System wars Lounge V89: (Chicken Salt edition)

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6041 Posts

Chicken Salt is the best thing to put on your hot chips, even beats gravy, but when added with Gravy is to die for.

Here @DaVillain a video on how to make some at home to sit on the lounge and watch tv, enjoy.

This is just the home-made version; the fast-food shops have the best Chicken Salt, once you try it you will never have plain salt ever again.

And now for some more Aussies culture, the NRL is going to Las Vegas this weekend, here's Rusty (Russell Crowe) explaining the rules.

Hopefully you enjoy the new lounge, and if you see a Crocodile, Huntsman Spider or a King Brown (Snake) please let me know as it seems some of my pets got loose 😁

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I've had chicken salt when I lived in New Zealand. It's great.

Russell Crowe. I haven't been keeping up with the news, but he still part owns the Rabbitohs, right?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46295 Posts

A lot of good TV series to watch these days: Masters of the Air, Shogun, True detective.

Anyone watching any of these?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Last_Lap

@madrocketeer: As far as I know yeah, I'm not a Rabbits fan, my team is the Eels.

Yeah, Chicken Salt is the bomb.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Last_Lap
@R4gn4r0k said:

A lot of good TV series to watch these days: Masters of the Air, Shogun, True detective.

I watched Seasons 4 & 5 of Cobra Kai recently, good stuff.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3223 Posts

@last_lap:

I never tried Chicken Salt before but I have to say that your country has some amazing snacks. My favorite Australian snacks are Tim Tam.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2451 Posts

Chicken salt sounds like a secret weapon Australia has been cooking up to take out the USA. Our two biggest weaknesses rolled into one…

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

My contribution. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Ex Brits adding salt to food is a game changer.🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

I totally like the changes (but some) Netflix did with Avatar: The Last Airbender. They did a good job with most of the casting. Wish it had more episodes though.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered (Switch) is purchased. Shooting space fascists never felt so good!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

@davillain: I saw the first episode, it was basically a No Fun Allowed version of the original show, except with worse storytelling to boot.

Does it get better?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10441 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

watched season 1 of true detective a few months ago. it had an 8.9 on imdb so had high hopes.

it started well with a bizarre murder scene with a woman who's been left naked in a praying position against a tree with antlers on her head and a satanic symbol tattooed on her back. all very intriguing. woody harrelson and matthew mcconaughey are the detectives. was thinking this could be amazing.

but the story ended up being more about them and their lives than the murders. it's told retrospectively. and the pacing is very up an down because of that. i just wanted a great thriller, not one with a load of domestic shit bogging it down. it does pick up again at the end but overall didn't land anywhere near as well as an 8.9 should have.

it does have alexandra daddario in it though who gets her kit off and her giant knockers out so maybe worth a watch just for that

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46295 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

watched season 1 of true detective a few months ago. it had an 8.9 on imdb so had high hopes.

it started well with a bizarre murder scene with a woman who's been left naked in a praying position against a tree with antlers on her head and a satanic symbol tattooed on her back. all very intriguing. woody harrelson and matthew mcconaughey are the detectives. was thinking this could be amazing.

but the story ended up being more about them than the murders. it's told retrospectively. and the pacing is very up an down because of that. i just wanted a great thriller, not one with a load of domestic shit bogging it down. it does pick up again at the end but overall didn't land anywhere near as well as an 8.9 should have.

it does have alexandra daddario in it though who gets her kit off and her giant knockers out so maybe worth a watch just for that

Coincidentally I did read an article that goes more in depth on why True Detective S01 was written in the style that it was:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3797022/looking-back-on-the-grounded-cosmic-horror-of-true-detective-10-years-later/

Every True Detective season is completely stand alone, so I would definitely recommend you to watch on and see if the other seasons are more your cup of tea.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22680 Posts

We made it to another lounge!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator

@Willy105: It does get interesting as the show goes on. I think the whole Avatar Last Airbender fanbase is mixed with feeling regarding Netflix decisions changes is just out of hand. This was never gonna be 100% accurate to the animation. You gotta let go the animation and go along with the new direction Netflix is doing with it is what the fans aren't noticing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator

@TheEroica: Read the previous posters in the old lounge. They'll tell ya why lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

AI to good use.

Loading Video...
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi

@R4gn4r0k: damn as soon as you open that site its like attack of the banners! cookies, notifications, adblocker... couldn't even see the content for banners. thanks though i'll have a read. i'll definitely try another season, it wasn't terrible by any stretch. season 4 came out recently, didn't set the world on fire from the reviews i read.

it sounds like fargo if every season is completely different (cast, setting etc). would definitely recommend that if youre looking for something to watch. just recently finished season 5 and it was excellent, but theyre all good, season 1 in particular

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22680 Posts

@davillain said:

@TheEroica: Read the previous posters in the old lounge. They'll tell ya why lol.

I just read it and still don't get it. Lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58967 Posts

Wow, the Medusa in the 2010 movie looks like complete shit compared to Ray Harryhausens.

Loading Video...

The OG one is genuinely creepy and scary. The stop motion movements rather than silky smooth "camera can do anything" CGI stuff add to it's otherwordlyness.

Loading Video...

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2451 Posts

@last_lap: What chicken salt is the best? Can I get it on Amazon?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen  Online

@ghostofgolden said:

Since we're at it, i want to know as well.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Last_Lap

@AcidTango: Have you tried a Tim Tam Slam?

Loading Video...

I don't drink Coffee, but it works just as well with a cuppa Tea.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Since we're at it, i want to know as well.

A quick YT search netted this video, apparently you can buy it from Amazon.

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap

Just read there was a Remnant 2 update yesterday allowing crossplay.

Unlike the first game I haven't tried co-op on 2 yet, maybe I will when they release the 2nd dlc sometime this year.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Macutchi

@R4gn4r0k: that article has an interesting take on true detective season one and a bit of an eye opener for me.

as someone unfamiliar with most of those old horror genre references, that's got to be a reason it failed to really click with me. i took it more at face value, wanting to understand more about the crimes, the cult, the origin and have those things be the focus, with the detectives unravelling and ultimately solving the mystery.

i missed the symbolism, references and historical homages to the horror genre, and was just generally less interested in how the detectives individually dealt with the things they experienced and the impact it had on their personal and professional lives.

i've just watched episode 1 of td season 4, set in the arctic, with jodie foster as the star and it is a lot more on the nose as a supernatural thriller. definitely intriguing enough to give episode 2 a go. plus i'm a sucker for a thriller set in a remote snowy setting. i've got fortitude on my to watch list too

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

Making Chicken Salt does sound simple, you just need to get the right ingredients to do so. I'll probably order those ingredients from Uber.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

@davillain: It being different from the original is not important, what's important is that it's better or not. The first episode at least was wholly worse than the original in terms of storytelling and characters and pacing and action et al.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen  Online

Australians..........

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AcidTango

@last_lap:

I don't drink coffee ether and tea as well. But I could always use hot chocolate instead.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: What's wrong in asking for female characters to play as?

Also I see your new sig, seems I've struck a nerve 🤭

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap

@AcidTango: Yeah that'll work nicely. If you end up doing it, let me know how it went.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Last_Lap

@uninspiredcup: It's not spot the pommy over there yet is it?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

In the US we have a Mexican product that's tomato-chicken salt...well, it's technically bullion (like to make soup stock) but it's a great secret ingredient to add some flavor and umami to whatever you're making. Great stirred into melted butter and then drizzled on popcorn. Or if your soup is lacking a little "oomph" toss that in there.

It's hiding in the Mexican section of your grocery store.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

I just want to be respected, you know. I mean shit, be in a my shoes for a second, it takes a lot of strength and will to be where i am.

And what do i think of asking for a female character to be playable? I think its incredibly sexist.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

I just want to be respected, you know. I mean shit, be in a my shoes for a second, it takes a lot of strength and will to be where i am.

And what do i think of asking for a female character to be playable? I think its incredibly sexist.

SW biggest troll wants to be respected lol. Sorry but you're stuck as a fakeboy until proven otherwise. I gave you an option the other day to prove otherwise, but alas you couldn't.

Nothing sexist about asking for a character you like to play as. There are tens of millions of female gamers, its short sightedness of Valve to not have an option for women to play as a female.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

SW biggest troll wants to be respected lol. Sorry but you're stuck as a fakeboy until proven otherwise. I gave you an option the other day to prove otherwise, but alas you couldn't.

Nothing sexist about asking for a character you like to play as. There are tens of millions of female gamers, its short sightedness of Valve to not have an option for women to play as a female.

Never trolled in my life, so i am not sure who you're talking about. And guess what? I don't want to know because i don't respect trolls.

How many Swat groups do you see with women in them? How many terrorists women is there? Yea, it makes fuckall sense for a women to be in CS just because womens in real life asked to be represented. Go play Valorant if you play video games to play as your own gender😆Imagine even paying attention to this kind of shit when you're playing a video game for its gameplay, and in the case of CS, competition😆lmao Karens i swear.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Never trolled in my life, so i am not sure who you're talking about. And guess what? I don't want to know because i don't respect trolls.

How many Swat groups do you see with women in them? How many terrorists women in there? Yea, it makes fuckall sense for a women to be in CS just because womens in real life asked to be represented. Go play Valorant if you play video games to play as your sex😆Imagine even paying attention to this kind of shit when you're playing a video game for its gameplay, and in the case of CS, competition😆lmao Karens i swear.

The only thing you know how to do is troll and be a fakeboy.

Imagine going onto a forum and having a cry because a female asked to be represented in a game they like play, you're the Karen in this scenario.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Last_Lap

Cloud Imperium has had a few job cuts, sure only a few people, but since its Cl it most likely means the game(s) will be delayed by another decade, maybe a 2040 release🤦‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

How many Swat groups do you see with women in them? How many terrorists women in there? Yea, it makes fuckall sense for a women to be in CS just because womens in real life asked to be represented. Go play Valorant if you play video games to play as your sex😆Imagine even paying attention to this kind of shit when you're playing a video game for its gameplay, and in the case of CS, competition😆lmao Karens i swear.

The only thing you know how to do is troll and be a fakeboy.

Imagine going onto a forum and having a cry because a female asked to be represented in a game they like play, you're the Karen in this scenario.

Nope, never trolled. Its you who is trolling me right now, which isn't surprising, lots of trolling in Australia.

And who is crying about whatthefuckever? I posted the Karen squad crying for not being represented in a video game😆

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Yeah, you've never trolled, what you meant is that you've never NOT trolled.

It's pretty simple, if they put a create a custom character option in the game then they wouldn't have people asking for it, devs did that generations ago. It's not hard, oh wait Valve can't count to 3, so it might be hard for them to do lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Last_Lap
Loading Video...

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AcidTango
@last_lap said:

@AcidTango: Yeah that'll work nicely. If you end up doing it, let me know how it went.

No problem I will let you know 👍

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Anyone check out that new 3D platformer that shadowdropped last week, Penny's Big Breakaway?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15919 Posts

Just watched Dune 2. Its freaking good! There were scenes I feel bit too long and yet some characters just dont have enough screentime but overall its a great 9/10 from me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Not a Counter Strike 2 player myself but I fail to see what the problem is for female players wanting to play as a female character in game. 🤷‍♂️

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Archangel3371 said:

Not a Counter Strike 2 player myself but I fail to see what the problem is for female players wanting to play as a female character in game. 🤷‍♂️

Imagine if the highly realistic game it was based off had that around 25 years ago. Sure would make them look stupid.