The Nintendo E3 Press Conference Thread (1 Hour To Go)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#451 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

So Fire Emblem Fate and a real Paper Mario for 3DS? I guess that's better than exclusives Sony showed for the PS4 this upcoming year!

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#452  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Please tell me that Metroid and Animal Crossing shit are not real...

T-They're not, RIGHT?!

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

I feel like this is a sign. Every Nintendo system gets a complete drop in support towards the end of its life. Seems like the Wii-U is on its way out the door with barely anything exceptional to show....

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#454 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Devil's third ------------------- august 28th

Super Mario Maker--------- september 11th

Rodea The sky soldier---- october 16

Yoshi Wooly World--------- october 16

Fatal Frame------------------- Q3 2015

Xenoblade-------------------- december 4th

StarFox Zero----------------- Q4 2015

Mario Tennis----------------- Q4 2015

Could have been worse. Still very desapointing event. They should just delay StarFox. It's not ready.

In 2016, I only care about Zelda.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#455 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I didn't have time to watch this, but it's not surprising Nintendo games all look "dated", with many of them are going very low budget. I've been saying for 5+ years that Nintendo has allowed themselves to fall behind at a technological level.

At this point I truly don't think Nintendo "gets it" as far as what is demanded from western markets for a home console and modern games development. They have gone from 5 years behind technologically, to 10 years behind. Yeah, I guess the hardware situation can theoretically be fixed with off the shelf PC parts to bring them up to speed immediately (if they are smart with the NX it should blow away PS4 and XB1). But what about infrastructure? What about their studio development? It seems like they are totally lost at this point, and I think they are too cantankerous to do what is necessary with the NX. This has been a large reason for the demise of Japanese developers - it just seems like they've fallen behind with their development tools, which is why so many of their games seem to take *FOREVER* to make (even the Sony exclusives coming out of Japan are behind the curve, and long delayed... look at Gran Turismo and Last Guaridan... look at the lack of output from Square Japan... look at what has happened with Konami and Capcom. They know they can't compete with full scale game development, and are just shrinking down to size to cater to Japanese mobile markets. Thank god Sony has western studios, and their hardware design was smart this gen.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

Nintendo E3 2015.......

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#457 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Fire Emblem Fate, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and Yokai Watch. Bang. 3DS is the only thing going right there, and you just pass everything off. Pissed atm.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

It wasn't such a terrible conference for 3ds.

fire emblem may be turning into a weeaboo nightmare but if you can stomach the animoo i'm sure it'll be a good game.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@kenakuma said:

I feel like this is a sign. Every Nintendo system gets a complete drop in support towards the end of its life. Seems like the Wii-U is on its way out the door with barely anything exceptional to show....

As soon as the Wii-U Launched it was at the end of its Cycle.

its a Piece...

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#460  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@jessejay420: How did you enjoy those 2015 games Sony announced? Sony went all out didnt they. Who would have ever thought they would show so much dedication to their fans for 2015.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#461 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17667 Posts

@speak_low said:

What a $*&!)%! joke this company has become.

I $*&!)%! warned you all this would be Nintendo's eventual place if they didn't bring in more sales and third parties, and more variety and games that can hold a decent visual candle (not for me, but the average consumer out there who are still laughing at that Star Fox Zero trailer).

All this time you've put up excuses that graphics, sales and third party are not important. Nintendo knows what they're doing and aren't competing with PS4 and X1, so you keep saying. But when NX comes out (and it could very well come out in 2016 and prove you wrong again), I've seen you already begging for the next console to have lots of hardware power, increased sales and more third parties to compete with Sony and MS.

The blind fanbase of Nintendo can be just as ridiculous as Nintendo. This really is the beginning of the end for Nintendo, with one more chance. **** the chalkboard and excuses. If the NX doesn't do well then it's time for Nintendo to put on the "I'm the NEW SEGA" tshirt. And I'm not begging for that to happen. This is where they're going.

Anyone who thinks I'm being dramatic and feeling assured that Nintendo will never go there - well, I've done a good job ignoring your advice so I'll just evacuate myself again from the premises anytime I see a lame Nintendo defense.

Speak,

We don't need to say a thing anymore. Even the NDF is in here sharing the same sentiment. Oh, but I believe Iwata came out with a tweet, "Thank you for watching. We take opinions of this year's Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations".

Well ain't that grand? I'm also sure our opinions are held in the highest of esteem within Nintendo's walls. As for expectations.....that be the case, Nintendo doesn't really need to work at all because the way I see it, expectations could not possible go any lower for the majority. But perhaps that's been Ninty's plan all along.

Metroid is dead. DEAD, only to be relegated to shitty cheap offshoots. Echo'd, what a fucking joke this company has become. It's hard (albeit fascinating) to watch. If they continue this way, their days in gaming are gone.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 MirkoS77

@2Chalupas said:

I didn't have time to watch this, but it's not surprising Nintendo games all look "dated", with many of them are going very low budget. I've been saying for 5+ years that Nintendo has allowed themselves to fall behind at a technological level.

At this point I truly don't think Nintendo "gets it" as far as what is demanded from western markets for a home console and modern games development. They have gone from 5 years behind technologically, to 10 years behind. Yeah, I guess the hardware situation can theoretically be fixed with off the shelf PC parts to bring them up to speed immediately (if they are smart with the NX it should blow away PS4 and XB1). But what about infrastructure? What about their studio development? It seems like they are totally lost at this point, and I think they are too cantankerous to do what is necessary with the NX. This has been a large reason for the demise of Japanese developers - it just seems like they've fallen behind with their development tools, which is why so many of their games seem to take *FOREVER* to make (even the Sony exclusives coming out of Japan are behind the curve, and long delayed... look at Gran Turismo and Last Guaridan... look at the lack of output from Square Japan... look at what has happened with Konami and Capcom. They know they can't compete with full scale game development, and are just shrinking down to size to cater to Japanese mobile markets. Thank god Sony has western studios, and their hardware design was smart this gen.

I have no confidence in NX. It's not like with the drop of a new system the entire upper senile old men will be replaced. It's just going to be a different dog on the same leash.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:
@Heirren said:

Starfox game of show

it looked terrible, both graphically and gameplay wise. After the show they had an after show with someone playing it, no advancement from the N64 game at all.

I only saw the after show thing. The game looks great, graphically. It is nice and clean. Too early to really pass judgement but the way in which they seem to have enveloped the gameplay is what impressed me most. Clever use of the gamepad in terms of being able to fly in one direction while shooting in another, or giving the player an alternate 3rd person view to widen the angle yet at the same time still allowing for a first person perspective level of accuracy--I really can't think of any game that has ever done that. Since that was accentuated in a simple gameplay demo leads me to think there will be more depth further down the game.

Couple that with Nintendo being very vocal about game difficulty revolving around actual player control and I simply don't understand why so many people are disappointed. Super Mario Maker could very well be one of the finest products they have ever produced. That thing looks insanely good. And then you've got what looks to be Yoshi returning to the more hardcore roots of the snes original. They stated that they were only focusing on the 2015 releases. Imo that is a lot of great stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#464  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Some good news... possibly. So Nintendo has DCed for the poor conference, in a way, by saying on Twitter:

"[岩田]深夜まで、ご覧いただきありがとうございました。今年のDigital Eventに対する様々なご意見を真摯に受け止め、今後、より多くのみなさまのご期待にお応えできるように努めていきたいと思います"

Which was translated by a user: Thank you for watching. We take opinions of this year's Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations.

Hopefully they will do that instead of saying that the way they said they'd fix the amiibo shortages.

EDIT: Nevermind someone posted this before me, my bad.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#465 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

@m_machine024 said:

Could have been worse. Still very desapointing event. They should just delay StarFox. It's not ready.

Yeah this doesn't look bad at all, the thing is that the digital event, while funny, and there is nothing wrong with being funny, but it lacked the wow factor.

Star Fox is fine, i mean i don't care at all about graphics, the game is looking very fun and i'm sure it will have lots of content.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

I've been telling you guys for months that Zelda Wii U was going to be the Wii U's swansong. They are going full steam on the NX now and as a result the Wii U will be dead by the end of 2016.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

@jg4xchamp: not even surprised ma dude...they put Link in Mario Kart and are whoring out Zelda, Metroid was only a matter of time sadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@bobcheeseball:

Link in Mario Kart is the 13 year old boy hanging out with his 8 year old younger brother and friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#469 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

How do we know Metroid is happening?

We don't, it's intuition on my part.

But so far every single thing I predicted (and bet money on!) has happened, including the big three announcements from last night. I get the feeling that Metroid will be revealed in some capacity today.

I mean, I wasn't wrong...

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#470 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@princeofshapeir said:

How do we know Metroid is happening?

We don't, it's intuition on my part.

But so far every single thing I predicted (and bet money on!) has happened, including the big three announcements from last night. I get the feeling that Metroid will be revealed in some capacity today.

I mean, I wasn't wrong...

They may hint at a new WiiU or 3DS game if they hold a developer roundtable this week at E3.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#471 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41542 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@speak_low said:

I $*&!)%! warned you all this would be Nintendo's eventual place if they didn't bring in more sales and third parties, and more variety and games that can hold a decent visual candle (not for me, but the average consumer out there who are still laughing at that Star Fox Zero trailer).

All this time you've put up excuses that graphics, sales and third party are not important. Nintendo knows what they're doing and aren't competing with PS4 and X1, so you keep saying. But when NX comes out (and it could very well come out in 2016 and prove you wrong again), I've seen you already begging for the next console to have lots of hardware power, increased sales and more third parties to compete with Sony and MS.

The blind fanbase of Nintendo can be just as ridiculous as Nintendo. This really is the beginning of the end for Nintendo, with one more chance. **** the chalkboard and excuses. If the NX doesn't do well then it's time for Nintendo to put on the "I'm the NEW SEGA" tshirt. And I'm not begging for that to happen. This is where they're going.

Anyone who thinks I'm being dramatic and feeling assured that Nintendo will never go there - well, I've done a good job ignoring your advice so I'll just evacuate myself again from the premises anytime I see a lame Nintendo defense.

Speak,

We don't need to say a thing anymore. Even the NDF is in here sharing the same sentiment. Oh, but I believe Iwata came out with a tweet, "Thank you for watching. We take opinions of this year's Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations".

Well ain't that grand? I'm also sure our opinions are held in the highest of esteem within Nintendo's walls. As for expectations.....that be the case, Nintendo doesn't really need to work at all because the way I see it, expectations could not possible go any lower for the majority. But perhaps that's been Ninty's plan all along.

Metroid is dead. DEAD, only to be relegated to shitty cheap offshoots. Echo'd, what a fucking joke this company has become. It's hard (albeit fascinating) to watch. If they continue this way, their days in gaming are gone.

So be it then.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#472 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@super600: don't hold your breath.

We won't hear about another game till the next direct or so and that won't happen till possibly September.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:
@m_machine024 said:

Yeah this doesn't look bad at all, the thing is that the digital event, while funny, and there is nothing wrong with being funny, but it lacked the wow factor.

Star Fox is fine, i mean i don't care at all about graphics, the game is looking very fun and i'm sure it will have lots of content.

I personnally didn't mind the muppets at all. :P lol

StarFox reveal left such a bad taste (framerate looked really bad) but looking at the treehouse gameplay, it looked better. I'm sure the controls work well. I guess like you said I was expecting the wow factor from it but didn't get it. I'll play the game regardless. I asked for it so I'll definitely try it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@speak_low said:

Speak,

So be it then.

Why would you be alright with that?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#475  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I apologize in advance but I have to go against the grain of this thread, but I don't think the Nintendo E3 show was all that good...

I'm so sorry to offend people who have different opinions on gaming shows, but it's just how I feel.

Carry on.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Ubishit conference had more games than Nintendo's "conference"... what the hell. I don't get this dev.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Speak,

So be it then.

Just picking a poison. And it's the same poison I'd take over the other.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Speak,

So be it then.

It comes off to me like you are holding misdirected anger at the "fans" (as you see them) for whatever strange reason you can't assign it to Nintendo, and would sooner witness their destruction or complete removal from this industry in order to spite these fans. Is this way off the mark, or somewhat accurate?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#479  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@SolidTy: I think the majority (even the Ninty die hards) agree this event sucked HARD.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

It comes off to me like you are holding misdirected anger at the "fans" (as you see them) for whatever strange reason you can't assign it to Nintendo, and would sooner witness their destruction or complete removal from this industry in order to spite these fans. Is this way off the mark, or somewhat accurate?

WARNING: My usual mess of parenthesized statements incoming!

"Misdrected?"

First of all, you of all people I was none too happy with Nintendo when they confessed to selling out to mobile (DeNA) and their recent DLC crimes with Xenoblade X (again, "modernized Nintendo" is coming and this proved they're one step closer). Nor do I think they had a great showing (they didn't, I thought it was mediocre at best, but at the very least had SOME interesting stuff and was FAR more watchable than EA's mess of a conference), so don't take this as a "fans can't criticize" statement, which you've done so many times before.

Second of all, I'm utterly sick of people who hide behind the "fan" shield (which not even Todd in the Shadows ever does for Eminem after this disaster of an album and lead single) when they've been anything but for either the past few years/gens/whathaveyou. Those people (including you) are not fans right now (or maybe ever) and several of those people are those begging them to go third party (which again, is making less and less sense, partially by once you see the near exact comparisons between them and George Lucas when it comes to overtly polarizing relation with fans, but hey at least Star Wars/Indy fans and film enthusiasts are willing to let George go, which is NOT what I can say for gamers/Nintendo "fans" every time a subject like "going third party" or "they're better off out of the game industry" comes to mind). After your past posts, including the one I just responded to before this one, it blows my mind that you still EVEN care if they ever do leave the gaming industry or bankrupt themselves, Mirko.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@SolidTy: I think the majority (even the Ninty die hards) agree this event sucked HARD.

I've stated it elsewhere but I feel the opposite. Much of it was kind of dull--or not my thing. Nintendo makes games for many people, though. If they are working on projects that don't cater to myself yet still come across as high quality, I cannot be too fast to judge.

Super Mario Maker is phenomenal. People are understating that piece of design. This kind of response has happened in the past, I think partly due to people not being wowed by wiiu visuals in comparison to ps4/xb1/pc. The response to Super Mario 3D World was rather negative yet it turned out to be one of the best games of the gen. And it is because of the gameplay. Even to this day I'll mention that game to other gamers and tell them how great it is and the response is always "Really?!" It is the player/controller to what's onscreen connection that nintendo is tops at.

They have been really moving back to a depth of gameplay in this area. Most of sony was a drag. Missed the MS conference.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

"Misdrected?"

First of all, you of all people I was none too happy with Nintendo when they confessed to selling out to mobile (DeNA) and their recent DLC crimes with Xenoblade X (again, "modernized Nintendo" is coming and this proved they're one step closer). Nor do I think they had a great showing (they didn't, I thought it was mediocre at best, but at the very least had SOME interesting stuff and was FAR more watchable than EA's mess of a conference), so don't take this as a "fans can't criticize" statement, which you've done so many times before.

Second of all, I'm utterly sick of people who hide behind the "fan" shield (which not even Todd in the Shadows ever does for Eminem after this disaster of an album and lead single) when they've been anything but for either the past few years/gens/whathaveyou. Those people (including you) are not fans right now (or maybe ever) and several of those people are those begging them to go third party (which again, is making less and less sense, partially by once you see the near exact comparisons between them and George Lucas when it comes to overtly polarizing relation with fans, but hey at least Star Wars/Indy fans and film enthusiasts are willing to let George go, which is NOT what I can say for gamers/Nintendo "fans" every time a subject like "going third party" or "they're better off out of the game industry" comes to mind). After your past posts, including the one I just responded to before this one, it blows my mind that you still EVEN care if they ever do leave the gaming industry or bankrupt themselves, Mirko.

Explain to me why I can't be a fan and also criticize and if I do so, I'm somehow hiding? What benefit is claiming I'm a fan while laying down criticism doing for me, because I'm not understanding this connection? I don't need to hide behind the label to support or validate my arguments or take a stance, if I weren't a fan I wouldn't even bother posting negatively about Nintendo because I won't care enough about them to bother, and I've stated this before. I can 100% criticize what I care for and if I'm in disagreement with what someone's doing, in fact it's a sign of being able to be intellectually honest. I'm a fan who wishes to see Nintendo rise back to prosperity, a dominant force in the industry, and I don't give one rat's ass if you don't consider me one.

But make no mistake, Nintendo IS on a path of destruction (or at best nigh irrelevance) in gaming if they keep this up, or at the very least a very drastic change of business is incoming. Would you deny this? You sure as hell seem willing to defend and enable it at every step. That's what I'm utterly sick of, and thus, you are not the fan in my view either. All I see is the frustrated, embittered flinging of accusations and labels at those who've decided to put their foot down and say "No more!" to years behind-standards, half-measures, anti-consumer policies, paltry ambitions, stubborn attitudes, and idiotic moves that Nintendo consistently makes as time draws on. I direct criticism at Nintendo. You direct your criticism and angst at Nintendo at everyone else. Every post I see of you ranting about Nintendo after a pathetic showing or another asinine backwards announcement, it never actually addresses Nintendo, but always inevitably involves how other people deserve it, or how it's analogous to "The People vs. George Lucas", or "This is what people wanted! Aren't you happy now?" when it's all but anything but.

Is there a better term than "misdirected" that fits?

You're also failing to make a distinction: I'm not a fan of Nintendo's current management, that's different from not being a fan of the company and its products, and yes, the past does heavily bear into that when expectations are taken into account. You know very well I despise Iwata and his cronies and think he is actively, with every moronic move him and his senile, dogmatic crew of long-past-due retirement examples makes, is further driving this ship into the reef at high speed. As time goes on I'm only being proven correct in my feelings, and despite what you believe otherwise, that gives me no sentiment of satisfaction.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Star Fox Zero and the super mario maker box covers.

Apparently SMM is a $59 game?

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/super-mario-maker/121341

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#484 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

@m_machine024 said:

I bet star fox don't come out this year March 2016 and the earliest.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#485 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

The lack of announcements at E3 leads me to believe the WiiU is a sinking ship. It pisses me off that I bought the system only to have Nintendo drop support so early in it's lifespan. Over the years I've seen other companies do the same thing. I won't be buying the next system because if it don't do well they'll probably do the same thing again. I'm done with Nintendo until they go the way of Sega.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Bread_or_Decide
@m_machine024 said:

E3 sucked but that list is still all kinds of awesome. One of the few consoles where every exclusive feels like another part of a great collection.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Star Fox box looks crap. Not even generic. Just crap. But the Mario Maker pack looks great. The overall package. The game, the book, the box.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Star Fox box looks crap. Not even generic. Just crap. But the Mario Maker pack looks great. The overall package. The game, the book, the box.

I agree. The Mario Maker box is very nice.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: This is probably the worst lineup of game Nintendo has ever shown in a conference.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Bread_or_Decide

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Bread_or_Decide: This is probably the worst lineup of game Nintendo has ever shown in a conference.

Agreed. I sure hope Star Fox Zero turns out better than it looks.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I agree that the nintendo conference was bad but I'm not gonna be chucking my wii u and 3ds out the window in a fit of anger. I think the writing was on the wall when they said it was just going to be about 2015/early 2016 games. Couple that with them shifting development to the NX and all their other ventures and you have them caught in an awkward transitional phase for this year.

it's like an unfortunate balancing act of trying to not piss off current wii u owners while having to face up to the facts that it's a dead platform and any serious development time would be better served on the NX

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The NX needs to be a gen ahead of PS4 and Xbone for Nintendo to succeed.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Nintendo is pretty much on their way to be completely irrelevant. They don't even show up on stage anymore at E3 like the others. They have no confidence. Listening to fans they say?

How long have people demanded a new Metroid?

Zelda looked like a low budget trash yesterday.

And starfox looked like a 2006 game with uninspired and generic art direction huge disappointment.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

"Misdrected?"

Explain to me why I can't be a fan and also criticize and if I do so, I'm somehow hiding? What benefit is claiming I'm a fan while laying down criticism doing for me, because I'm not understanding this connection? I don't need to hide behind the label to support or validate my arguments or take a stance, if I weren't a fan I wouldn't even bother posting negatively about Nintendo because I won't care enough about them to bother, and I've stated this before. I can 100% criticize what I care for and if I'm in disagreement with what someone's doing, in fact it's a sign of being able to be intellectually honest. I'm a fan who wishes to see Nintendo rise back to prosperity, a dominant force in the industry, and I don't give one rat's ass if you don't consider me one.

But make no mistake, Nintendo IS on a path of destruction (or at best nigh irrelevance) in gaming if they keep this up, or at the very least a very drastic change of business is incoming. Would you deny this? You sure as hell seem willing to defend and enable it at every step. That's what I'm utterly sick of, and thus, you are not the fan in my view either. All I see is the frustrated, embittered flinging of accusations and labels at those who've decided to put their foot down and say "No more!" to years behind-standards, half-measures, anti-consumer policies, paltry ambitions, stubborn attitudes, and idiotic moves that Nintendo consistently makes as time draws on. I direct criticism at Nintendo. You direct your criticism and angst at Nintendo at everyone else. Every post I see of you ranting about Nintendo after a pathetic showing or another asinine backwards announcement, it never actually addresses Nintendo, but always inevitably involves how other people deserve it, or how it's analogous to "The People vs. George Lucas", or "This is what people wanted! Aren't you happy now?" when it's all but anything but.

Is there a better term than "misdirected" that fits?

You're also failing to make a distinction: I'm not a fan of Nintendo's current management, that's different from not being a fan of the company and its products, and yes, the past does heavily bear into that when expectations are taken into account. You know very well I despise Iwata and his cronies and think he is actively, with every moronic move him and his senile, dogmatic crew of long-past-due retirement examples makes, is further driving this ship into the reef at high speed. As time goes on I'm only being proven correct in my feelings, and despite what you believe otherwise, that gives me no sentiment of satisfaction.

"Explain to me why I can't be a fan and also criticize and if I do so, I'm somehow hiding?"

You can't be serious. Have you not read your own damn posts? You've gotten to a point where you shouldn't care about what Nintendo does anymore. You keep saying "you lost hope" for them completely, but yet here you are, still calling yourself a "fan" like you're DarkSydePhil (all that's missing prejudice against the Japanese, which Mr. Burnell recently did in his E3 and Splatoon videos, not too surprising considering his "jokes" on Chinese and Black culture) or something.

"But make no mistake, Nintendo IS on a path of destruction (or at best nigh irrelevance) in gaming if they keep this up, or at the very least a very drastic change of business is incoming. Would you deny this? You sure as hell seem willing to defend and enable it at every step."

Again, it's called "picking a poison," I don't want it to happen, but if that's how it's going to be? Fine! If Nintendo destroys themselves. Fine! But rarely anyone these days should complain or mourn them if they do. You grew to dislike them in recent years and far as I'm concerned, you only liked them in the past and have already done any "mourning" then.

"You direct your criticism and angst at Nintendo at everyone else."

Kind of hard not to call out gamers at the same time when they come off totalitarian and greedy in demand sometimes.

"A fan of their products," huh? Then freaking explain to me YOUR slamming of their recent consoles, handhelds and games. Yep, sounds like you LOVE their recent post-NES-to-GameCube products a lot. Again, hardly what I call a "current" fan. Only a fan of their past products. Nothing else.

JeremyGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#495 JeremyGTS
Member since 2014 • 40 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

Nintendo is pretty much on their way to be completely irrelevant. They don't even show up on stage anymore at E3 like the others. They have no confidence. Listening to fans they say?

And starfox looked like a 2006 game with uninspired and generic art direction huge disappointment.

Id rather watch their Digital Events than watch a bunch of suits onstage using buzzwords. And for a 3DS game i thought Zelda looked good, the totem mechanic looks fun, multi-person puzzles. Again the game play that was shown in Star Fox out weighs the graphics for ME anyway, the new hover vehicle with the robot, the ARWING Walker thingy, shit looks fun. Plus i cant wait to try the tablet controls.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Yeah they need to stop making mainline consoles and stick to handhelds only. They also need to fire all the top 20 or so people in the place and do a full re-shuffle of staff, bring in fresh talent and new ideas, because for so long now their PR has been non-existant, even when they try to advertise, its a shambles and a massive let down. They need people in charge that actually listen to demand, Nintendo is treating the whole world like a child, they are the parent that thinks they know what's best.

Don't know if that's such a great idea in world we live in today, smartphones are king...but yes Ninty would have a better chance.

Your analogy is spot on, one of the best descriptions of current Nintendo. Also the biggest reason I'm not a huge fan anymore, they're condescending in their own special way towards their fanbase...and most ninty fans don't even care (notice?)

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Epak_ said:

If they release the console in 2017 that will be impossible. I don't think hardware power is the main problem with nintendo's console right now.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
@super600 said:
@Epak_ said:

If they release the console in 2017 that will be impossible. I don't think hardware power is the main problem with nintendo's console right now.

Then everything will be the same when PS5 and Xwhatever come out. Nintendo should just swallow their pride and take a loss or something.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#499 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Suppaman100: how is it condescending when the fans they're trying to attract are kids? Any fan in the 13-25 demography have left Nintendo a long time ago.

The fans you suggest nintendo should cater to already made up their minds a long time ago. The Wii U's window has ended last holiday and now it's the PS4's turn. Reggie's rhetoric of 2015 releasing 'one game every month' was nothing more than a stop gap to buy time for the next console to be released in 2016.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@a-new-guardian said:

On Nintendo's irrelevancy.

-Amiibo sales and last quarter's profits tell a different story.

On Nintendo not showing up on stage at E3.

-This is a smart move. Their Nintendo Directs give fans all the same information as a conference and saves them millions in putting on a ridiculous and stupid stage show for the media. They cut down on awkward nerdy devs and show more game footage. I wish the others would do their own take on this idea. Unless you enjoy watching losers in ill fitting suits.

On a new Metroid.

-Nintendo will make a new Metroid when it won't just be a rehash of Prime. They wait for good ideas to come instead of just making annualized trash. How is that a bad thing?

On Zelda looking like trash.

-It looks fantastic.

On StarFox Zero not looking its best.

-I'll give you this one but if it plays well then that will make up for the sub par graphics.