SW VOTES: Greatest Game Company (Last 24 hours)

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

If you vote for a publisher, you can't vote for a developer under them. So you either get to vote for Sony or for Naughty Dog, but you can't vote for both.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

If you vote for a publisher, you can't vote for a developer under them. So you either get to vote for Sony or for Naughty Dog, but you can't vote for both.

well............ **** you man.... there is no way i can pick between them..

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nintendo is not 1 company who makes games. Nintendo has 6 different companies that makes game. So it´s not fair compare 6 companies as 1 company!!!

No, Nintendo is still one company, bro. it's one company with multiple divisions, yes, but it is still one company.

You saying that Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment are same? They devisions is like ND under Sony but its different company, but just name is called Nintendo but locations are in different places and they making different games. Mario Party 3D world was made by 1-UP Studio, not Nintendo. Mario Party 9 was made by Nd Cube, not Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 was made by Bandai Namco Games.

So, clearly those are not Nintendo. If its all Nintendo, then Naughty Dog is also Sony divisions because Sony 100% owns Naughty Dog.

What the **** is this shit?

Yes, yes it is. I think you are starting to catch on.

I love Nintendo games. My favorite so far is Mario Kart 8, but i can´t leave truth and facts behind.

So, this means we have to count Naughty Dog as Sony because it´s same company because ND is Sony division.

Super Mario 3D World was developed by 1-UP Studio(like ND developed Uncharted).

Mario Kart 8 also was developed by Bandai Namco Games.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was developed by Retro Studios, Monster Games, .

So, it´s not Nintendo at all. Why we don´t count ND as Sony but we count first party exclusives different developers as Nintendo? You can google yourself that those developers made those games. That´s a truth, not a lie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nintendo is not 1 company who makes games. Nintendo has 6 different companies that makes game. So it´s not fair compare 6 companies as 1 company!!!

No, Nintendo is still one company, bro. it's one company with multiple divisions, yes, but it is still one company.

You saying that Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment are same? They devisions is like ND under Sony but its different company, but just name is called Nintendo but locations are in different places and they making different games. Mario Party 3D world was made by 1-UP Studio, not Nintendo. Mario Party 9 was made by Nd Cube, not Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 was made by Bandai Namco Games.

So, clearly those are not Nintendo. If its all Nintendo, then Naughty Dog is also Sony divisions because Sony 100% owns Naughty Dog.

I love Nintendo games. My favorite so far is Mario Kart 8, but i can´t leave truth and facts behind.

So, this means we have to count Naughty Dog as Sony because it´s same company because ND is Sony division.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was developed by Retro Studios, Monster Games, .

So, it´s not Nintendo at all. Why we don´t count ND as Sony but we count first party exclusives different developers as Nintendo? You can google yourself that those developers made those games. That´s a truth, not a lie.

Give me proof of these two statements.

I just told you, we do count ND as Sony.

@Nengo_Flow said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

Sorry man, rules are rules, otherwise you are essentially voting for the same company twice.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

Sorry man, rules are rules, otherwise you are essentially voting for the same company twice.

I never gave proof because all my arguments are always truth and it can be found in internet.

So, first time i give you 2 examples that everyone can find in internet:

1)http://www.giantbomb.com/1-up-studio/3010-8528/ - mario 3d world

2)http://www.mariowiki.com/Bandai_Namco_Games - mario kart 8.

I NEVER LIED, PROOF IS ALWAYS IN INTERNET BUT I NEVER GONNA PROVE BECAUSE EVERYONE CAN FIND PROOF THEIRSELVES. Now you can see that you think im lying again when i did not. Proof is right there. They also developed games. A whole time i was telling truth and proof was in internet, but for some people it´s just easier to tell someone else to find proof and not theirselves. Do i give proof that Hitler killed himself?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I NEVER LIED, PROOF IS ALWAYS IN INTERNET BUT I NEVER GONNA PROVE BECAUSE EVERYONE CAN FIND PROOF THEIRSELVES. Now you can see that you think im lying again when i did not. Proof is right there. They also developed games.

1) '1-Up Studio assisted Nintendo with the development of Super Mario 3D World...'

2) 'Bandai Namco assisted Nintendo with asset development for Mario Kart 8'

Where does it say that these two companies developed these games and not Nintendo?

They assisted asset development, which is not at all the same thing as actual game development. Once again, you are distorting information. Once again, you are posting inaccurate information. You need to stop, I've given you enough warnings.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

I never gave proof because all my arguments are always truth and it can be found in internet.

I NEVER LIED, PROOF IS ALWAYS IN INTERNET BUT I NEVER GONNA PROVE BECAUSE EVERYONE CAN FIND PROOF THEIRSELVES. Now you can see that you think im lying again when i did not. Proof is right there. They also developed games. A whole time i was telling truth and proof was in internet, but for some people it´s just easier to tell someone else to find proof and not theirselves. Do i give proof that Hitler killed himself?

Did you actually read your own links you dumbass?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

I NEVER LIED, PROOF IS ALWAYS IN INTERNET BUT I NEVER GONNA PROVE BECAUSE EVERYONE CAN FIND PROOF THEIRSELVES. Now you can see that you think im lying again when i did not. Proof is right there. They also developed games.

1) '1-Up Studio assisted Nintendo with the development of Super Mario 3D World...'

Where does it say that these two companies developed these games and not Nintendo?

They assisted asset development, which is not at all the same thing as actual game development. Once again, you are distorting information. Once again, you are posting inaccurate information. You need to stop, I've given you enough warnings.

I said "also". Also means more than 1. I said also not only Nintendo. but 1-Up studio too. So, this means it´s not made 100% only by Nintendo.

So, this is not INACCURATE INFO!!!

Also, what happens with argument "If you vote for a publisher, you can't vote for a developer under them." Half Japan Nintendo developed, but America Nintendo publisher what means those are 2 different comapnies. So, you can´t vote publisher and developer at same time.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

I said "also". Also means more than 1. I said also not only Nintendo. but 1-Up studio too. So, this means it´s not made 100% only by Nintendo.

That's not what you said at all, I know because it's on the internet

"Mario Party 3D world was made by 1-UP Studio, not Nintendo. Mario Party 9 was made by Nd Cube, not Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 was made by Bandai Namco Games."

"Super Mario 3D World was developed by 1-UP Studio(like ND developed Uncharted).

Mario Kart 8 also was developed by Bandai Namco Games."

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FreedomFreeLife

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

"Mario Party 3D world was made by 1-UP Studio, not Nintendo. Mario Party 9 was made by Nd Cube, not Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 was made by Bandai Namco Games."

"Super Mario 3D World was developed by 1-UP Studio(like ND developed Uncharted).

Because you said it was made only by Nintendo. I proved that it was not only made by Nintendo but also by other studios. Stop lying all the time. lostrib you stalk all my post. Do you even have life? I don´t think so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Here's your original post. I bolded the relevant parts:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Then here was the second post:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

The only time you used 'also' was once in the second post where you are saying 'in addition, Mario Kart 8 was also...'

Even if, assuming English to not be your first language, and just an unintentional error having been made on your part, you deliberately misworded it in the first post, and also, that only covers one of the games- you were still wrong about Mario 3D World, and, perhaps most importantly, Namco Bandai having assisted in asset development for Mario Kart 8 does not change the fact that it is still a Nintendo game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

Because you said it was made only by Nintendo. I proved that it was not only made by Nintendo but also by other studios. Stop lying all the time. lostrib you stalk all my post. Do you even have life? I don´t think so.

I didn't say shit. And no you said it wasn't made by nintendo, which is not true. By your logic Valve didn't make CSGO.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FreedomFreeLife

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Here's your original post. I bolded the relevant parts:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Then here was the second post:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

The only time you used 'also' was once in the second post where you are saying 'in addition, Mario Kart 8 was also...'

Even if, assuming English to not be your first language, and just an unintentional error having been made on your part, you deliberately misworded it in the first post, and also, that only covers one of the games- you were still wrong about Mario 3D World, and, perhaps most importantly, Namco Bandai having assisted in asset development for Mario Kart 8 does not change the fact that it is still a Nintendo game.

Its Nintendo game but not only developed by only Nintendo. I said also at very end because this means to all games, not only about Mario Kart 8.

Yes, my english is not my first language and you may see some english errors but i diden´t like about that other developers also made Nintendo games, not Nintendo solo. Asset dev means still developing game with other companies. So, 2 companies made Mario Kart 8, not only by Nintendo only.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FreedomFreeLife

Now comes the most confusing part. You said develope and publisher can´t be same,(you can´t vote) but what about Nintendo? He develope and publish game...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Its Nintendo game but not only developed by only Nintendo. I said also at very end because this means to all games, not only about Mario Kart 8.

Yes, my english is not my first language and you may see some english errors but i diden´t like about that other developers also made Nintendo games, not Nintendo solo. Asset dev means still developing game with other companies. So, 2 companies made Mario Kart 8, not only by Nintendo only.

No you did not.

Asset development is also a very common practice in the industry, and is not just limited to Nintendo. By your definition, Valve has made none of its games, none of the Call of Duty, Uncharted, Sony Japan, God of War, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Halo, and so on, games were made by their developers, and generally speaking, you wouldn't give credit to anyone for anything.

And no, two companies did not make Mario Kart 8. Nintendo made Mario Kart 8. Some grunt work done by Namco Bandai does not change that. Neither does this change the fact that you were originally wrong, pulling facts out of your ass, then misleading people with distorted information, and then trying to go back on all of that, all of which comes back to the simple fact that... none of this has anything to do with the topic on hand. Nintendo developed those games, plain and simple. People like those games. People voted for Nintendo. You don't like that, tough shit, feel free to vote for whoever you think is more deserving and try to change the standings constructively instead of shitting this thread up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Now comes the most confusing part. You said develope and publisher can´t be same,(you can´t vote) but what about Nintendo? He develope and publish game...

No, I said exactly the opposite. 'For the purposes of this contest, a publisher and a developer are one and the same.'

I said if you vote for the publisher, you can't vote for a subsidiary developer, and vice versa. Last call, dude. Stop shitting the thread up. I've lost my patience with you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lostrib

@charizard1605: Seriously, whatever happened to this great idea for FreedomFreeLife: "I have tried to get you to drop your unnecessary trolling and misleading thread making, again, and again, and again. Clearly, verbal warnings don't work for you. Maybe something more lasting and permanent will help."

JVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#69  Edited By JVII
Member since 2007 • 678 Posts

1. Rockstar Games

2. BioWare

3. Bethesda Game Studios

I could swap any of my top six or so for each other, really.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
  1. bioware
  2. rockstar
  3. blizzard
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#71 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
  1. Nintendo
  2. Kojima Productions
  3. Atlus
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
  • Rockstar North
  • Bungie
  • Firaxis
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

Sony

Sony

Sony

Thats 3 points for them right? :p

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

1. Nintendo
2. Valve
3. Retro Studios

Honorable mentions:

Blizzard - Diablo 3 sucked so much ass I couldn't list them. Makes me wonder if they're still able to make good games when they screw up something so big.
Intelligent Systems - Really hard to choose from this and Retro, but Retro has done something awesome more recently.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

1. Nintendo

2. Atlas

3. Bethesda

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I usually go for an "objective" answer in these threads and base my answer on recent years. This time I'm going more personal preference and looking at my entire run as a gamer.

1. Nintendo.

2. Square

3. Konami

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts
  1. Nintendo
  2. Capcom
  3. Squaresoft

These companies get a lot of hate but they all have amazing track records in this industry no matter how sore you may feel about their current output.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts
  • Nintendo
  • Kojima Productions (Konami)
  • Team Ico (Sony)
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Can this include now defunct developers? If so

1. Nintendo
  2. Origin Systems
  3. Sir Tech

Honorable mentions: Looking Glass Studios

Edit: Forgot to include my other list incase defunct devs don't count.

If not,

1. Nintendo
  2. Paradox Interactive
  3. Valve (I may not care for their games, but their contribution to gaming as a whole is undeniable and Steam helped a lot of indie developers get the spot in the industry they deserve)

I think you put in franchises instead of developers in one of your rules :P

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@blamix99 said:

Naughty Dog

Three nominations, or your post will not count towards tallies.

1. ND

2. R*

3. Sony

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

1- Nintendo

2- Valve

3- Ubisoft

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
  1. Bioware
  2. Square Enix
  3. Ubisoft
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
  1. Sony
  2. NISA
  3. Square Enix
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#84 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
  1. Valve
  2. Rockstar
  3. CDPR
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Well he has a point if you think about it but yeah ok this is not for this topic i guess.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Why bother? It's obviously Nintendo.

If anything, followed by Valve.

Since you're forcing a third out of me, I'll put down Sega.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#87 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Blabadon said:

Get a life

Stay classy Blabadon

Blab is a typical console goon.

Go back to being a console fanboy you.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts
  1. Nintendo
  2. Valve
  3. Bethesda Game Studios
brane-games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 brane-games
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Valve is greatest developers made sophisticated games for men

@princessgomez92 said:

Nintendo

Capcom

Grasshopper Manufacture

Micheal my dearest friend, why you so casual? nintendo and capcom are casual developers

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

Nintendo

EA

Blizzard

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@charizard1605:

1. Activision
  2. EA
  3. Ubisoft
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#92  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Bethesda

Rockstar

Bioware

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#93 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

I'm going to vote based on my fanboy-ism, sorry :D

1-CDPR. I shouldn't vote for them right now really, since W3 is not out yet and who knows it might flop :'(. But W1 & W2 were masterpieces imo and I feel like I wanna vote for them.

2-Bioware. Bioware as a whole is great imo, you can forget about DA2 which was at least an ok game while ME3 was great imo but maybe not as great as predecessors. They made Baldurs Gate, Mass effect and Dragon Age, I think that's enough reason to vote for them. :)

3-Blizzard. No explanation needed ;)

Honorable mentions: Valve, Nintendo, Remedy, Irrational games and Square Enix. Maybe Capcom and Ubisoft too but that would ruin my rep. ;p

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

1. Sony

2. Nintendo

3. Blizzard

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Amazing how many people bash Nintendo but when asked who's the best company, all you see is Nintendo lol

1. SNK

2. Nintendo

3. From Software

4. Atlus

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#96  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

1.Ubisoft

2.Activision

3.Electronic Arts

4.343 Studios......lol just kidding.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Bungie

Bioware

Sega, no Rare, no MS, no T10... oh j/k

Valve, R* eh dunno. :P

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

1. Nintendo

2. Capcom

3. Sega

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Sony

Naughty Dog

Kojima Productions

I agree with this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Okay, so I just redid the tallies all from the beginning. There are no errors now, so you can treat these as concrete. Some very interesting observations:

• Nintendo is dominating. The next four companies in the Top 5 put together don't score as many points as Nintendo does.
  • Nintendo became the first (and so far only) company to cross 500 points.
  • For the longest time, Sony and Ubisoft were tied, but right now, Sony seems to have a tentative lead over Ubisoft.
  • Kojima, Konami, From Software, and Naughty Dog have so far put p surprisingly weak showings- I would have expected a stronger performance (although Naughty Dog's performance is probably being folded into Sony's, and Sony is doing reasonably well for itself. Ditto with Kojima and Konami, although Konami itself isn't doing all that hot).
  • Sega's showing is shocking. How the mighty have fallen.
  • Here are the major landmarks in the tallies so far:
    • Only one company so far has crossed the 1000 points mark.
    • Only two companies so far have breached the 500 points mark.
    • Four companies have scored 250 points or higher.
    • Thirteen companies so far have scored over 100 points.
    • Four of the Top Ten companies, as they stand right now, made their name and fame building RPGs of some sort.

And a note, if your post only had three companies listed, and was violating the publisher/developer rule, I didn't count it towards the tallies. If it was violating the publisher/developer rule, but at least had more than three companies listed, I ignored the lower ranked of the publisher or developer, and counted the fourth entry as the third place nomination.

@nini200 said:

Amazing how many people bash Nintendo but when asked who's the best company, all you see is Nintendo lol

Yeah, I wonder what @nintendoboy16 has to say about this. lol.