there is only two things wrong with the ps3 price and lack of games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

istayonfireboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 istayonfireboy
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
i see nothing other then that. i just think people are mad because it cost to much broke people always talk **** i bet if it would have launched at 300 people would have been like the ps3 is the **** f wii and 360. sad aint it.
sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 sneekite
Member since 2004 • 1599 Posts
Unfortunately, those are two very big problems. Hopefully sony can entice people to buy ps3's during E3 --> develop userbase and get more developers to make games --> get even more sales --> drop the price. As it stands now, Sony's stuck in a situation that's almost completely opposite.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
People tend to want to play GAMES at an affordable price. Bummer.
teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 teldath
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
the PS3 isnt that much more then 360, with the PS3 you get free online service. which is $50s a year on XBox, so after 4 years of gaming, the PS3 is the same price. consoles normally last about 6 years (7 at most). so in the end the PS3 is cheaper.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts
I can forgive the price, but the lack of games is really a major problem, after all what are consoles mainly for? GAMES!
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

The PS3 has plenty of games, there's just this weird notion that so long as it's on the 360 or PC too, it's mute. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Darkness and Rainbow Six: Vegas came out in the last two weeks alone. Preceding those were Oblivion, Resistance, Motor Storm, Ridge Racer 7 and Virtua Fighter 5.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PoppaLemming
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

:lol::lol: @ this cow

Price and games are the most important things and can lead to the death of your system

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts

Only two things huh?

I've seen things failwith one thing wrong.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vandalvideo

The PS3 has plenty of games, there's just this weird notion that so long as it's on the 360 or PC too, it's mute. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Darkness and Rainbow Six: Vegas came out in the last two weeks alone. Preceding those were Oblivion, Resistance, Motor Storm, Ridge Racer 7 and Virtua Fighter 5.

-Spock-
So why should I necesarrily get a PS3 then when I can get those games on either a substantially cheaper platform or substantially cheaper on a different platform?
istayonfireboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 istayonfireboy

Price and games are the most important things and can lead to the death of your system

PoppaLemming

hahaha its a shame they are dropping the price and all the games start pouring in before x-mas funny aint it lemming

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 sneekite
Member since 2004 • 1599 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Vandalvideo

So why should I necesarrily get a PS3 then when I can get those games on either a substantially cheaper platform or substantially cheaper on a different platform?

If you want those multiplat games, there's no reason to get a PS3, and that's one of Sony's biggest problems right now. They're getting PS3 sales from people who want a Hi-def movie player, casuals with brand loyalty, and cows who are willing to "invest" and wait. Once some good exclusives for PS3 come out (other than resistance) then it will be a different story, but for now it makes sense that the PS3 is selling poorly.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PoppaLemming
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts
[QUOTE="PoppaLemming"]

istayonfireboy

hahaha its a shame they are dropping the price and all the games start pouring in before x-mas funny aint it lemming

from $600 to $550? yeah that will convince the masses :lol: And a price drop hasn't been confirmed yet so you fail once again

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
There are only two things wrong with this person. He's not breathing and has no pulse.
istayonfireboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 istayonfireboy
[QUOTE="istayonfireboy"][QUOTE="PoppaLemming"]

PoppaLemming

from $600 to $550? yeah that will convince the masses :lol: And a price drop hasn't been confirmed yet so you fail once again

you would be suprised how much people will buy something with a 100 price drop so u fail lemming and its been confirmed already dont be sad when your 360 dies in 2 hours

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Spock-
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Vandalvideo

Why not indeed? But the matter at hand isn't about what I can get on other platforms, it's about what is and what isn't available for the PlayStation 3. Not everyone owns a 360 and/or a decent gaming PC, as well as a PS3. That's the user's gaming situation which is to blame, not the PS3 as a console.

So saying "the PS3 has no games" is un-true. What is true though is "the PS3 has no games, but only if you already own a PC or 360". THAT's the big difference in the argument.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
the PS3 isnt that much more then 360, with the PS3 you get free online service. which is $50s a year on XBox, so after 4 years of gaming, the PS3 is the same price. consoles normally last about 6 years (7 at most). so in the end the PS3 is cheaper.teldath
Dont forget the $30 extended warranty that you MUST buy with a new 360.
MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
[QUOTE="PoppaLemming"][QUOTE="istayonfireboy"][QUOTE="PoppaLemming"]

istayonfireboy

you would be suprised how much people will buy something with a 100 price drop so u fail lemming and its been confirmed already dont be sad when your 360 dies in 2 hours

Link to where it says that there will be a price drop before christmas?

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
[QUOTE="PoppaLemming"][QUOTE="istayonfireboy"][QUOTE="PoppaLemming"]

istayonfireboy

Umm, you do remember the $500 PS3 a few months back dont you? It still sold like garbage at that price. :(
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

-Spock-

Why not indeed? But the matter at hand isn't about what I can get on other platforms, it's about what is and what isn't available for the PlayStation 3. Not everyone owns a 360 and/or a decent gaming PC, as well as a PS3. That's the user's gaming situation which is to blame, not the PS3 as a console.

So saying "the PS3 has no games" is un-true. What is true though is "the PS3 has no games, but only if you already own a PC or 360". THAT's the big difference in the argument.

Yes, but we're discussing the inherent flaws of the system thats keeping it from obtaining a larger base. In retrospect, my statements that it has no games are entirely founded. It really doesn't have any games that would prompt one to chose it over another system.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

People tend to want to play GAMES at an affordable price. Bummer.Vandalvideo

:lol: the TC is pretty funny. i hope he's kidding.

istayonfireboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 istayonfireboy
[QUOTE="istayonfireboy"][QUOTE="PoppaLemming"][QUOTE="istayonfireboy"][QUOTE="PoppaLemming"]

Carmilla31

Umm, you do remember the $500 PS3 a few months back dont you? It still sold like garbage at that price. :(

that was the 20 gig the 60 gig sold the most so if a 60 gig drops to that price sales will blow up, its weird how the most expensive one outsells the cheap one aint it

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Spock-

Yes, but we're discussing the inherent flaws of the system thats keeping it from obtaining a larger base. In retrospect, my statements that it has no games are entirely founded. It really doesn't have any games that would prompt one to chose it over another system.Vandalvideo

Touché, good sir.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

i see nothing other then that. i just think people are mad because it cost to much broke people always talk **** i bet if it would have launched at 300 people would have been like the ps3 is the **** f wii and 360. sad aint it.istayonfireboy

A man walks into a doctors office. The doctor tells the man to sit down and says, "Sir, there are two things wrong with you." The man replies nervously, "What is it?" The doctor says, "You have brain cancer and your heart is about to explode any second" The man says, "is that all?" The Doctor replies, "I see nothing other than that." With a sigh of relief the man says, "well at least there's 'only two things wrong'"

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

I'm not sure why people say PS3 has no games. How well did the 360 do this far in its launch? PS3 has great games now and has great games coming.

Price doesn't mean a thing to the quality of the system.