Top 5 Games with the Best Themes

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts

As a morally sound and reasonable person, I feel the games I have chosen best represent my ideals. Neckbeards will probably post something like God of War, claiming that a 2500 year old patricarchal model of men's and women's roles in society is most accurately reflected in Kratos ****ing killing everything and ****ing everything else, while the women sit back as objects as display, to be ****ed or idolized. Yeah, great morals guys. Anyway, here are mine:

5. BioShock- Andrew Ryan creates his own vision of a perfect city, which falls apart when he realizes he can't maintain it on his own. This parallels the atheist neckbeards seen on GameSpot, who are only liberal in the sense that they hate religion, want marijuana legalized, and want to **** dudes so they can stick to the women they hate. Andrew Ryan has no ****ing idea what he's doing, so **** falls apart and everyone becomes zombies. He finally can't take it anymore, and, as a result, shaves his neckbeard as a symbol of his abandonment of the cause, and lets you kill him soon afterwards so everyone thinks he worked on behalf of non-neckbeardly, normal people, so as not to tarnish the neckbeards' name.

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- "Leave the Redguard woman alone" is what I wish I could say if I was there. Skyrim involves you in the personal affairs of its inhabitants, requiring you to make decision on their behalf. Will you stop the harassment of the white people against... all the other races, pretty much? Or will you live out your fantasy of being a butthurt neckbeard and kill everyone different than you? The choice is yours, but the payoff for helping people who deserve makes you feel for them. There is reward for such things, and in the game, the only people doing bad things are only white people for the most part. This is just goes to show that white people want a scapegoat.

3. Metroid- Women are just as capable as men of destroying giant, hulking aliens. The game doesn't reveal the identity of the protagonist until the end of the game, so as to allow misogynistic neckbeards get attached to the character and then later get caught in the trap of realizing they were cheering on a feeeeeemale the whole time. This was done in hopes that basement-dwelling neckbeards would reevaluate their life. If the virgin neckbeards knew Samus was a woman from the beginning, they would use the confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance to assert their belief that women are inferior and that Samus isn't as good as she's made out in the game for some far-reaching reason.

2. Alice: Madness Returns- Headstrong, wholesome, intelligent, and packing quite a punch! This is a coming of age tale for a young woman who has lost it all, but still pushes on with quite a force. The emotional scars of her past and their lasting effects on her create a more realistic, psychological depiction of someone who has been through such terror. Wonderland is her emotional dystopia that accurately effects her mental state and well-being. Her weaker moments in London have her relapse to her safe-haven, which confuses the 19th century inhabitants, as psychology wasn't as well undestood back then. The revelation is also a sad case that has never been explored in any other game I know of.

1. Fire Emblem (series)- In a time where white and male denial are still prevelant in a world where inequalities can be pointed out and highlighted with relative ease, Fire Emblem seeks to put the sad state of societies in the developed world into perspective. Copy and pasted this because I don't feel like typing it out again:

Fire Emblem tackles such topics as racism, sexism, xenophobia, the sheep mentality, understand the circumstances of the common soldier, etc., on top of having superb gameplay. For example, in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, there is hostility towards the Laguz because they are different and can turn into animals. This mirrors white peoples' racist views towards racial minorities, namely blacks and Jews, in the West. However, through some forced corrobatoration in which they must work together, they begin to tolerate each other. This is parrallels the social dynamics of America during World War II, in which whites and blacks fought together (though separated on the actual battlefield) against a common cause. And we won, by the way. wink.gif

On top of this, its treatment towards women is mostly pretty good. While a lot of the women have similar body types and facial structures (which are usually devoid of flaws), headstrong leaders such as Titania are fully covered and stand side by side with the men. The social dynamics are furthered explored in the relationships one can develop with the characters. It's almost as if Intelligent Systems wanted to concoct some method in which players could get closer with the opposite sex emotionally, and the gameplay effects were an afterthought (though they are still beneficial in battle).

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Lollipop Chainsaw

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Rumble Roses XX

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers

Mortal Kombat

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts
  1. God of War
  2. God of War 2
  3. God of War 3
  4. God of War: Chains of Olympus
  5. God of War: Ascension
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Bayonetta.
SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 SuperNovaftw
Member since 2013 • 2500 Posts

Dead or Alive volleyball

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drasonak

Beardmad. [QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

1. God of War
  2. God of War 2
  3. God of War 3

Michael0134567

Beardmad.
Bayonetta.freedomfreak
Beardmad.

Dead or Alive volleyball

SuperNovaftw

Beardmad.

Edit: I don't know why the whole of Michael0134567's quote isn't appeaing, despite me putting it in there. This website's formatting sucks.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

As a morally sound and reasonable person, I feel the games I have chosen best represent my ideals. Neckbeards will probably post something like God of War, claiming that a 2500 year old patricarchy model of men's and women's roles in society is most accurately reflected in Kratos ****ing everything and ****ing everything else, while the women sit back as objects as display, to be ****ed or idolized. Yeah, great morals guys. Anyway, here are mine:

5. BioShock- Andrew Ryan creates his own vision of a perfect city, which falls apart when he realizes he can't maintain it on his own. This parallels the atheist neckbeards seen on GameSpot, who are only liberal in the sense that they hate religion, want marijuana legalized, and want to **** dudes so they can stick to the women they hate. Andrew Ryan has no ****ing idea what he's doing, so **** falls apart and everyone becomes zombies. He finally can't take it anymore, and, as a result, shaves his neckbeard as a symbol of his abandonment of the cause, and lets you kill him soon afterwards so everyone thinks he worked on behalf of non-neckbeardly, normal people, so as not to tarnish the neckbeards' name.

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- "Leave the Redguard woman alone" is what I wish I could say if I was there. Skyrim involves you in the personal affairs of its inhabitants, requiring you to make decision on their behalf. Will you stop the harassment of the white people against... all the other races, pretty much? Or will you live out your fantasy of being a butthurt neckbeard and kill everyone different than you? The choice is yours, but the payoff for helping people who deserve makes you feel for them. There is reward for such things, and in the game, the only people doing bad things are only white people for the most part. This is just goes to show that white people want a scapegoat.

3. Metroid- Women are just as capable as men of destroying giant, hulking aliens. The game doesn't reveal the identity of the protagonist until the end of the game, so as to allow misogynistic neckbeards get attached to the character and then later get caught in the trap of realizing they were cheering on a feeeeeemale the whole time. This was done in hopes that basement-dwelling neckbeards would reevaluate their life. If the virgin neckbeards knew Samus was a woman from the beginning, they would use the confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance to assert their belief that women are inferior and that Samus isn't as good as she's made out in the game for some far-reaching reason.

2. Alice: Madness Returns- Headstrong, wholesome, intelligent, and packing quite a punch! This is a coming of age tale for a young woman who has lost it all, but still pushes on with quite a force. The emotional scars of her past and their lasting effects on her create a more realistic, psychological depiction of someone who has been through such terror. Wonderland is her emotional dystopia that accurately effects her mental state and well-being. Her weaker moments in London have her relapse to her safe-haven, which confuses the 19th century inhabitants, as psychology wasn't as well undestood back then. The revelation is also a sad case that has never been explored in any other game I know of.

1. Fire Emblem (series)- In a time where white and male denial is at an all time high, Fire Emblem seeks to put the sad state of societies in the developed world into perspective. Copy and pasted this because I don't feel like typing it out again:

Fire Emblem tackles such topics as racism, sexism, xenophobia, the sheep mentality, understand the circumstances of the common soldier, etc., on top of having superb gameplay. For example, in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, there is hostility towards the Laguz because they are different and can turn into animals. This mirrors white peoples' racist views towards racial minorities, namely blacks and Jews, in the West. However, through some forced corrobatoration in which they must work together, they begin to tolerate each other. This is parrallels the social dynamics of America during World War II, in which whites and blacks fought together (though separated on the actual battlefield) against a common cause. And we won, by the way. wink.gif

On top of this, its treatment towards women is mostly pretty good. While a lot of the women have similar body types and facial structures (which are usually devoid of flaws), headstrong leaders such as Titania are fully covered and stand side by side with the men. The social dynamics are furthered explored in the relationships one can develop with the characters. It's almost as if Intelligent Systems wanted to concoct some method in which players could get closer with the opposite sex emotionally, and the gameplay effects were an afterthought (though they are still beneficial in battle).

Drasonak

LMFAO.

I f*cking love Drasonak threads.

SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperNovaftw

Rumble Rose

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Bayonetta.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
(insert game with provocative women here)
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lundy86_4  Online

I think God of War is brilliant, because... Boobs.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak

lundy86_4
Sex gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames!!!
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Postal

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

freedomfreak

Sex gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames!!!

Oh yeah! Givin' that Aphrodite a bit o' lovin'!

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Michael0134567

I actually want to play Onechanbara. The Classic Game Room review made me want to play it. Looks like fun.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Duke Nukem

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Any game with boobs and that lets you kill women.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib

This is parrallels the social dynamics of America during World War II, in which whites and blacks fought together (though separated on the actual battlefield) against a common cause. And we won, by the way. 

Drasonak

so according to Drasonak, the best way to win is to segregate people.  Sounds like he supports racism.  He should be ashamed of himself

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Drasonak

Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards.

By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like it.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Drasonak"]Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards. By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like it

I don't even have a beard.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="Drasonak"]Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards. By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like it

Promise?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4  Online

Any game with boobs and that lets you kill women. mems_1224

89605846.png

Oh yeah!

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

This is parrallels the social dynamics of America during World War II, in which whites and blacks fought together (though separated on the actual battlefield) against a common cause. And we won, by the way. 

lostrib

so according to Drasonak, the best way to win is to segregate people.  Sounds like he supports racism.  He should be ashamed of himself

No, you are missing the point. Whites and blacks were fought in the same war and had to cooperate with each other on some level. Segregation in the military was outlawed in 1947, by the way, so I think it taught the country something.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib

Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards. By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like itDrasonak

we don't really care. It just shows you're butthurt

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
  1. God of War
  2. God of War 2
  3. God of War 3
lundy86_4
Cant beat Kratos.
SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SuperNovaftw

everybody needs to play Rumble Rose :P

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Michael0134567

SuperNovaftw
I need to keep an eye out for it. My type of game.
SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SuperNovaftw

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards. By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like itlostrib

wtf is a neckbeards anyway?
SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SuperNovaftw
[QUOTE="SuperNovaftw"]

Michael0134567

Just watch gameplay :D
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

Drasonak

No, you are missing the point. Whites and blacks were fought in the same war and had to cooperate with each other on some level. Segregation in the military was outlawed in 1947, by the way, so I think it taught the country something.

No you said that we separated them on the battlefield, which let us win. Sounds like you support seggregation. very racist

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="SuperNovaftw"]

SuperNovaftw

Just watch gameplay :D

I've seen it. It plays so good :oops:.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

No you said that we separated them on the battlefield, which let us win. Sounds like you support seggregation. very racist

Whites and blacks still cooperated together in some ways which helped lead to a more united military. It is important to know what is going on in other squads at times. You obviously don't know anything about how the military works.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

tumblr_lo395olGwe1qe9fxho1_r2_500.png.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Hey Drasonak, my neckbeard grew back and now my PC will turn on again. Just wanted to let you know in case you were worried.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Drasonak

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards. By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like itSuperNovaftw

Typically found in beardmad individuals. Example:

Eve Online is a PC game, by the way.

SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuperNovaftw

[QUOTE="SuperNovaftw"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

Drasonak

Typically found in beardmad individuals. Example:

Eve Online is a PC game, by the way.

Lol I dont game on PC. :cool: I play games with women so im not a neckbeard :cool:
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wiimotefan

My beard is on my face and its nicely trimmed.  But I still play games on PC.  Is it the console gamer in me that keeps my beard, weight, and temper in check?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mems_1224

Even Off Topic is more moral than you neckbeards.

By the way, I will stop calling you guys neckbeards when you stop acting like it.

Drasonak
Dont have a beard. Sorry to disappoint. Maybe if you made interesting threads people would take you seriously. :lol:
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"] No, you are missing the point. Whites and blacks were fought in the same war and had to cooperate with each other on some level. Segregation in the military was outlawed in 1947, by the way, so I think it taught the country something.Drasonak

Whites and blacks still cooperated together in some ways which helped lead to a more united military. It is important to know what is going on in other squads at times. You obviously don't know anything about how the military works.

You're obviously racist since you support segregation, sickening

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Drasonak

My beard is on my face and its nicely trimmed.  But I still play games on PC.  Is it the console gamer in me that keeps my beard, weight, and temper in check?

Wiimotefan

Well, I have nothing against PC gamers, but one might argue that PC gamers are the most neckbeardly of neckbeards and wear fedoras to maximize their euphoria.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

He also supports incest
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"] Whites and blacks still cooperated together in some ways which helped lead to a more united military. It is important to know what is going on in other squads at times. You obviously don't know anything about how the military works.

mems_1224

He also supports incest

what a sick individual

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Drasonak

Well, I have nothing against PC gamers, but one might argue that PC gamers are the most neckbeardly of neckbeards and wear fedoras to maximize their euphoria. [img]http://i.imgur.com/LjUe55C.gif[/url]

Ah, I see.  Well I didn't know what a fedora was until just now so I guess I'm in good standing.

AndersK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AndersK
Member since 2005 • 396 Posts

In no particular order:

Morrowind

Metal Gear Solid

Mega man 3

C&C: Red Alert

Legend of Zelda

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Any game that oversexualizes and objectifies women would make my top 10 best themes.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
r@peplay
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

Another psudo-intellectual vomit pool. Excellent.

Toes def FFXIII, braj. That game has themes about making friends, staying positive, and looking exceptional.

Def CoD, bro. Those themes are about being patriotic and looking down a scope. Like, if you look down the scope, you're looking deep into something right manaaannnnnnn

Keep you hands off that new thread button is what I would say if I was there.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wiimotefan

Another psudo-intellectual vomit pool. Excellent.

Toes def FFXIII, braj. That game has themes about making friends, staying positive, and looking exceptional.

Def CoD, bro. Those themes are about being patriotic and looking down a scope. Like, if you look down the scope, you're looking deep into something right manaaannnnnnn

Keep you hands off that new thread button is what I would say if I was there.

NAPK1NS

Does this mean beardmad?  I'm trying to learn these new rules.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

0e9.png.