TOO bad GeoW is 360 exclusive...

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WheresMyChippy
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
it woulda looked at least 2x better on the PS3.  The cell has better graphics, just look at Oblivion.   Blue ray would make the game 2x longer too.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
lol at last sentence
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
it woulda looked at least 2x better on the PS3. The cell has better graphics, just look at Oblivion. Blue ray would make the game 2x longer too.WheresMyChippy
The 'Cell' has no graphics at all, its a CPU not a GPU. /Thread
pog_ma_thoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pog_ma_thoin
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
god that blu ray must be magial making games 2x longer.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts
Nice alt account and weak flamebait.;)
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts
Blu-ray is so advanced that the creators of Motorstorm couldn't even implement offline vs mode into the game. Behold, the power of Blu-ray, LOL!!! :lol:
Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts
it woulda looked at least 2x better on the PS3. The cell has better graphics, just look at Oblivion. Blue ray would make the game 2x longer too.WheresMyChippy
Umm, Oblivion isn't 2x better looking, it just has better textures and draw distance.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

How would it cope with the PS3 memory requirements?

WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WheresMyChippy

-Spock-
its way better memory plus it can cash to the hard drive] imagine marcus fenix with sharper textures like oblivion, how does that cope with memory requirements?? oh yeah thats right it doesnt because its better, obviously so would GEOW.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LordoverFeind
Member since 2006 • 1041 Posts
Although this is just bait it is true that gears of war is not owned by ms or is a 1st party game so epic could port it to the ps3 if they wanted to in the future.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

Although this is just bait it is true that gears of war is not owned by ms or is a 1st party game so epic could port it to the ps3 if they wanted to in the future.LordoverFeind

No they cannot. Microsoft was directly and heavily involved in the development & financing of Gears, and they paid for all the marketing of the game. It is never going to the PS3. 

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skelebull3000

Although this is just bait it is true that gears of war is not owned by ms or is a 1st party game so epic could port it to the ps3 if they wanted to in the future.LordoverFeind

The actual IP liscense is owned by MS. So no, it can't be ported.

LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordoverFeind

[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]Although this is just bait it is true that gears of war is not owned by ms or is a 1st party game so epic could port it to the ps3 if they wanted to in the future.thinicer

No they cannot. Microsoft was directly and heavily involved in the development & financing of Gears, and they paid for all the marketing of the game. It is never going to the PS3.

Epic is not owned by ms and epic owns the right to gears of war so they can do what they want with it. Just like sony is providing technical support and promotion for MGS4 but do not own the rights to the game for example. From my understanding ms is only the publisher of gears not the owner.

tag_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tag_001
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts
very weak troll job. Let it die people...
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts
Maybe 20 vs multiplayer matches :)
WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WheresMyChippy
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]Although this is just bait it is true that gears of war is not owned by ms or is a 1st party game so epic could port it to the ps3 if they wanted to in the future.LordoverFeind

Epic is not owned by ms and epic owns the right to gears of war so they can do what they want with it. Just like sony is providing technical support and promotion for MGS4 but do not own the rights to the game for example. From my understanding ms is only the publisher of gears not the owner.

okay I guess its bait? but i feel that its still could have been a superior game. PLUS, the sixaxis controller you could use the motion controller to jump from cover and peek over rocks, it only makes sense.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thinicer

LordoverFeind

Do you even know what publishers do? You act like they just slap their name on the packaging and that's it. They do far more. Like I said to you before, Microsoft poured in millions of their own dollars into the development of Gears of War. They even changed the Xbox 360 hardware to encompass 512 megs of ram because Epic said it was very necessary to make Gears run and look great.

Now you don't think that there is something ethically wrong about taking a game that somebody financed for you and putting it onto a competing console?

And by the way, there are such things in the world as "contracts", and Microsoft & Epic have one. I don't know the what the exact particulars of it is, but if anything in there says that Gears will remain an Xbox 360 or Games for Windows exclusive, then it's never, ever going to to the PS3. Period. End of story. And considering how much money Microsoft put into the game, I can safely assume that such a clause exists.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
I would respond, but it would probably lead me to getting a 7 day suspension... :?
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Spock-
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

WheresMyChippy

its way better memory plus it can cash to the hard drive] imagine marcus fenix with sharper textures like oblivion, how does that cope with memory requirements?? oh yeah thats right it doesnt because its better, obviously so would GEOW.

The PS3s OS takes up double that of the 360s. It will also have to combine both the RSX and Cell's 256MB GDDR3 RAM together to get similar results - something which constricts other graphical departments and may not even be feasible.

The 360 on the other hand has 512MB GDDR3 RAM. The Epic team even went to Microsoft and said "look, double the RAM from 256 to 512MB and Gears of War's textures will look much better." They listened, which cost them $1 billion.

And you do know that the 360 can HDD cache too, right? Oblivion did it already.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
It isnt exclusive, it's coming to the PC.
RevenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RevenMan
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]Although this is just bait it is true that gears of war is not owned by ms or is a 1st party game so epic could port it to the ps3 if they wanted to in the future.LordoverFeind

Microsoft is publishing the game so no epic can't port it to ps3 even if they wanted to. .MGS on the other hand isn't published by sony , konami does that so it is possible for that title to be multyplat.
WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WheresMyChippy
[QUOTE="WheresMyChippy"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

-Spock-

The PS3s OS takes up double that of the 360s. It will also have to combine both the RSX and Cell's 256MB GDDR3 RAM together to get similar results - something which constricts other graphical departments and may not even be feasible.

The 360 on the other hand has 512MB GDDR3 RAM. The Epic team even went to Microsoft and said "look, double the RAM from 256 to 512MB and Gears of War's textures will look much better." They listened, which cost them $1 billion.

And you do know that the 360 can HDD cache too, right? Oblivion did it already.

heh you sound smart but the PS3 has 512 too. Maybe the sequal will be on both too so finally we can compare, because i think it could be better, and blue ray means it could be longer! ITs so SHORT I won it on my friends 360 on ONE DAY.
Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts
[QUOTE="WheresMyChippy"]it woulda looked at least 2x better on the PS3. The cell has better graphics, just look at Oblivion. Blue ray would make the game 2x longer too.Hot_Potato
Umm, Oblivion isn't 2x better looking, it just has better textures and draw distance.

Which is kinda obvious why. They had 1 extra develop year.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skelebull3000

It isnt exclusive, it's coming to the PC.Dahaka-UK

Link?

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
lol blu ray makes games 2x longer lol
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Spock-
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="WheresMyChippy"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

WheresMyChippy

The PS3s OS takes up double that of the 360s. It will also have to combine both the RSX and Cell's 256MB GDDR3 RAM together to get similar results - something which constricts other graphical departments and may not even be feasible.

heh you sound smart but the PS3 has 512 too. Maybe the sequal will be on both too so finally we can compare, because i think it could be better, and blue ray means it could be longer! ITs so SHORT I won it on my friends 360 on ONE DAY.

Yes, the PS3 does have 512MB RAM, but it's split into 256 for the Cell and 256 for the RSX, plus 80MB is taken up for the OS (and Home which is coming soon).

You are right though, it may be able to be done on PS3 provided the team porting it are very skilled. Don't get me wrong though, i'm not saying the PS3 will never get games better looking than Gears of War. It's an altogether different approach to game development which only games like Final Fantasy XIII, Motor Storm and Metal Gear Solid 4 really take advantage of.

LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LordoverFeind
[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]

thinicer

Do you even know what publishers do? You act like they just slap their name on the packaging and that's it. They do far more. Like I said to you before, Microsoft poured in millions of their own dollars into the development of Gears of War. They even changed the Xbox 360 hardware to encompass 512 megs of ram because Epic said it was very necessary to make Gears run and look great.

Now you don't think that there is something ethically wrong about taking a game that somebody financed for you and putting it onto a competing console?

And by the way, there are such things in the world as "contracts", and Microsoft & Epic have one. I don't know the what the exact particulars of it is, but if anything in there says that Gears will remain an Xbox 360 or Games for Windows exclusive, then it's never, ever going to to the PS3. Period. End of story. And considering how much money Microsoft put into the game, I can safely assume that such a clause exists.

Okay let me try this again epic not microsoft owns the ip to gears of war (speaks slowly) microsoft is ownly the publisher for the game. When gears comes to the movies ms has nothing to do with that and gets no money for it either or has any input because they don't own the ip for gears. The contract for gears with ms is a publishing contract, ms again does not own the ip epic games does.

A game publisher is just the company that is responsible for the marketing, manufacture, advertisement and distribution of a game made by another company that's all. So if the owner of the ip in this case epic games wishes to port gears to the pc or ps3 as the owner of the ip they can. I tried to make this as simple as possible so you could understand the diffrence between the game developer (ip owner and game creator/maker) and the game publisher (advertisement, game manufacturing, distribution ect). Just too cover the bases ms does NOT own epic either okay.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Spock-

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]It isnt exclusive, it's coming to the PC.skelebull3000

Link?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72980

It's not a case of "if", it's a case of "when".

xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts
Its not EXCLUSIVE its coming for PC you FAIL /thread
supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

WheresMyChippy

where do you live? you are so stuiped I would like nothing better then to smash sense into your head.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skelebull3000
[QUOTE="skelebull3000"]

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]It isnt exclusive, it's coming to the PC.-Spock-

Link?

By the time Gears of war one is on the PC we shall be half way towards Gears of War 3.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Cell doesn't have 'graphics'. :|
MajinFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MajinFix
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

lol...NOT!!!Microsoft published Gears of war and publisher has the rights to the IP

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="skelebull3000"]

Link?

By the time Gears of war one is on the PC we shall be half way towards Gears of War 3.

yup. PC wont see Gears for 4-5 years. Its a X360 Exclusive.
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts

Link?

Lol good one. A title is exclusive till it hits another platform. For now Gears of Wars remains exclusive..
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thinicer

Okay let me try this again epic not microsoft owns the ip to gears of war (speaks slowly) microsoft is ownly the publisher for the game. When gears comes to the movies ms has nothing to do with that and gets no money for it either or has any input because they don't own the ip for gears. The contract for gears with ms is a publishing contract, ms again does not own the ip epic games does.

A game publisher is just the company that is responsible for the marketing, manufacture, advertisement and distribution of a game made by another company that's all. So if the owner of the ip in this case epic games wishes to port gears to the pc or ps3 as the owner of the ip they can. I tried to make this as simple as possible so you could understand the diffrence between the game developer (ip owner and game creator/maker) and the game publisher (advertisement, game manufacturing, distribution ect).

LordoverFeind

I know that Gears is Epic's IP, which means that Microsoft cannot make a Gears game themselves. However, because Microsoft was directly involved in the development of the game and paid for virtually all of the development costs of it, as well as its marketing, they have a say as to where Gears goes. You act like all those millions of dollars Microsoft put into the project don't mean anything. You have to ask yourself, what does Microsoft get out of being the financial backer of the game? That is stipulated in the contract, of which you do not have a copy of.

Again, and I shall speak slowly for you, if Microsoft and Epic have a contract that stipulates that Gears of War will only be featured on the Xbox 360 or Games for Windows, then it is NOT....COMING.....TO....PS3. Okay? If Epic tries to port it to PS3, Microsoft will take them to court and they will win because of the contractual obligations that Epic must adhere to.

And you can quote me on this: Gears of War will NEVER EVER come to the PS3. I promise you that. There won't be even RUMORS of it going to the PS3.

WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WheresMyChippy
[QUOTE="WheresMyChippy"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="WheresMyChippy"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

-Spock-

Yes, the PS3 does have 512MB RAM, but it's split into 256 for the Cell and 256 for the RSX, plus 80MB is taken up for the OS (and Home which is coming soon).

You are right though, it may be able to be done on PS3 provided the team porting it are very skilled. Don't get me wrong though, i'm not saying the PS3 will never get games better looking than Gears of War. It's an altogether different approach to game development which only games like Final Fantasy XIII, Motor Storm and Metal Gear Solid 4 really take advantage of.

who i thought you said it had 256 before but thats more right its split to keep the memory closer to the chip for fast reading. and lol the OS is actually pretty small my windows folder is like 2 gigs. The PS3 games that optamize the cell will run way better like Motor STorm, and a larger disc for more textures aka blue ray should mean WAY longer gameplay, IF the DEVELOPER does it I KNow it just doest magically get longer!!
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Spock-

Link?

Indeed. They've sold over 4 million copies aleady, which I can guess means it's been exhausted sales-wise on the 360. I can see it going to PC merely for mo money.

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JeffGenocideX
[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]

A game publisher is just the company that is responsible for the marketing, manufacture, advertisement and distribution of a game made by another company that's all. So if the owner of the ip in this case epic games wishes to port gears to the pc or ps3 as the owner of the ip they can. I tried to make this as simple as possible so you could understand the diffrence between the game developer (ip owner and game creator/maker) and the game publisher (advertisement, game manufacturing, distribution ect).

thinicer

I know that Gears is Epic's IP, which means that Microsoft cannot make a Gears game themselves. However, because Microsoft was directly involved in the development of the game and paid for virtually all of the development costs of it, as well as its marketing, they have a say as to where Gears goes. You act like all those millions of dollars Microsoft put into the project don't mean anything. You have to ask yourself, what does Microsoft get out of being the financial backer of the game? That is stipulated in the contract, of which you do not have a copy of.

Again, and I shall speak slowly for you, if Microsoft and Epic have a contract that stipulates that Gears of War will only be featured on the Xbox 360 or Games for Windows, then it is NOT....COMING.....TO....PS3. Okay? If Epic tries to port it to PS3, Microsoft will take them to court and they will win because of the contractual obligations that Epic must adhere to.

And you can quote me on this: Gears of War will NEVER EVER come to the PS3. I promise you that. There won't be even RUMORS of it going to the PS3.

Ownage Approved.
WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WheresMyChippy
Cell doesn't have 'graphics'. :|project343
I am looking at the screeshots and it sure looks like graphics to me! WHen i saw the RAtchet and Clank movie I was amazed!!
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JeffGenocideX
[QUOTE="project343"]Cell doesn't have 'graphics'. :|WheresMyChippy
I am looking at the screeshots and it sure looks like graphics to me! WHen i saw the RAtchet and Clank movie I was amazed!!

good for you, Ban-dodger.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Spock-

who i thought you said it had 256 before but thats more right its split to keep the memory closer to the chip for fast reading. and lol the OS is actually pretty small my windows folder is like 2 gigs. The PS3 games that optamize the cell will run way better like Motor STorm, and a larger disc for more textures aka blue ray should mean WAY longer gameplay, IF the DEVELOPER does it I KNow it just doest magically get longer!!WheresMyChippy

Yeah, the PS3 and 360 OS are pretty small, but that's because they can't do nearly as much stuff as a PC can. It's mostly just some menu stuff and some simple downloading to worry about. It's the same reason why consoles don't need as much RAM as PCs, since they don't have to run lots of other tasks at once. Consoles are purely optimised for what they do - gaming.

I agree that Blu-Ray can be used for longer games, but I see it as more of a quality thing. Metal Gear Solid 4 fills a Blu-Ray disc according to Kojima, but that's not because it's 100 hours long. It's because he is using HD 7:1 surround sound audio to make it very high quality. Sound channels are one area that the PS3 truly excels at.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
lol u mite be as R-tarded as your picture, otherwise you are very clever joker.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

It was published by Microsoft, so no they can't

LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordoverFeind
[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]

thinicer

Epic paid for the development of the unreal 3 engine not ms and owns the ip for gears, just what don't you understand ??

Also where is this contract you refer to stating that gears will only be featured on the 360 or games for windows please provide a link.    

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JeffGenocideX
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]

LordoverFeind

Epic paid for the development of the unreal 3 engine not ms and owns the ip for gears, just what don't you understand ??

Also where is this contract you refer to stating that gears will only be featured on the 360 or games for windows please provide a link.    

Please read all of the above post about this. Gears will not be going to PS3, Never, if you wanna play it buy a 360. And stop posting cause every turn your gonna get owned.
JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
The 360 is really holding the game industry back with it's low storage compacity.
WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WheresMyChippy
lol u mite be as R-tarded as your picture, otherwise you are very clever joker.hongkingkong
LOLZ im not the A student but my picture is from Tim and Eric show on the cartoon network, my bro made it... But ill listen to SPOCK cuz he seems to know more then anyone here about technology.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LordoverFeind
[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]

JeffGenocideX

Please read all of the above post about this. Gears will not be going to PS3, Never, if you wanna play it buy a 360. And stop posting cause every turn your gonna get owned.

Owned by who a fanboys with no proof or didn't know ms was only the publisher of gears of war ??

Oh and just to be clear I already have gears and a 360 as well as a ps3 so don't think I am some cow dreaming about a port. I am just setting the record straight here and am probably wasting my time debating with you fanboys.