The Game Everyone Loved.....And YOU DESPISED!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ClawKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 ClawKiller
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts

MGS4.

And Oblivion.

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#152 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
World. Of. Warcraft. Should be called World Of Noobs instead.. But overall I did not like the game.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 - Worst main character for an RPG ever. I despise that game with a passion.

sleepingzzz

Cloud's not nearly as bad as Vaan.

Atleast in terms of design

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

MGS4 & Uncharted are overrated beyond belief, even though they are the best PS3 games ..

I don't despise any game really ..

oh wait .. Halo

VulcanMage119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 VulcanMage119
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts
COD4 WOW GTAIV, And I'm a hardcore RE fan, but I don't really like the games post 3. I love being scared, RE is just turning into a survivor/action game... Sounds alot like ANY FPS/TPS OUT THERE! The AI is retarded, and vegetables eating my head is NOT scary, it's LAAAAAME
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
GRAW, man the controls were so awful
VulcanMage119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 VulcanMage119
[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"]

Final Fantasy 7 - Worst main character for an RPG ever. I despise that game with a passion.

Shinobishyguy

If you actually play the game, he's really deep. If you don't like it don't but I just can't see how people can't like him. I fell in love with that game the day I got it, I think I MAY have been 11. and when I saw that so many people try to bash it It's really dissapointing, because the game doesn't get really good for a good 10 hrs and then it's crazy... I'm ranting aren't I??? Jeez I sound like a WoW player... Oh well. BTW the only reason people like WoW is because it's EASY and takes 0 skill/finesse, only time... Sounds awesome....

VulcanMage119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 VulcanMage119
GRAW, man the controls were so awfulLed_poison
Yeah I never really liked GRAW or R6:any other than the 64 one
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Counter Strike...
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#160 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="sleepingzzz"]

VulcanMage119

If you actually play the game, he's really deep. If you don't like it don't but I just can't see how people can't like him. I fell in love with that game the day I got it, I think I MAY have been 11. and when I saw that so many people try to bash it It's really dissapointing, because the game doesn't get really good for a good 10 hrs and then it's crazy... I'm ranting aren't I??? Jeez I sound like a WoW player... Oh well. BTW the only reason people like WoW is because it's EASY and takes 0 skill/finesse, only time... Sounds awesome....

He's acutally ok in the begining. It's not until later that you realize he's lame brain wuss...

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="WINDWAKER1"]

Well besides RE4 (don't even have to get into that one) I would say Metroid Prime. It's a horribly boring game in which the story is nonexistant (or really bad, if you decide to scan everything you get an uninteresting story). Not only that, but after you beat the boss you have to just walk around scanning everything until you find somewhere to go. I gave that game sooo many chances and it failed every time. I would give it a 4.0 probably.

And also Twilight Princess. I loved Windwaker to DEATH but this game just sucks. I played it in 1998 why do I need to play it now? I don't understand why people like it, it's just ocarina with some lame wolf tactics and a wierd demon instead of Navi. I never thought I would say it, but I miss navi. And can't we move on to voice acting?? Overall Twilight Princess is a really boring version of OOT. I would give it a 5.5 probably.

110million

Because OOT was just mostly a 3D version of Link to the past, but no one complained about that, one thing I liked better in TP was the epic sized dungeons at least.

The fact that it was 3d helped a lot though, and after Ocarina of Time they did the unthinkable... they didn't just copy it and actually made a different game, Majora's Mask, and then they made Wind Waker. My point is that the Zelda games have always been taking steps forward in their quality that is why they were so good. Twilight Princess fell back a few years though and ended up being worse than Wind Waker.

skiddy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 skiddy666
Member since 2006 • 209 Posts

GTA4

COD4

WoW

ZELDA:TP (I liked every other zelda)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Where to start? lol

any final fantasy, Mario (kart not included - awesome games), metal gear solid game.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#164 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
the 2 that come to mind are Oblivion and Darkness. Oblivion is just not my kinda game, and I thought the Darkness is one of the worst games Ive played this gen, I know a lot of people like it, but when the shooting mechanic is borderline broken in a shooter it makes for a very unenjoyable expereince
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Magic the Gathering not a vidogame but still

oh and every Final Fantasy game ever made (i've always hated turn based combat)

speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
Burnout, turned into a bloody awful series. Oh and Assassin's Creed, utterly tedious. That actually made me angry considering how blown away by the game's core mechanics I was, such a rediculous waste.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Previously, i asked everyone for the game they loved that everyone else hated

Now, i decided to make a part 2 and reverse the question. What is a game everyone else loved that you despised, oh and tell why

For me, i actually sorta hated the highly popular Metroid Prime Corruption. The game controls were a blast and had alot of potential, but the game itself was, to me weak and didnt satisfy. now it gathers dust in my room. I wanted to like the game, but i just couldnt. (yeah, i know metroid is in my sig, but thats just cus she looks cool lol)

ms555

.... no.... Samus is in your sig...but Halo 1-3

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#168 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
Halo. I enjoy games with a little more realism where you hide and cover and pick your shots. I don't really enjoy the run and gun types of games.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

It took me over a year to beat HL2 because I couldn't play it for more than an hour without getting incredibly bored.

Yet this game is still acclaimed to be one of the best games of all time.

Hoikensnogin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Hoikensnogin
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

1. RE4. I don't hate the game, but I thought the controls were horrible. I quit playing it 3 different times, but I did eventually beat it. It does a lot of things well, so I see why others love it. But the controls are so bad.

2. All Final Fantasy games. They don't suck...it's obvious that a lot of work goes into them, the CGI is well done, the music is fantastic, but the repetative menu fighting is just insufferable for me.

3. Half Life 2 series. Half Life 2 is not bad, but to me, it's just another shooter. I don't see anything special about it. I don't understand the high ratings.

4. All GTA games. They're fun for about 3 hrs. Break the law, run from the cops, fight the cops. The missions and story are borring. Granted I've never beaten a GTA game so maybe all the good stuff is saved for the very end.

5. All Mario Games. I've never beaten a Mario game. Makes me really feel inadaquit to be honest. I just don't like platformers though.

hornymushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#171 hornymushroom
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

MGS4

Cheesy dialogue sometimes. Unnecessary scenes.

spoilers....

Ending was fantastic until big boss came and just talked for 10mins ruined the ending.

Multliplayer had so much potential but lag and many other things ruined it.

Very polished game but just something i play once and never play again.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

1. RE4. I don't hate the game, but I thought the controls were horrible. I quit playing it 3 different times, but I did eventually beat it. It does a lot of things well, so I see why others love it. But the controls are so bad.

2. All Final Fantasy games. They don't suck...it's obvious that a lot of work goes into them, the CGI is well done, the music is fantastic, but the repetative menu fighting is just insufferable for me.

3. Half Life 2 series. Half Life 2 is not bad, but to me, it's just another shooter. I don't see anything special about it. I don't understand the high ratings.

4. All GTA games. They're fun for about 3 hrs. Break the law, run from the cops, fight the cops. The missions and story are borring. Granted I've never beaten a GTA game so maybe all the good stuff is saved for the very end.

5. All Mario Games. I've never beaten a Mario game. Makes me really feel inadaquit to be honest. I just don't like platformers though.

Hoikensnogin

odd i really loved the controls especially compared to the other games in the series which is why i hated them (that and all the backtracking)

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
ANIMAL CROSSING and PIKMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 xXMcClaneXx
[QUOTE="Hoikensnogin"]

Serraph105

odd i really loved the controls especially compared to the other games in the series which is why i hated them (that and all the backtracking)

does this person like games????????

Avatar image for InfinityTomorro
InfinityTomorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#175 InfinityTomorro
Member since 2004 • 871 Posts
Ico and Super Paper Mario
kevbo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kevbo77
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts
MGS4
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#177 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
RE4. It went too far from its roots. Its not even horror anymore.
Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus. The game took me five hours to beat, and every single second was boring.

Afterwards, there wasn't even any replay value. I give the game a 3/10.

TONYSTARKS654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 TONYSTARKS654
Member since 2003 • 3409 Posts

Ace Combat series. (Former PC Flyboy. Flight sims were a staple back in the day, so the arcadyness is a turn off)

Mech Assualt (More arcady goodness for the A.D.D generation) Mechwarrior 2 was the best.

3D Ninja Gaiden (Horrible story, and annoyingly hard. I know this is how NG has been from the start but, c'mon now)

Gears Of War. (meh, Nothing revolutioary about this game at all)

The sims (Very boring, This is like digitally playing with dolls, and a doll house)

Call of Duty 4 (I don't want to make you fanboys mad, but this is game is so ridiculously overrated and corny)

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 xXMcClaneXx

Shadow of the Colossus. The game took me five hours to beat, and every single second was boring.

Jipset

:o

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

Jipset

I kind of agree. I wouldn't say every second was boring, but after the first 2 "bosses" it did get pretty boring. I felt like it needed more exploring, less gimmicky feeling bosses.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

everquest. everyone i knew loved it and at the time, it was the biggest MMORPG in the west. it was the WOW of its day.

but eeeeewwwww......what a disgraceful excuse for a piece of "entertainment" this was. it was so boring and run of the mill and the grinding...oooo the grinding. the combat was boring, the world was boring, raids were boring.....the game was jsut plain trash. i usually try to find redeeming features in a game (hell even two worlds has some good points despite being absolutely rubbish imho) but this.....oh god it was horrid. i played deus ex, everyone i knew played that "game".

papi_lekker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183 papi_lekker
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts

Her name is Samus, not Metroid. ;)

Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, Call of Duty, and a lot of other series. Too many to list.

DeathScape666
i am concluding from your post that you are a wii fanboy, and automatically not like the most populair games that the opposing platforms have. interesting...
Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jipset
[QUOTE="Jipset"]

BubbyJello

I kind of agree. I wouldn't say every second was boring, but after the first 2 "bosses" it did get pretty boring. I felt like it needed more exploring, less gimmicky feeling bosses.

Maybe not every second, but it was still super boring and easy to kill the "bosses." All you did was look for a noticable glowing spot the shoot/stab it. The only thing that made the game any good was the blood and final boss. Other than that, I'm reall glad I returned it.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Metroid Prime series. What a boring set of games.
Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jipset
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]

Her name is Samus, not Metroid. ;)

Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, Call of Duty, and a lot of other series. Too many to list.

papi_lekker

i am concluding from your post that you are a wii fanboy, and automatically not like the most populair games that the opposing platforms have. interesting...

Exactly. He's just naming every amazing game that he can't have.

Sheep are sad.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

oh, i have so many,

Supreme Commander

Halo, all of em

GeoW

MGS, all of em

GTA4

Half Life (original)

Doom 3

glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#188 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
WoW. I played for about a week, and I just couldn't see the appeal. I know you're supposed to grind a crapload to "fully enjoy" the game, but the idea of playing a lot with no benefits in return for a long time doesn't apeal to me.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Oblivion.
Vriess12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Vriess12
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
Really all the recent gta games. I just don't fun the play mechanics fun.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#191 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Bioshock, yeah it looked preaty and had a good story, whoopeie...

the gameplay blew however, good thing i only waisted 7$

blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts
halo 2 & 3, Marrowind, All the Splinter Cells, WoW, GTA4(sort of), KH sort of(i own 1 and 2, though they are good games at points i just cant get into the disney stuff in it), pretty sure there are a lot more but those are on the top of my head.
dgroundwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 dgroundwater
Member since 2005 • 924 Posts

Elder Scrolls Oblivion, easily. How can people like such a horrendously bad game I have no idea.ice144

I may not be as intense as this guy, but after 2 hours i felt lost and bored.

xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 xxastrocreepxx
Member since 2008 • 810 Posts
HL2. Trying to stack cinderblocks that flip out and spasticly flopping around like a pissed off flounder, retarded friendly AI, broken vehical controls, and just can't stand what they tried to pass off as a last boss fight. Other games I just can't stand was the MGS series, GTA:SA and GTA4, pretty much everything on the Wii, but I can't blame the game. The system was made with broken controls.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

HL2. Trying to stack cinderblocks that flip out and spasticly flopping around like a pissed off flounder, retarded friendly AI, broken vehical controls, and just can't stand what they tried to pass off as a last boss fight. Other games I just can't stand was the MGS series, GTA:SA and GTA4, pretty much everything on the Wii, but I can't blame the game. The system was made with broken controls.xxastrocreepxx

Do you have a wii?

nick31189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 nick31189
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

Halo 3, CoD4, GTA IV, while I think it's fun, it won't last long, RE4, I love that games for it's own merits, but hated it as a RE game.club-sandwich

Same here

Pwnage_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#197 Pwnage_Dragon
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts
WoW. It has ruined more lives than George W. Bush has.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
It was Halo 3 for me.
ceruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 ceruxx
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

No contest. Kingdom Hearts.

Oh oh oh! Followed closely by RE4. I didn't despise it, but it just disappointed me.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Oblivion would be my main one. BioShock is a relatively close second.