not the price.

Now something that might attract attention is if Nintendo and Capcom push this game at tournaments. I would love to see Capcom add this to their tournaments, and I wonder if Evo would welcome two Street Fighter games like they do Smash.

making it to EVO would definitely sell thousands more copies but not 100k imo... maybe 75k more.

street fighter 5 is the proof we can see that its gone downhill commercially. mostly thanks to capcom's lack of advertising and promotion.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#113 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Why not make a Final Fight HD Remake instead? Or Mega man?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 iandizion713

@killered3: Or a DIno Crisis!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9747 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:
@GameboyTroy said:

This fits the thread.

They should add a new character, Crazy Sheep.

They should make him like Dan and have him shoot fire and have him jump on people to do damage.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By KBFloYd

@killered3 said:

Why not make a Final Fight HD Remake instead? Or Mega man?

i'd love for those 2 to be the next two games!!

but final fight was rereleased with online just last gen. i don't know if they make it again and put more money into making it a remake.

would definitely sell some switches for hardcore snes nostalgia fans.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd said:
@caryslan2 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@iandizion713 said:

it's not the price.

making it to EVO would definitely sell thousands more copies but not 100k imo... maybe 75k more.

street fighter 5 is the proof we can see that its gone downhill commercially. mostly thanks to capcom's lack of advertising and promotion.

You make a great point. As we can tell from this thread alone, Street Fighter fans are either extinct, or hiding in shame. Ive been reading about Pro Fighters super hyped for this game. Its what made me dig into it, i was wondering what the hype was all about. But it appears them fans are very few.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

it's not the price.

I'm probably the biggest SF fan on this board. I already have a Switch pre-ordered. I wouldn't even buy this game at half the price of what they're asking.

@caryslan2 said:

SSF2 is already played at EVO every year. It also has various tournaments throughout the year as well as a strong online competitive scene via Fightcade. Thing is, the fans dictate which version of SF2 is the tournament standard, not Capcom. And fans have unanimously shown time and time again that Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is the only version they want.

Capcom could try to force it, but without the players you don't have a tournament. They tried with HD Remix and it was very short lived, they all went back to the gold standard.

@iandizion713 said:

Theyve always cried for a definitive Street Fighter II edition to be redone.

Absolutely false.

For better or worse, the competitive SF2 scene is extremely stuck in their ways and are more than satisfied with the classic.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 iandizion713

@ConanTheStoner: I meant theyve always cried for a definitive HD version to be done. They still cry for one today. But it appears they are hyped about this one. Which is cool. Its got me hyped as SF II Turbo was my first Street Fighter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I mean $40?! Come on, Capcom. :(

I will buy this game when it goes down in price but I can't spend $40 on it. It's just mad.

Still, it's nice that Switch has some fighting games in the pipeline with this, Arms and BlazBlue. I hope that support continues.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By iandizion713

@jumpaction: We have no price yet. But yeah, that will be pricey if the official price. Everyone keeps bragging about how good the colors look on the Switch screen. And ive heard BlazBlue has gorgeous colors.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ConanTheStoner

@iandizion713 said:

@ConanTheStoner: I meant theyve always cried for a definitive HD version to be done. They still cry for one today. But it appears they are hyped about this one.

Nope, nope, and nope.

You really don't know this fanbase at all.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By iandizion713

@ConanTheStoner: O, ok. Guess theyre nobodies speaking. People are hyped that Akuma might be balanced in and others too, but must be ghosts round these parts.

What have Street Fighter fans become. So sad today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@iandizion713:

I don't think we've seen Blazblue on Switch just yet. It's just known to be in the works.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@mems_1224: Cold blooded.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ConanTheStoner

@iandizion713 said:

@ConanTheStoner: O, ok. Guess theyre nobodies speaking.

What have Street Fighter fans become. Such a joke now.

They just know what they like.

It'd be like trying to force Melee fans to adopt Brawl as the new standard, just not happening.

This isn't about what SF fans have become, they've always been this way. You're just upset that they're not what you want them to become. The Switch is getting yet another version of SF2, some scraps. And you feel it should be welcomed with open arms, going so far as to make shit up.

These guys already have a game that they feel is perfect. They've been enjoying it for decades as is. If you think that makes them a "joke" that's very petty of you.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By iandizion713

@ConanTheStoner: Not from what ive heard over at http://shoryuken.com/, they seem to be very hyped. Its been a major topic of discussion. Street Fighter II making a come back.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@iandizion713 said:

@ConanTheStoner: Not from what ive heard over at http://shoryuken.com/, they seem to be very hyped.

Congrats, you discovered SRK. Maybe you'll venture over to Eventhubs as well.

Anyways, I clicked your link and this was literally the first article on the page:

The Problems with Ultra Street Fighter II — From a Super Turbo Player’s Standpoint

Top kek.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 KBFloYd

@ConanTheStoner said:
@KBFloYd said:

it's not the price.

I'm probably the biggest SF fan on this board. I already have a Switch pre-ordered. I wouldn't even buy this game at half the price of what they're asking.

sorry conan. i like you and all but no one here in system wars can speak for the pro street fighter crowd. no one.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By iandizion713

@ConanTheStoner: Did you read it? It was a great read. Its details the fears and hopes of the community quite well. Check the forums too. Lots of good stuff.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@KBFloYd said:

sorry conan. i like you and all but no one here in system wars can speak for the pro street fighter crowd. no one.

Sure, maybe. But they do speak for themselves, loud and clear.

And it's kind of silly that you'd make a statement like this.

the die hard street fighter fans will buy a switch for this game.

But then tell me, a guy who stays in tune with these games and their scenes, a guy who plays these games and interacts with other players daily, that I can't speak on it lol.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By iandizion713

@ConanTheStoner: They got a point though, diehard Street Fighter fans will want to play it. Im such a diehard Smash fan that id buy anything that plays Smash Bros.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By KBFloYd

@ConanTheStoner said:
@KBFloYd said:

Sure, maybe. But they do speak for themselves, loud and clear.

And it's kind of silly that you'd make a statement like this.

the die hard street fighter fans will buy a switch for this game.

But then tell me, a guy who stays in tune with these games and their scenes, a guy who plays these games and interacts with other players daily, that I can't speak on it lol.

@GameboyTroy said:

This fits the thread.

Loading Video...

this guy is authentically in the pro scene. he is already salivating for it.

ill take his word over yours. with all respect.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@iandizion713 said:

@ConanTheStoner: They got a point though, diehard Street Fighter fans will want to play it. Im such a diehard Smash fan that id buy anything that plays Smash Bros.

Sure, the curiosity is there, I want to check it out too.

But he was framing it as if the only people who are interested are those who are "Jelly". That's not me. I have a Switch coming. Still not interested with the rip off asking price and garbage control choices.

And plenty of others are in the same boat. The FGC pretty much laughed at this for a day last week and has already moved past it.

@KBFloYd said:

this guy is autentically in the pro scene. he is already salivating for it.

ill take his word over yours. with all respect.

1. Yes, I know Max. He's a super nice guy. And no, he wasn't "salivating" for it lmao. Did you watch the video? His initial impressions were **** this shit. Afterwards he made that video in which he's slightly less apprehensive now lol. He's not salivating for it, he just hopes it doesn't suck. Btw, Max was never a pro SF2 player. His pro days started and finished with SF3.

2. I was really only addressing your initial "Jelly" statement, wasn't even talking about the pro scene. Not even sure why we're on that now.

3. It's incredibly well known that the SF2 fanbase is the most stubborn FG fanbase of them all. No, the pros will not convert to this. They always go back to the arcade version of ST.

Seriously, you dudes are fanboying way too hard about this. You want to buy it? Awesome! Have fun, really. But all this other shit? Come on dudes.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By iandizion713

@ConanTheStoner: We have no asking price. And i thought Pro Players played with Fight Sticks? And obviously the FGC is taking it very serious, thetre still discussing it as of TODAY.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

ITT: People who don't know shit about shit, acting like they know shit about Street Fighter.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 iandizion713
Loading Video...

Here's a good video talking about a lot of the awesome changes.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@iandizion713: You've been beat, time to put the fanboy away.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 iandizion713

@vfighter: You cant defeat me, but i welcome you to try.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#141 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Not a Street Fighter fan, and they won't convert me with that price tag. Even if I didn't have a wealth of options for Street Fighter 2, V, or other entries in the series for much cheaper, the game doesn't look like it warrants the $40 price tag.

If you're interested, go nuts.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 iandizion713

@zassimick: What price tag? We dont have one. Where is everyone getting this magical price tag from?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#143 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
Loading Video...

[[$40 is]] apparently the recommended price for it.

I'll admit, I read through the thread to see people throwing the price around. Looking very quickly I have the quote above from Digital Foundry (in the linked video.)

I'm not going to spend more than a few minutes looking, and that's all that turned up. I'd be curious to know their source for the apparent recommended price. Anyways, this video should be where people are pulling the magical price from.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By iandizion713

@zassimick: Im not sure, id like to know though. We have no confirmed price for NA or UK yet.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Serious question, how polish is SF2 compared to say KOF98?

I always thought SF2 is too clunky.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#146 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

$40 bucks nuff said. Not surprised sheep paid 60 bucks for the nes classic edition lolz.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Flyincloud1116

Classic milk job because of the Switch launch game lineup.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56487 Posts

$40 Fucking Dollars for a SF port?! I know Crapcom is desperate for money but this is just pushing the limits with there fans and I can do so much better spending $40 on something worthwhile then just a cheap-ass port.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Oh look another overpriced game that should cost a buck at max.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 iandizion713

@carlquincy said:

Serious question, how polish is SF2 compared to say KOF98?

I always thought SF2 is too clunky.

Im not sure about KoF98, but SFII is pretty polished.