Thanks -Official Guide to the Post-Jeff System Wars (Mod Approved)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]All the fuss seems to be about the "tone" of the review rather than scores. Dreams-Visions
Well...when you categorically tell someone to NOT buy a game...it's kinda no longer...journalism. :?

He said to not buy the game at full price. And I'd kind of WANT to know a tiny detail like that, personally.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]All the fuss seems to be about the "tone" of the review rather than scores. Verge_6

Well...when you categorically tell someone to NOT buy a game...it's kinda no longer...journalism. :?

He said to not buy the game at full price. And I'd kind of WANT to know a tiny detail like that, personally.

lol yea but he said it like 3 times :) but I agree with you
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

It's time to use GR scores. LINKloco

Agreed.

Great thread TC. I could not have said it better myself.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]so what happened? Jeff got fired, because the publisher for K&L, which Jeff reviewed negatively, threatened to pull the advertisements of their game from the site. So GS fired Jeff? Is that what happened. I just recently heard about this, and I don't know what's true or not.subrosian

That is the rumor that started circulating around last night. A lot more has come out since then, and at this point it honestly looks like this is far more complex and deep than that. Right now we're simply being patient until we know all the facts, as while we know Jeff was fired, we have no confirmation that Eidos or CNET were involved in buying review scores at any point.

Oh, okay. It seemed pretty outlandish anyway, but when a rumour is going strong, it's hard to ignore. Even if that really was the truth, it seems unlikely that it would be known aboutat all. You know what I mean? Things like that are meant to be hush-hush.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]All the fuss seems to be about the "tone" of the review rather than scores. Verge_6

that's what I thought I heard, but I only watched it once and couldn't remember.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]Well...when you categorically tell someone to NOT buy a game...it's kinda no longer...journalism. :?
the_h_bomb

He said dont buy it at full price. His job is to advise us as consumers and telling us whether a game is worth it falls under that remit

I found NOTHING wrong with that review. It was clear, concise and he had obviously played the game extensively.

True...but when analyzed...where can you buy a NEW game for less than FULL PRICE? It translates to not buying the game, really. That's what it means to you and me. That's undoubtedly how Edios saw it too.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

(Like I said last night) The Hype System Needs to be completely abolished......Just argue based on opinions.

It was ridiculous in the first place to have the "official hypes" and then to only use Gamespot's scores to determine if a game met that hype.

But using GR and MC are not the answer. They allow in to many sites which are not really that credible (IMO) and the status of games change too often. One week a game is AAA and then it can drop to AA, and then move back up to AAA !?!?! It would be insane in here....... There really is no middle ground that can really be found in this situation.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#208 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

Should we use Gamerankings? I give that idea a resounding no.

In situations like these, people tend to point almost immediately to Gamerankings, without thinking it through. Let me elaborate on the single, most glaringly obvious flaw. Scores change.

How could we possibly keep up with the endless amount of reviews coming in? The score will constantly change, it's a dynamic system and nothing will be set in stone, well that's if you're willing to wait over a month to get an official score.

GR counts everything, to the credible to the downright biased; GR also counts some sites scores for some games but ignores some sites scores for other releases. More reviews are also released for some games whilst less is released for others, making it (ultimately) an unfair system.

On to other point, notice how GR typically has more AAA games than GS ever did, if we use GR, the unpredictable nature of System Wars will be gone. The aura of anxiety before a review will be lost too.

Look at Mario Sunshine, a defining flop in SW history. That wouldn't have happened, also TP wouldn't have happened. Great events like that would never have happened under Gamerankings. Not only is the system flawed, but it takes away the appeal and charm of SW.

My suggestion is that we use Gametrailers and Eurogamer. Average the reviews out and there we have an official score. Eurogamer is unpredictable (much like GS) and Gametrailers have great and down to earth reviews.

Or we could use GS (a tried and true formula), whatever happens I just hope GR wont be the norm as ultimately it will be the demise of this community.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
GameRankings FTW!! People complain about it cause the scores are always changing but that just adds to the fun of it all. Besides a game won't usually change drastically. like if the first five reviewers give a game a 9.5 all the reviewers after that are probably not going to give it a 7.0.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Zero5000X

In situations like these, people tend to point almost immediately to Gamerankings, without thinking it through. Let me elaborate on the single, most glaringly obvious flaw. Scores change.

How could we possibly keep up with the endless amount of reviews coming in? The score will constantly change, it's a dynamic system and nothing will be set in stone, well that's if you're willing to wait over a month to get an official score.

GR counts everything, to the credible to the downright biased; GR also counts some sites scores for some games but ignores some sites scores for other releases. More reviews are also released for some games whilst less is released for others, making it (ultimately) an unfair system.

On to other point, notice how GR typically has more AAA games than GS ever did, if we use GR, the unpredictable nature of System Wars will be gone. The aura of anxiety before a review will be lost too.

Look at Mario Sunshine, a defining flop in SW history. That wouldn't have happened, also TP wouldn't have happened. Great events like that would never have happened under Gamerankings. Not only is the system flawed, but it takes away the appeal and charm of SW.

My suggestion is that we use Gametrailers and Eurogamer. Average the reviews out and there we have an official score. Eurogamer is unpredictable (much like GS) and Gametrailers have great and down to earth reviews.

Or we could use GS (a tried and true formula), whatever happens I just hope GR wont be the norm as ultimately it will be the demise of this community.

gingerdivid

GS scores are one opinion whereas GR scores are many opinions. many opnions>>>>>> one opinion.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#211 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]so what happened? Jeff got fired, because the publisher for K&L, which Jeff reviewed negatively, threatened to pull the advertisements of their game from the site. So GS fired Jeff? Is that what happened. I just recently heard about this, and I don't know what's true or not.Mordred19

That is the rumor that started circulating around last night. A lot more has come out since then, and at this point it honestly looks like this is far more complex and deep than that. Right now we're simply being patient until we know all the facts, as while we know Jeff was fired, we have no confirmation that Eidos or CNET were involved in buying review scores at any point.

Oh, okay. It seemed pretty outlandish anyway, but when a rumour is going strong, it's hard to ignore. Even if that really was the truth, it seems unlikely that it would be known aboutat all. You know what I mean? Things like that are meant to be hush-hush.

Of course, it's healty to have skepticism, but we should have that same skepticism towards anyone spreading a rumor as we do towards what's going on at CNET right now. We need to be equally critical of the statements on both sides, because it's all too easy for troublemakers to use this incident to spread false information.

We'll have to wait and see how this plays out... and yes, the hush-hush stuff makes it hard not to want to dig deeper and cling to every scrap of information.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

GameRankings FTW!! People complain about it cause the scores are always changing but that just adds to the fun of it all. Besides a game won't usually change drastically. like if the first five reviewers give a game a 9.5 all the reviewers after that are probably not going to give it a 7.0.Zero5000X
The reason switching is brought up is because this sites credibilty is called into question. What makes you think other sites are better

Answer is they're not, and the whole system should be torn down.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

GameRankings FTW!! People complain about it cause the scores are always changing but that just adds to the fun of it all. Besides a game won't usually change drastically. like if the first five reviewers give a game a 9.5 all the reviewers after that are probably not going to give it a 7.0.Zero5000X

wrong just look at how the score changed for R&C

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#214 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

Zero5000X

GS scores are one opinion whereas GR scores are many opinions. many opnions>>>>>> one opinion.

Those "many opinions" that you're talking about and glorifying can be biased.

But still, you clearly didn't read the post, as that rebuttal didn't address any of my points. The main one being, that a database site may not be beneficial to the foundations and charm of this board.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 subrosian
Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.subrosian

LOL that is a perfect summation. I wish we could stickey that

maybe you should post that in the vote thread sub

nw030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 nw030
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts
How far back can we look back and think that review could have been payed off. it calls into question every review
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 BreakingPoint8

Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.subrosian
That means we should get rid of the flop system since it doesn't have any proper foundation.

I'm sure we can all come together to figure out a way to argue about what console is better without using review scores. Like, comparing the pros and cons of each game. Or maybe stop arguing altogether?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

Kane & Lynch is an absolutely awful game, and a complete waste of $60. Compare it to any other $60 shooter - Halo 3, Orange Box, Call of Duty 4. Now tell me it even deserves to exist, let alone get reviewed. It's a 6.0, and it barely deserves that. It's a cliched, crappy, poorly controlling shooter on a system with a *TON* of shooters, then they have the nerve to put it on PC, against games like Crysis.

It's a giant turd and if you like it you're no longer a gamer and might as well cut off your thumbs and donate them to someone who's going to make some decent use of them.

Jeff didn't deserve to be fired for saying that, and we need to figure out how System Wars is going to deal with all of its credibility going out the window.

d_agra

thats a matter of opinion..remember gamespot gave hitman a 5. It was buggy and had issues but it nowhere deserved a 5. I personally thought hitman 1 was brilliant and new game in the making!Does that mean i need to cut my thumbs off?

If you go what you are saying all oblivion hype blandwagon need their thumb cut off which think is the RPG of the century

I know you angry but not IO fault,its the publisher!!

I actually didn't think the game was too bad, I just finished it, and I would give it at least a 7. We've had much worse games out this year. I was really hoping Jericho was going to be freakin' awesome, but it was kind of meh, and the squad mechanics were just terrible, not too mention teammate AI, etc. etc. But I still enjoyed Kane & Lynch even if it wasn't "The Greatest Game Ever".

Jeff's review did seem a little off, although he was pretty close on a few things.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.BreakingPoint8

That means we should get rid of the flop system since it doesn't have any proper foundation.

I'm sure we can all come together to figure out a way to argue about what console is better without using review scores. Like, comparing the pros and cons of each game. Or maybe stop arguing altogether?

A great deal of the discussion in SW is coming from people who've never played the games in question. As far as System Wars "rules" - I succeeded in pushing for anarchy many months ago for determining the winner - QED review scores have been somewhat meaningless in determing "winners" for some time now.

The reality is review scores have held as a crutch and been used mainly by people with no intention of using them for their one intended purpose - deciding the pros and cons of a game for their system. In any case, if anything good comes of this, it's that all the worst aspects of System Wars (betting, review scores, hype, ownage, trolling, fakeboys) have come under scrutiny overnight.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 MikeE21286

Yep, completely agree....a bunch of "wrongs" don't make a "right"

nw030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 nw030
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.BreakingPoint8

so much of what is system wars is based around that system and the constant arguing if it were to stop I doubt there would be as muchpeople is system wars as there is now.

Frexie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Frexie
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts

C

That is why Metacritic and Gamerankings fail.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

yea cos we can agree on anything in SW lol :roll:

If cows said the sky was blue lems would disagree and vice versa.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.MikeE21286

what are we going to use then?

Unless if we can string together a bunch of sources that seems consistent and credible "not to mention filter out the biased sources like nintendo power, the official playstation magazine, etc"and then calculate the reviews of those sources to get an average.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#226 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Then there's no point in using reviews to determine flops, who knows which reviews we can trust?

youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.CJL13

Then there's no point in using reviews to determine flops, who knows which reviews we can trust?

well we have to use a review or else we gotta find some other way of determining how good a game is.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 MikeE21286
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.Shinobishyguy

Unless if we can string together a bunch of sources that seems consistent and credible "not to mention filter out the biased sources like nintendo power, the official playstation magazine, etc"and then calculate the reviews of those sources to get an average.

We can't use anything.....it's over.

Personal opinion prevails

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Zero5000X

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]GameRankings FTW!! People complain about it cause the scores are always changing but that just adds to the fun of it all. Besides a game won't usually change drastically. like if the first five reviewers give a game a 9.5 all the reviewers after that are probably not going to give it a 7.0.BreakingPoint8

The reason switching is brought up is because this sites credibilty is called into question. What makes you think other sites are better

Answer is they're not, and the whole system should be torn down.

we use gamespot scores now. is that a reliable site?

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Zero5000X

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]GameRankings FTW!! People complain about it cause the scores are always changing but that just adds to the fun of it all. Besides a game won't usually change drastically. like if the first five reviewers give a game a 9.5 all the reviewers after that are probably not going to give it a 7.0.blue_hazy_basic

wrong just look at how the score changed for R&C

it was at 90% for the longest time and now its at 89%. thats not a big change in my book.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 subrosian
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.MikeE21286

How is that any different than what we've been doing?

Essentially we've been using a small handful of people's personal opinions and forcing them down people's throats. If you've read Gamespot's review guide, we use the reviews in a way they were never intended - cross-platform, cross-generation, and as a means of "ownage" - rather than as simply what they are - a basic review of a game.

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#232 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
good list, sub. With Jeff gone, we need to have some major changes. I was suggesting to count reviews from other sources like IGn, Gametrailers, Gamerankings, etc. This will give games a better chance
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

It's time to use GR scores. LINKloco

yes!

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 subrosian

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]It's time to use GR scores. greenleaflink

yes!

I repeat:

Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 MikeE21286
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Collective review sites are meaningless if individual review scores cannot be trusted. The implication is that by averaging poor data we obtain good data, that doesn't work.subrosian

How is that any different than what we've been doing?

Essentially we've been using a small handful of people's personal opinions and forcing them down people's throats. If you've read Gamespot's review guide, we use the reviews in a way they were never intended - cross-platform, cross-generation, and as a means of "ownage" - rather than as simply what they are - a basic review of a game.

Yea, I see what you're saying. I completely agree. I didn't fully elaboratemy thought into my post....I should have said each we use "each invidual person's opinion" instead ofjust saying "personal opion". ...which was what I meant.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#236 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Its simple!!! Lets just use Gamerankings!!!!
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]It's time to use GR scores. subrosian

yes!

I repeat:

Actually you are averaging scores of 10-50 opinions on one said game. As opposed to one singluar probable bias review.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Zero5000X
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]It's time to use GR scores. subrosian

yes!

I repeat:

everyone has biases so i guess by your logic no review should ever be trusted. atleast with a collective review site you're mixing all kinds of biases together.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MikeE21286

It's so weird becaue this is EXACTLY like the whole steroids thing in baseball.

Questions.

(Baseball)

Do we trust the records after it is known people are taking steroids?

Do we trust the previous records that may have been tainted by steroids?

(Gamespot)

Do we trust Gamespot now that we know it is tainted

Do we trust previous reviews that may have been tainted

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 BreakingPoint8
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]It's time to use GR scores. Kratos_OMEGA

yes!

I repeat:

Actually you are averaging scores of 10-50 opinions on one said game. As opposed to one singluar probable bias review.

You're assuming those opinions are not biased as well. Magazines are even worse, there's no solution to this mess. Except the removal of the score system. Maybe we should weigh the good and the bad against games instead of labeling them with a score? If that means we have to do away with the "ownage" system then so be it.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 MikeE21286

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]It's time to use GR scores. Zero5000X

yes!

I repeat:

everyone has biases so i guess by your logic no review should ever be trusted. atleast with a collective review site you're mixing all kinds of biases together.

Well yes, everything has bias somewhat....so it really doesn't matter....the bias is a constant and you don't really account for it.

It basically winds up being that which sites have bias (they all do just like you say to somewhat) and which sites have biased biases :P (Gamespot is now known to be one of those, and the other websites....not so sure about those anymore either)

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 BreakingPoint8

yes!

I repeat:

This just proves my point that we should do away with the system entirely.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Its not the gamers fault.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I have a feeling that CNET got a ton of complaints for his removal after the Zelda TP review and people cancelling subscriptions and going nuts because their precious little game only got an 8.8 ........ an 8.8 ! I think that is when they started looking into removing him. Now when advertisers start complaining aboutthings and threaten to pull more money away from CNETbecause of Jeff ......... it was the last straw.

Just mytheory on the situation, but I put the blame on CNET for not protecting their employees ....... and I blame sheep for complaining in the first place to the higher ups:P

It is a real shame that he was fired over this , so stop and think the next time you even think about telling Gamespot/CNET to fire an editor (Aaron Thomas) , because they just might think about doing it.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 subrosian

yes!

I repeat:

No.

I'm simply pointing out that averaging together poor data doesn't address the issue of poor data being there in the first place. We need to be able to trust our data *before* we start working with it. Averaging together a bunch of review sites doesn't address the issue of how credible the reviews we're averaging together are - or if that is even the best method in the first place of determining if a game is "good" or "bad".

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Nothing will change in System Wars because:

1: There's no sensible solution. There is absolutely no reasonable alternative. As has been said, this is GS - the ONLY way for it to function properly is to use GS reviews as structure.

2: The concept of System Wars is absurd and pathetic to begin with, the man behind GS's curtain finally being exposed will change nothing.

This is System Wars, so long as there are fanboys here spouting nonsense and repeating the same oldtalking pointsover and over and over again Gamespot's scores will ALWAYS be the primary crutch propping up their arguments. Gerstmann's unfortunate termination will have no affect on it, other than allow other, opposing fanboys to reply with "BUT GS SCORES AREN"T CREDIBLE ANYMORE LOL!"

System Wars features some of the most horriblymisspelled, scatter-brained NON credible arguments on the whole of the net. Having a non-credible review score to wrap the ridiculous argument around is hardly earth shattering.

The sad part of Gerstmann's firing is not how it affects System Wars (seriously, who cares) but rather how everyone can plainly see GS's credibility dissolving in its wake.

Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts
How does this incident call into question the validity of their reviews? Jeff would rather get fired than give a bad game a good score, isn't that a good thing?
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts
Why is this taken serious? This is system wars not the presidential debate. Please don't do it!!!! Don't go emo on me, /wrist...
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 subrosian

How does this incident call into question the validity of their reviews? Jeff would rather get fired than give a bad game a good score, isn't that a good thing?Conanfan1

The rumor is that Jeff was fired partially because of his tone during his video review of Kane & Lynch, which calls into question CNET's journalistic credibility. We still need all the facts, but were this true, it would be easy to see how some people would not be comfortable considering the site's reviews to be valid.

Avatar image for lithuania_pride
lithuania_pride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 lithuania_pride
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

Honest to god man, its just the internet.

" We need to figure out what ulterior motives might have played into things like the review score overhaul." WTF man?

serious, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS. who cares if gamespot is biased? who cares if jeff is fired? who cares if the damned cooeration is really a secret agency killing the worlds population of bunnies? its just a damned website.

you people seriously take this stuff too seriously.

JPOBS

Who cares?

It is not honest!

And is it illegal in US?