System Wars Lounge v51: Where's my BF Bunduru?! Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@93BlackHawk93: They look much better in person than in pictures. The pikachu is surprisingly high quality for something that was just $13.

My recommendation is to go buy yourself one or two, see if you like them. If you do, go buy more, if you don't, you're only $13 out and you at least have a Nintendo figure to show for it, I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic: Their implementation in Smash Wuu is genius.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#204 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93: They look much better in person than in pictures. The pikachu is surprisingly high quality for something that was just $13.

My recommendation is to go buy yourself one or two, see if you like them. If you do, go buy more big you don't, you're only $13 out and you at least have a nintendo figure to show for it, I guess.

Dat fanboy logic >.>

Nah, but seriously. Ninty's new cash cow. I still don't get how adults go crazy over Skylander figures and now these Amiibo, but I suppose neither Acti or Ninty care all that much too :P

As much as how collectors go crazy about anime and comic figures.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#207 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Desmonic: I wasn't really looking for an argument, bruh. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic: Well, it does help. I bought mine because I was excited for how it is utilized in Smash.

Of course, it's a cheap and high quality figure as well, so that didn't hurt. But I buy a lot of Pikachu merchandise, so I would eventually have gotten this either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic: There is no Charizard amiibo ;__;

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#212 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Hoping an Olimar and Ganandorf amiibo come around soon. Ganandorf would be so badass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Would an Olimar amiibo include the three pikmin as well, though?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#214  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd imagine they could fit the three pikmin either on his head/shoulders or have their heads popping out of the base of the amiibo. It could work depending on how they make Olimar.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#216  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
Loading Video...

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#217 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

You'd think after the beta testers all got eaten at Jurassic Park 20 years ago that people would be smart enough to not go back.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#218 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:
Loading Video...

fjalfjalfja;fa that movie is gonna be AWESOME

Chris Pratt [x]

Jurassic Park [x]

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Wow, one of my ridiculously talented friends just got a job at Square Enix as a concept artist... on one hand it's awesome, but on the other hand I'm confused since his work is well above Square Enix level stuff. I wanted to ask him why, but instead I just said congrats. I'm guessing since he was such a huge fan of their games growing up, he's willing to take a lower end job just to be there.

Hopefully he can make a meaningful impact at the company, but truth be told, they probably just want his environment art.

Edit: Also something a bit troubling. Not for me, but for the handful of people here still looking forward to FFXV.

So of course he's under a super strict NDA. He can't tell me shit for details. Even if he could, I wouldn't be foolish enough to repeat it here... but from what I gather, his first project with the company will be FFXV.

Concept art... FFXV... Concept Art... This guy paints massive environments for the biggest films and games around, not side props and bullshit... this guys work is usually used in pre-production to get the rest of the team on the same page, visually.

Yes, a lot of assumption here, and yes FFXV is obviously well into the production phase, but it would seem that they are still missing big chunks of the game if they're calling him in.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

The Olimar Amiibo will just be like his Smash "trophy", like all the other Amiibos. Duh.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Ballroompirate

error 500 everywhere on GS today holy shit, you'd think the site would stop sucking but GD the monkeys that run this site are just...

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#222 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Wow, one of my ridiculously talented friends just got a job at Square Enix as a concept artist... on one hand it's awesome, but on the other hand I'm confused since his work is well above Square Enix level stuff. I wanted to ask him why, but instead I just said congrats. I'm guessing since he was such a huge fan of their games growing up, he's willing to take a lower end job just to be there.

Hopefully he can make a meaningful impact at the company, but truth be told, they probably just want his environment art.

Edit: Also something a bit troubling. Not for me, but for the handful of people here still looking forward to FFXV.

So of course he's under a super strict NDA. He can't tell me shit for details. Even if he could, I wouldn't be foolish enough to repeat it here... but from what I gather, his first project with the company will be FFXV.

Concept art... FFXV... Concept Art... This guy paints massive environments for the biggest films and games around, not side props and bullshit... this guys work is usually used in pre-production to get the rest of the team on the same page, visually.

Yes, a lot of assumption here, and yes FFXV is obviously well into the production phase, but it would seem that they are still missing big chunks of the game if they're calling him in.

That is weird, environments are indeed usually pre production stuff. Though sometimes they need touch ups which are essentially painting over already modelled environments to make visual improvements, that's how Naughty Dog does it anyhow. Like, I heard from Eytan Zana, an ND concept artist, that once the pre production was over and they started all of the modelling and programming process, their job became "touching up", like making each and every room extra special.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#223 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Oh joy, starting the mortgage process. Looking forward to the roads ahead!

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#225 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

error 500 everywhere on GS today holy shit, you'd think the site would stop sucking but GD the monkeys that run this site are just...

It feels like they're trying to find reasons for me not to come here. If it wasn't for this community I continue to barely lurk around...

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I just saw that Keighley Award Show has a category for "Best Remaster", which is ridiculous in itself but also has ORAS as its nominee

What a joke of a show.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@funsohng: best remaster. damn that's niche.

however i'm confident that by 2017 >50% of games will be eligible for that category.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By funsohng

@CrownKingArthur said:

@funsohng: best remaster. damn that's niche.

however i'm confident that by 2017 >50% of games will be eligible for that category.

TBH, remasters don't even deserve full reviews, imo. What's the point? It's just technical enhancement with few icing on the side.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 ConanTheStoner

@parkurtommo said:

That is weird, environments are indeed usually pre production stuff. Though sometimes they need touch ups which are essentially painting over already modelled environments to make visual improvements, that's how Naughty Dog does it anyhow. Like, I heard from Eytan Zana, an ND concept artist, that once the pre production was over and they started all of the modelling and programming process, their job became "touching up", like making each and every room extra special.

Interesting, you mean like adding a bit of pop to the texture teams work and background stuff, etc.?

That'd make sense I suppose.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@Technoweirdo said:

Be happy? I'd be picking a terrible gift for myself and think myself an insensitive, unthoughtful jerk and idiot for buying a system without a game. A system, mind you, that won't let me have JP Marie in Persona Q. Nuts to the English one. While waiting for the New 3DS, I could also be getting a Wii U...

You're too darn picky for your own good. Excuse me while I have a blast playing Persona Q myself.

Which I am. The game starts a bit slower than the typical Etrian Odyssey but I like the visuals and the cast is fun to follow. I can't wait for the game to truly pick up and start handing me my butt on a platter. That's when these games get really fun.

Edit: Jurassic World made me shake my head in shame. Not enough three public incidents involving dinosaurs eating people made headlines, people STILL go back to these places? And create new kinds of killer dinosaurs? Mankind deserves to get devoured in that universe.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 funsohng
@mmmwksil said:

Edit: Jurassic World made me shake my head in shame. Not enough three public incidents involving dinosaurs eating people made headlines, people STILL go back to these places? And create new kinds of killer dinosaurs? Mankind deserves to get devoured in that universe.

Considering how many superpowers made war in Afghanistan and failed miserably, going back to some amusement park just because it had some problems doesn't seem like that much of a problem. Humans are stupid, we know. At least Jurassic Park has dinos.

Also @Technoweirdo, hanakana sucks.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 mmmwksil
@funsohng said:

Considering how many superpowers made war in Afghanistan and failed miserably, going back to some amusement park just because it had some problems doesn't seem like that much of a problem. Humans are stupid, we know. At least Jurassic Park has dinos.

Fair enough, but the "make new dinos!!!" part was really idiotic even for movie logic to me. Shouldn't be, but it is.

Then again, how else would they make JW different from JP given the setting? Bet your biscuit I'll see this anyway. Probably won't pay money for it, though.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 funsohng

@mmmwksil said:
@funsohng said:

Fair enough, but the "make new dinos!!!" part was really idiotic even for movie logic to me. Shouldn't be, but it is.

Then again, how else would they make JW different from JP given the setting? Bet your biscuit I'll see this anyway. Probably won't pay money for it, though.

Don't think even Pratt the Man is enough to make me watch this one.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 mmmwksil

I now have over 1400 coins on my Club Nintendo account (thanks to Persona Q and a new 3DS). And Nintendo offers NOTHING worth spending those coins on.

I've said this before, but man does it upset me. I want cool stuff!!

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
@mmmwksil said:

You're too darn picky for your own good. Excuse me while I have a blast playing Persona Q myself.

Which I am. The game starts a bit slower than the typical Etrian Odyssey but I like the visuals and the cast is fun to follow. I can't wait for the game to truly pick up and start handing me my butt on a platter. That's when these games get really fun.

Enjoy as I suffer through EOU's 2nd Stratum boss and his goddamn healers.

As for Jurassic World, I'm sure they're convinced nothing can happen because the dinosaurs look so fake compared to the old ones. It has to be safe this time. Seriously, that CG, ugh...

@ConanTheStoner said:

*FFXV speculation*

Just checking: You're sure he's working on FFXV and not, say, Just Cause 3?

@Slashkice said:

If you guys haven't heard, Windows 8/Phone users can get 100 albums for free right now. There's actually a lot of good stuff up for grabs.

I don't need this. I don't even want it. Quite frankly, I'm insulted they think I'm some cheapskate. I spent 20 minutes of my time looking for an old phone only to find out it uses WP7. orz I'll just go and play Always Sometimes Monsters now.

@funsohng said:

Also @Technoweirdo, hanakana sucks.

>.>

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
@mmmwksil said:

I now have over 1400 coins on my Club Nintendo account (thanks to Persona Q and a new 3DS). And Nintendo offers NOTHING worth spending those coins on.

I've said this before, but man does it upset me. I want cool stuff!!

You can get that cool stuff at your not-so-local Nintendo World Store which doesn't do shipping.
If it ever does, it'll happen shortly before Club Nintendo shuts down, which I do expect to happen someday.

@Slashkice said:

On the bright side, you can consider yourself lucky for not getting subjected to the apps necessary to download them because holycraptheyareawful.

Not even Microsoft can make apps for Windows 8, huh?
Well, I hope whatever album you got (What did you get?) was worth it.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By PapaTrop

@mmmwksil said:

And I like how the mom in the first part of the trailer jokingly tells her scared kids to "run" if they get chased.

There are scenes in that trailer of people willy nilly hanging out with dinosaurs on kayaks... And the Shamoo Sea World dinosaur eating the shark may as well be where this movie "jumps the shark"... And we have the technology to create hybrid animals, but of course the tech is first used to create a hybrid dinosaur of which the scientists are completely unaware what it'll be capable of?

And what's with the raptors at the end? Why does Chris Pratt not even flinch when they're running passed him on the motorcycle? Are they on his team? lol...

I'll watch it for sure. I'm a fan of the old Jurassic Park movies (though 2 did suck some big fat dino balls), but I have no hope for it.

It's so rare that modern action movies are good, and this looks like it'll be continuing the trend of bad action movies.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Yeah, it feels like part of the dinosaurs are gonna join up to take down the lab creation.

Itt'll be brosome.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#240 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@papatrop said:

@mmmwksil said:

And I like how the mom in the first part of the trailer jokingly tells her scared kids to "run" if they get chased.

There are scenes in that trailer of people willy nilly hanging out with dinosaurs on kayaks... And the Shamoo Sea World dinosaur eating the shark may as well be where this movie "jumps the shark"... And we have the technology to create hybrid animals, but of course the tech is first used to create a hybrid dinosaur of which the scientists are completely unaware what it'll be capable of?

And what's with the raptors at the end? Why does Chris Pratt not even flinch when they're running passed him on the motorcycle? Are they on his team? lol...

I'll watch it for sure. I'm a fan of the old Jurassic Park movies (though 2 did suck some big fat dino balls), but I have no hope for it.

It's so rare that modern action movies are good, and this looks like it'll be continuing the trend of bad action movies.

I'm going to bet the raptors are running away from the Genetically engineered dinosaur, as is chris pratt.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@lostrib said:

@papatrop said:

@mmmwksil said:

I'm going to bet the raptors are running away from the Genetically engineered dinosaur, as is chris pratt.

looks way too calm. he's got the whole ryan gosling look on his face during that clip

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 PapaTrop

@commonfate said:

@lostrib said:

@papatrop said:

@mmmwksil said:

looks way too calm. he's got the whole ryan gosling look on his face during that clip

Yeah, I imagine they are all running away, but the fact is that Chris Pratt doesn't even acknowledge the existence of these raptors running passed him.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By funsohng

@papatrop said:

Cuz he's da Starlord, man! Starlord! Ever heard of him?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ConanTheStoner

@Technoweirdo said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

*FFXV speculation*

Just checking: You're sure he's working on FFXV and not, say, Just Cause 3?

Nah, he wasn't able to spill details, but he was allowed to say that he's in-house and FFXV is the project he's going to be on.

He wouldn't even consider working on a Just Cause game lol. As I said, I'm surprised he was even willing to work on FF, but it turns out he was a huge fan and it was a childhood dream type deal.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Ballroompirate

@Zassimick said:

@Ballroompirate said:

It feels like they're trying to find reasons for me not to come here. If it wasn't for this community I continue to barely lurk around...

I barely lurk here cause all of the crap that's been going on here and the redesign didn't help ether.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 parkurtommo

@ConanTheStoner said:

@parkurtommo said:

Interesting, you mean like adding a bit of pop to the texture teams work and background stuff, etc.?

That'd make sense I suppose.

No it's more like adding furniture to a scene that looks too bland. I think he gave a direct example of like a room in TLoU with a table, a chair, maybe a pot with flowers. That's boring, right? So they detailed out a lot of these rooms, giving each of them a personality, a small narrative, through added detail, like maybe some spilled milk on the floor, several broken chairs stacked on top of each other, wooden planks covering a door. It's still environment concept art, but it's no longer pre production/mood stuff.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#248  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Ballroompirate: yeah, all that crap with the site also cut down on users to make topics. So I find there are so few good topics to lurk. And I'll be damned if I try to make a thread! I'm turrible at it!

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 parkurtommo

I find it bizarre that I can sit on my ass all day and yet still be considered "fit" according to the Portuguese fitnessgram system thingy that they use in physical education. We do an endurance test which is basically just running back and forth as long as you can, and I did 61 which is exactly the amount I needed to be considered "fit", and then I did 21 push ups which is above fit, then 30-something sit ups which is also above what's considered fit. I'm just confused, I shouldn't be this healthy with the kind of lifestyle and interests I have.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#250  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

I find it bizarre that I can sit on my ass all day and yet still be considered "fit" according to the Portuguese fitnessgram system thingy that they use in physical education. We do an endurance test which is basically just running back and forth as long as you can, and I did 61 which is exactly the amount I needed to be considered "fit", and then I did 21 push ups which is above fit, then 30-something sit ups which is also above what's considered fit. I'm just confused, I shouldn't be this healthy with the kind of lifestyle and interests I have.

I have a desk job in IT and I workout on lunch to stay fit as a fiddle.