Tekken 6 on Xbox 360?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts

The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.hotdaisy18

P2P? what the hell are you talking about?

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#52 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.hotdaisy18

so tekken 6 is online?

mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

Is there a good chance tekken is coming to xbox 360 since Namco seems to like making games for 360 from the games I see coming to the 360 from them?tmb_JR
im not sure

but i know dreams visions er whatever hes called knows that it is for sure

DMC4ALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DMC4ALL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to head
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts

You jumping the gun. Specualtion is sprinkle all over your post.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.istreakforfood

so tekken 6 is online?

Since Tekken: DR is coming online, why won't 6? Expect Soul Calibur to be online as well.

DMC4ALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DMC4ALL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.hotdaisy18

so tekken 6 is online?

Since Tekken: DR is coming online, why won't 6? Expect Soul Calibur to be online as well.

So you admit you have no proof? I guess we can expect VF5 to be online for 360 now and assume they just changed there minds.

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.istreakforfood

so tekken 6 is online?

I don't see any other reason for them to make DR online than to test out an online system for Tekken 6.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

One exception...and only because at the time Sony did not possess a handheld system.

HuusAsking

He's still wrong.

Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

VF5= SEGA

sega already said No online for 360 VF5

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 istreakforfood

Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headDMC4ALL

itagaki felt his doa was a superior game than tekken and wanted to prove it by going to MS.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Socrates88
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.DMC4ALL

so tekken 6 is online?

So you admit you have no proof? I guess we can expect VF5 to be online for 360 now and assume they just changed there minds.

Come on...don't be fanboyish. What does VF5 has to do with this? Sega said it will not have online. Namco never said Tekken 6 will not have it. They just never announce it.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Socrates88

[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"]Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headistreakforfood

itagaki felt his doa was a superior game than tekken and wanted to prove it by going to MS.

And I will always laugh at Itagaki for thinking that. DOA is the worst 3d fighter out there.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.DMC4ALL

so tekken 6 is online?

I call it a safe assumption. AM2 has said over and over again that they will not bring VF5 online. They're too worried about the technical aspect of the game being to hard and laggy. I don't blame them either. Tekken isn't as technical (although I do believe it is more than VF, but that's my opinion) and it can work well online. PS3 had dedicated servers. 360 has P2P servers which will give you a more higher probabilty of having lag.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 istreakforfood

VF5= SEGA

sega already said No online for 360 VF5

flashattackfina

i played VF5 at my friends house. i really liked the game. i would buy that game in a heartbeat if it had online play for the 360 version when it came out. i tend to get bored of fighting games easily when my friends dont play it and i just have to keep playing against the AI.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 istreakforfood
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"]Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headSocrates88

And I will always laugh at Itagaki for thinking that. DOA is the worst 3d fighter out there.

your opinion. i really like the doa games. doa4 was decent(you can tell it was rushed if you play the game). i think overall doa 2 ultimate was the best doa so far. i dont like tekken much after tekken 2. not my cup of tea.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#67 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Medjai"]Tekken being my favorite fighting series I would be happy butI don't see it happeningMedjai

Meh, ultimately, the PS ****controller is better for Tekken. Not that I think it would be bad to have on the 360, but I'd guess best on the PS3.

PS - why the heck does it keep blotting out "st yle" as a word? :P

why is it better on the PS controller...the D-PAD? I use the left analog stick to play fighting games on 360 I can work it almost like an arcade stick so I think the 360 controller would be just fine for tekken...

because st yle is a HTML key word so it gets pissy

tekken doesnt work w/ analog

bad82man82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bad82man82
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
There is some games Sony will not give it up easily and one of them is TEKKEN 6.
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]Tekken would not sell well on x360 i think.Medjai
why not

That PoS D-Pad.

Anyway it looks like Casey is going to have make a "Stop asking for PS3 games" sticky.

bad82man82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bad82man82
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"]Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headistreakforfood

your opinion. i really like the doa games. doa4 was decent(you can tell it was rushed if you play the game). i think overall doa 2 ultimate was the best doa so far. i dont like tekken much after tekken 2. not my cup of tea.

DOA series is bad, only 3 buttons to attack and limited combos, and why the heck button for defense, all you have to do is pressing back in the D-PAD to def. that's smoother.All fighting games do that.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"]Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headbad82man82

DOA series is bad, only 3 buttons to attack and limited combos, and why the heck button for defense, all you have to do is pressing back in the D-PAD to def. that's smoother.All fighting games do that.

Soul Calibur and SSB don't use that sort of blocking method.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Isnt Tekken 6 build on PS3 board? How well will it run compare to PS3 if it does get Port to 360? (I dont think it'll happend anyway.)

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

itagaki felt his doa was a superior game than tekken . . . . .

too bad it isn't.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Socrates88

Isnt Tekken 6 build on PS3 board? How well will it run compare to PS3 if it does get Port to 360? (I dont think it'll happend anyway.)

ni6htmare01

Yes, when lemmings realize that Tekken is being build like a "1st party" title they will stop asking for it.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 istreakforfood

bad82man82

you make it sound like its button mashing cause it isnt. they do have combos and you can mix the combos up. one of the reasons why i like the game is cause of the fast face(thats just me). The counter system for doa the way it is used its more like who you draw paper, rock, scissors. like i said about doa its all about preference some will like it some wont.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"][QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.hotdaisy18

so tekken 6 is online?

I call it a safe assumption. AM2 has said over and over again that they will not bring VF5 online. They're too worried about the technical aspect of the game being to hard and laggy. I don't blame them either. Tekken isn't as technical (although I do believe it is more than VF, but that's my opinion) and it can work well online. PS3 had dedicated servers. 360 has P2P servers which will give you a more higher probabilty of having lag.

Actually, you want P2P in an online fighter. Most scenarios are 1-on-1. In those cases, P2P can minimize the distance between you and the opponent, particularly without having a middleman (the dedicated server) in the way.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 istreakforfood
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"]Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headDementedDragon

too bad it isn't.

wow cant believe im getting attacked for this. if you disagree about how itagaki feels just tell him that not me cause im not the one who said it.

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

Is there a good chance tekken is coming to xbox 360 since Namco seems to like making games for 360 from the games I see coming to the 360 from them?tmb_JR

Tekken 6 is being developed to only run on the cell processor, since arcade machines will be using cell. If it does come over to the 360, it will be a dirty port.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="DMC4ALL"]Remember DOA left the PS2 because it didn't want to battle tekken head to headbad82man82

the block button is also the counter..shouldnt knock the game for being alittle different from your avg fighter

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

guys stop kidding yourself, Tekken is never gonna leave the Playstation. sorry to break your dreams but even the arcade version of Tekken 6 uses the Playstation Cell chip. Also Since Namco and Sony have formed a relationship in the form of Cellius I can see this further proving Tekken as PS only.

Namco are gonna have some multiplatform games, some Wii exclusives, some 360 exclusives and some PS3 exclusives in the form of Time Crisis 4 and Tekken 6.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Socrates88
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

too bad it isn't.

wow cant believe im getting attacked for this. if you disagree about how itagaki feels just tell him that not me cause im not the one who said it.

lol, I'm sure if he was here I would flame him for saying that.

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DementedDragon

why the heck button for defense, all you have to do is pressing back in the D-PAD to def. that's smoother.All fighting games do that.bad82man82

You're thinking of mainly 2-D fighters. In Tekken you block by just standing there, in Virtua Fighter, there's a guard button, just as there is in DOA, and Soul Calibur.

Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

guys stop kidding yourself, Tekken is never gonna leave the Playstation. sorry to break your dreams but even the arcade version of Tekken 6 uses the Playstation Cell chip. Also Since Namco and Sony have formed a relationship in the form of Cellius I can see this further proving Tekken as PS only.

Namco are gonna have some multiplatform games, some Wii exclusives, some 360 exclusives and some PS3 exclusives in the form of Time Crisis 4 and Tekken 6.

Swift_Boss_A

Winner

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HuusAsking

Swift_Boss_A
Last I checked, Tekken 6 would still be using PS2-based hardware (Super System 256)--heavily upgraded, yes, but still with an EE under the hood. I know the arcade version of TC4 uses Super System 256.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Socrates88
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

HuusAsking

Last I checked, Tekken 6 would still be using PS2-based hardware (Super System 256)--heavily upgraded, yes, but still with an EE under the hood. I know the arcade version of TC4 uses Super System 256.

:?

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DementedDragon
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

too bad it isn't.

lol, well I wasn't referring to you obviously; Itagaki is known for his arrogance. First they thought they could take on VF on the SEGA Saturn, and they couldn't; then they aimed towards Tekken, and didn't succeed. What's next Soul Calibur?

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#87 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

HuusAsking

umm, yeah...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25474581&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1

Bri294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88 Bri294
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts
No Tekken 6 is being developed ground up on the cell processor, like a lot of people said before, the arcades are even going to use the cell inside. Namco formed an alliance with sony for the tekken series, so that they would be allowed to use sony's Cell technology. The 360 will not be getting tekken, but hey they have DOA(which i dislike) and VF5 which I already own(Great). When VF5 comes to the 360 many gamers should pick it up. I also think that the creator behind DOA and Ninja Gaiden said that he is planning on making a DOA exclusive for the PS3 in the future. The news was either from here or IGN I dont remember which.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

SupraGT

umm, yeah...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25474581&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1

I wonder what codename they'll give to this new system design--System 3-somtehing?
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
I think a majority of people think the ps controller better than xbox controller. I personally dont care. But yea tekken does it best on ps.
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="DMC4ALL"][QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]The way Namco has been lately with exclusives and multiplats, it wouldn't be at all too shocking to see Tekken 6 go to the 360. Which would suck with the P2P crap that XBL has. Dedicated servers is a must for Tekken.HuusAsking

so tekken 6 is online?

Actually, you want P2P in an online fighter. Most scenarios are 1-on-1. In those cases, P2P can minimize the distance between you and the opponent, particularly without having a middleman (the dedicated server) in the way.

True. But like DOA4 online, you have lobbies filled with players waiting. Tekken: DR will have that 8 player lobby while you can watch live matches. It'll be interesting to see how it worksout in the end. I'm really excited for it. Will be very nice to be playing players outside of my State for change. Not that many dedicated Tekken players here.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#92 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
I don't think Tekken 6 will be on 360. The ps3 still needs an exclusive fighter and wouldn't be fair if there was no exclusive fighter on the ps3 while the 360 has DOA as their exclusive fighting game. Quite frankly i need an exclusive fighting game on the ps3 otherwise i wouldn't be buying any games for it. I will say thought that nothing is impossible and there is always a chance that Tekken 6 could be multiplat. I highly doubt it though.