The "Kiddy" game hate

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#51 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Ya everyone knows that's BS. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts both look more "kiddy" to me than Nintendo games. But whatever, people can be dumb...nitekids2004

Kingdom Hearts i can understand..but FF?

Ever see 9? That takes the anime look to a whole new level. There was that influence in 7, but not like it is in 9.

Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts

kiddy game threads are guarenteed to hit 100 posts.

And Nintendo overdoes the kiddy aspect which is why it gets so much hate

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26115 Posts

Cows defend LBP?

Last time I checked Sheep were hyped up for the game.

Cows should. That game looks killer.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#54 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26115 Posts
[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Ya everyone knows that's BS. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts both look more "kiddy" to me than Nintendo games. But whatever, people can be dumb...Video_Game_King

Kingdom Hearts i can understand..but FF?

Ever see 9? That takes the anime look to a whole new level. There was that influence in 7, but not like it is in 9.

9 was "retro". It was made to loo like it's old 8 and 16 bit installments, just like what The Wind Waker did.

Zaxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Zaxro
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
Kiddy is not synonymous with badly designed or boring. I have just as much fun with Mario games as Bioshock. Generally most people complaining about kiddy are 10-14 year olds (not liking a game because it is kiddy is one thing, it isn't to your tastes. Saying it is bad because of the kiddy is another thing).
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
People who hate 'kiddy' games are just insecure about themselves IMO. Who cares if it has anime or cartoony characters. Some of the best games out are considered 'kiddy' games by the ignorant fanboys. Some say SMG is. The very same SMG goty 2007. LBP may look kiddy but it's the artistic style. If anything, any game that plays online should be MATURE when online because there is so much vulgur language. EG: Owning an opponent in sports games -T rated- brings out this reaction sometimes. Who knows, stuff like this in LBP can happen too.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts

to me kiddy games are nin dogs, pokemon, horzes ps2, lbp.

GARRYTH

how is forcing animals that you capture to fight until they die kiddy?

i like pokemon whethter it's "kiddy" or not.

Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Brown52

People who hate 'kiddy' games are just insecure about themselves IMO. Who cares if it has anime or cartoony characters. Some of the best games out are considered 'kiddy' games by the ignorant fanboys. Some say SMG is. The very same SMG goty 2007. LBP may look kiddy but it's the artistic style. If anything, any game that plays online should be MATURE when online because there is so much vulgur language. EG: Owning an opponent in sports games -T rated- brings out this reaction sometimes. Who knows, stuff like this in LBP can happen too.tmntPunchout
Kiddy games aren't realistic and some people like to be more "in" the game. A lot of the dialogue in kiddy games is stupid and makes me stop and go, "are you kidding me? what 5 year old wrote that and decided to put it in this game?"

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

to me kiddy games are nin dogs, pokemon, horzes ps2, lbp.

the differance to me is either hated bad kiddy game to good liked kiddy game.

it depends how the games is and what you do in the game.

see cows nows lbp is kiddy but it looks fun and addictive.

nin dogs is boring kiddy game.

see the differance.

i now lbp is kiddy but it is going to be blast to play with my son and daughter.

pokemon boring bad kiddy game and nin ds is full of them.

see nin is a kids console and all ways will be because the # of kids game out # the ones that aren't by a large #.

the 360 and ps 3 mature/teen rated games out # the kids games by a large #.

GARRYTH

Go play a proper Pokemon game, then come back

Avatar image for RKfromDownunder
RKfromDownunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 RKfromDownunder
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

I will try to explain why I think most people give LBP a pass.

You brought up Animal Crossing, so I'll just use that. In Animal Crossing, what things can you do in the game? Well, dig up fossils, mail letters, pull weeds, pick fruit, fish, design your home, and a few other things. Most of those activities are very simple and accomplished with just the A button.

Now compare that to LBP. You can play through the levels (with is just basically run, grab, and jump). OR you can sit down and spend 15 minutes or 15 hours creating your own levels with physics based puzzles, which can be distributed around the world.

The point is, LBP gives you a lot more to sink your teeth into, while many (but not all) of the "kiddy" games don't really provide that kind of depth. Yes, LBP has a cute visual look to it, but there's definately something deeper in the game than say Animal Crossing.

csliney

I think you are assuming a little early that LBP is going to be a lot deeper than AC.

The reason people give LBP a pass is because they are biased towards the PS brand, the same way they complain that there are no other games on the xbox but shooters yet Resistance 2 and KZ2 will be the best games ever. SW=home of hypocrisy.

Edit: should probably add although it should go with out saying that each fanboy of each brand does the same thing, xbox owners can be just as bad for the kiddy thing and Nintendo gamers can be very pretentious about first party stuff lol (and PC gamers tell us every console game is ugly and low res :cry: ).

The names also have a slighty different appeal. Animal Crossing brings images, rightly or wrongly of dora the explorer to mind. Little Big Planet does not.

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tmntPunchout

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]People who hate 'kiddy' games are just insecure about themselves IMO. Who cares if it has anime or cartoony characters. Some of the best games out are considered 'kiddy' games by the ignorant fanboys. Some say SMG is. The very same SMG goty 2007. LBP may look kiddy but it's the artistic style. If anything, any game that plays online should be MATURE when online because there is so much vulgur language. EG: Owning an opponent in sports games -T rated- brings out this reaction sometimes. Who knows, stuff like this in LBP can happen too.Brown52

Kiddy games aren't realistic and some people like to be more "in" the game. A lot of the dialogue in kiddy games is stupid and makes me stop and go, "are you kidding me? what 5 year old wrote that and decided to put it in this game?"

And halo games are realistic. It's dialog is topnotch as well. I know everyone who has played halo can agree with me.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Cows defend LBP?

Last time I checked Sheep were hyped up for the game.

Cows should. That game looks killer.

Willy105

Some cows defend LBP, but I think the sheep are a bit jealous they're not getting it. Personally, LBP looks like it will be great, but won't persuade me to buy a PS3.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I was actually serious. I used to take gaming pretty seriously and would never even think of touching something like lego indiana jones or animal crossing becasue they were too "kiddie". But these days, the idea of a casual game that is silly, light-hearted and non-serious is actually appealing.

It's kinda like how ten years ago I listened NiN and tool and what-not, but these days my car radio is tuned to the classical station...

Mike1978Smith

I could not agree with you more. Right now on one hand I am playing thought Half life 2. Then on the other hand I just gameflyed Bomerman land. They both are fun games and Bomerman Land I will have more fun with because I will be playing with friends and family.

Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Brown52
[QUOTE="Brown52"]

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]People who hate 'kiddy' games are just insecure about themselves IMO. Who cares if it has anime or cartoony characters. Some of the best games out are considered 'kiddy' games by the ignorant fanboys. Some say SMG is. The very same SMG goty 2007. LBP may look kiddy but it's the artistic style. If anything, any game that plays online should be MATURE when online because there is so much vulgur language. EG: Owning an opponent in sports games -T rated- brings out this reaction sometimes. Who knows, stuff like this in LBP can happen too.tmntPunchout

And halo games are realistic. It's dialog is topnotch as well. I know everyone who has played halo can agree with me.

Aliens and needlers? Yep pretty realistic.

Are you trying to make a point?

Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
Im sort of tired to be complaining this stuff but w/e, Little big plane has alot more depth to it than the average "cute" or "kiddy" game. the game runs in a Robust physics engine comaperd to no other game also its unique where u can create ur own character world/ levels and share them online play up to 8 players all this stuff that hasent really been done b4 but yet ts has a classic feel of gaming, Compared to many kid games to day like teh blob, or animals crossing you only press bout 1 button and choosee diff options sure inventive buts its some sort alike compared to the sims also its not really somethign new or fresh (some dude said u simulate real life, LAWL) anyways no offense to anyone but LBP is tottally diff..
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tmntPunchout
[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"][QUOTE="Brown52"]

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]People who hate 'kiddy' games are just insecure about themselves IMO. Who cares if it has anime or cartoony characters. Some of the best games out are considered 'kiddy' games by the ignorant fanboys. Some say SMG is. The very same SMG goty 2007. LBP may look kiddy but it's the artistic style. If anything, any game that plays online should be MATURE when online because there is so much vulgur language. EG: Owning an opponent in sports games -T rated- brings out this reaction sometimes. Who knows, stuff like this in LBP can happen too.Brown52

Aliens and needlers? Yep pretty realistic.

Are you trying to make a point?

Get your sarcasm meter checked.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts

TC do you have a problem with cows or something because you're targeting only us and not those as a whole so say what game is kiddie. I like kiddie games because they are just they are just simple and appealing.

Anyway why do you care who calls a game kiddie? As long as you enjoy the game.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts
Cows and lemmings have no problems with kiddie games, they dont like it when the system is making too many of them, which is the problem with the Wii. TC and other sheep fail to see the difference and will make this same thread over and over saying we dont like anything kiddie, that we only like space marines and chainsaw and are graphic whores. blah blah bnoring stuff
Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Masterfubu
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts
pokemons not kiddy its amazing and you know what your getting straight from box. the anime just ruined its rep. cards didn't help