The "Kiddy" game hate

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MechaDragon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MechaDragon92
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

After spending some time lurking around system wars, I can see that there is no love for games such as Animal Crossing.

BUT WAIT!!!!

The PS3 game "LittleBigPlanet" is reveiled and suddenly, all the Cows are jumping to defend this game.

Well?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Ya everyone knows that's BS. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts both look more "kiddy" to me than Nintendo games. But whatever, people can be dumb...
Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
Fanboys always contradict themselves. If LBP was on Wii it would be "teh kiddy"
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
it's insecurity. let them be.
MechaDragon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MechaDragon92
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

Huh. No cows yet?

Must be grazing for Uncharted or something

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Fanboys use no logic. Your first mistake was thinking that they might.

Play the games you like, and to hell with those who would try to dissuade you from them. :D

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpruceCaboose
Or if you are looking for a debate, I could play Devil's Advocate... :twisted:
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

I will try to explain why I think most people give LBP a pass.

You brought up Animal Crossing, so I'll just use that. In Animal Crossing, what things can you do in the game? Well, dig up fossils, mail letters, pull weeds, pick fruit, fish, design your home, and a few other things. Most of those activities are very simple and accomplished with just the A button.

Now compare that to LBP. You can play through the levels (with is just basically run, grab, and jump). OR you can sit down and spend 15 minutes or 15 hours creating your own levels with physics based puzzles, which can be distributed around the world.

The point is, LBP gives you a lot more to sink your teeth into, while many (but not all) of the "kiddy" games don't really provide that kind of depth. Yes, LBP has a cute visual look to it, but there's definately something deeper in the game than say Animal Crossing.

Tacho101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tacho101
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
vampy killed this thread...
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

You brought up Animal Crossing, so I'll just use that. In Animal Crossing, what things can you do in the game? Well, dig up fossils, mail letters, pull weeds, pick fruit, fish, design your home, and a few other things. Most of those activities are very simple and accomplished with just the A button.

Now compare that to LBP. You can play through the levels (with is just basically run, grab, and jump). OR you can sit down and spend 15 minutes or 15 hours creating your own levels with physics based puzzles, which can be distributed around the world.

The point is, LBP gives you a lot more to sink your teeth into, while many (but not all) of the "kiddy" games don't really provide that kind of depth. Yes, LBP has a cute visual look to it, but there's definately something deeper in the game than say Animal Crossing.

Vampyronight

I think you are assuming a little early that LBP is going to be a lot deeper than AC.

The reason people give LBP a pass is because they are biased towards the PS brand, the same way they complain that there are no other games on the xbox but shooters yet Resistance 2 and KZ2 will be the best games ever. SW=home of hypocrisy.

Edit: should probably add although it should go with out saying that each fanboy of each brand does the same thing, xbox owners can be just as bad for the kiddy thing and Nintendo gamers can be very pretentious about first party stuff lol (and PC gamers tell us every console game is ugly and low res :cry: ).

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Taz-Bone

Vampyronight
So how is SMGoty kiddy?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpruceCaboose

I think you are assuming a little early that LBP is going to be a lot deeper than AC.

The reason people give LBP a pass is because they are biased towards the PS brand, the same way they complain that there are no other games on the xbox but shooters yet Resistance 2 and KZ2 will be the best games ever. SW=home of hypocrisy.

csliney

Given what I have read on LBP from the press, I think LBP will be incredibly deep. However, I think the success and long term viability of it hinges on a decent sized fanbase to form around the game, because if there is not one, all the community features in the game will become meaningless.

However, with a sizable base, things like created levels that get voted on and co-op gameplay could indeed make LBP a creative, long-lasting success, and with it being such a unique adventure for consoles, I hope it succeeds wildly. I know I will own it release day.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

Taz-Bone

So how is SMGoty kiddy?

Where did he say it was?

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
i just dislike kiddies for simple fact that im already 22..now a days i like shooters and sports games
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

to me kiddy games are nin dogs, pokemon, horzes ps2, lbp.

the differance to me is either hated bad kiddy game to good liked kiddy game.

it depends how the games is and what you do in the game.

see cows nows lbp is kiddy but it looks fun and addictive.

nin dogs is boring kiddy game.

see the differance.

i now lbp is kiddy but it is going to be blast to play with my son and daughter.

pokemon boring bad kiddy game and nin ds is full of them.

see nin is a kids console and all ways will be because the # of kids game out # the ones that aren't by a large #.

the 360 and ps 3 mature/teen rated games out # the kids games by a large #.

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
No More Heros is teh kiddy
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

Taz-Bone
So how is SMGoty kiddy?

because it looks like a kids game but it fun and additive like lbp. don't tell me mario games don't look kiddish because i wil laugh at you.
Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Taz-Bone
[QUOTE="Taz-Bone"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

SpruceCaboose

So how is SMGoty kiddy?

Where did he say it was?

He didn't, but I want him to explain why people called SMGoty kiddy, yet LBP is OK.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpruceCaboose

see nin is a kids console and all ways will be because the # of kids game out # the ones that aren't by a large #.

GARRYTH

Not that big a difference. All consoles have enough diversit, IMO.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Taz-Bone"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

Taz-Bone

So how is SMGoty kiddy?

Where did he say it was?

He didn't, but I want him to explain why people called SMGoty kiddy, yet LBP is OK.

who says lbp is not kiddy you be stupid if you didn't. i gave you a good examples in my post above.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
In a way, TF2 is kiddy.
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]

SpruceCaboose

Not that big a difference. All consoles have enough diversit, IMO.

-.- Lol wow.... like no M games on Wii

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

I always wonder about Viva Pinata. If it was a Wii game, it would be torn to pieces by lemmings being kiddy.

I could see the same thing happening if Beautiful Katamari was a Wii exclusive.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Always-Honest

In a way, TF2 is kiddy.thrones

so stylised is kiddy? okay. that's basicly the common idea here.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

I remember Nintendo saying that they were afraid to release another cel-shaded Zelda on consoles because American gamers might reject it. Too many "hardcore" kids out there, I guess.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Play Disgaea, and then come here tell us it's kiddy.
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

Play Disgaea, and then come here tell us it's kiddy. majadamus

Disgaea is some Hardcore stuff,I hit Lvl 749 (only took 3 years) and im still not bored

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Always-Honest

Utensilman

still the most brutal games are on Wii...

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="Utensilman"]

Always-Honest

you game not games right no more heroes.
bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

who gives a damm if the game looks kiddy!?!?! if you enjoy the game play it... Zack and Wiki looks kiddy(by Fanboy standards), but is damm good fun and probably the best point click since the good ol days of Lucasarts Point n Click

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Taz-Bone"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

Taz-Bone

So how is SMGoty kiddy?

Where did he say it was?

They are both ok because they provide depth compared to other kiddy games or games that are considered kiddy. I think you need to take the mario mustache off.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Honestly most the time it seems like some pubescent kid who thinks violence is king.. To me depth and fun is king, hell I still play gunbound.. Granted it looks kiddy its actually a pretty challenging hybrid game of worms. To me this seems like a bunch of kids who are insecure with them selves..
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"][QUOTE="Utensilman"]

GARRYTH

you game not games right no more heroes.

you tarzan me jane... what did you say?.. sorry, i really can't understand what you are saying.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
TC ur so true, I think it the dual standards, that alot of fanboys has for themselves, I for one accepts and game that I think is great no matter what console it is on.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
Why are sheep so insecure about their games? Just be happy with your system, heck I plan on getting one. Embrace your games, their fun, but to deny that Nintendo games are more centered towards a younger audience, is denying the truth.
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Unreal_393
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts
[QUOTE="Utensilman"]

Always-Honest

so, Gears of war, Bioschock, God of war, DMC, GTA, Ninja Gaiden is available on wii........hmm, didnt know that. guess you learn something everyday

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

What? I'm not allowed to be mentally immature and want boobs and blood in all my games while calling anything that's not filled with boobs and blood kiddy and turning my nose up at them?

What has this forum come to?

Son_of_Some

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Son_of_Some
Member since 2006 • 1458 Posts

Unreal_393

so, Gears of war, Bioschock, God of war, DMC, GTA, Ninja Gaiden is available on wii........hmm, didnt know that. guess you learn something everyday

Haha! those games are so kiddy they haven't even been censored in whole continents because of their gore! :lol:

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts
Creating anything from scratch and being Mario Bros. on crack > that stupid swimming game.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
A lot of kiddy games are much better than mature games. I'd rather play Elebits over BMX XXX.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Unreal_393

None of thsose games got delayed because it was Rated AO for it's gore. ;)

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

Not to break your heart or anything... but you're delusional if you consider this not to be aimed at the younger audience.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

i just dislike kiddies for simple fact that im already 22..now a days i like shooters and sports gamesmlbslugger86

As you get older you'll start liking the kiddie stuff again. I'm only 30 now and I'm already starting to look at gaming differently than I did 5 years ago. I think a lot of has to do with the fact that I have a kid of my own, now, too.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#45 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

to me kiddy games are nin dogs, pokemon, horzes ps2, lbp.

the differance to me is either hated bad kiddy game to good liked kiddy game.

it depends how the games is and what you do in the game.

see cows nows lbp is kiddy but it looks fun and addictive.

nin dogs is boring kiddy game.

see the differance.

i now lbp is kiddy but it is going to be blast to play with my son and daughter.

pokemon boring bad kiddy game and nin ds is full of them.

GARRYTH

do what it was already proved two gens in a row that the PS brand get the most E for all and under age games.

SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SkullboyX
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts

And the second that Little Big Planet comes out, cows are gonna be talking about how it "REVOLUTIONIZED" gaming. Then when anybody brings up Animal Crossing or Viva Piniata (which are both good francises) cows will say "Yeah but those games suck"

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]i just dislike kiddies for simple fact that im already 22..now a days i like shooters and sports gamesMike1978Smith

As you get older you'll start liking the kiddie stuff again. I'm only 30 now and I'm already starting to look at gaming differently than I did 5 years ago. I think a lot of has to do with the fact that I have a kid of my own, now, too.

Meh..I wouldn't buy into that weak flamebait with a hint of sarcasm.

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts

Vampyronight

With animal crossing, it simulates REAL LIFE, which is more hardcore than what LBP does.
You try to pay off a loan of 38923749287489237 bells.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"]

[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]i just dislike kiddies for simple fact that im already 22..now a days i like shooters and sports gamesmajadamus

Meh..I wouldn't buy into that weak flamebait with a hint of sarcasm.

I was actually serious. I used to take gaming pretty seriously and would never even think of touching something like lego indiana jones or animal crossing becasue they were too "kiddie". But these days, the idea of a casual game that is silly, light-hearted and non-serious is actually appealing.

It's kinda like how ten years ago I listened NiN and tool and what-not, but these days my car radio is tuned to the classical station...

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

Ya everyone knows that's BS. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts both look more "kiddy" to me than Nintendo games. But whatever, people can be dumb...locopatho

Kingdom Hearts i can understand..but FF?