jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

I’m shocked to say that TLOU2 will not include the sequel to one of the most tactical, competitive uniquely fun MPs ever created and will be single player only. This is a huge letdown and something I have been looking forward to for YEARS. Why am I even paying for PS Plus when Sony is offering hardly any MP experiences on PS4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/9/26/20885307/the-last-of-us-2-no-mp-multiplayer

Also, here’s some new single player gameplay. I don’t think many are aware new footage has been released.

https://youtu.be/QqyK8YGlShA

https://youtu.be/EWSpoJCFmQ4

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Good!

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 735 Posts

I cannot begin to say how thrilled I am that there will be no MP. I know some are upset by this, but Naughty Dog is making a larger single player game, their largest ever, and that is truly exciting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@jcrame10: There's a thread on the whole No PS+ requires to play Death Stranding but since you have add gameplay footage, no reason for me to locked this thread. Might have to scratch off the MP part though.

Messing with ya ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@phbz said:

Good!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yes. Those multiplayer trophies from the original game was worst part of the game for me. Playing 164 matches were not fun especially when you are playing with some highly skilled players.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jcrame10

@Jendeh: the single player of the first game was great so I don’t see how you think having a MP ruins the experience at all

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Good, they can focus completely on the single player aspect. The MP of the first game was meh, anyway.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jcrame10

@davillain-: what does Death Stranding have to do with TLOU2 not having multiplayer

I’m saying if Sony is going to take away mp from the Uncharted collection, take away mp from TLOU2, and offer mostly single player exclusives I don’t see the justification of paying 60 bucks per year for PS+. Nothing to do with Death Stranding or whether or not it requires PS+

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@jcrame10: Joking man, sorry if that was confusing. Also, with all this talk about PS+ Sony might as well not bring that crap to PS5 if you ask me.

Edit: I'm gonna have a talk with KB's attitude.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11097 Posts

I wasn't buying it for the multiplayer, but it sucks they're not even attempting it after a lot of people were looking forward to it. It's gonna diminish value for them.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nice.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I wasn't buying it for the multiplayer, but it sucks they're not even attempting it after a lot of people were looking forward to it. It's gonna diminish value for them.

Neither was I. That last MP was okay but it got boring afterwards. Totally not worth the efforts if you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So Sony charge people for PS+ for what reason?

At this point it's pretty much fraud by Sony.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@i_p_daily: I hate to say this but your post has some truth to it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jcrame10

@davillain-: sorry, I didn’t see the part you put in the hidden spoilers thing. But yeah this is crazy. TLOU is my favorite MP and I’ve been playing it for 6 years straight. I have over a months time logged into supply raid, survivors and interrogation.

As for KB I think he’s reached the point of no return lol

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jcrame10

@davillain-: can I also ask if you really think this multiplayer got boring and is not worth it, what is possibly better? It’s so unique and team based as compared to the generic FPS shooter games we always get. It offers way more than something like Call of Duty, Battlefield and Titanfall offer.

The only thing that really comes close to the tactical/strategy elements of it is Rainbow Six Siege.

Also the community is huge with so many people still playing it. You’ll find a game any day, anytime instantly

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

I respect that.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Lol @ some of those in the cow community praising less value in their upcoming game by omitting multiplayer.

While the last game’s multiplayer was often called a crawling simulator, it was still original and fun. Now a large fan base is being left out in the sequel.

Dumb move. Less features means less value.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

I have zero interest in multiplayer so this is great news. Too many story-drivren singleplayer games have been ruined or at least hampered by an included multiplayer mode. I like the fact that Sony focuses on singleplayer. If I wanted multiplayer I had chosen xbox live any time over PS+.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Because Sony doesn't have ANY multiplayer exclusives on the ps4, right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

@jcrame10: I'm not sure if you remember this part but gamers were really angry about TLOU was gonna have tack-on MP the first time it was mention. No one expected MP during TLOU development and looking at TLOU2 now, it seems Naughty Dogs learn from their mistake and not to include it. It's not that MP is boring, it was fun but I see no point in having MP in TLOU2. Horizon, God of War 4, and just about every PS4 exclusive didn't have tack-on MP and single players this gen has proven you don't need MP.

And I'll just say that I had a little nice conversation with KB and I'll leave it like that.

@i_p_daily said:

So Sony charge people for PS+ for what reason?

At this point it's pretty much fraud by Sony.

It's basically a fraud and the fact PS4 is mainly for exclusives, you'll only pay online for 3rd party games with MP? In other words, Sony wants to be MS.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@jcrame10: don’t you mean new. “gameplay”?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#24 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@jcrame10:

This doesn't affect me one bit. I always avoided Last of Us mp, anyway. Multiplayer gets old fast for me.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

I’m shocked to say that TLOU2 will not include the sequel to one of the most tactical, competitive uniquely fun MPs ever created and will be single player only. This is a huge letdown and something I have been looking forward to for YEARS. Why am I even paying for PS Plus when Sony is offering hardly any MP experiences on PS4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/9/26/20885307/the-last-of-us-2-no-mp-multiplayer

Also, here’s some new single player gameplay. I don’t think many are aware new footage has been released.

https://youtu.be/QqyK8YGlShA

https://youtu.be/EWSpoJCFmQ4

i remember you calling this better than splatoon lol

who won now chump. lol

splatoon 3 gonna be hype.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#26 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Wait, the first TLoU had multiplayer?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: TLOU mp is better than Splatoon. Splatoon has problems that were not addressed in the sequel

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Good! I'm in for that.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

A bit disappointed that there's no MP. But I didn't play the MP as much anyway. Oh well.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

That is disappointing to me. The multiplayer was interesting. It would have been good for them to go big this time.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: TLOU mp is better than Splatoon. Splatoon has problems that were not addressed in the sequel

yea i also have issue but not the baby garbage you complained about.

-" map rotation sucks...i want to play the mode i want to play when i want it! not the same map for 2 hours!"

just you playstation badass trying to challenge authority.

the issues i have is from actually playing the game! i have 500 hours logged in on splatoon 2

- they need to count objective time and kills so that when the match ends you get ranked from 1st to 4th in order of best player. and if you lose the top guy loses the least amount of points.

im tired of a teammate disconnecting or being a dumbass in the corner in a ranked game and i lose just as many points as him in the end.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts

I'm not pleased about this news at all. I've spent hours playing on the first game playing multiplayer as well as single player. I don't really know why people are happy about this because, the multiplayer shouldn't effect the single player as long as both modes are made with equal value and attention.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Wait, the first TLoU had multiplayer?

It was "tack-on" MP that borrow from Uncharted MP.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#34 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@BIOKILLER123 said:

I'm not pleased about this news at all. I've spent hours playing on the first game playing multiplayer as well as single player. I don't really know why people are happy about this because, the multiplayer shouldn't effect the single player as long as both modes are made with equal value and attention.

no MP means more dev resources went into the SP which is what most people care about for this series

Sn0man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sn0man
Member since 2019 • 85 Posts

@jcrame10: "will be single player only."

Good. I'm glad they're focusing their efforts on making a story based RPG and not trying to just please everybody. If you want multiplayer I hear fallout 76 needs more players.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'm really disappointed a story-driven single player franchise that won multiple game of the year awards for its first entry which is largely considered a masterpiece does not pander to the MP crowd. Not.

I mean there definitely isn't a million 'me too' MP shooters like Fortnite and Overwatch and a shit ton of single player shooters which have MP support to appease those desperate for MP action so we clearly must devote tons of dev time to tacking it on to a very obviously single player oriented experience just for them. Right?

Oh and PS+ is optional I have never ever paid for it and never will. If you want great MP buy a PC where it's much better and of course, free. Little tip there for you MP console only types.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Let's be honest. Sony have given up on MP. They'll continue to charge for the ability to play MP games, and let 3rd party developers make the games.

Shame, because I spent a lot of time on tlou MP, and thought it was Sony's best mp game.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:
@BIOKILLER123 said:

no MP means more dev resources went into the SP which is what most people care about for this series

"no MP means more dev resources went into the SP" Obviously. From what I see on the net it seems roughly a mixture of people are either happy, or disappointed about the exclusion of the multiplayer mode.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

Just to make things clear, for people who are complaining about the lack of Multiplayer (MP) in TLOU2.

This is going to be Naughty Dog's longest game they have made till now, which means, longer than both TLOU and Uncharted 4 which are like 20 hours long so it's understandable why they didn't bother with MP. I'd rather have a lengthy, polished single player campaign with no online modes than have it be sacrificed just for a tacked-on MP mode. Although, TLOU's MP was a nice addition but it wasn't a selling point. MP is not so important for story driven games like TLOU and I personally don't care much for online modes anyways!

It's very clear Naughty Dog's are working hard making this the very best single player game and get it out the door early 2020 so they can work on something else for PS5.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@phbz said:

Good!

agree

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jcrame10

You people who are saying “good” and don’t care about those who want it are honestly sad.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Ive been dying from laughter at how many Sony fanboys that I have actually seen use TLOU MP to prove PS4 has great MP now say it doesn't matter/wont miss it on twitter.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Good, they can focus completely on the single player aspect. The MP of the first game was meh, anyway.

Did the first one suffer from a lack of SP focus? LOL

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Maybe. What sucks to me is, they charged $60 for the first one and it did have MP and I did play it on PS3 where it didn't cost. It was a good MP experience imo. So now when Sony expects money to access MP they are going to charge $60 for the sequel with no MP?

I mean it wont stop me from buying the game as it didn't GoW. But this is why I don't pay for PS Plus.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#44 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I was surprised at first but if it means that they can focus on polishing the campaign and its fundamentals then this is a good thing.

The MP in the original was quite unique but also very difficult. I wasn't very good at it and people screamed into their mics a lot.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#45 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

Lame. Multiplayer in the first game was so good.

Sn0man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sn0man
Member since 2019 • 85 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

You people who are saying “good” and don’t care about those who want it are honestly sad.

You can't always get what you want.

But if you try sometime you find you get what you need.

There are a million other multiplayer games. Go play one and quit whining.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cainetao11

@jcrame10 said:

Right? People are acting like TLOU suffered because it had MP. Its all lil bitch bullcrap. You have every right to voice your complaint as these little turds do when their panties are in a bunch.

"GOOD!! IM TOO SCARED TO PLAY GAMES WITH/AGAINST OTHERS!! I HAVE A MANGINAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@sn0man: Such a hot take.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

No MP means I might actually buy this game now. Will play TLOU through PS+ so I am ready for what's shaping as a great sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#50 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

People can like Sony 1st party games or not. I'm generally not the biggest fan but, outside Rockstar, there's really nothing comparable when it comes to production value. The game will most probably be way more expensive than the original and the price tag is unchanged.

Maybe if you guys cry a bit more and create enough fake outrage they'll add some shitty online mode.