commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

So the ps4K hardware specs are known, they seem to be quite powerfull but I see one very big problem with it.

While being significantly more powerfull than the ps4 they still use the same architecture of the ps4. Of course sony did this to ensure backwards and forward compatiblity with the normal ps4 but it is a major handicap for the future of this system.

In the lobby (gamespot) it was discussed that over time the ps4.5k could get exclusives and leave the ps4 behind. That will probably be the case but at that point in time the older architecture will play a very big role, by that time microsoft could have a new console.

Even if the next xbox isn't backwards compatible with the xboxone that won't be such a big problem, games will still be released for the xboxone, just like it did this gen with the x360. The only difference here is that the xboxone won't be that old. Hence it will probably get most of the games. Meanwhile the next xbox will be a full fledged next gen system, which will be either more powerfull or less expensive because of the newer architecture, probably even more power friendly.

So what role does this ps4.5 have, is it for vr? ok that's understandable but the whole sony vr thing is mostly interesting because it is affordable. You can sell your existing ps4 and invest in this new ps4 + headset but then you suddenly look at much bigger price tag. WIll that be worth it? What if people that will buy into this ps4K suddenly are confronted with a ps5 simply because the ps4.5k cannot compete with the next gen systems, or it isn't strong enough for that next vr headset?

To me it seems that the ps4.5k tie in with the ps4 hardware specs will be its downfall, what do you think?

edit: it was pointed out to me that eurogamer suspects that the gpu will be based on the new polaris architecture of amd (which is 14 nm technology). That would defenitely be a better case scenario that I initially thought. However, this isn't sure at all and there's no way of knowing how good this polaris architecture will be (and how compatible it will be with the ps4). It also doesn't change the fact that the ps4k will be using the old jaguar tech and will only have 8 gb of ram.

You can find the article here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-sonys-plan-for-playstation-4k-neo-revealed

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Build a PC and avoid all of this nonsense, problem solved.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This is the fill-gap for a true 4k PS5. Nothing more and nothing less. Quit making it into something it's not.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I think that it needs to be seen what, if anything the console can do with current games. Most importantly lets see if SONY remains the world's most powerful video game console, or at the very least current gen 8 power leader.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shewgenja

We're barely turning the corner for 4k gaming and VR to be done on high-end power hungry hot running chips. Not to mention the expense on gaming PC. For the PS4 to stay relevant while 4k/vr capable chips to become viable in a closed console system at a mass market price, Sony needed to buy time.

Cry moar, though. The technology needed to justify the existence of a PS5 isn't here while Nintendo is clearly cutting and running to the NX and MS is testing different XBOX Two configurations.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I think that it needs to be seen what, if anything the console can do with current games. Most importantly lets see if SONY remains the world's most powerful video game console, or at the very least current gen 8 power leader.

Lol, you seriously sound like a Sony marketing person or something... is that like a dream of yours?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I love your rhetoric

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why would the PS4k get exclusives when its essentially the same console as the ps4 but upgraded? It makes no sense to even think of something this dumb. Did the 360 slim got exclusives vs the old model? Yes, the console will be more powerful but we're still in the 8th gen so making an exclusive for the same Sony's cashcow would be the dumbest shit ever. There won't be any exclusives. You will be playing the same games, with the same community but with better visuals and fps. What is there not to like? I was worried about the PS4k being just a PS4 with a 4k bluray player but it actually gained so juice, exactly what i wanted. When you're done with Uncharted 4 or whatever game you're waiting for, sell your ps4 for maximum profit and it'll pay ~70% of your PS4K. That's what im doing at least *waiting on the official ps4k announcement, tho*

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01

@silversix_ said:

Why would the PS4k get exclusives when its essentially the same console as the ps4 but upgraded? It makes no sense to even think of something this dumb. Did the 360 slim got exclusives vs the old model? Yes, the console will be more powerful but we're still in the 8th gen so making an exclusive for the same Sony's cashcow would be the dumbest shit ever. There won't be any exclusives. You will be playing the same games, with the same community but with better visuals and fps. What is there not to like? I was worried about the PS4k being just a PS4 with a 4k bluray player but it actually gained so juice, exactly what i wanted. When you're done with Uncharted 4 or whatever game you're waiting for, sell yourps4 for maximum profit and it'll pay ~70% of your PS4K. That's what im doing at least *waiting on the official ps4k announcement, tho*

Who the fu** is going to pay that much for an old PS4 when there's a "new" one supposedly coming?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

And another one

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dynamitecop

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

Why would the PS4k get exclusives when its essentially the same console as the ps4 but upgraded? It makes no sense to even think of something this dumb. Did the 360 slim got exclusives vs the old model? Yes, the console will be more powerful but we're still in the 8th gen so making an exclusive for the same Sony's cashcow would be the dumbest shit ever. There won't be any exclusives. You will be playing the same games, with the same community but with better visuals and fps. What is there not to like? I was worried about the PS4k being just a PS4 with a 4k bluray player but it actually gained so juice, exactly what i wanted. When you're done with Uncharted 4 or whatever game you're waiting for, sell yourps4 for maximum profit and it'll pay ~70% of your PS4K. That's what im doing at least *waiting on the official ps4k announcement, tho*

Who the fu** is going to pay that much for an old PS4 when there's a "new" one supposedly coming?

A lot of people didn't think that through, their PS4 value is going to tank.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: Who the eff is going to split hairs over 1 or 200 bucks difference when they would have to have a 4k TV to give a crap in the first place?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01

@Shewgenja said:

@hrt_rulz01: Who the eff is going to split hairs over 1 or 200 bucks difference when they would have to have a 4k TV to give a crap in the first place?

First of all, there's no way that you'll only have to pay $100 extra for this supposed PS4k if you sell/trade the old one... nobody with half a brain will pay that much for an old used model. The market price for a used old PS4 model will tank pretty damn quick once this new model is announced. Also, you don't necessarily have to have a 4k TV to get the benefits of this new model.

And $200 is a fair chunk of money to most people.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Haven't you made like 3 threads on the very same topic just today?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

same kind of people that paid close to $200 for my 120gb SLIM ps3 in 2013 lol

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

Solution only work for lems. You'll be losing out on a crapload of exclusives if you are a PS gamer going PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: Again, why would someone worried about 1 or 200 bucks even worry about the Neo? Your budget casual on a visio TV is not going to flip over the difference.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dynamitecop

@Legend002 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Solution only work for lems. You'll be losing out on a crapload of exclusives if you are a PS gamer going PC.

Not really, consoles in general only get like 3-5 worthwhile exclusives a year, PlayStation 4 included.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 commander

@dynamitecop said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

not only that, this is not just a slim version. This system is gpu wise twice as powerfull. It's only obvious that in given times exclusives are going to be released on this system. The lobby clearly mentioned that as well.

At that time your ps4 will be as much worth as a last gen system and that will be nowhere near 70 percent of the ps4K price tag.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@Legend002 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Not really, consoles in general only get like 3-5 worthwhile exclusives a year, PlayStation 4 included.

Only the case for PS and Nintendo. Xbox gets one to none a year. Plus, 3-5 a year adds up to 15-20 a lifetime considering a 5 year life cycle and that's a lot. This year alone, PS4 is getting way more than that in which games aren't on PC including UC4, Horizon, Persona 5, TLG, NieR, Nioh, DOAX3, Ratchet, etc.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Heil68 said:

Lol, you seriously sound like a Sony marketing person or something... is that like a dream of yours?

The most powerful console gets recognized each gen, but I guess SONY has held it for 3 years and has taken first place in sales. Doubt anything we see from either SONY or MS for a revision console will change that,

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 commander

@Shewgenja said:

We're barely turning the corner for 4k gaming and VR to be done on high-end power hungry hot running chips. Not to mention the expense on gaming PC. For the PS4 to stay relevant while 4k/vr capable chips to become viable in a closed console system at a mass market price, Sony needed to buy time.

Cry moar, though. The technology needed to justify the existence of a PS5 isn't here while Nintendo is clearly cutting and running to the NX and MS is testing different XBOX Two configurations.

you do realize I have a ps4 as well, i was planning to get the vr on it, so this thread isn't made for comedy (hence the lack of a cartoon)

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@commander:

Thats my biggest concern with SONYs approach with this upgradable case.I dont want this to be a future trend , i dont want me to be FORCED to spend money every 3 years in order to play the SONYs exclusives on there definite version.

This is not about 4K alone , period. We all know that if it isnt in its first year for sure after second we gonna see big differences on same games that wont be just on resolution and frames , when even frames is a big case if you ask me also.

I know people comparing this approach to PCs,smartphones but consoles NEVER meant to be PCs or smartphones or anything like this.

So my point is , this excuse of " You dont need PS4.5 , PS4 will play the same games as well so its no big deal " wont be the case after some point , then what SONY gonna say to fans that already are PS4 owners " Well PC hardware is the same so stop crying ? " OR " Check smartphones , we do the same thing ? " ... Can you imagine SONY to say something like this to PS4 owners ?

Time will tell but this turned me off big time

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@dynamitecop said:

What are these great exclusives of this gen for Sony? Bloodborne? I have a feeling you're going to start naming very niche games that most do not care for. I sold my XB1 and I have 0 regrets. I'm perfectly happy exclusively playing on PC until a console maker steps up with a catalogue of great games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silversix_

@commander said:
@dynamitecop said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

not only that, this is not just a slim version. This system is gpu wise twice as powerfull. It's only obvious that in given times exclusives are going to be released on this system. The lobby clearly mentioned that as well.

At that time your ps4 will be as much worth as a last gen system and that will be nowhere near 70 percent of the ps4K price tag.

what does it matter what the lobby mentions? who are they? nobody. Just some peeps from GS. Gamestop's opinion is as relevant as the one from the lobby. Just think for a sec, why the f*ck would Sony try to compete with its own system? It won't happen, they're trying to print money on both systems, not make one irrelevant.

Notice how i mentioned selling your PS4 around the UC4 release? That's In May... If the PS4k comes out, it'll be at the end of the year. You have plenty of time to make a good profit on your ps4 if you sell it months before the ps4k release.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 commander

@AzatiS said:

@commander:

Thats my biggest concern with SONYs approach with this upgradable case.I dont want this to be a future trend , i dont want me to be FORCED to spend money every 3 years in order to play the SONYs exclusives on there definite version.

This is not about 4K alone , period. We all know that if it isnt in its first year for sure after second we gonna see big differences on same games that wont be just on resolution and frames , when even frames is a big case if you ask me also.

I know people comparing this approach to PCs,smartphones but consoles NEVER meant to be PCs or smartphones or anything like this.

So my point is , this excuse of " You dont need PS4.5 , PS4 will play the same games as well so its no big deal " wont be the case after some point , then what SONY gonna say to fans that already are PS4 owners " Well PC hardware is the same so stop crying ? " OR " Check smartphones , we do the same thing ? " ... Can you imagine SONY to say something like this to PS4 owners ?

Time will tell but this turned me off big time

Well it's not only that, I mostly play on xbox one, but I bought a ps4 in the beginning of 2016, for a while I thought about selling it and buy the ps4 controller seperately for my pc. I wasn't sure though, I am certainly going to play no man's sky and I still prefer a console over a pc. Uncharted was something i might try as well and I didn't really feel like playing ds III on a pc too (nor the x1 for that matter)

When the psVR was announced i was no longer in doubt and gladly kept the ps4, now I'm not so sure. Does the ps4k mean that the ps4 won't be enough for vr? If i keep the ps4 won't it drop in value ? Suddenly I have all these crap problems. If I need to spend money on a ps4k for vr i might as well keep my options open, sell the ps4 and wait it out.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

PC has GPU vendor politics nonsense.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If the NeO doesn't have exclusive games and features then what's the point for current PS4 or even possible PlayStation buyers in getting a NeO over a PS4 which could possible get priced reduced. Sony always tell half truths and changes their stance. I can almost guarantee that a year and a half from the NeO launch, they will let developers go all out and finally utilize the new hardware to it's full potential and will have features not found on PS4 versions and then finally get NeO only games. Just a matter of time. This isn't some type of slim update neither, this is something new and haven't happened in console gaming in awhile.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja

@commander: I'm telling you. There's exactly 0.0 chance of this becoming a split sku. Sony had three choices. Here it goes:

1. Stand idly by while MS and Nintendo jump start generation 9, and we'd all be accusing Sony of being arrogant.

2. Join MS and Nintendo in ditching gen 8 early, and we'd all be wondering if there was any point to the 8th gen at all while discussing if we'd have to buy a new playstation for games like God of War 4 and Shenmue 3.

3. This.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By commander

@silversix_ said:
@commander said:
@dynamitecop said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

what does it matter what the lobby mentions? who are they? nobody. Just some peeps from GS. Gamestop's opinion is as relevant as the one from the lobby. Just think for a sec, why the f*ck would Sony try to compete with its own system? It won't happen, they're trying to print money on both systems, not make one irrelevant.

Notice how i mentioned selling your PS4 around the UC4 release? That's In May... If the PS4k comes out, it'll be at the end of the year. You have plenty of time to make a good profit on your ps4 if you sell it months before the ps4k release.

Yeah only that I wasn't planning on selling it anymore because of the vr, uncharted and no man's sky, The whole cheap vr thing suddenly seems like it won't happen, or won't happen properly.

Besides the lobby aren't morons, nor am I . They do have a point there. There's no way of knowing if keeping your original ps4 is a good idea, wether it's your main system or not. For all we know you can buy into this ps4k only to flop horrendously, or you cannot buy it and see your ps4 drop in value faster than a drunk guy on new years day.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01

@commander said:
@dynamitecop said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

Yep, my point exactly.

But I guess it's hard to see this when certain people only see through Sony-coloured glasses.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dynamitecop

@Legend002 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Legend002 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Only the case for PS and Nintendo. Xbox gets one to none a year. Plus, 3-5 a year adds up to 15-20 a lifetime considering a 5 year life cycle and that's a lot. This year alone, PS4 is getting way more than that in which games aren't on PC including UC4, Horizon, Persona 5, TLG, NieR, Nioh, DOAX3, Ratchet, etc.

15-20 games is abysmal... I've probably purchased that many games in the last month let alone 5 years...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

The way Sony is acting with this crap, that's tempting. The only problem is PC doesn't have Disgaea, Uncharted, Toukiden, SOA, Digimon, Tearaway, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Horizon, Star Ocean etc.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@commander said:

So the ps4K hardware specs are known, they seem to be quite powerfull but I see one very big problem with it.

While being significantly more powerfull than the ps4 they still use the same architecture of the ps4. Of course sony did this to ensure backwards and forward compatiblity with the normal ps4 but it is a major handicap for the future of this system.

In the lobby (gamespot) it was discussed that over time the ps4.5k could get exclusives and leave the ps4 behind. That will probably be the case but at that point in time the older architecture will play a very big role, by that time microsoft could have a new console.

Even if the next xbox isn't backwards compatible with the xboxone that won't be such a big problem, games will still be released for the xboxone, just like it did this gen with the x360. The only difference here is that the xboxone won't be that old. Hence it will probably get most of the games. Meanwhile the next xbox will be a full fledged next gen system, which will be either more powerfull or less expensive because of the newer architecture, probably even more power friendly.

So what role does this ps4.5 have, is it for vr? ok that's understandable but the whole sony vr thing is mostly interesting because it is affordable. You can sell your existing ps4 and invest in this new ps4 + headset but then you suddenly look at much bigger price tag. WIll that be worth it? What if people that will buy into this ps4K suddenly are confronted with a ps5 simply because the ps4.5k cannot compete with the next gen systems, or it isn't strong enough for that next vr headset?

To me it seems that the ps4.5k tie in with the ps4 hardware specs will be its downfall, what do you think?

The PS4K is most likely using Polaris Architecture for the GPU, so I don't see how that is old.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01

@silversix_ said:
@commander said:
@dynamitecop said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

Lol, ok where do I start with this... First of all, who would actually sell their old PS4 months before? Wtf are you supposed to play in the mean time? And secondly, it doesn't matter when you sell it. As soon as PS4k is announced, the trade/sell price of the current model will drop. You'd have to sell/trade it now, before the announcement of it. You make no sense. Take your Sony cap off for one minute.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dynamitecop

@Bigboi500 said:
@dynamitecop said:

The way Sony is acting with this crap, that's tempting. The only problem is PC doesn't have Disgaea, Uncharted, Toukiden, SOA, Digimon, Tearaway, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Horizon, Star Ocean etc.

You'll get over it and find much better games.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@commander: like how you cant play gta v on a 20gb ps3 anymore. Which happened the year ps4 came out. Your reach is strong but theres nothing to grab. Anyone who thinks ps4.5 was planned sinced luanch i honestly consider stupid

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By commander

@Shewgenja said:

@commander: I'm telling you. There's exactly 0.0 chance of this becoming a split sku. Sony had three choices. Here it goes:

1. Stand idly by while MS and Nintendo jump start generation 9, and we'd all be accusing Sony of being arrogant.

2. Join MS and Nintendo in ditching gen 8 early, and we'd all be wondering if there was any point to the 8th gen at all while discussing if we'd have to buy a new playstation for games like God of War 4 and Shenmue 3.

3. This.

I don't think ms was planning to jump start gen 9, another screw up would be devastating for them. Nintendo will be forgiven if they release a powerfull nx but nobody knows what the nx looks like, maybe sony's spies do. Besides the more powerfull the nx is, the more costly it is and this in a time where nintendo has no third party support, has no first party devs that can compete with current gen titles, and where pretty much everyone already has a current gen system.

IF the nx is really going to be that powerfull it isn't going to be based on older architecture as the ps4k as well and if they are going to release exclusives that are gen 9, sony will have to abandon the ps4 if they want to release competing titles, which they clearly not planning to do anytime soon.

I don't think they are doing this to compete with the nx nor a imaginary xbox two. I think they're doing this for vr, but the problem is that their headset isn't really that good to begin with, so why invest in a system like the ps4k when there will be better options.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bigboi500

@dynamitecop said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Given your track record and tastes, no thanks brah.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shewgenja

@gago-gago: lol keep dreaming. Telling developers to ignore 40 million ps4 owners is definitely an argument based on sane rational reasoning....

Man, when you Lems pick up the football, you run to the end zone whether you're tackled or not.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@dynamitecop said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Much better then Disgaea? Good luck.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bigboi500

@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Ignore him, he thinks Quantum Break and Gears of War are cream of the crop. That says it all.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shewgenja

@commander: Dude, the writing is already on the wall. The WiiU wasn't a one-territory pony but the NX rumors starting swirling right about the time the WiiU couldn't get off the bottom 80-100 page of Amazons best sellers.

Lo and behold, a $50 cheaper Bone winds up in the same spot and the rumor mill starts about a modular xbox. Can we all stop pretending to be stupid a moment? Just once.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@gago-gago said:

If the NeO doesn't have exclusive games and features then what's the point for current PS4 or even possible PlayStation buyers in getting a NeO over a PS4 which could possible get priced reduced. Sony always tell half truths and changes their stance. I can almost guarantee that a year and a half from the NeO launch, they will let developers go all out and finally utilize the new hardware to it's full potential and will have features not found on PS4 versions and then finally get NeO only games. Just a matter of time. This isn't some type of slim update neither, this is something new and haven't happened in console gaming in awhile.

What's the point of PC upgrades if those upgraded versions don't have exclusives?

Next set of silly questions.......:)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By commander

@emgesp said:
@commander said:

The PS4K is most likely using Polaris Architecture for the GPU, so I don't see how that is old.

Do you have source on this?

I really doubt that will happen though, they're using the exact same cpu, why wouldn't they use the same gpu architecture, they expect devs to make two versions for each game, if a dev refuses to do this, they really don't have any leverage since that would be giving the xboxone more exclusives, for free.

So they are going to make it as easy as possible on the devs, that means using the same architecture,

Still you could be right but even if that was the case, they are still stuck with that jaguar cpu, which will be a bottleneck one way or the other, especially compared to a fully fledged next gen console.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

I'm surprised Sony isn't considering the PS4 Neo a next gen device. I mean the only difference these from future gens would be, just better hardware and instead underlying changes to the OS.

Maybe they are considering this console a S generation console, like how the iPhone S series is a mid gen upgrade

Microsoft got this sorted, when the Xbox One was released, with the NT kernel, along with X86 support. So it seems to me that Microsoft will likely just release a better console, with better specs, but the OS is the same and runs on previous consoles and with forward compatibility.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dynamitecop

@Bigboi500 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Ignore him, he thinks Quantum Break and Gears of War are cream of the crop. That says it all.

No, I think they are good console games, don't confuse my PC tastes with what I play on my Xbox/PlayStation etc.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#48 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Let's be honest, this is what the specs of the original PS4 should have been. Even if it cost $100 more at launch, this would have been a lot more respectable than the garbage hardware that launched.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

and what about the console exclusives? lol sit down fanboy.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silversix_

@hrt_rulz01: Well, yeah, if the ps4 is all you have then selling it half a year before ps4k comes out may not be a good idea. That's not me, tho. Price of the PS4 will drop but do you seriously believe it'll drop to $200 and below? Of course it won't. Oh and btw, my resell price isn't based around what Ebgames/Gamestop offers lolz. No way in hell would you have trouble selling a ps4 in great condition for at least $200.