SW Magazine #59 - Congratulations to the newly elected jurors for the SW Debates

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

first and Fvck u willy :P

#3 Posted by Gue1 (9500 posts) -

I'm gonna submit some of these on N4G, can't wait to read the reaction. :twisted:

The one about RE not leaving Nintendo will be epic.

#4 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

it's just nice to inject at least a little bit of order into this chaotic realm.

#5 Posted by clyde46 (44983 posts) -

it's just nice to inject at least a little bit of order into this chaotic realm.

CaseyWegner
No fun.jpg
#6 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

I may have had something to do with this.

#7 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

The article about on-disc DLC is meant to be a sarcastic outlook on corporate apologists, right?

#8 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Nice Cryostasis review. Glad to see that game getting some recognition. It's great

#9 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
When im going to mention in SW magazine??
#10 Posted by Krelian-co (10370 posts) -

that lemming blog is disgusting to say the least

#11 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

The article about on-disc DLC is meant to be a sarcastic outlook on corporate apologists, right?

Rocker6
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeee.

Krelian-co
Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
#12 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

The problem with this is that there isn't really anything to "debtate" in SW. It is far too subjective of a topic, it would be like arguing "what's the better color, Green or Blue"?

SW only serves a few purposes:

1) For people to troll on

2) For people to help cope with their buyers remorse (especially with people who only have one system)

3) Just for some dumb entertainment

This is not a place where we can have real debates in. I also doubt the majority of SW users are intelligent enough to understand how debate rehtoric works in the first place. You can't get emotional and call people names.

#13 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

Nice Cryostasis review. Glad to see that game getting some recognition. It's great

seanmcloughlin

Yeah, one of the most overlooked games of the generation for sure.

#14 Posted by Krelian-co (10370 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

1PMrFister

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeee.

Krelian-co

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

any blog that says we should let ourselves get squeezed of every penny by microsoft because they need moar money and goes on trying to convince how we ahould approve microsoft shady practicess its fanboy garbage, good thing he doesn't deny that at least

#15 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

This was a good issue.

#16 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Cryostasis was decent. It ran like complete sh*t for me. Even after I disabled physx and the game became playable it was still never quite stable. Didn't care for the clunky gameplay, although the heat source mechanic was pretty neat. The storytelling and atmosphere were what saved it for me. Both were superb. I wouldn't put it on the same level of video game storytelling perfection as Silent Hill 2 or Nier though, but those games were freaks of nature.

#17 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

CaseyWegner
That's what makes this place... Special.
#18 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Good job.
#19 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
Nice issue Willy.
#20 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

I'm gonna submit some of these on N4G, can't wait to read the reaction. :twisted:

The one about RE not leaving Nintendo will be epic.

Gue1

You must be clairvoyant or something.

Was going to give this guy a chance but after quoting official Playstation magazine this guy is an obvious Nintendo fanboy.

"The heck was that?.oh, its just OPM"

What a fanboy.

#21 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -
"Imitation is the best form of flattery" - Is that why XBL is now the XMB turned on it's side?
#22 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
#23 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Nintendo E shop owns all

#24 Posted by darkspineslayer (19547 posts) -
#25 Posted by Z-Fatalis (1122 posts) -

Krelian-co

What the actual fvck is wrong with Lems, do they seriously enjoy or feel the need to pay for things that should be free? as a gamer and as someone with common sense that blog was absolutely disgusting and it stands for everything that is wrong with gaming right now.

We're fvcking doomed.

#26 Posted by Willy105 (24511 posts) -
"Imitation is the best form of flattery" - Is that why XBL is now the XMB turned on it's side?JohnF111
Saying XBL is the XMB turned on its side is the same as saying the PS3 is a Wii with a longer body. After all, they both have automatic disc slots.
#27 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]"Imitation is the best form of flattery" - Is that why XBL is now the XMB turned on it's side?Willy105
Saying XBL is the XMB turned on its side is the same as saying the PS3 is a Wii with a longer body. After all, they both have automatic disc slots.

If you look at the Dash then it's just the XMB in a vertical order instead of horizontal like XMB. I made an error by saying XBL instead of Dash.
#28 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Z-Fatalis

What the actual fvck is wrong with Lems, do they seriously enjoy or feel the need to pay for things that should be free? as a gamer and as someone with common sense that blog was absolutely disgusting and it stands for everything that is wrong with gaming right now.

We're fvcking doomed.

Seriously, do people not grasp the concept of satire?

#29 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

1PMrFister

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeee.

I'll take that as a yes! ;)

Phew, got scared there for a moment! :P

#30 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

DraugenCP

We're fvcking doomed.

Seriously, do people not grasp the concept of satire?

If those threads I linked to are any indication, the answer is a resounding "no." That said, it's even funnier when whole flame wars start up because people just assumed the article was serious without even reading it.
#31 Posted by verbtex (8497 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Z-Fatalis

We're fvcking doomed.

I believe they are meant to be hyperbolic on purpose just for fun. It's an opinionated magazine. Reading it should hint that they aren't completely serious. :P

#32 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -
By the time your Wii-U controller's battery dies, it will be 2018 and the WIi-A-Boo will be out.
#33 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

By the time your Wii-U controller's battery dies, it will be 2018 and the WIi-A-Boo will be out.Timstuff

Well played. :D

#34 Posted by gamecubepad (6098 posts) -

This is awesome. It's like...real...but then hey it's a joke article, but then it's the truth. Very powerful stuff.:P

#35 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
Good read. I especially liked the weeaboo interpretation of RE6. :P
#36 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
#37 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

congrats to the jurors indeed.

#38 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

Judging by various comments on this issue, not everyone seems to appreciate satire:

"Fanboyism: The Article"

"I absolutely love that the person who wrote that article accuses Western gamers/reviewers of being biased against Eastern games, when the he, himself, is biased against Western games. Just a big fat case of hypocrisy."

"what a stupid article.. go learn about RE before you waste our time."

"Sarcasm doesn't come through well on text if you're a sh!tty writer, like this guy is."

We just want to entertain, people. :(

#39 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Most of the posters over on Escapist Magazine didn't get the joke, either. Some choice comments from a thread linking to the On-Disc DLC article:

"This was must have been written by someone who dearly loves small budget indie games."

"He's trolling, right? He must be. I actually refuse to accept any other explanation. If he's not then I sincerely hope his computer blows up or something because he's the reason I hate games sometimes."

"One of the stupidest articles I've ever had the misfortune to read. Why is gaming journalism SO sh!t?"

"I feel like a just read an article from Fox News or the Daily Mail. Now im going to not continue typing to prevent fire and bile spilling onto my keyboard."

There are way more comments that actually tried to debate the article. Makes me feel a little bad, but then again, I thought it was stupidly obvious how much the blog wasn't made to be taken seriously.

#40 Posted by Willy105 (24511 posts) -

The Spooney Experiment

Escapist Magazine

13506932618451.gif?w=267

#41 Posted by Z-Fatalis (1122 posts) -

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

verbtex

We're fvcking doomed.

I believe they are meant to be hyperbolic on purpose just for fun. It's an opinionated magazine. Reading it should hint that they aren't completely serious. :P

Yh I guess I got that wrong, I read through the first part and decided I really didn't wanna read anymore of that filth but I'm just glad the writer wasn't being serious lol