System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#851 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kitty said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

why isn't the stock thermal solution fine?

Depends on how hot those APUs run. I was a bit worried with my phenom at stock speeds/cooler, when it was a bit warm in here I would sometimes reach 55c. And the limit on those is 62c.

Bought a EVO, even OC'ed and never went passed 43c

with the stock cooler did you ever exceed 62°C? eg did you ever have problems caused by excess temperature? it sounds as though you made the change pre-emptively (which is fine)

and yes an aftermarket solution should be superior. and yes, climate can have an effect.

i'm surprised when people say the thermal solution provided by amd/intel is insufficient .in some cases you can overclock with the stock cooler. it's a multi factorial dynamic thing.

Nope it never did. I was just worried that some day it might. With how the weather has been changing here the past few years, it's possible it could have maybe reached the 60s.
Though with me being on the second floor, its a bit hotter up here compared to the lower floor during the summer.
The stock was fine imo, just me being worried was the problem. I didn't try the stock cooler with my 4670k, because I knew I was gonna OC it. So I moved my EVO over to this build.
Now my phenom is just sitting atm, but I might put the stock cooler back on it and start using it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#852 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

So I might be getting a PS4 and a 3DS (again) tomorrow >.>

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#853  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@kitty said:

Nope it never did. I was just worried that some day it might. With how the weather has been changing here the past few years, it's possible it could have maybe reached the 60s.

Though with me being on the second floor, its a bit hotter up here compared to the lower floor during the summer.

The stock was fine imo, just me being worried was the problem. I didn't try the stock cooler with my 4670k, because I knew I was gonna OC it. So I moved my EVO over to this build.

Now my phenom is just sitting atm, but I might put the stock cooler back on it and start using it.

that is a very honest and satisfying answer! yeap with the 'k' type intel cpu, overclocking is the way to go and yes, an aftermarket solution is the way to go. good stuff man.

i just think that amd/intel should ensure the thermal solution they include with each processor is adequate for most climates at stock clocks. otherwise what are they doing? sending me a bit of aluminium i can go recycle. haha!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#854 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: What happened to Titanfall?

No one plays anymore.

It's dead on PC already? Shame I was thinking of picking it up.

Nah, there were still plenty of people playing. Thats a game that kind of boring to play without friends though

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#855  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

Stock cooler is fine if you're not overclocking and liquid cooling is generally w/e. A big fan will cool it just the same but for cheaper. 750 w is overkill. 550 will be fine.

I'm assuming you have something planned for the Blu-ray burner and 3 TB HDD, otherwise I would recommend 1 TB HDD for general games and files + <256 GB SSD for OS and games you wanna give the most love to (Dota 2).

The original build had an SSD with a 1TB combo and no, the stock cooler is never "fine".

Its noisy and how is running at 70'C+ "fine"?

@commonfate said:

@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

Stock cooler is fine if you're not overclocking and liquid cooling is generally w/e. A big fan will cool it just the same but for cheaper. 750 w is overkill. 550 will be fine.

I'm assuming you have something planned for the Blu-ray burner and 3 TB HDD, otherwise I would recommend 1 TB HDD for general games and files + <256 GB SSD for OS and games you wanna give the most love to (Dota 2).

The original build had an SSD with a 1TB combo and no, the stock cooler is never "fine".

I've been running such a build for quite some time now while running everything from emulators to high end gaming and more. No problems here and I've been running stock case fans, stock cooler, etc.

Go look at your temps when you are running those games. I bet you that stock cooler is struggling. A stock cooler is only really designed to handle light loads like web browsing, office work and movie watching. For the sake of $20 you get much cooler temps, a cooler that you will never hear and increased life span of your chip.

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kitty said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Depends on how hot those APUs run. I was a bit worried with my phenom at stock speeds/cooler, when it was a bit warm in here I would sometimes reach 55c. And the limit on those is 62c.

Bought a EVO, even OC'ed and never went passed 43c

with the stock cooler did you ever exceed 62°C? eg did you ever have problems caused by excess temperature? it sounds as though you made the change pre-emptively (which is fine)

and yes an aftermarket solution should be superior. and yes, climate can have an effect.

i'm surprised when people say the thermal solution provided by amd/intel is insufficient .in some cases you can overclock with the stock cooler. it's a multi factorial dynamic thing.

It depends alot on your case. If you have shit airflow, the temps will always go up. As I already said, for what we do with CPU's the stock CPU heatsink is not enough.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856 Ballroompirate

@clyde46: They've actually made a few decent stocked coolers recently, I actually like the one I have in mine atm.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

I've been running such a build for quite some time now while running everything from emulators to high end gaming and more. No problems here and I've been running stock case fans, stock cooler, etc.

Go look at your temps when you are running those games.

I have and nothing I've seen concerns me. There's no doubt I would get cooler temps if I spent the money but considering that my hardware has been performing just fine for 2 years as is I've yet to see a cause for upgrade. Like CKA posted earlier, it would be quite something for me to use my processor and for it not to perform as advertised provided I use it within the parameters set by the manufacturer.

If LegSky wishes to buy a $100 cooler I have no further desire to advise on his purchases but if he's avoiding a better GPU or CPU because he feels the liquid cooling is neccessary then someone should tell him it simply isn't.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858 CrownKingArthur

@clyde46:

i don't have any noise issues with my rigs. i'm well below 70°C, i've used loggers to check while running Unigine for 1hr+.

why add thermal solution if it's not necessary? your description of 'stock cooler' sounds more akin to the description of 'celeron'. for example, what is an i7 for? does an i7 come with a stock thermal solution? should that thermal solution handle a maximum load from that cpu at its stock clocks the whole day long - it should. unsurprisingly, under the environmental conditions intel say the cpu can be used, it will handle it all day long.

i find airflow easy to manage. but i like to buy the largest case possible, mostly because it's easier when i have to work in there. it also helps to leave a gaping hole where n00bs put optical drives (not really, just mentioned for comedic purposes)

i spent the "$20" on an aftermarket cooler once upon a time and that's part of the reason why I don't do it now.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#859  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

AngryJoe streaming The Last of Us Remaster on Twitch for those interested.. watching him from my PS4, he sure keeps dying too much in the game lol

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#860 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I died quite a bit in The Last of Us. Turning Listen Mode off was honestly a dumb choice by me.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#861 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Blabadon said:

I died quite a bit in The Last of Us. Turning Listen Mode off was honestly a dumb choice by me.

It's basically wall hacks

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#862 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@clyde46: hmmm I'll have to check the case again. I kinda want to roll with it.

So I can use the key twice? How?

And I'll look at the fan again to see if it fits.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

AngryJoe streaming The Last of Us Remaster on Twitch for those interested.. watching him from my PS4, he sure keeps dying too much in the game lol

no idea why anyone would watch that dude. he's fucking awful like almost all youtube streamers.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#864 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Not much has changed in my absence, SolidTy still has the most impressive gamerscore/Trophy stack on the site and there aren't any half interesting discussions going on after E3..

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865 kitty  Moderator
@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Not much has changed in my absence, SolidTy still has the most impressive gamerscore/Trophy stack on the site and there aren't any half interesting discussions going on after E3..

@SolidTy is just awesome thats why.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#866  Edited By AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

@kitty said:
@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Hardcore to the core, the leader of the glorious HYPE union which still exists outside of the borders of Gamespot.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867  Edited By Ballroompirate

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

no idea why anyone would watch that dude. he's fucking awful like almost all youtube streamers.

Have to agree with mems, Angry Joe is just a tool and a horrible gamer. The only streamer I only care about is pewdiepie

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868 LegatoSkyheart

@commonfate: I'm purely gathering information, what's wrong with liquid cooling?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#869 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

I don't really like any of those guys like Joe or pewdie. I forgot this guy's username but he made a video about Xbox vs PS4 and E3. He was explaining that people are stupid for thinking companies like Microsoft and Sony love them and give people stuff because they are "nice".

He had a pill bottle in the background.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

@kitty said:
@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Hardcore to the core, the leader of the glorious HYPE union which still exists outside of the borders of Gamespot.

Thank you both kindly. :)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871 clyde46

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@clyde46: hmmm I'll have to check the case again. I kinda want to roll with it.

So I can use the key twice? How?

And I'll look at the fan again to see if it fits.

Using the key is easy. All you need to do is extract it using this program.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Then once you've done that, download a legit Win7 ISO which you can do from torrent sites (the legit ISO starts a 30 day trial if you don't have a key). Create a USB installer and then install it as you normally would from a disc. The problem I see with that case is that its not designed for current computing. I don't believe it has the nessary mounting space for that cooler. You need space to mount a 240mm rad in there something and I don't think its got those mounting points. The CM690 II I linked does because I actually own one and I can tell you its a dam good case.

Now this could all be moot if you really want to stick with that case. In my opinion, you don't need that liquid cooler and this is coming from someone who owns a H100. That CM 212 is well known to provide exceptional cooling for very little. Its been around since the year dot but people still keep buying them for a reason, plus it should have no issue with fitting in your case.

@Ballroompirate said:

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Have to agree with mems, Angry Joe is just a tool and a horrible gamer. The only streamer I only care about is pewdiepie

Ewwww.

@CrownKingArthur said:

@clyde46:

i don't have any noise issues with my rigs. i'm well below 70°C, i've used loggers to check while running Unigine for 1hr+.

why add thermal solution if it's not necessary? your description of 'stock cooler' sounds more akin to the description of 'celeron'. for example, what is an i7 for? does an i7 come with a stock thermal solution? should that thermal solution handle a maximum load from that cpu at its stock clocks the whole day long - it should. unsurprisingly, under the environmental conditions intel say the cpu can be used, it will handle it all day long.

i find airflow easy to manage. but i like to buy the largest case possible, mostly because it's easier when i have to work in there. it also helps to leave a gaping hole where n00bs put optical drives (not really, just mentioned for comedic purposes)

i spent the "$20" on an aftermarket cooler once upon a time and that's part of the reason why I don't do it now.

I have a 2600K and at stock, running BONIC it was actually throttling down because it was running over 90'C using the stock cooler. As I said before, the thermal solutions that both companies provide are "just good enough" to made the thing run but not much more. AMD's coolers are better but they suffer from increased noise. Intel's ones are just shit, I would get a 3'C difference between max RPM and minimum RPM. That $20 heatsink is one of the best on the market, not only will it give you lower operating temps which means your CPU's life span will increase thanks to the improved heat dissipation but it will also give you lower noise. I am worried about that case though, if he's going to OC'ing or playing in a warm room then I don't believe that case has the means of dissipating all that heat build up.

@commonfate said:

@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

Go look at your temps when you are running those games.

I have and nothing I've seen concerns me. There's no doubt I would get cooler temps if I spent the money but considering that my hardware has been performing just fine for 2 years as is I've yet to see a cause for upgrade. Like CKA posted earlier, it would be quite something for me to use my processor and for it not to perform as advertised provided I use it within the parameters set by the manufacturer.

If LegSky wishes to buy a $100 cooler I have no further desire to advise on his purchases but if he's avoiding a better GPU or CPU because he feels the liquid cooling is neccessary then someone should tell him it simply isn't.

I see where you are coming from but I myself would never use or recommend the stock solution to anyone. Considering there are a vast selection of coolers that don't break the bank and will give you oodles of better cooling it seems silly not to.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Trails in the Sky's battle theme was composed by Michiru Yamane. Love it.
Liking the soundtrack a lot in general and the rest of the game too. Not far, but the writing so far is excellent. NPCs do more than just idle chatter like they normally would; they actually interact with the main characters in some way and vice versa and, at least in the starting town, actually know Estelle and Joshua. Gives a sense of believability you don't see very often.

Also, Estelle is cute. Cute is justice. Go buy the game if you haven't already.

@Slashkice said:

Donkey Kong Country Returns. I dunno why I'm not enjoying this game.

Oh well, at least I didn't pay for it.

Because it doesn't have David-fucking-Wise. Where's that pic when I need it?And why would Bing censor my search? :x

Seriously now, my memory of the Wii version (You're playing 3DS, right?) is that it relied a little too much on gimmicks like jumping into the foreground or background and slamming to cause stage effects. Got in the way of the actual platforming.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#874 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@commonfate: I'm purely gathering information, what's wrong with liquid cooling?

Nothing is particularly wrong with it. Chasing lower temps in and of itself is simply a luxury if your system is already stable.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#875 clyde46

@commonfate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Nothing is particularly wrong with it. Chasing lower temps in and of itself is simply a luxury if your system is already stable.

Its not a luxury....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876  Edited By deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@Slashkice said:
I don't think it's the music. 'Cuz I've been playing on mute.And blasting my homegirl Ariana over it instead because I have no shame.
Yeah, I'm playing on 3DS. I don't actually mind that stuff, probably since searching for those damn collectibles is already getting in the way of the platforming. I guess if anything I just find the game boring. It's not really doing anything I haven't done in some other platformer, even ones not starring a monkey. Like, it's polished but whoop-dee-doo so are a bunch of other games.
Meanwhile, The Last of Us is still pretty great. Less so when played on a Vita though. The controls just don't translate over very well. :[

L2/R2 are aim/shoot in the PS4 version and Vita's rear touchpad acts as those, right? If you haven't, switch them to L1/R1.

And yeah, the collection is a problem too. Wasn't a problem back in the original DKCs, maybe 'cause they didn't have a glaring reminder that you didn't 100% the level and force you to slow down the game more than it should. Like the platforming itself though and the music isn't bad (TURN IT ON, DAMNIT. I don't care if Ariana is actually decent judging by the few songs of hers I listened to) Complimenting your taste in music, what's come over me?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#877 Blabadon

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to even accidentally use the back TouchPad to shoot. The shoulder buttons are defaults for shooters in remote play anyways

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#878 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@commonfate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Its not a luxury....

When something brings secondary benefits (aka not necessary) but costs significantly more, it's a luxury.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@Blabadon said:

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to even accidentally use the back TouchPad to shoot. The shoulder buttons are defaults for shooters in remote play anyways

Regardless, I have a difficult time imagining TLoU being hard to control on the Vita. I don't think running, Listen Mode, and the flashlight/spotting are used so often that they need dedicated buttons though they do help.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#880  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

I did a combination of sorts of both Clyde's and Mine's Builds.

Turns out it's cheaper. :P

I'm not quite sure on Clyde's Method of Reusing my Windows 7 key considering it looks like, according to that site anyway, that I would be EXTRACTING the code from the computer I'm using now and transfer it to the new build. I'm getting not rid of the rig I'm using now, I'm just building a new computer. Unless I'm HORRIBLY mistaken.

Also I'm really trying to salvage that Case of mine. I want it to work, I really don't want to change it. So my questions now are

What is the Difference Between the MSI A88X-G45 GAMING FM2+ & GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA ?

and What is the difference between the AMD A10-5800K Trinity Quad-Core 3.8GHz & Intel Core i5-4690K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz ?

Those two comparisons look they would get the job done the same, but one's cheaper than the other. Is there something I should be looking out for?

Also Another reason why I left SSD is purely that one Clyde put up is no longer available at this time. Though I'm considering putting the OS on an SSD for faster loading. I'm also considering going CrossFire for this, As in putting down for another Sapphire. I was going to go with the Nvidia card so I can take advantage of the PhsyX stuff, but apparently you can configure this stuff using an AMD card too. I'll probably look more into it. Also I plan on putting another 8 GB Ram Stick in this build too to make a 16 gb build. Though the stuff I have up there is just to get me started. The Bluray Drive is purely just so I can watch my Blurays on my PC.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881  Edited By Blabadon

@Technoweirdo: Some games really don't translate well. Wolfenstein The New Order was plain not fun at times with the minimal effort they put into Remote Play.

But I agree with you on The Last of Us. I would think it would translate fine, especially with a first party game. Oh well. Don't know if I'll pick up the game yet.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#882  Edited By clyde46

Well, I do now have a job...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#883 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Don't get an APU if you intend to get standalone GPU.

The 4690K completely destroy the A10 in every possible way for gaming. If you want to keep the budget low, I'd suggest the FX6300.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#884  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

I saw Doom 4 in my dreams. then i woke up. DAMN!!!

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Christ, Xrd is going to have a massive lobby system, as well as a tutorial and combo challenges. While the later is expected, the fucking lobbies though.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3da1ie09qdx0dd8/190-191.png#

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#886 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@system-reboot said:

I saw Doom 4 in my dreams. then i woke up. DAMN!!!

I'm playing Doom II on the 360 right now. Does that upset you?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887 Blabadon

@lostrib said:

@Blabadon said:

Yeah, but whatever makes it easier to get past the boring as shit clicker sections.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#888 kitty  Moderator

@CrownKingArthur said:

that is a very honest and satisfying answer! yeap with the 'k' type intel cpu, overclocking is the way to go and yes, an aftermarket solution is the way to go. good stuff man.

i just think that amd/intel should ensure the thermal solution they include with each processor is adequate for most climates at stock clocks. otherwise what are they doing? sending me a bit of aluminium i can go recycle. haha!

I wanted the 4770k. I could have gotten it and a mobo for $100 cheaper than what I paid for my 4670k and mobo.

The one that came with the 4670k is pretty bad. People can see up the 80c range when gaming. But yes they should. At least something that won't make you worry when you want to do something with your computer. I don't think I'd want to try rendering any long vid on a stock one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#889 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib said:

@Blabadon said:

Yeah, but whatever makes it easier to get past the boring as shit clicker sections.

Just throw bottles at those fuckers. Bottles for everyone! Until you get to that section near the end that is just all clickers and bloaters...**** that place

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890 Blabadon

@lostrib: For some reason Naughty Dog's post apocalyptic wasteland lacks bottles and bricks, two things that should be in abundance lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#891 clyde46

Starting tomorrow, 07:00 I'm driving a truck.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#892  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

First time playing last of us...

Grounded mode. I'm after the part with the "issue" with tess. So far the game is actually pretty hard for someone who hasn't played stealth games in a while (well... that's how I'm playing it and honestly really the only effective way on grounded it looks like), and even then its also a bit different than standard fare stealth. Issues so far are that the beginning was slow as shit, too much walking scenes and stealth game play is wonky at times (seen some funny ai and guards forgetting where you were a second ago). Overall though I can see why this game is considered a goty contender. It is a pretty good game.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893  Edited By CrownKingArthur

my temps tested fine with the stock cooler under load. but after that worthwhile discussion, i think i'll be more vigilant in future. double check that the temps are fine under load in situ.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894 clyde46

@CrownKingArthur said:

my temps tested fine with the stock cooler under load. but after that worthwhile discussion, i think i'll be more vigilant in future. double check that the temps are fine under load in situ.

I don't break 50'C on mine. In fact, my hottest core is 48'C and thats in a hot room with a dusty rad.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

I don't break 50'C on mine. In fact, my hottest core is 48'C and thats in a hot room with a dusty rad.

That sounds about right. I have a 3770K and doesn't go higher than the 60's with a 4.6 OC. It's usually in the 50's now that I backed down to 4.2. It usually sits in the 30's when I'm not gaming which is nice. Now if only I could get my GPU's that cool...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#897 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Is it wrong that should MKX have a guest star, I'd want it to be Solid Snake? Yeah he wouldn't fit, but after playing Brawl and finding these, I can imagine what he, Col. Campbell and Otacon's conversations would be like towards the MK characters.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898 clyde46

@GoldenElementXL said:

@clyde46 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

That sounds about right. I have a 3770K and doesn't go higher than the 60's with a 4.6 OC. It's usually in the 50's now that I backed down to 4.2. It usually sits in the 30's when I'm not gaming which is nice. Now if only I could get my GPU's that cool...

My board sucks for OC'ing though. I just run mine at stock now with the Quiet Edition fans from Corsair. I'm going to build a 2011 rig soon.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#900 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I did a combination of sorts of both Clyde's and Mine's Builds.

Turns out it's cheaper. :P

I'm not quite sure on Clyde's Method of Reusing my Windows 7 key considering it looks like, according to that site anyway, that I would be EXTRACTING the code from the computer I'm using now and transfer it to the new build. I'm getting not rid of the rig I'm using now, I'm just building a new computer. Unless I'm HORRIBLY mistaken.

Also I'm really trying to salvage that Case of mine. I want it to work, I really don't want to change it. So my questions now are

What is the Difference Between the MSI A88X-G45 GAMING FM2+ & GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA ?

and What is the difference between the AMD A10-5800K Trinity Quad-Core 3.8GHz & Intel Core i5-4690K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz ?

Those two comparisons look they would get the job done the same, but one's cheaper than the other. Is there something I should be looking out for?

Also Another reason why I left SSD is purely that one Clyde put up is no longer available at this time. Though I'm considering putting the OS on an SSD for faster loading. I'm also considering going CrossFire for this, As in putting down for another Sapphire. I was going to go with the Nvidia card so I can take advantage of the PhsyX stuff, but apparently you can configure this stuff using an AMD card too. I'll probably look more into it. Also I plan on putting another 8 GB Ram Stick in this build too to make a 16 gb build. Though the stuff I have up there is just to get me started. The Bluray Drive is purely just so I can watch my Blurays on my PC.

Even their cheap FX cpus are a better choice. You're getting a GPU so there's no reason to grab an APU. I'd recommend shooting for Intel though and 4790k would be ideal. Way better performance and it'll last a long time. Don't think there's much of a difference between those motherboards besides the CPUs they support and the audio chips. Unless there's something about that Gigabyte you need, ASrock and MSI should offer what you need at a lower price. Plus they have decent onboard sound these days.

For Windows 7, if you already have a key then you don't need to buy it again. There's programs out there that'll let you view your product key if you didn't save it from before. W7 keys can be activated 5 times so you're safe to reuse it, and even then you can resort to sailing the high seas for methods around that.

I thought Nvidia patched out the hack for enabling GPU PhysX on AMD? I still wouldn't go that route anyway. Get whatever card you want.