The NSA and the PATRIOT Act have nothing on Sony

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"]

what user created content have you ever made on PSN ....None? ...exactly

They will never sell it, without your consent and I doubt they will ever sell your user created content period

Dreams-Visions

LBP

I'm sure he knows that. he's just mad and trying to troll at this point. he has no come-back for that part of the new ToS. NONE.

Was it not you who created a thread about Microsoft releasing tools to xbox owners so they can make their own community games?

Are you seriously telling me that Microsoft is doing that for the good of their health?

Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts
[QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"][QUOTE="waffle57"]

I love how fanboys try to defend such a blatant privacy invasion by pointing out that other fanboys have to deal with it also.

They don't even try to attack the company for invading their privacy in the first place.

waffle57

PSN is a free network, and its not your right, you have a choice to accept it or not it isn't an invasion of privacy its the right of sony and microsoft for providing these functions in the first place.

If you don't like the terms then you should agree to them and go play else where

I don't own a PS3, I'm just looking at this from the privacy and individual freedom angle.

Yes, it is their network, but people have to draw the line somewhere. What next? Our ISPs checking if we're terrorists and reporting it to the government?

Would that of stopped 9/11? then I'm for it and some isp's already check if your torrenting, and will give you a warning before they press charge's.

Its the ISP what is doing you a favor by providing you with service, not the other way around ISP has every right to

PUG_NASTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 PUG_NASTY
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

Not that they will enforce the no giving out names act, but the reason for it is because a girl on myspace gave out her information got killed than her parents sued myspace

So, by making it against the rules to give out personal information, the blame is on you and you have to recognize its your fault for giving out the information in the first place

All_that_is_Man

nuff said

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Most likely just some legal boilerplate, but with Sony you never know *cough* rootkit *cough*.
ANeuralPathway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ANeuralPathway
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
[QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"][QUOTE="waffle57"]

I love how fanboys try to defend such a blatant privacy invasion by pointing out that other fanboys have to deal with it also.

They don't even try to attack the company for invading their privacy in the first place.

waffle57

PSN is a free network, and its not your right, you have a choice to accept it or not it isn't an invasion of privacy its the right of sony and microsoft for providing these functions in the first place.

If you don't like the terms then you should agree to them and go play else where

I don't own a PS3, I'm just looking at this from the privacy and individual freedom angle.

Yes, it is their network, but people have to draw the line somewhere. What next? Our ISPs checking if we're terrorists and reporting it to the government?

They really need to bring back basic civics classes to public schools. The Supreme Court has ruled in the past that the right to freedom of speech is not an absolute right. You have every freedom to not agree to their TOS, there isn't a gun to your head.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning_Sun"]Google,Yahoo, and MSN and now Facebook have been doing this for years..nothing new.usmcjdk6

Google, Yahoo, MSN and Facebook don't allow you to share your name?

They can wiretap you without a court order?

Interesting.

No, Sony is not wiretaping you either they are just reserving the right to monitor trafic that goes through their servers (remeber all this trafic specifically relates to services they provide, its like a bank monitoring their internal network, its not like they are monitoring traffic through a internet node or something). The banning persional information thing is just Sony covering their asses in case someone tries to sue them for enabling child preditors or something. Yahoo and MS closed down their public chat rooms years ago because of this.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"]

what user created content have you ever made on PSN ....None? ...exactly

They will never sell it, without your consent and I doubt they will ever sell your user created content period

micky4889

LBP

I'm sure he knows that. he's just mad and trying to troll at this point. he has no come-back for that part of the new ToS. NONE.

Was it not you who created a thread about Microsoft releasing tools to xbox owners so they can make their own community games?

Are you seriously telling me that Microsoft is doing that for the good of their health?

tools to Xbox owners? no idea what you're talking about or if I did. nor do I see how it would be relevant to the discussion. just get to what you're insinuating and cut the BS.

When have you made something in LBP? never exactly because its not even out yet, and that is threw LBP and not psn

and dream visions do you know what this means?

"To the extent permitted by law, you authorize and license SCEA a royalty free and perpetual right to use, distribute, copy, modify, display, and publish your User Material for any reason without any restrictions or payments to you or any third parties," the agreement states. "You further agree that SCEA may sublicense its rights to any third party, including its affiliates and subsidiaries. You hereby waive all claims, including any moral rights, against SCEA, its affiliates and subsidiaries for SCEA or any other third party's use of User Material to the extent permitted by applicable law."

It means that they can use your user created content in commercial's or trailers they make for the game, it in no way means that they are gonna sell it, all it is saying that if they use it by any means in an advertisement or video you can't sue them

All_that_is_Man

1.) I made user-created levels, as I was in the BETA. get yourself together, man! :lol: you're so failing right now.

2.) Who said anything about suing them? :lol: are you just making up argument and debate points and counter-points as you go along? or did "raising hell" magically turn into "lawsuit"? I think at some point you're going to start quoting and debating yourself at this point. I assume that will happen within the next 3 pages. You wouldn't be the first.

again, get yourself together or debate someone else. I'm not a teenager and I'm not prone to losing debates like this. think long and hard about whether this is a debate you can win before replying.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 micky4889

tools to Xbox owners? no idea what you're talking about or if I did. nor do I see how it would be relevant to the discussion. just get to what you're insinuating and cut the BS. Dreams-Visions

http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/archive/2008/02/20/announcing-xbox-live-community-games.aspx

are you saying that Microsoft wont be charging for this?

also i am just a bit curious as to what you are debating about?

This thread is by a lemming who thought theses terms only applied to PSN only to be proved wrong so you are trying to prove what exactly ?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning_Sun"]Google,Yahoo, and MSN and now Facebook have been doing this for years..nothing new.usmcjdk6

Google, Yahoo, MSN and Facebook don't allow you to share your name?

They can wiretap you without a court order?

Interesting.

they can use any of your information you post for whatever they want.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

tools to Xbox owners? no idea what you're talking about or if I did. nor do I see how it would be relevant to the discussion. just get to what you're insinuating and cut the BS. micky4889

http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/archive/2008/02/20/announcing-xbox-live-community-games.aspx

This thread is by a lemming who thought theses terms only applied to PSN only to be proved wrong so you are trying to prove what exactly ?

I'm not trying to "prove" anything. It's like people are reading what I'm saying but not reading what the hell I'm saying. All I said was IF they use any of the policies in their new ToS in a way that negatively affects me--whether that be via new junk mail in my inbox or someone actually trying to police what I tell someone online or selling something I've made to be enjoyed for free without my permission or compensation--there will be problems.

that is all I've ******* said in this thread. some people couldn't seem to handle that and tried to make it more than it was. as long as they DON'T do any of the things I've mentioned, I have no problem with it. It's just words on a piece of paper. but IF they decide to do something draconian, there will be hell raised.

that's all. that's it. I've said nothing more. and if people could just read for comprehension and understanding, there would be no confusion about that, because that's all I've said.

Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts

1.) I made user-created levels, as I was in the BETA. get yourself together, man! :lol: you're so failing right now.

2.) Who said anything about suing them? :lol: are you just making up argument and debate points and counter-points as you go along? or did "raising hell" magically turn into "lawsuit"? I think at some point you're going to start quoting and debating yourself at this point. I assume that will happen within the next 3 pages. You wouldn't be the first.

again, get yourself together or debate someone else. I'm not a teenager and I'm not prone to losing debates like this. think long and hard about whether this is a debate you can win before replying.

Dreams-Visions

You have no real arguement and you only pick and choose my post why not reply to my other ones?

If you oppose this much then don't accept the TOS, don't just mindlessly rant about it

What all you guys seem to take for granted is that it is free, and even if its not free like live your still taking for granted all the feature it allows you to use, You don't have to no one is making you

If you make something you have all the rights to set rules on it, You think its a breach of your rights? than why are you talking on a forum where you don't even have freedom of speech

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 micky4889
[QUOTE="micky4889"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

tools to Xbox owners? no idea what you're talking about or if I did. nor do I see how it would be relevant to the discussion. just get to what you're insinuating and cut the BS. Dreams-Visions

I'm not trying to "prove" anything. It's like people are reading what I'm saying but not reading what the hell I'm saying. All I said was IF they use any of the policies in their new ToS in a way that negatively affects me--whether that be via new junk mail in my inbox or someone actually trying to police what I tell someone online or selling something I've made to be enjoyed for free without my permission or compensation--there will be problems.

that is all I've ******* said in this thread. some people couldn't seem to handle that and tried to make it more than it was. as long as they DON'T do any of the things I've mentioned, I have no problem with it. It's just words on a piece of paper. but IF they decide to do something draconian, there will be hell raised.

that's all. that's it. I've said nothing more. and if people could just read for comprehension and understanding, there would be no confusion about that, because that's all I've said.

If Sony or Microsoft choose to put these terms into practice there would be nothing either of us could do since we both ticked the accept button when signing up

As much as i don't like it myself there is really nothing that can be done about it