Titanfall is poised for legendary status

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

Titanfall as everyone here is aware, is the most anticipated game of 2014, and maybe ever. Take into account that it is exclusive to Microsoft (Xbox One, Xbox 360 and of course PC/Windows Live). The question must be asked, Are we ready for a new type of FPS? I say absolutely!

The FPS series has been dominated by Halo and CoD for consoles, and of course Battlefield on the PC. Others have tried to reach that mountain top (Resistance, Killzone and Crysis) but have never came close to the success of the 3 franchises above. When Halo came on, it completely revolutionized what FPS could do, could be and could look like. Call of Duty has also had great success installing WWII and later modern warfare into the mix and also Battlefield for its large scale combat.

But fans of FPS were let down by Halo 4, not because it was bad.... it was good, but because it didn't add anything new. Same with CoD, since Modern Warfare 2 the series has been almost identical each game, and while Battlefield has great success with its huge scale battles. People want something different. We got tired of all the WWII style shooters, we begged developers for something new. They delivered. Now we been begging for something new, something fresh, something revolutionary!

As it stands, that change we all crave, could come in the form of a Titan. Titanfall could change and once again revolutionize the FPS series like Halo did back in 2001.

Titanfall is poised to stand along side Master Chief, Call of Duty and Battlefield as the best of the best in FPS.

You have to wonder if PS will ever be a valuable option for a FPS console?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm sure this will go well

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Can't wait to get it on PC.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

now do the titanfall graphics comparison with the PC lol

also this game will be to this gen what Cod 4 was to last gen

pinkforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pinkforhire
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Titanfall as everyone here is aware, is the most anticipated game of 2014, and maybe ever. Take into account that it is exclusive to Microsoft (Xbox One, Xbox 360 and of course PC/Windows Live). The question must be asked, Are we ready for a new type of FPS? I say absolutely!

The FPS series has been dominated by Halo and CoD for consoles, and of course Battlefield on the PC. Others have tried to reach that mountain top (Resistance, Killzone and Crysis) but have never came close to the success of the 3 franchises above. When Halo came on, it completely revolutionized what FPS could do, could be and could look like. Call of Duty has also had great success installing WWII and later modern warfare into the mix and also Battlefield for its large scale combat.

But fans of FPS were let down by Halo 4, not because it was bad.... it was good, but because it didn't add anything new. Same with CoD, since Modern Warfare 2 the series has been almost identical each game, and while Battlefield has great success with its huge scale battles. People want something different. We got tired of all the WWII style shooters, we begged developers for something new. They delivered. Now we been begging for something new, something fresh, something revolutionary!

As it stands, that change we all crave, could come in the form of a Titan. Titanfall could change and once again revolutionize the FPS series like Halo did back in 2001.

Titanfall is poised to stand along side Master Chief, Call of Duty and Battlefield as the best of the best in FPS.

Beautifully done!

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I cant believe this game is using source...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrXboxOne

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Lemscum in being totally fucking delusional shocker.

On a similar note, what is it with lems and Joker avatars? He stopped being relevant five years ago. Oh wait! Just like the Xbox brand! Now I get it!

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

I MIGHT get it. On PC ofcoarse...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Can't wait to get it on PC.. I hope my GTX 570 can handle it though.

Think my GTX 570 can outperform the XB1 version?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Remember the superhype for Shadow Fall? That ended well.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrXboxOne

@GhoX: yeah. The difference is, Shadow had a grand total of ZERO awards at any convention. While has Titanfall had over 60 At one show.

I think Titanfall will be just fine.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

if you think titanfall will flop, you're an idiot and blind.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Just watched titanfall on the xbox one preview.....game looks scary good

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I call a 9 on Gamespot. I've never been into multiplayer games but hopefully this generation changes that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Consoles ruined FPS genre. Been dead for years.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

My God, I wish people would shut up about this game. You'd this this is exclusive GTA6 or something the way Lems go on about this. A few awards does not mean this game is proven. You guys do realize this game is selling the vast majority of its copies on 360,right?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Any thread about TitanFall (not coming to PS4) and can piss cows off this much is epic in my book. 10/10

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@pinkforhire said:

@mrxboxone said:

Beautifully done!

Excellent Flawless victory!!!

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#21 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

TitanFall will be about as legendary as COD, but with less sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
@stereointegrity said:

now do the titanfall graphics comparison with the PC lol

also this game will be to this gen what Cod 4 was to last gen

@stereointegrity: I hope it will be. We need a new FPS that will define and revolutionize the genre.

Spam2k2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spam2k2k
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Titanfall as everyone here is aware, is the most anticipated game of 2014, and maybe ever.

Looking forward to it myself, but stopped reading here.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Multiplat, it's irrelevant.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I just don't see why everybody is so excited about Titanfall.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shawn30

@gameofthering said:

I just don't see why everybody is so excited about Titanfall.

Likely if you already like what you've seen of the videos, the game has simply impressed every journalist who's played it and won numerous awards at ever trade show its debuted at with long lines and great impressions. Of course the game won't appeal to everyone as we all have different tastes, but if the videos hype you and then you read all those glowing previews from fans and ton of websites its hard not to get hyped. I am so ready for Titanfall.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Titanfall as everyone here is aware, is the most anticipated game of 2014, and maybe ever.

Jesus son. Get a grip. How long have you been gaming. I'm guessing 5-10 years. Never heard of Fallout 4, Half Life 3, The Witcher 3 or even Destiny and watchdogs which are all more relevant to actual gamers then this bro-shooter.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

So I guess the lems are excited for CoD gamers 2.0 twice as young, twice the potty mouth

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Shooter with mechs... respawn.

so exciting...

not.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@shawn30: I'm only basing my impression off of the media currently released. I'll give it a shoot for sure if they have a demo or beta on the PC. Only then will I give judgement towards the game.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Lems are setting themselves up again. Praising a game before it's reviewed & say it's legendary.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

I don't think it will do as well as it's hyped to do. It will be a big seller but nowhere near COD. For one, it's not visually appealing enough and for two, a lot of those brogamers like SP, too.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#33 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

So what will this game look like on 360? It has always looked fun, but not visually impressive at all tbh. I don't doubt that it will be a hit as long as it's advertised heavily though.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shawn30

@clr84651 said:

Lems are setting themselves up again. Praising a game before it's reviewed & say it's legendary.

Isn't this happening with Drive Club and Infamous right now, lol.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@clr84651 said:

Yes, it's a bad thing to do. I don't take part in these kinds of things. Most of the time they eat crow with this behavior.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@clr84651 said:

LOL

How is the hype even within the same stratosphere?

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like a little substance to my games. A plot...storyline...interesting characters...a little something more in terms of gameplay than just running around tiny, linear levels shooting at the first opposing player that runs across the screen.

But hey, if that sort of stuff tickles your fancy...then by all means. I'm sure you'll have a blast with Titanfall.

To me, it's a simple case of "been there, done that...don't give a shit anymore."

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Not really, market is still extremely over saturated with shooters and the Xbox One isn't poised to gain Microsoft a large enough foothold for Titanfall to truly take off. The game looks fun but it's extremely hard to pull people away from series they enjoy.

Unless it gets a huge push on the Xbox 360 and PC, I don't see it taking over or reaching any sort of "legendary" status. Furthermore the tech is old and the developer gets pretty single minded about things and doesn't make the best decisions that keep a series fresh.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

ITS GOING TO BE GREATEST OF ALL TIME BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY MAKING 1 TITANFALL !!!!!

I swear you guys are paid fucking shills

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

That tiny titanfall stick holding up the Xbone. Genuinely hope it's as good as everyone is hyping up to be because LOL if it bombs.

I can get a hold of an old 360 pretty easily so may try it out.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#40 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

Okay, if any lemming claims the hype for this game is less than 9, I think they should be banned from the forum for outright lying.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Have we seen this game running on Xbox one?? Nope just pc then lol can't wait to see this game running in 720p while pc shows off the graphics.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Haha, now it's "Microsoft exclusive", this is even worse then when cows say buh buh buh Metacritic

wasted_wlsdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wasted_wlsdom
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Most anticipated? Yeah by lemmings maybe.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

1. best on pc

2. lol fps with controller

3. noob gamer, this looks like shit, even the garbage Destiny is more fresh.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

1. best on pc

2. lol fps with controller

3. noob gamer, this looks like shit, even the garbage Destiny is more fresh.

nah, this looks pretty fun

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Next year can't come any sooner ? i can't wait to see this game flop.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@clr84651 said:

it doesn't even come close. The Hype for titan fall is about twice and growing as the one for The Last of Us.

Legendary status just because it's not on PS4 *chuckles*

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrXboxOne

Heres a fun fact. Did you know Titanfall won more awards at any one convention then the entire PS4 library combind (with zero awards lol)?

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Heres a fun fact. Did you know Titanfall won more awards at any one convention then the entire PS4 library combind (with zero awards lol)?

so a multiplat won more awards?