This guy says that M$ should acquire Nvidia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

can you imagine if that happened? M$ already has a huge monopoly with Windows and if they did that... OMG... I don't even want to think about it... There must be some kind of law that blocks M$ from doing something like this.

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/microsoft-news/watch-for-microsoft-to-acquire-nokia-nvi/240062631

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Lol.

Nvidia would die if that happens. Microsoft is just the cancer of virtually everything.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Glorious.
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Nvidia + MS = No buy

AMD for me if that happens.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Dat Korean owner will never sell, as stated before.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

can you imagine if that happened? M$ already has a huge monopoly with Windows and if they did that... OMG... I don't even want to think about it... There must be some kind of law that blocks M$ from doing something like this.

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/microsoft-news/watch-for-microsoft-to-acquire-nokia-nvi/240062631

Gue1
NVIDIA's "dear leader" would want to be the CEO i.e. one of the key stumbling block with AMD's takeover.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Dat Korean owner will never sell, as stated before.

Mr_BillGates
Jen-Hsun Huang is not Korean.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
That would be a disaster.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I would stop supporting Nvidia and jump ship to AMD.
crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

Doesn't bother me in the least. If Nvidia is able to provide a great performance card that more affordable than AMD, then I will go with nvidia. I vote with my wallet.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
It seems logical but MS has never shown any serious desire to acquire large PC hardware companies.
Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
This aint gonna happen, Nvidia wont accept this.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
He dollaraydollar Microdollaroft idollar in a podollarition to buy Nvidia and adollardollarumedollar that the didollarcudollardollarion idollar at leadollart taking place.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Either way it sounds like bogus to me. I'm no doctor though.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

NOOOO TAKE AMD INSTEAD THEY'RE GOING DOWN ANYWAY

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

M$ clearly shows no interest in PC gaming. But then again. M$ does show interest in smaller things:P If this xbox tablet is true, Nvidia's tegra would be a good buy.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
That would be pretty anticompetitive so I'm sure M$ would love to do it.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
exactly! they have a history of hardware marketing failure. There is another product that I don't remember its name now. It's a computer game device and its name starts with x or something...
This comment made me chuckle. On topic, I don't really see it happening.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE=""]exactly! they have a history of hardware marketing failure. There is another product that I don't remember its name now. It's a computer game device and its name starts with x or something...starjet905
This comment made me chuckle. On topic, I don't really see it happening.

made me chuckle in the fact its a lie.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

What if MS bought Sony?

Would it be game over for cows? :P

Anyway, I think people over-rate MS' financial power.

They're powerful, sure, but so is Apple and a host of other companies.

Infact, even Sony, despite loosing lots of money, still has quite some reserve (much more so than Nintendo, who are a "small fish" when compared to these corporations; The fact that they're able to compete with them is testimony of their greatness, as a games as well as business company).

And despite Apple having the most income, companies like Samsung are a lot more wealthy.

Dem dishwashers tend to sell...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

MS can prevent anyone else from buying Nvidia. They have a 'first right refusal' deal if someone trys to buy Nvidias shares. Meaning they get first dibs.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

lol, the fear in sony fans' responses is so strong. :P (j/k)

ClassicRockFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ClassicRockFTW
Member since 2012 • 1106 Posts

Lol.

Nvidia would die if that happens. Microsoft is just the cancer of virtually everything.

GamerwillzPS

While using windows? lolok

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Lol.

ClassicRockFTW

that's the monopoly. You just can't run away from Windows, specially if you're a programmer because the best tools are on Windows and always will be. Mirosoft is probably the only company on our history that is virtually impossible for it to go bankruptcy. Windows is freaking vital for mostly everything related to technology. Even Sony has no other way than to develop PS3 games on Windows! And what about Nintendo that forces their workers to use only Macs? I bet Wii games are made on Windows too.

The day MS buys Nvdia sht will get real. I know there are many Xbox fans that believe this is a good thing because they are blinded by fanboyism but monopoly is anything but good.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Well this would suck. Microsoft would revert their product development resources into mobile ARM/GPU development over traditional desktop GPUs.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#26 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

That would kill competition as we know it.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

There's a much bigger picture in there than MS buying Nvidia, the main point of the article is Microsoft going into producing and selling only their own hardware and potentially limiting windows to that hardware.

It's quick way to rapidly kill their software (core) business as a large proportion of the PC manufacturing industry would transfer to another operating system, even if it was through necessity. Dell and HP sell more desktop PC's (and laptops in Dells case) than Apple. I've yet to see an office block, school or university that has buildings full of apple PC's, I've seen plenty, all over the world, that are full of Dell and HP PC's, all running a windows OS. Dell and the likes will not go out of business because they can't use windows anymore.

Windows isn't the largest, most widely used operating system software on the planet because you have to buy Microsoft hardware. The moment they limit the operating system to their own hardware, they will lose a massive market and open the door to Linux.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Lol.

Gue1

that's the monopoly. You just can't run away from Windows, specially if you're a programmer because the best tools are on Windows and always will be. Mirosoft is probably the only company on our history that is virtually impossible for it to go bankruptcy. Windows is freaking vital for mostly everything related to technology. Even Sony has no other way than to develop PS3 games on Windows! And what about Nintendo that forces their workers to use only Macs? I bet Wii games are made on Windows too.

Then your blame should be on the developers that flock to Windows to develop their software.

Microsoft has a "monopoly" in the desktop OS market because the market put it there.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
Nothing would change. If anything things would get better. I remember people saying the same crap about skype, but skype is much better off now that MS owns it.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Game21x

There's a much bigger picture in there than MS buying Nvidia, the main point of the article is Microsoft going into producing and selling only their own hardware and potentially limiting windows to that hardware.

It's quick way to rapidly kill their software (core) business as a large proportion of the PC manufacturing industry would transfer to another operating system, even if it was through necessity. Dell and HP sell more desktop PC's (and laptops in Dells case) than Apple. I've yet to see an office block, school or university that has buildings full of apple PC's, I've seen plenty, all over the world, that are full of Dell and HP PC's, all running a windows OS. Dell and the likes will not go out of business because they can't use windows anymore.

Windows isn't the largest, most widely used operating system software on the planet because you have to buy Microsoft hardware. The moment they limit the operating system to their own hardware, they will lose a massive market and open the door to Linux.

GarGx1

Which is exactly why they would never do that. Microsoft may be a bit slow on the uptake in terms of recognizing and pouncing on market trends (Zune...) but they aren't stupid.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

Haha! If that happens, i would never buy another Nvidia card again... i dont support M$, they killed some of my favorite video game studios, and completely destroyed the Xbox experience for me. Im glad my friend gave me hes Windows 7 copy.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Game21x

Haha! If that happens, i would never buy another Nvidia card again... i dont support M$, they killed some of my favorite video game studios, and completely destroyed the Xbox experience for me. Im glad my friend gave me hes Windows 7 copy.

telefanatic

And yet you use Windows...

Regardless of whether or not you paid for it, you're still part of the problem, any way you slice it.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Lol.

Gue1

The day MS buys Nvdia sht will get real. I know there are many Xbox fans that believe this is a good thing because they are blinded by fanboyism but monopoly is anything but good.

MS hasn't been a monopoly for a while but the best tools are indeed in Windows and they're made by MS. MS used to make crappy products in the 90s and early 2000s but now they have the best OS and best tools out there and that has its own merits, good products should be recognized. MS would not go into the hardware business because margins aren't as good.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

Some serious MS hate going on in here. I don't think I would like it, but if they keep putting out the better cards, I would continue to buy them.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Lol.

GamerwillzPS
You must be living in the 90's still.