The difference between PS4's Gaikai Streaming Service and Xbox "Cloud"

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 rhodes1
Member since 2004 • 1488 Posts

Here it is in simplest terms possible. . . When a developer builds a game on PS4 with Gaikai Vita/Galaxy Stream support . . that means the developer's MAIN PRIORITY is to make the game run perfectly on the PS4. THATS IT. The developer builds the game for PS4 and then AFTER the game is complete they can add support for Gaikai streaming service which for most part is up to Sony themselves to build. THe developers do very little work on actualy Gaikai support and do not have to worry about ANYTHING but making the game run perfect on the PS4 hardware.

The Xbox "Cloud" bullshit is that Microsoft thinks that developers will take the INSANE risk of having graphic assets on the Xbox Hardware and then somehow do some insane work-around to add Internet provided "Cloud" Graphical assets to mix in flawlessly with the Xbox Hardware. . . so Microsoft wants developers to somehow not just make the game run perfect on an isolated Xbox One console but somehow do the impossible task of mixing in "Cloud" Graphic assets on top of XBox One graphic assets and make it run perfect. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, No developer will EVER take the risk of doing that because that means they have to build these imaginary scenarios like Xbox One + Perfect High-Speed Internet + Xbox Live + CLoud + Mixing in X1/Cloud graphics etc instead of the PS4 approach of just making the game run perfect on the BOX ITSELF, which is by far the simplest and most logical way to build a game.

SO basically Gaikai = Dev's build game on PS4. Gaikai may/may not be added AFTER GAME IS COMPLETE and running perfectly on PS4 itself with no other worries.

Xbox "cloud" graphcis = Dev's building half of game on X1 and creating theoritical scenarios of perfect internet connections to add graphic assest MIXED IN with X1 GRAPHIC ASSESTS. . .

If you had any idea of how insanely difficult it is to create and build Next-Gen games you would understand.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
So much bullshit :lol: This thread needs deleted
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Gaikai = Real

Xbox's Cloud = Imaginary

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
Which one has more servers?
rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rhodes1
That is a compliment coming from a delusional Xbox fanboy
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

So basically Xbox One has an unlimited amount of power. 

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Here it is in simplest terms possible. . . When a developer builds a game on PS4 with Gaikai Vita/Galaxy Stream support . . that means the developer's MAIN PRIORITY is to make the game run perfectly on the PS4. THATS IT. The developer builds the game for PS4 and then AFTER the game is complete they can add support for Gaikai streaming service which for most part is up to Sony themselves to build. THe developers do very little work on actualy Gaikai support and do not have to worry about ANYTHING but making the game run perfect on the PS4 hardware.

The Xbox "Cloud" bullshit is that Microsoft thinks that developers will take the INSANE risk of having graphic assets on the Xbox Hardware and then somehow do some insane work-around to add Internet provided "Cloud" Graphical assets to mix in flawlessly with the Xbox Hardware. . . so Microsoft wants developers to somehow not just make the game run perfect on an isolated Xbox One console but somehow do the impossible task of mixing in "Cloud" Graphic assets on top of XBox One graphic assets and make it run perfect. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, No developer will EVER take the risk of doing that because that means they have to build these imaginary scenarios like Xbox One + Perfect High-Speed Internet + Xbox Live + CLoud + Mixing in X1/Cloud graphics etc instead of the PS4 approach of just making the game run perfect on the BOX ITSELF, which is by far the simplest and most logical way to build a game.

SO basically Gaikai = Dev's build game on PS4. Gaikai may/may not be added AFTER GAME IS COMPLETE and running perfectly on PS4 itself with no other worries.

Xbox "cloud" graphcis = Dev's building half of game on X1 and creating theoritical scenarios of perfect internet connections to add graphic assest MIXED IN with X1 GRAPHIC ASSESTS. . .

If you had any idea of how insanely difficult it is to create and build Next-Gen games you would understand.

rhodes1
You may be right, but with a background like Microsoft's, with their engineers and billions of dollars, down the line I would never, ever count them out. What may not be possible or feasible today is still on someones drawing board. Tomorrow isn't written. We shall see.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Onlive failed guys.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Kneel before TEH CLOUD!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Gaikai = Real

Xbox's Cloud = Imaginary

Obviously_Right
....except gaikai isnt real till its first worthwhile implementation.
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts

sauce?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slipknot0129

Gtx 690 is ancient history now due to TEH CLOUD. 

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Which cloud has more transistors?
rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rhodes1
No, if i had a choice between PS4's RAW superior Tech Specs with a 50% increase in terraflops and DDR5 Ram compared to a "THEORITICAL" increase of 50% terraflops on some imaginary "cloud" service THAT NO DEVELOPER MAKING NEXT-GEN GAMES WILL EVER RISK DOING than I would take the PS4's raw power. This whole CLoud bullshit was a last second play by Microsoft after they found out that PS4 has superior Raw power.
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slipknot0129

No, if i had a choice between PS4's RAW superior Tech Specs with a 50% increase in terraflops and DDR5 Ram compared to a "THEORITICAL" increase of 50% terraflops on some imaginary "cloud" service THAT NO DEVELOPER MAKING NEXT-GEN GAMES WILL EVER RISK DOING than I would take the PS4's raw power. This whole CLoud bullshit was a last second play by Microsoft after they found out that PS4 has superior Raw power.rhodes1
No, Sony's getting more power in their hardware was a last minute play because they found out about Microsoft's raw power in the cloud. 

Lets see who lasts longer. Ever improving graphics in the cloud or hardware that is always the same. 

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Which one has more servers?gago-gago

Onlive had like 8000? Gaikai was smaller than Onlive.

Azure has 300,000 (or will have by the time XOne launches)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="rhodes1"]No, if i had a choice between PS4's RAW superior Tech Specs with a 50% increase in terraflops and DDR5 Ram compared to a "THEORITICAL" increase of 50% terraflops on some imaginary "cloud" service THAT NO DEVELOPER MAKING NEXT-GEN GAMES WILL EVER RISK DOING than I would take the PS4's raw power. This whole CLoud bullshit was a last second play by Microsoft after they found out that PS4 has superior Raw power.

you sure are bitching alot about nothing. Nothing youve posted so far was informative or based upon solid research....in short cool story bro.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

Gaikai is being used to sell you backwards compatibility for old games, no more no less.

Xbox cloud is 300,000 servers built specifically for enhancing Xbox One games which basically has infinite power.

The difference between this gen and last gen is going to be the cloud, and Sony is not going to be a part of it.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

holy shit at the stupidity in this thread @ both sides of the fanboy war.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 slipknot0129

Gaikai it's being used to sell you backwards compatibility for old games, no more no less. Xbox cloud is 300,000 servers built specifically for enhancing Xbox One games which basically has infinite power. The difference between this gen and last gen is going to be the cloud, and Sony is not going to be a part of it.

Miketheman83

The difference with Xbox consoles has always been Xbox Live. Sony is back at square one this gen. Expect for them to build their own cloud computation servers 3 years too late. 

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NEWMAHAY

Xbox One games which basically has infinite power./Miketheman83
this stupid shit needs to stop. Its literally becoming the Cell 2.0.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Two different things. People seem to forget that SONY already said they'll have Cloud computing on the PS4 back in February in the reveal. Cloud computing and Gaikai are two different things as well. Gaikai is something separate to solve the BC problem.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NEWMAHAY
So much bullshit :lol: This thread needs deletedRR360DD
TC does have a great imagination when it comes to making shit up. How can anyone make so many claims on next generation consoles when people know so little
guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

I honestly don't see the big deal about the cloud gaming. Its been around for awhile on PC and its never bothered me. My problem the Xbox One is its anti consumer shit they are pulling. Not any these "tech" problems.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slipknot0129

Two different things. People seem to forget that SONY already said they'll have Cloud computing on the PS4 back in February in the reveal. Cloud computing and Gaikai are two different things as well. Gaikai is something separate to solve the BC problem. Nengo_Flow
I dont think they can compete with 300,000 servers. They didnt know how to do it right with Ps3, I expect them to fail with the Ps4 in the online. 

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the cloud is bullshyt and gaikai looks like sony spent years trying to figure out a way to make multiplats look and run even worse and this is the solution.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Xbox One games which basically has infinite power./NEWMAHAY

Don't underestimate it. Xbox One games will look 40x better than 360 games.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Gaikai it's being used to sell you backwards compatibility for old games, no more no less. Xbox cloud is 300,000 servers built specifically for enhancing Xbox One games which basically has infinite power. The difference between this gen and last gen is going to be the cloud, and Sony is not going to be a part of it.

slipknot0129

The difference with Xbox consoles has always been Xbox Live. Sony is back at square one this gen. Expect for them to build their own cloud computation servers 3 years too late. 

That's why they bought Gaikai, but apparently Gaikai never actually worked....
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
:cool: M$' head is in the clouds.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Xbox One games which basically has infinite power./NEWMAHAY

This is worse I'm afraid. At least with TEH CELL no one ever claimed "infinite powah".
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NEWMAHAY
[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Xbox One games which basically has infinite power./Miketheman83

Don't underestimate it. Xbox One games will look 40x better than 360 games.

/facepalm
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Gaikai = Real

Xbox's Cloud = Imaginary

Obviously_Right

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NEWMAHAY
[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Xbox One games which basically has infinite power./I_can_haz

This is worse I'm afraid. At least with TEH CELL no one ever claimed "infinite powah".

the freaking cell claims were ridiculous. People had a super computer that could magically be untapped. The cell was released to early so that the PS3 could be shipped out asap (to win the hd format war). They weren't finished and it cost them any real potential that the cell could have had.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

so how many transistors are in the cloud?

That's what really matters.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]Two different things. People seem to forget that SONY already said they'll have Cloud computing on the PS4 back in February in the reveal. Cloud computing and Gaikai are two different things as well. Gaikai is something separate to solve the BC problem. slipknot0129

I dont think they can compete with 300,000 servers. They didnt know how to do it right with Ps3, I expect them to fail with the Ps4 in the online. 

these lems are ridiculous
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Xbox One games which basically has infinite power./I_can_haz

some did

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Gaikai = Real

Xbox's Cloud = Imaginary

Obviously_Right

Cloud wont do what xfans think it can for games on x1. 

Truth: Xfans have to use cloud to try and make up for the hardware in the x1 being so for behind PS4's hardware. 

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

No developer will EVER take the risk of doing that because...

rhodes1

You're right. Because thats not how any developer would use a cloud service.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

ReadingRainbow4
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Xbox cloud will work like Xbox Live. Gaikai will be gimped like PSN.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

BPoole96

now isn't that something!

sony is doomed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Teh cloud, lems savior and lord jesus this gen...lolz
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

rhodes1
Do you make games? No? Then STFU.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]Two different things. People seem to forget that SONY already said they'll have Cloud computing on the PS4 back in February in the reveal. Cloud computing and Gaikai are two different things as well. Gaikai is something separate to solve the BC problem. Nengo_Flow

these lems are ridiculous

They must always justify the costs of gaming on xbox and always act like xbox has better hardware & software. 

Truth: There is no justification for being charged for everything when the company charging is the richest company in America with insane profits & PS4 has better hardware easily than x1, but again they must always act like it doesn't. 

Admitting the truth isn't within the possibilities of an xfan's mind. 

Truth: MS could more easily afford to not charge for online gaming, used game fees etc than Sony. 

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
Gaikai is established and real. Microsoft cloud is a joke trying to copy Sony to cloud peoples minds on inferior xbox specs.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Miketheman83
Infinite power > DDR5 Deal with it.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but your post shows you dont understand how EITHER service works. To say that devs would build half a game is insane. If devs build a game with a persistant world......and MMO-esque (like MAG), then online would be a given. Should we bash MAG for being online only? Of course not because thats how the game was designed. So, if a developer wanted to develop an open world like Watch Dogs and it have a persistant, changing world, then gamers would know they needed a connection. Then you could build your game in the cloud. Lets be open minded here. Gaikai is a streaming service, and is what it was built to do. Theoretically, you could have any game in the world run on PS4 because it would be running on a server somewhere and streamed to your PS4. It wouldnt be running on PS4 at all. MS cloud tech is capable of the same thing. Please educate yourself before stealth-bashing anything.
rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rhodes1
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Infinite power > DDR5 Deal with it.

lul
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Infinite power > DDR5 Deal with it.

:lol:
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Most of what you said is utter trash, and is just added to the pile of hate on the X1.