Things PS4 has to do to not fvck up like they always do.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

1) No more scripted gameplay

2) Get rid of Quantic Dream

3) Actually give a fvck about gameplay

4) Quit focusing only on graphics

5) Quit bragging about hardware

6) Give a fvck about your games and advertise the sh!t out of them

7) Quit overpricing your sh!t

Finally....

8) Point and laugh at anyone who wants to make an interactive movie (especially Naughty Dog)

All of this is why the PS3 fvcked up. Do these things and they're good.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
600 US Dollars Non transferable PSN games from the PS3 (already happened) No BC (already happened) No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

600 US Dollars Non transferable PSN games from the PS3 (already happened) No BC (already happened) No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console RyanShazam

I'll bet you that's what EA will do.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
launch the console with a $400 price tag
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

$ony fvcking up is in their nature, it's inevitable that the PS4 will be lol worthy when compared other products.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts

Finally....

8) Point and laugh at anyone who wants to make an interactive movie (especially Naughty Dog)

sonic1564
LOL wow someone's angry. How is the last console that's still standing this gen and still making games this gen the one that fked up?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

no.

heavy rain and uncharted are awesome. period.

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuddenlySudden
You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.Ninja-Hippo
Cows along with other game makers are loving the scripted gameplay style. *clears throad* Lara Croft. *Clears throat* Bioshock Infinite. Please don't disagree so I won't have to own you
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RyanShazam
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.SuddenlySudden
Cows along with other game makers are loving the scripted gameplay style. *clears throad* Lara Croft. *Clears throat* Bioshock Infinite. Please don't disagree so I won't have to own you

Bioshock Infinite is far from a cinematic/scripted game like the TC was referring to.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.SuddenlySudden

Never said scripted games only exist on the Playstation numnuts, said cows in particular have absolutely loved them this gen so there's no reason why not making games like that should be a priority for Sony. The entire PS3 generation from start to finish was about cinematic games with good graphics. Right from that very first Killzone 2 trailer to Heavy Rain through MGS4 to three Uncharted games, they were game-movie hybrids with an emphasis on cinematic experiences. The new Killzone trailer for the PS4 followed the exact same formula. It looked like a sci-fi movie shot in first person.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

$ony fvcking up is in their nature, it's inevitable that the PS4 will be lol worthy when compared other products.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Please, the Wii U is the laughing stock of the century.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.Ninja-Hippo

Never said scripted games only exist on the Playstation numnuts, said cows in particular have absolutely loved them this gen so there's no reason why not making games like that should be a priority for Sony. The entire PS3 generation from start to finish was about cinematic games with good graphics. Right from that very first Killzone 2 trailer to Heavy Rain through MGS4 to three Uncharted games, they were game-movie hybrids with an emphasis on cinematic experiences. The new Killzone trailer for the PS4 followed the exact same formula. It looked like a sci-fi movie shot in first person.

I disagree about the first Uncharted game.
Grim_Reaper007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Grim_Reaper007
Member since 2003 • 408 Posts

Sony should ship every console with a package of bacon and a box of condoms.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] Cows along with other game makers are loving the scripted gameplay style. *clears throad* Lara Croft. *Clears throat* Bioshock Infinite. Please don't disagree so I won't have to own youRyanShazam

I disagree about the first Uncharted game.

Yeah I'd agree with you actually, it wasn't anywhere as scripted.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

600 US Dollars Non transferable

PSN games from the PS3 (already happened)
No BC (already happened)

No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console RyanShazam

600 US Dollars Non transferable:Very doubtful from what we've heard already from Sony and rumours, $500 max but will probably be cheaper.

No BC (already happened)
:
These 2 are the same thing, PS4 is not BC so obviously that includes every PS3 game even if PSN only. PS3 still works and PSN games will still be linked to your PSN account, you just need a PS3 to access them (or who knows what they will do with Gaikai)

No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console:Technically this is nothing new or PS4 specific technology, we have online pass, we could have single player pass (which would be activated online, like PC games). Seems like something EA would love to try though.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Do the opposite M$ does. That's about it.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]600 US Dollars Non transferable

No BC (already happened)

No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console SaltyMeatballs

600 US Dollars Non transferable:Very doubtful from what we've heard already from Sony and rumours, $500 max but will probably be cheaper.

No BC (already happened)
:
These 2 are the same thing, PS4 is not BC so obviously that includes every PS3 game even if PSN only. PS3 still works and PSN games will still be linked to your PSN account, you just need a PS3 to access them (or who knows what they will do with Gaikai)

No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console: Technically this is nothing new or PS4 specific technology, we have online pass, we could have single player pass (which would be activated online, like PC games). Seems like something EA would love to try though.

I always like to sell my old consoles at the end of each gen but now I cant because I have 40+ PS3 games I wont be able to use on my PS4. Thats upsetting. I also stopped purchasing items on PSN because they wont be able to transfer over.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

without being the cheapest bluray player on the market this time around i wonder how sony thinks they'll get people to buy the ps4, especially after the dismal performance by the ps3. :(

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kuraimen
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.RyanShazam

Bioshock Infinite is far from a cinematic/scripted game like the TC was referring to.

It's as cinematic and scripted as Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 actually...
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

I don't see how Sony can offer the specs they are putting in the PS4 at an affordable price. I see the console being expensive. Around $500 expensive. I also think they will be charging for multiplayer.

The way I  see  the PS4 launch  going

-$500 console

-No backwards compatibility

- Charging  for multiplayer

-  No system selling software

No thanks 

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RyanShazam
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] Cows along with other game makers are loving the scripted gameplay style. *clears throad* Lara Croft. *Clears throat* Bioshock Infinite. Please don't disagree so I won't have to own you

Bioshock never takes you out of the action just to throw a cutscene in your face.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuddenlySudden

[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]You're listing things that cows have eaten up this gen. Cows friggin' LOVE scripted gameplay and good graphics. Show them a game which looks like a movie and they'll hype the sh!t out of it regardless. Also, the PS3 was never over-priced. It was a bargain for what you got. Expensive is not the same as over-priced.Ninja-Hippo

well if sony fans like those games then how did sony fk up? I just don't understand the logic behing bashing the last man standing. Resistace, MGS4, infamous, demons souls, heavenly sword, white knight chronicles I and II, god of war 3 and A, there are plenty of games that don't follow that method. And also by non cinematic experiences what exactly do you mean?
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Do the opposite M$ does. That's about it.kuraimen

End thread !

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]600 US Dollars Non transferable

No BC (already happened)

No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console RyanShazam

No BC (already happened)
:

No used games (up to publisher) That would be or is my beef with the console: Technically this is nothing new or PS4 specific technology, we have online pass, we could have single player pass (which would be activated online, like PC games). Seems like something EA would love to try though.

I always like to sell my old consoles at the end of each gen but now I cant because I have 40+ PS3 games I wont be able to use on my PS4. Thats upsetting. I also stopped purchasing items on PSN because they wont be able to transfer over.

Ultimately BC is not an essential as PS3's continue to work once PS4 is out (so there could still be reason to keep PS3 hooked up to TV instead of feeling like its an old unused box under the TV because of lack of BC in PS4), and they will continue to support PS3 like they did the PS2 when PS3 was out. It would be a nice bonus, only need one console under the TV and can sell the old console (though this argument is offset somewhat by them saving money and PS4 being ultimately cheaper due to no BC)

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Do the opposite M$ does. That's about it.DISSESHOWEDO

End thread !

Imagine if they did that with the PS3? You would have no trophies, a crappy multiplayer and no games.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Sonic threads always deliver.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9591 Posts

Microsoft fanboys are some funny creatures aren't they... lol

Always crying about what PS3 did wrong because 360 did nothing for the past couple of years...

Sure, SONY screwed up with the PS3... it sucked overall, so did the 360 and Wii. The whole long drawn out generation was bad.

Like I always said (except for Nintendo) the whole generation was a "guinea pig" generation. SONY and Microsoft were simply trying some things out in an overblown drawn out beta of sorts so they can release "true next gen" consoles this coming generation.

Sure, PC's will always have the edge, but this next gen. will be the biggest closing gap ever between what matters the most. No, it isn't graphics, it is developmental vision. With the higher specs it is almost guaranteed that both the PS4 and 720 will not have major restrictions that hold there games back.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kuraimen
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"] Bioshock Infinite is far from a cinematic/scripted game like the TC was referring to.

Bioshock never takes you out of the action just to throw a cutscene in your face.

So that's the only reason to make it cinematic? And there are portions of Bioshock that take the control away from you. The difference between those and the type of cut-scenes you get in KZ2 and UC2 is negligible.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuraimen
[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Do the opposite M$ does. That's about it.Miketheman83

End thread !

Imagine if they did that with the PS3? You would have no trophies, a crappy multiplayer and no games.

No trophies, free multiplayer and games. It looks like Sony followed my advice except in the first option.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

With the movie department being the only division making money, it's clear why $ony tried to push that philosophy into their games. How long will it last though until people realize they can get the same experience by watching a lets play on YouTube?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

reasonable price
online that is easy to use, convenient and not slow(PSN was too inconsistent this gen)
Party system(c'mon, its 2013)
good controller(its looking like sony delivered on this front. The DS3 was such a crap controller)
Dont force me to use that gimmicky touchpad in games
Free online

The PS4 looks like a huge improvement over the PS3 so far. Its still a little too early to tell how good its gonna be though.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RyanShazam
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] It's as cinematic and scripted as Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 actually...

So that's the only reason to make it cinematic? And there are portions of Bioshock that take the control away from you. The difference between those and the type of cut-scenes you get in KZ2 and UC2 is negligible.

Most of the scenes in Bioshock you don't even need to be a part of. "No, it's definitely not going to be one giant action sequence," lead artist Shaun Robertson told Eurogamer in an interview. "It will be a game that'll definitely have a couple of set pieces, but it's not going to be watching a movie and going from big moment to big moment to big moment."
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Bioshock never takes you out of the action just to throw a cutscene in your face.RyanShazam

Most of the scenes in Bioshock you don't even need to be a part of.

Wut? If having cut scenes is what makes a game cinematic then 90% of the games out there are cinematic.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] It's as cinematic and scripted as Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 actually...

I think there's a couple things that separate Bioshock from Sony exclusives. It actually has good gameplay. The stories are actually pretty brilliant. Playing a Sony game is like watching a really, really bad movie.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Bioshock never takes you out of the action just to throw a cutscene in your face.Miketheman83

I think there's a couple things that separate Bioshock from Sony exclusives. It actually has good gameplay. The stories are actually pretty brilliant. Playing a Sony game is like watching a really, really bad movie.

What would you know lemming? you guys don't even have games
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Apple treees on the moonwall.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] So that's the only reason to make it cinematic? And there are portions of Bioshock that take the control away from you. The difference between those and the type of cut-scenes you get in KZ2 and UC2 is negligible.

What would you know lemming? you guys don't even have games

neither do you :lol:
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RyanShazam
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] So that's the only reason to make it cinematic? And there are portions of Bioshock that take the control away from you. The difference between those and the type of cut-scenes you get in KZ2 and UC2 is negligible.

Most of the scenes in Bioshock you don't even need to be a part of.

Wut? If having cut scenes is what makes a game cinematic then 90% of the games out there are cinematic.

The game is watch a cutscene, fight through a corridor and then watch another cutscene. If that isn't heavily scripted then I don't know what is. Bioshock Infinite has way more freedom in the game. There are hidden rooms to explore. There is a ton of side story to be missed if exploration is ignored. The game doesn't force cutscenes on you. The game hardly takes away control from the character. There are tons of reasons as to why Uncharted and KZ is heavily scripted while Bioshock Infinite isn't.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Finally....

sonic1564
This is such a stupid post is no even funny... Starting by #1 all games are scripted.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I don't see how Sony can offer the specs they are putting in the PS4 at an affordable price. I see the console being expensive. Around $500 expensive. I also think they will be charging for multiplayer.

The way I  see  the PS4 launch  going

-$500 console

-No backwards compatibility

- Charging  for multiplayer

-  No system selling software

No thanks 

Miketheman83
You can't i can easy.. PS4 vs PS3 cost. PS3. Cell $120 RSX $100+ XDR $100+ Blu-ray $120+ DRR3 $50+ PS2 Chips $40+ HDD Wifi case power supply The PS3 cost to make $800+ dollars per unit. The PS4. APU $80 to $90 dollars. GDDR 5 $120+ Blu-ray $35 at worst Hdd power supply wifi case Look at the difference the PS3 had like component that actually cost sony $100 or more on 2006,now there only one is GDDR5 because the APU is not even $100 by the estimate chart that hit the net a few weeks ago.. The PS4 should not pass $400
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

The Playstation brand is the most successful in the gaming industry. Sony just has to do what they've always done.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] well if sony fans like those games then how did sony fk up? I just don't understand the logic behing bashing the last man standing. Resistace, MGS4, infamous, demons souls, heavenly sword, white knight chronicles I and II, god of war 3 and A, there are plenty of games that don't follow that method. And also by non cinematic experiences what exactly do you mean?

Where did I say they f*cked up? Why are you so touchy? And what do I mean by non-cinematic? Games which aren't designed and developed to play and look like a film.
jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

Finally....

sonic1564

Well if they were focusing on graphics they did a really bad job at it.

wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

It needs to have FTP online cababilites. No set fee to allow me to access half my game.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

They will do things right:
Trophies for older games
Strong 1st party line-up
PS Plus

And they will do things wrong:
High price point
They will charge for online
They will not offer everything they have said they would because they always do.

You can say that about every console Publisher.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"] Most of the scenes in Bioshock you don't even need to be a part of.

The game is watch a cutscene, fight through a corridor and then watch another cutscene. If that isn't heavily scripted then I don't know what is. Bioshock Infinite has way more freedom in the game. There are hidden rooms to explore. There is a ton of side story to be missed if exploration is ignored. The game doesn't force cutscenes on you. The game hardly takes away control from the character. There are tons of reasons as to why Uncharted and KZ is heavily scripted while Bioshock Infinite isn't.

The scripting is more of a gameplay thing, kz2/uc are relatively the same between different playthroughs, bioshock can change wildly depending on the vigors you choose to use, the game play events are less scripted.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50639 Posts

Finally....

sonic1564
Delete your account.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SuddenlySudden
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SuddenlySudden"] well if sony fans like those games then how did sony fk up? I just don't understand the logic behing bashing the last man standing. Resistace, MGS4, infamous, demons souls, heavenly sword, white knight chronicles I and II, god of war 3 and A, there are plenty of games that don't follow that method. And also by non cinematic experiences what exactly do you mean?

Where did I say they f*cked up? Why are you so touchy? And what do I mean by non-cinematic? Games which aren't designed and developed to play and look like a film.

Isn't it the aim of all game makers to make their games play as smoothly as possible and make their character behave as realistically as possible?So then if these things are done so well that they blend and click like cogs all seamlessly to an extent that you actually feel like you're controlling characters in a movie becuause the environment is just so alive...how exactly is that a bad thing? And can you give an example of these games that aren't designed to play and look like a film? Every video game's goal is to tell a story so you don't feel like you're level chasing and just shooting random 3d models with another random 3d models. If you're talking gameplay mechanics, tell me what makes good gameplay mechanics