System Driving Simulator Wars And Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
Member since 2017 • 22 Posts

I must admit, this good ol' grandpa doesn't get the new gaming world of the newer systems for the newer type driving sims games. I still think GT4 with the PS2 was and still remains the king. I completed the game 100% percent and built my 1000 car monster garage with earned credits and never had to spend "one single penny or any real money" online for anything, which is unlike some of the newer driving sim games that are out there now that drain your pocketbooks of real money. I run it in 1080i, and although it's not 1080P, it still provides wonderful real life like graphics. My videos below were filmed directly off my TV screen with my iPhone while running GT4 on my PS2 slim. NO gimmicks ever used. I say long live the PS2 !

I UPDATED MY VIDEOS HERE:

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@gt4_club said:

I must admit, this good ol' grandpa doesn't get the new gaming world of the newer systems for the newer type driving sims games. I still think GT4 with the PS2 was and still remains the king. I completed the game 100% percent and built my 1000 car monster garage with earned credits and never had to spend "one single penny or any real money" online for anything, which is unlike some of the newer driving sim games that are out there now that drain your pocketbooks of real money. I run it in 1080i, and although it's not 1080P, it still provides wonderful real life like graphics. My video below was filmed directly off my TV with my iPhone while running GT4 on my PS2 slim. No gimmicks used. I say long live the PS2 !

Loading Video...

You think that's "close" to real world graphics? Hahahaha it's in replay mode which will up the resolution some and it still looks like shit. GTFO with this garbage

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@kingtito said:
@gt4_club said:

I must admit, this good ol' grandpa doesn't get the new gaming world of the newer systems for the newer type driving sims games. I still think GT4 with the PS2 was and still remains the king. I completed the game 100% percent and built my 1000 car monster garage with earned credits and never had to spend "one single penny or any real money" online for anything, which is unlike some of the newer driving sim games that are out there now that drain your pocketbooks of real money. I run it in 1080i, and although it's not 1080P, it still provides wonderful real life like graphics. My video below was filmed directly off my TV with my iPhone while running GT4 on my PS2 slim. No gimmicks used. I say long live the PS2 !

Loading Video...

You think that's "close" to real world graphics? Hahahaha it's in replay mode which will up the resolution some and it still looks like shit. GTFO with this garbage

Considering that was running on PS2, a console released in 2000, still looks pretty damn nice to me. Even if it is cheating with replay mode.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@kingtito said:
@gt4_club said:

Loading Video...

Considering that was running on PS2, a console released in 2000, still looks pretty damn nice to me. Even if it is cheating with replay mode.

For a console released in 2000 without gimmicks according to the TC. He's claiming "real world graphics" which clearly it's not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

I made my point... Further the replay is not cheating as the GT4 racing is also in 1080i, not only the replays. Frankly, I see no difference in the graphics when actually racing...

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

For a Ps2 game it still looks great. Heck even MGS2 on Ps2 still impresses me to this day.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I still have my copy of GT4 and my original PS2. I haven't played it in years, your video makes me want to go back. Looks good for a PS2 game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#8  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

GT4 was great at the time, but I would much rather play Assetto Corsa and Project Cars on PC and Forza 6 on XB1. You are stuck in the past grandpa.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Nope forza 4 hell even project Gotham 4 looks better than gt 4

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Come jump on Forza mate! GT is done, unfortunately :(

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I read that thread title and thought I had a stroke.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Quickly lets jump him! He likes a racing game we don't like!! That's not allowed

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Pretty cool if you still enjoy it all these years later man. Though these kinds of games have come a long ways since then. If you think that highly of GT4, then you'll probably have your mind blown when you try something more modern.

There are plenty of gen 6 games that still hold their own against their modern counterparts, but simcade racers? Nah, they just continue to get better.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Pretty cool if you still enjoy it all these years later man. Though these kinds of games have come a long ways since then. If you think that highly of GT4, then you'll probably have your mind blown when you try something more modern.

There are plenty of gen 6 games that still hold their own against their modern counterparts, but simcade racers? Nah, they just continue to get better.

Forza Motorsport 2 was my mind bomb. Coming from GT4 was like night and day. Then 3 and 4 came out.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#16 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Stop being a grandpa and play Project Cars or Forza 6.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PopGotcha

@dakur said:

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

Have you played Forza to deem that an opinion?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@dakur said:

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Turn 10 dropped the 3rd Atomic bomb on Polyphony ages ago, LOL Only sony sycophants try to deny it at this point. Forza took that crown a loooooonnnnnggg time ago

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
@foxhound_fox said:

Forza Motorsport 2 was my mind bomb. Coming from GT4 was like night and day. Then 3 and 4 came out.

Yup, I was a die hard GT fan too, but Forza earned its place quickly.

And even if we were just talking GT games, that series has also outdone GT4. GT5 was kind of shit when it came to the overall career structure, but the driving and visuals were definitely a marked improvement over GT4.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yup, I was a die hard GT fan too, but Forza earned its place quickly.

And even if we were just talking GT games, that series has also outdone GT4. GT5 was kind of shit when it came to the overall career structure, but the driving and visuals were definitely a marked improvement over GT4.

The driving was full shit compared to Forza, and the sound design was so flat. I got GT6 for like $7, spent over 10 hours downloading updates, and played it for about 30 minutes before going back to Forza. I just can't stand those vacuum cleaner cars anymore.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@foxhound_fox:

Yeah definitely, I don't know if PD will ever catch up to T10 at this point.

If I had to say GT is still better at something, it would be... more natural lighting? lol. Even the "more content" advantage doesn't work since the Forza games have quality over quantity and more cars that I'd actually want to drive.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@kingtito said:
@2Chalupas said:
@kingtito said:
@gt4_club said:

Loading Video...

For a console released in 2000 without gimmicks according to the TC. He's claiming "real world graphics" which clearly it's not.

the man needs to quit living in the past, since he doesn't know what he is missing

Loading Video...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@popgotcha said:
@dakur said:

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

No, He's a butthurt cow

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PopGotcha

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@popgotcha said:
@dakur said:

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

No, He's a butthurt cow

Did he mean GT4? Cause GTA4 is a completely different game

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@popgotcha said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@popgotcha said:
@dakur said:

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

No, He's a butthurt cow

Don't mind dakurt, he's just a Sony troll, you would have an easier time & get more sense talking to a chimpanzee. There's a gif we like to use when dakurt tries to converse with us and it's this one

You'd do well to remember it.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@popgotcha said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@popgotcha said:
@dakur said:

GTA4 >>>>> Flopza

No, He's a butthurt cow

Don't mind dakurt, he's just a Sony troll, you would have an easier time & get more sense talking to a chimpanzee. There's a gif we like to use when dakurt tries to converse with us and it's this one

He's not even a good troll though.

I'd pick Cowjenga and Quacknight on my team anyday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@popgotcha said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@popgotcha said:

No, He's a butthurt cow

He's not even a good troll though.

I'd pick Cowjenga and Quacknight on my team anyday

You would? i destroyed both of them in the other car thread, which makes me wonder who's alt is this OP's

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PopGotcha

@FLOPPAGE_50: @i_p_daily I'm a sucker for banter though, regardless of console. I do enjoy that GIF!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Ka Ching Ka Ching Ka Ching-Being from Nevada it's clear to me now that there really are suckers born every minute. Y'all don't get it... The new driving sims now are sadly turning into nothing more than just BIG FANCY APPS taking away all your marbles. Then they close down their respective online sources leaving you helpless to buy their new release and then repeat the process over and over again. Sadly, you right in one regard, that sadly, the PS2 days are over with when you could just buy your favorite game, never spend another cent, locate very cool Easter Eggs, and enjoy it and play it totally offline.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@gt4_club said:

Ka Ching Ka Ching Ka Ching-Being from Nevada it's clear to me now that there really are suckers born every minute. Y'all don't get it... The new driving sims now are sadly turning into nothing more than just BIG FANCY APPS taking away all your marbles. Then they close down their respective online sources leaving you helpless to buy their new release and then repeat the process over and over again. Sadly, you right in one regard, that sadly, the PS2 days are over with when you could just buy your favorite game, never spend another cent, locate very cool Easter Eggs like below, and enjoy it and play it totally offline.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@popgotcha said:

@FLOPPAGE_50: @i_p_daily I'm a sucker for banter though, regardless of console. I do enjoy that GIF!

Oh i do like the banter also, but dakurt is stupid beyond belief. I look at it this way when it comes to him.

Never argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :)

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@i_p_daily: nah you're just butthurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@dakur said:

@i_p_daily: nah you're just butthurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Who cares cause I don't care that you don't care. Anyway, I'm so happy I saved all my PS2 and GT4 stuff. Hell, I even have second sets ( all like brand new ) for backup-PS2 Silver Slim, Matching Controllers, Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel & Pedal Set, Etc... and even a brand new sealed Black Label GT4 game CD. To bad so sad that some of y'all racing cows are getting "milked" out of your pocket change. Oh... Thanks for the photo message and here's a road graffiti message for you...

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@gt4_club: It's interesting that a troll would pick a specific game to be obsessed with. Kudos sir.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

@ConanTheStoner said:

@foxhound_fox:

Yeah definitely, I don't know if PD will ever catch up to T10 at this point.

If I had to say GT is still better at something, it would be... more natural lighting? lol. Even the "more content" advantage doesn't work since the Forza games have quality over quantity and more cars that I'd actually want to drive.

That's something that really pissed me off about GT5. I started playing it after being knee deep in FM4 so I was going in with a heavy bias, but I gave it a good chance. Then, when I finally got a Fiat Coupe 20V (one of my favourite cars of all time, thanks to FM), I found out I couldn't take it on a photo tour, and the interior wasn't modeled (only graybox) and I was upset. I gave up on GT5 after that.

Then I went back to FM4 again and all was better.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gt4_club: well it's nice for you that you're still happy with your ps2 stuff, I have experienced the ps2 as well (allthough I wouldn't call myself a grandpa at 39) but I really couldn't play these old graphics when I can play something like assetto corsa, forza 6 or project cars. Of course you'll pay for them , but it's worth the price to me. Forza is the worst when it comes to in game transactions though, but there are other games out there, games that are way better than gran tourismo on the ps2.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PopGotcha

@gt4_club keep on living in the past then man. Don't knock recent racing titles until you've at least tried them. GT4 is still a classic in my opinion, but I will never go back to play it when I know there are much better racing sim's around now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Updated my videos today "at beginning of this thread" even though that a few of you don't deserve to see these finer things of PS2 and GT4 beauty...

Anyway, here's some good old age wisdom for the racing Forza and PD folks... When y'all come out with your 7's mark 'em as a lifetime final... ie-make it the last one. By that I mean create a one time lifetime fee (no surprises) with NO further charges and never close down your online site. Only update it for future purposes such as patches required, graphic updates, newest cars and newest tracks, great offline play, etc, and the like... all downloadable for any lifetime paid member. Create a bundle with the system such as Scorpio or PS5 with all needed such as the system, steering wheel & pedals, the game itself, etc....Ya do that and you'll get great advertisers for online view while downloads take place, but not in the game itself, which should cover all other needs provided your lifetime fee charge is establised enough and is honored. I'm sure if you do a good job on the game itself as well you'll stay number one for a very long long time. Good luck y'all...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#40 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Forza 6 and project cars don't even have microtransactions. Lol

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts