sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

A limited item, likely sold by scalpers for resale. I really doubt there much interest for Spongebob even if its a known brand. Have u ever seen or heard of a Spongebob mega fan?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

@Pedro: Yeah it certainly is. 😅

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

Of course, they can sell it on eBay for profit.

lol, pretty awesome actually. Controller's nice too.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@sakaixx said:

A limited item, likely sold by scalpers for resale. I really doubt there much interest for Spongebob even if its a known brand. Have u ever seen or heard of a Spongebob mega fan?

cough, cough.

Season 1-3, some of 4 mega fan.

Not a fan of the Xbox though...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Is it $200 more just for the skin, or what else comes with it?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Archangel3371:That face is freaking loud.😂

😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

A lifetime of virginity...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Ummm, yes. SpongeBob is an insanely popular franchise. Not sure what you're talking about.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I never understood why there are so many spongebob references and memes that i am seeing for the last ten or so years. I've never watched a single episode, but it feels to me that this franchise is growing with every year, so wtf is going on? And i assume there are no new episodes, or are they making new stuff with this thing?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@jaydan said:
@sakaixx said:

Ummm, yes. SpongeBob is an insanely popular franchise. Not sure what you're talking about.

About collectors. Disney, Starwars, Anime like One Piece or DBZ (RIP), Nintendo or 40k mega collectors is everywhere but never seen Spongebob stuff being highly valued. its just scalper buying for amount of consoles sold so small it sold out.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

I find it so amazing that Spongebob Squarepants is still popular for the past 2 decades, man I'm getting old, I remember he was helluva popular cartoon series while I was still in High School as a freshman in the early 2000s. And now, I'm starting to see Bluey is slowly gaining more traction and even my 2 daughters enjoy watching Bluey but rarely so on Spongebob Squarepants. You would think those Bluey Xbox Series would be sold out by now but nope, Spongebob Xbox Series takes the crown it seems.

@hardwenzen said:

I never understood why there are so many spongebob references and memes that i am seeing for the last ten or so years. I've never watched a single episode, but it feels to me that this franchise is growing with every year, so wtf is going on? And i assume there are no new episodes, or are they making new stuff with this thing?

Well, that's because it was one of Nickelodeon's golden goose when they founded Spongebob Squarepants back in 1999...I think. You should know, I was a fan of the show. Literally, everyone would agree that Spongebob was great at the beginning (unless they didn’t like it in the first place) and Nick knew what they were doing right from the start.

The first Spongebob movie was really great as it has David Hasselhoff in it. I tried to keep going with the show, but it just wasn’t doing it for me so I dropped out in the middle of season 5. There was a noticeable and immediate drop off in quality starting in season 4, when the show lost a lot of its key-creative people. I haven’t really kept up with it at all since around season 5.

If you are seeing so many of its memes my guess is older fans still have fond memories and kinda kept up the popularity as some of us still like Nickelodeon.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It looks nice but not sure it's $700 good.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaydan
@sakaixx said:
@jaydan said:
@sakaixx said:

About collectors. Disney, Starwars, Anime like One Piece or DBZ (RIP), Nintendo or 40k mega collectors is everywhere but never seen Spongebob stuff being highly valued. its just scalper buying for amount of consoles sold so small it sold out.

All the items you just mentioned, are deliberately collectible. I can't speak with absolute knowledge on SpongeBob merchandise, but I'm sure it has to be the difference between collectibles and toys/merch.

Regardless, that does not indicate the popularity of SpongeBob. I've known plenty of Spongebob diehard fans over the years and the first couple seasons are classic and they aged much better than a lot of other cartoon shows from that era. You can even make the most casual Spongebob reference in public, and someone almost always gets where it's coming from.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jaydan
@hardwenzen said:

The first several seasons are really smart and cleverly written, and they aged well. I actually rewatched some old Spongebob episodes in recent years, and it surprised me how well they still hold up. There's a good blend of adult humor in the show and I found myself [surprised, and] laughing at some of the jokes that flew over my head as a kid.

There's a lot of people that have fond memories of the show that are grown up now and I'm sure they're sharing with their own kids now. It's just a testament of the original seasons being a good cartoon show.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen  Online

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:

The first several seasons are really smart and cleverly written, and they aged well. I actually rewatched some old Spongebob episodes in recent years, and it surprised me how well they still hold up. There's a good blend of adult humor in the show and I found myself [surprised, and] laughing at some of the jokes that flew over my head as a kid.

There's a lot of people that have fond memories of the show that are grown up now and I'm sure they're sharing with their own kids now. It's just a testament of the original seasons being a good cartoon show.

That's pretty much what i thought, and since all the people that i am seeing making all the spongebob memes and references are millennials, they're most likely all very nostalgic toward it, and as you've mentioned, have foud memories. Its just surprising to see this many, and from all over the place, not just gaming related content creators.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@sakaixx said:

cough, cough.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

@TheEroica: 😆

That must be in the small print... but it's probably legally binding.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zero_epyon

@last_lap said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@sakaixx said:

cough, cough.

Duh. Where've you been?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46303 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

There is a lot of trippy stuff in Spongebob and the humor is just great. So the show has talent and a good sense of humor. Same reason why people are still referencing older seasons of the Simpsons.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jaydan

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

There is a lot of trippy stuff in Spongebob and the humor is just great. So the show has talent and a good sense of humor. Same reason why people are still referencing older seasons of the Simpsons.

Back in the day when you were a kid, and this episode came on and you thought this was the hardest shit.

Loading Video...

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

If we use Clown Cows logic this means it's super popular. As PS Portal and PSVR2 keep selling out yet have never heard a single person in real life talk about it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

I swear we got told by lems that PS fans would buy anything (which isn't true considering PSVR) the other day. Now rushing out to pay 200 more for a Series X that does nothing more than make you look developmentally stunted among your peers is A-OK. Siiigh

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

Woah!! Why would they make that? Now it looks like a paper waste basket for a children's bedroom. Oh it sold out? Right....carry on so.

On a side note though: I wonder if Sony or MS are going to dip their toes in making a more expensive console. What really burned Sony with the PS3 was that it was 599 for the non crap model and that's all they had. So the backfire really hurt and no one wants to repeat that mistake.

But with the base consoles out as a fallback....worth taking a punt maybe? Of course they will need to justify the price (though a Spongebob skin seems to be enough :P)...but as a concept is a 750 quid pro console worth a punt? Any takers?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Last_Lap

@Zero_epyon said:
@last_lap said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@sakaixx said:

cough, cough.

Duh. Where've you been?

Um hello, i've been coaxing you out of the cow closet for years (with an intermission). Where have I been lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zero_epyon

@last_lap said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@last_lap said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@sakaixx said:

cough, cough.

Duh. Where've you been?

Um hello, i've been coaxing you out of the cow closet for years (with an intermission). Where have I been lol.

The heck? lol you have done squat. Ain't no secret around here that I prefer playstation.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Last_Lap

@Zero_epyon: It ain't no secret now. But you were hiding in the cow closet for a long time, before I coaxed you out.

Denial aint t only a river in Egypt lol.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@mesome713 said:

If we use Clown Cows logic this means it's super popular. As PS Portal and PSVR2 keep selling out yet have never heard a single person in real life talk about it.

if we use sheep logic they should of just made a card board box and sell it for 100 bucks.

I have a psvr2 and I love it. like to talk about it? res 8 and 4 in vr is the best way to play.

call of the mountain was a great 8 hr adventure I went through twice.

mini golf is the most fun I had in a long time.

there are over 25 games I still want on vr but my wallet is low.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jaydan

@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

if we use sheep logic they should of just made a card board box and sell it for 100 bucks.

I have a psvr2 and I love it. like to talk about it? res 8 and 4 in vr is the best way to play.

Thread is about Spongebob Xbox.

Let's talk about PSVR2.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gifford38

@jaydan said:
@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

Let's talk about PSVR2.

he brought it up first lol. I was just making a funny.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jaydan

@gifford38 said:
@jaydan said:
@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

Let's talk about PSVR2.

he brought it up first lol. I was just making a funny.

I know.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

He got you triggered so easily. Check for lead pipes. 😂

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1348 Posts

Good for them for selling out so quick, I like the look of the normal one over that loud skin on it though personally lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

A lifetime of virginity...

Lmao

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

He got you triggered so easily. Check for lead pipes. 😂

so you make a joke when you are triggered? I wasn't triggered. he wanted to hear someone talk about psvr2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen  Online

Microsoft is so desperate for console sellers that soon they'll be considering these limited edition Xbox's as their yearly game library🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro  Online

@gifford38 said:

so you make a joke when you are triggered? I wasn't triggered. he wanted to hear someone talk about psvr2.

Sure.🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BenjaminBanklin

@hardwenzen said:

Microsoft is so desperate for console sellers that soon they'll be considering these limited edition Xbox's as their yearly game library🤣

They should have come out with some painted like PS5s so they could trick people into buying one.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12962 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hardwenzen said:

They should have come out with some painted like PS5s so they could trick people into buying one.

With PS expected to sell 4 million less this fiscal year, and no first party developed games, one would think PS5's would be painted like Xbox, which has first party developed games 😂

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Pedro: I was too old for Sponge Bob when it came out (albeit there is some good humor in it). But I would buy this (not at a $200 premium though)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:

But it sold out.🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

With PS expected to sell 4 million less this fiscal year, and no first party developed games, one would think PS5's would be painted like Xbox, which has first party developed games 😂

Playstation has first party developed Xbox games too. 🤣🤣🤣 Time to paint Xbox with some Ls.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

Playstation has first party developed Xbox games too. 🤣🤣🤣 Time to paint Xbox with some Ls.

Yep! MLB The Show🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Yep! MLB The Show🤭

I didn't know that was a first party Xbox game. Anyway, Sony's looking forward to more Xbox content in the future. Sorry you fellas lost the battle. It's time to enjoy games now. 😁

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12962 Posts

Personally, I am excited for the upcoming Marathon game from Sony. Gonna run SMOOTH as BUTTA on my Xbox Series X.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Yep! MLB The Show🤭

I didn't know that was a first party Xbox game. Anyway, Sony's looking forward to more Xbox content in the future. Sorry you fellas lost the battle. It's time to enjoy games now. 😁

Didn't claim it was an Xbox first party.😏 It is a PS first party on Xbox.😮