Tell me lemmings............

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Do you really agree with 360 review scores? Seriously? I mean, we always hear about your AAA lineup. And how it doesn't matter whether there was competition around when some of those games were reviewed. I just don't see it. Let's take a look, shall we?

PDZ: Is this game really only .5 points below Halo 3? Are you telling us that PDZ is as good as Halo 3? Its as good as Bioshock?

Oblivion: This game is .1 points better than Halo 3? .6 better than Bioshock?

Graw: This game is better than Bioshock? Its only .3 points below Halo 3?

Now, don't get it twisted. I'm not saying these games aren't good, not at all. All I'm saying is that their score is much different than what it would have been had those games come out when there was more cometition. Even competition on the same console, 360.

I can't believe anyone would actually think PDZ should be inline with Halo 3 and Bioshock. Its just insane.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

its the opinion of that person reviweing the game only...

plus pdz was done on the old system.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Crucible

daveg1

Its also the opinion of every lemmings who likes to list all of the AAA 360 titles like they're all worthy and on the same level.

PDZ done on old system? Its a 360 game, reviewed as a 360 game.

blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
Normally to this I would say games change over time and so must the ratings....however, I still think Tony Hawk 3 deserves a 10 on ps2. I still play it a lot on my ps3 haha.
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

Mixed feelings really, though i do agree with halo3's score and bioshock's score. I enjoyed bioshock's SP alot more than H3's so far. But since H3 has a great MP system and BS has none......

PDZ was trash IMO and i'm not s fan of tom clancey games ( i think that they are very shallow)

so in the end, i agree with gamespot's more (recent) reviews. Mainly since the new review system has been released.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]

The_Crucible

Its also the opinion of every lemmings who likes to list all of the AAA 360 titles like they're all worthy and on the same level.

Dude Gamespot used to have an old system of rating games based on .1's, and it was an average of scores. Get your facts straight before you make a post like this.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Do you really agree with 360 review scores? Seriously? I mean, we always hear about your AAA lineup. And how it doesn't matter whether there was competition around when some of those games were reviewed. I just don't see it. Let's take a look, shall we?

PDZ: Is this game really only .5 points below Halo 3? Are you telling us that PDZ is as good as Halo 3? Its as good as Bioshock?

Now, don't get it twisted. I'm not saying these games aren't good, not at all. All I'm saying is that their score is much different than what it would have been had those games come out when there was more cometition. Even competition on the same console, 360.

I can't believe anyone would actually think PDZ should be inline with Halo 3 and Bioshock. Its just insane.

The_Crucible

Thatsa problem with reviews though, they are scores given at that time, PDZ would never score the same mark if it were released now, it may have been worthy of the score 2 years ago when it came out but not now.

Only way around that would be to re-review and re-rate every game every 2 or 3 months.... not really a viable option is it?

Nor can you compare the World in conflict score to Halo 3, totally different genres, its like comparing chalk to cheese.

If people/cows want to keep harping on about Bioshock being on the same level as PDZ just because of the review score they need to remember thatusing that logic PDZ is better than any PS3 game ever released.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Crucible

Dude Gamespot used to have an old system of rating games based on .1's, and it was an average of scores. Get your facts straight before you make a post like this.

TheGTAvaccine

Listen, what was isn't what is. And no one bragging about all of the AAA 360 titles takes into account what any prior review scoring was. Nor does anyone just coming to this site.

The scores are what they are.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Crucible

Thatsa problem with reviews though, they are scores given at that time, PDZ would never score the same mark if it were released now, it may have been worthy of the score 2 years ago when it came out but not now.

Only way around that would be to re-review and re-rate every game every 2 or 3 months.... not really a viable option is it?

Nor can you compare the World in conflict score to Halo 3, totally different genres, its like comparing chalk to cheese.

If people/cows want to keep harping on about Bioshock being on the same level as PDZ just because of the review score they need to remember thatusing that logic PDZ is better than any PS3 game ever released.

TTDog

First, I'm not asking anyone to change their reviews.

Second, I never said Halo 3 and Bioshock didn't deserve their scores. Its the earlier reviewed games that don't. Its lemmings that group them together as equals not myself or other cows.

Third, if you really think PDZ is better than ANY PS3 game released, you need a reality check. You are the definition of "fanboy."

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#10 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Yup, I agree with all of the x360's AAA-scoring games.

People may rag on PDZ, but I really enjoyed the online co-op and MP. And I thought the weapons were cool.

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
You are simply looking at the scores, and nothing else. Halo 3 was not reviewed in comparison to PDZ. That is just stupid.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
I don't think they always argue about the AAA's, sometimes they argue about the 4 to 1 ratio of AA's too.
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]

The_Crucible

so, will this logic apply to the ps3 AAAs aswell?

ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts

The_Crucible

PDZ: is 2 years old... Bioshock might aswell been 9.2 for all I know + it has bugs...yesa game with a multiplayer is most of the times better than a game without multiplayer... Im sellling bioshock and PDZ I really enjoyed the game and im still enjoying once in awhile

Oblivion: is an RPG how can you compare it to halo3 or bioshock???? and if Oblivion would be rated now it would have gotten 9.5or maybe even less after ME comes outand other way around halo3 would have gotten more than 9.5..

GRAW: once again this game is 1 and half years older than bioshock and those games cant be compared.. look atgraw 2.. sonowwho has the better score??

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Yup, I agree with all of the x360's AAA-scoring games.

People may rag on PDZ, but I really enjoyed the online co-op and MP. And I thought the weapons were cool.

LosDaddie

I loved it too. I liked trying to improve my stats for a level and Guided rockets only MP games.

Fruity_mixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fruity_mixer
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
Time Plays a BIG role
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SgtWhiskeyjack

Time Plays a BIG roleFruity_mixer

By his reckoning NGB 9.4 is a better game than NGS 9.0, would any Cows like to confirm this?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

[QUOTE="Fruity_mixer"]Time Plays a BIG roleSgtWhiskeyjack

By his reckoning NGB 9.4 is a better game than NGS 9.0, would any Cows like to confirm this?

That should do it right there - Nice !! :)
_Fabrick_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Fabrick_
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
Times change.
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
I do. Maybe not with PDZ tough, but the rest are fair scores IMO.
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Crucible
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

[QUOTE="Fruity_mixer"]Time Plays a BIG roleSecretPolice

It very well may be better. I have no clue. Or maybe, if you read my post, you'd see that ALL early 360 games are overrated. So, that 9.4 shouldn't be a 9.4, genius.

You lems loive twisting words, don't you?

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

[QUOTE="Fruity_mixer"]Time Plays a BIG roleThe_Crucible

It very well may be better. I have no clue. Or maybe, if you read my post, you'd see that ALL early 360 games are overrated. So, that 9.4 shouldn't be a 9.4, genius.

You cows are just hating life after Halo3 got AAA, aren't you?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

[QUOTE="Fruity_mixer"]Time Plays a BIG roleThe_Crucible

About as much as you like complaining about games that score well for the 360 ! :P
RonnieLottinSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RonnieLottinSF
Member since 2007 • 1474 Posts
Don't you just love damage control threads? The 360 has an awesome lineup of games and the PS3 is a flop. Deal with it.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SgtWhiskeyjack
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

[QUOTE="Fruity_mixer"]Time Plays a BIG roleLosDaddie

They should stop hating and all these "I'm really jealous" threads and start saving. If I didn't already have a 360, I'd be saving like mad to play all the awesome games it's getting. If Mass Effect lives upto its hype and gets a 9.5, then :o what could be a gamers reason for not buying one.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

[QUOTE="Fruity_mixer"]Time Plays a BIG roleLosDaddie

I know but it such a easy fix - if they take goggles off and just go get a 360.... life is so much better in minutes - easy ! ;)
swanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 swanlee
Member since 2002 • 248 Posts
All I hear in this thread is MOOOOO MOOOOO MOOOOO Xbox 360 has to many AAA rated games and I can't tear it apart and I'm jealous MOOOOO MOOOOO
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Crucible

Listen, I'm not complaining about Halo 3's score. If its worthy, its worthy. I sure as heck think the score is a lot more real now than it would have been in 2005. It actually has some good competition to compare to. The game has met its hype, good for Halo.

I wrote this thread because of lemminsg blindly listing AAA titles like their all equal. Plain and simple.

I'm not denying 360 has more games. I'm not denying 360 has more "good" games. All I'm arguing is that PDZ doesn't equal the other games in its score range. Nor do the other titles I listed. Bioshock, GeOW, and Halo 3 are very good games, no doubt.

Teh_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Teh_Bob
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

I think that the reviewers have been unfairly tough on the 360 yes. Dead Rising, CoD2 and GHIIwere cracking games and should have been AAA.

On the other hand games like Warhawk, while fun has no single player, or button mashing god of war and heavenly swordwere gone far far to lightly on and should have scored much less.

Gamespot is far to easy on Sony games

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LosDaddie

Listen, I'm not complaining about Halo 3's score. If its worthy, its worthy. I sure as heck think the score is a lot more real now than it would have been in 2005. It actually has some good competition to compare to. The game has met its hype, good for Halo.

I wrote this thread because of lemminsg blindly listing AAA titles like their all equal. Plain and simple.

I'm not denying 360 has more games. I'm not denying 360 has more "good" games. All I'm arguing is that PDZ doesn't equal the other games in its score range. Nor do the other titles I listed. Bioshock, GeOW, and Halo 3 are very good games, no doubt.

The_Crucible

Translation:

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

The_Crucible

So, your main gripe is PDZ. You know, the same thing would happen if a PS3 game got AAA that was really questionable. Of course people are going to use it as a AAAE. Why wouldn't they? It's system wars on GS, take it as a grain of salt...

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Crucible
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"]

LosDaddie

Translation:

Your picture is absent, just like your ability to come up with intelligent rebuttals.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

The_Crucible

GRAW, Halo 3 and Gears of War deffinitley deserve what they got, PDZ and Oblivion should have scored lower.....Maximum Oblivion should have got is 9.0 and Maximum PDZ should have got is 8.5

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Crucible

GRAW, Halo 3 and Gears of War deffinitley deserve what they got, PDZ and Oblivion should have scored lower.....Maximum Oblivion should have got is 9.0 and Maximum PDZ should have got is 8.5

mingo123

Thank you for your honesty. Now, if only more lems were like you.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

The_Crucible

Why are you arguing about a 2005 title at all? What's the point? Will it make you feel better if I say PDZ sucks, because I will say if it makes you feel better.

PDZ sucks!

Now, are you satisfied? Feeling a bit better about how things are going for the PS3?

If not make me up a list of the rest of the 360 titles that you want me to say suck and I'll try to get back and diss them for you.

No need to thank me, thats just the kind of guy I am.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Crucible
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"]

Riverwolf007

Why are you arguing about a 2005 title at all? What's the point? Will it make you feel better if I say PDZ sucks, because I will say if it makes you feel better.

PDZ sucks!

Now, are you satisfied? Feeling a bit better about how things are going for the PS3?

If not make me up a list of the rest of the 360 titles that you want me to say suck and I'll try to get back and diss them for you.

All be satisfied when all lemmings stop using a blind list of all AAA's for 360 when entering any debate. Its used as ammo waaaaaay too often. And then you have to stop the conversation to get that ignorance to shut up. Its annoying as hell.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="The_Crucible"]

The_Crucible

Translation:

Your picture is absent, just like your ability to come up with intelligent rebuttals.

That picture perfectly depicts your reasoning behind this thread.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"]

Riverwolf007

PDZ sucks!

PDZ0 multiplayer >>> GeOW multiplayer. yes i am insane. but for release game it deserved a 9.

Ipimpsnipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Ipimpsnipa
Member since 2006 • 1806 Posts

every triple AAA game deserves its score, and this thread should be locked cause you didn't read the stickies, OBVIOUSLY you didn't or else you'd know that the rating system just changed and that scores become harder to achieve as the industry gets more advanced

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25882132

that link, /thread

Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Trashface
Member since 2006 • 3534 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]

The_Crucible

PDZ was before Gears, Bioshock, and Halo3. Great games raise the bar. At it's time, PDZ could have very well deserved the score. If PDZ were released on the PS3, it would probably get a good score because the PS3's library is so weak that it would stand out.

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

if pds came out now it will probaly get a 7.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice

It's truly unreal that you cant get it in you're head that PDZ was avail. reviewed & played Nov. 2005 !

One full year before you're precious PS3 was even launched !!

What is so hard to understand - You think RFOM would score the same if launched today ? Cmon - enough already !

Teh_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Teh_Bob
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"][QUOTE="The_Crucible"]

The_Crucible

PDZ sucks!

All be satisfied when all lemmings stop using a blind list of all AAA's for 360 when entering any debate. Its used as ammo waaaaaay too often. And then you have to stop the conversation to get that ignorance to shut up. Its annoying as hell.

What you mean is that cows mouth off about the PS3 and then get owned hard and it makes you mad when people use cold hard facts (in SW GS reviews are law thats how it works) vs angry rant about how the PS3 will own if you just wait.
Teh_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Teh_Bob
And what about the 360 games GS went very hard on and the PS3 games it went very easy on? You seem to ignore that or do you just want to argue about 1 review?
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"][QUOTE="The_Crucible"]

Teh_Bob

PDZ sucks!

What you mean is that cows mouth off about the PS3 and then get owned hard and it makes you mad when people use cold hard facts (in SW GS reviews are law thats how it works) vs angry rant about how the PS3 will own if you just wait.

QFT!!:D

Halo3 earning AAA was like a punch in the gut for cows. Now all they have left is bringing up old scores.

:lol: I love it!

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
With the new scoring system it is impossible to truly guage the newer titles and compare them fairly. At the time of release PDZ did deserve AAA, the SP portion was very good, despite what you may hear. Personally I feel Bioshock is a better game then Gears, and Oblivion and has cracked my top 10 games of all time. I'll be getting Halo 3 today, but it appears to deserve the score it has gotten. I never really cared too much for Gears, but the gfx and cover system are very very good.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

The_Crucible

Most lemmings will admit that PDZ doesnt deserve 9.0 & that Bioshock should have gotten more than 9.0. But apart from that everything is ok.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

PDO did NOT deserve AAA. not then, not now. however COD2 and FNR3 were underrated and did deserve AAA imo.

i mean, i gave my friend who just got a 360 my copy of FNR3 (i had played it so much that I wore out a thumbstick on my control pad) and I don't think there's been a free minute gone by that he hasn't been playing that game.

THETRUEDOZAH

i dont know about FNR3 im not sports game fan- but i agree with you 100% on COD2- man that game is totally underrated it deserved ATLEAST a 9.0. yeah i know at launch it had issues with lag in multiplayer but once it was fixed it was seriously the best Xbox Live game at the time. it still is an excellent game. it did get some bad press for only 8players online which was lower than the PC version but it made the game more tactical & really multiplayer was sublime. it was the most popular xbox360 online game for a whole year- second only to Halo2 overall- & only when newer games like GoW came out did it start to lower the amount of players- which incidently is still high- its still ranked 6th or 7th in the top 10 list. btw i forgot to mention its single player which is far better than PDZ.

If one X360 game that didnt get AAA that should have its COD2 without a doubt!