SW doesn't seem to get why MGS4 wins Graphics Award

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

You all seem to miss the point of this award. Crysis does have the best graphics but why did MGS4 win the award.

MGS4 has the best graphics because it has hours of beautiful cutscenes blended with a smooth perfect transition to gameplay.

Crysis does not have as much going around like MGS4, and that's what suprised GS and us gamers because we have never seen anything which does anything like that at all, it's clearly stunning, everyone can enjoy the graphics at the same level besides SD users also.

How many users here on SW or these forums can honestly play Crysis at even mid-settings with no framerate problems or glitches? I know because I play it in mid-high and play it pretty smooth, my friend has a custom computer that he has been putting together for a while and he can run it on MAX, and while it really does look great, it's not as suprising as a game that has amazing graphics and an artistic side to it.

It clearly deserves the reward. Same award goes for Super Mario Galaxy.

Does Crysis have this? NO

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
The award is for Best Graphics: Technical. What game has the best graphics from a technical effects standpoint?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
The award is for Best Graphics: Technical. What game has the best graphics from a technical effects standpoint?MetroidPrimePwn
It goes right over their heads, man.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
The award is for Best Graphics: Technical. What game has the best graphics from a technical effects standpoint?MetroidPrimePwn
MGS4 was pretty technical for the hardware it was on...it stood its ground even against the most technical PC titles....Besides crysis won last year and warhead is basically the same game.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
However you word it Crysis > MGS4 as far as graphics go.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Verge_6
[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]The award is for Best Graphics: Technical. What game has the best graphics from a technical effects standpoint?Eyezonmii
MGS4 was pretty technical for the hardware it was on...it stood its ground even against the most technical PC titles....Besides crysis won last year and warhead is basically the same game.

Then why even put it in the nominee section if they're going to discount it for being related to the prior Graphics GOTY? If such unwritten policies are implemented into these awards, then they aren't doing what they're supposed to be. You don't give out awards "fairly", you give them to who/what earned them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]The award is for Best Graphics: Technical. What game has the best graphics from a technical effects standpoint?Eyezonmii

So why was Warhead nominated than? And it's not the same thing, Warhead is a stand-alone game that doesn't require Crysis to play.

Bottomline is, Warhead should of won. MGS4 is overrated in the graphics department.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

"MGS4 has the best graphics because it has hours of beautiful cutscenes blended with a smooth perfect transition to gameplay."

hahahaha, seriously this is GOLD!. Stop putting stupid excuses trying to justify MGS4 winning the award.

MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MetroidPrimePwn

Crysis Warhead is a stand alone expansion, basically a sequel. Sequels tend to be like their predecessors. That should not disqualify them from awards. The truth is, Crysis Warhead has the most advanced and demanding graphical effects of any game this year.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"][QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]The award is for Best Graphics: Technical. What game has the best graphics from a technical effects standpoint?Aljosa23

So why was Warhead nominated than? And it's not the same thing, Warhead is a stand-alone game that doesn't require Crysis to play.

Bottomline is, Warhead should of won. MGS4 is overrated in the graphics department.

Exactly, there trying to justify MGS4 winning by saying Crysis was "Last year" When that doesn't matter because where judging which game looks better, not which game we saw before. Even if Crysis won last year it doesn't mean we should just give the award away to anybody, which ever game looks better wins, and GS BS'ed everyone
Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hihatrider87
Member since 2007 • 1042 Posts

thats probably the only reason why warhead didn't get it. to be honest though, even if you take the system into account, mgs4 winning is still a surprise. did gt prologue not count? they rated it as a full game so why not?
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
They thought, *our PS3 fanboys >>>> PC fanboys and players, we can get away with this twisted ill fated logic because most people will like the result* haha it's so obvious though, they clearly didn't put enough thought into it.
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
The award is for best technical graphics, not artistic graphics (like super mario galaxy was going for). The award is for the game that looks the best technically, as in which game has the best looking textures, the most advanced special effects, the best lighting, etc. And I can tell you MGS4 is not the best, not even on consoles. Have you seen the textures in MGS4? A lot of them look low res and washed out and I was watching my brother play it on a 50" HDTV. The only thing that impressed me were the character models, but even then those pale in comparison to the models used in Crysis. Crysis Warhead should have won. And it doest take a high end graphics card to run Crysis on high. You can buy one for $130 or less now. I dont know what GS was thinking. If the award was based on what game looks the best based on what platform they are on then GS should have said that. As far as I'm concerned though thats ont the case until proven otherwise.
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MetroidPrimePwn

They thought, *our PS3 fanboys >>>> PC fanboys and players, we can get away with this twisted ill fated logic because most people will like the result* haha it's so obvious though, they clearly didn't put enough thought into it.themyth01

If that's what they were thinking (and I doubt it is) then they messed up royally, because most PS3 enthusiasts agree that Crysis Warhead deserved it more.

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

"MGS4 has the best graphics because it has hours of beautiful cutscenes blended with a smooth perfect transition to gameplay."

hahahaha, seriously this is GOLD!. Stop putting stupid excuses trying to justify MGS4 winning the award.

Pinkyimp

You guys are really being brats about this :|

MGS4's visuals are ARGUABLY the best this gen. Not everyone may agree, but it's case is definitely JUSTIFIED.

The awards are over, quit crying. Spike TV gave best graphics to MGS4 as well... is something with them as well :|

Take the 'BIASED-goggles' off, please.

..and Merry Christmas

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"]

leadernator

MGS4's visuals are ARGUABLY the best this gen. Not everyone may agree, but it's case is definitely JUSTIFIED.

The awards are over, quit crying. Spike TV gave best graphics to MGS4 as well... is something with them as well :|

..and Merry Christmas

Warhead's graphics are technically better in every single aspect. How are MGS4's graphics arguably better if that's taken into account? How is MGS4 able to win an award in a category called "Technical Graphics", when it doesn't possess the most technical graphics?
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 karasill
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"]

leadernator

..and Merry Christmas

Take the biased goggles off? How about you take them off. In what way is MGS4 technically better looking then Crysis Warhead? Is it the textures? The models? The lighting? The draw dstance? What is it? I await your respone with much enthusiasm.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 leadernator

The award is for best technical graphics, not artistic graphics (like super mario galaxy was going for). The award is for the game that looks the best technically, as in which game has the best looking textures, the most advanced special effects, the best lighting, etc. And I can tell you MGS4 is not the best, not even on consoles. Have you seen the textures in MGS4? A lot of them look low res and washed out and I was watching my brother play it on a 50" HDTV. The only thing that impressed me were the character models, but even then those pale in comparison to the models used in Crysis. Crysis Warhead should have won. And it doest take a high end graphics card to run Crysis on high. You can buy one for $130 or less now. I dont know what GS was thinking. If the award was based on what game looks the best based on what platform they are on then GS should have said that. As far as I'm concerned though thats ont the case until proven otherwise.karasill

MGS4 is the undisputed BEST on consoles... don't even throw that card.

We all know MGS4 doesn't have the best textures out there, but for some reason you ignore many of the games technical high points. There are ALOT that happens on screen at once (at times), you have varying enemies of all different types and sizes (mechs mixed in with soldier PMCs and other smaller machines), character models look insane, the special effects are top knotch, LARGE environments, not to mention you're always playing in different environment settings. You got the desert warfare, jungle warfare, the streets of F'n LONDON, a naval type ship, heavy snow environments, etc. And yes, the high detail in cutscenes is EXACTLY what you get in gameplay, which explains the perfect transitions. Then you have an amazing MECH on MECH gameplay scenario, the amazing bike chase.... seriously, I can go on but I've pretty much made my point.

Like I said earlier, whether it's the best looking game to date is ARGUABLE (unarguable on consoles), but definitely not blasphemy to say that it is :| It is one heck of a graphical power house.

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leadernator
[QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"]

karasill

..and Merry Christmas

Take the biased goggles off? How about you take them off. In what way is MGS4 technically better looking then Crysis Warhead? Is it the textures? The models? The lighting? The draw dstance? What is it? I await your respone with much enthusiasm.

I just answered your question on my previous post.

YES. Take the goggles off. GS isn't the only place giving the best graphics award to MGS4 :|

...add the chill-pill and you'll be golden.

Merry Christmas.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Verge_6
[QUOTE="karasill"][QUOTE="leadernator"]

..and Merry Christmas

leadernator

I just answered your question on my previous post.

YES. Take the goggles off. GS isn't the only place giving the best graphics award to MGS4 :|

...add the chill-pill and you'll be golden.

Merry Christmas.

So if MORE people are wrong, it's right? And you're the one calling people names here and spamming " :| " left and right, I don't think he needs to be the one taking a "chill pill".
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 leadernator

You have no way of knowing how many people are wrong. I'm just saying, it's not far-fetched AT ALL to give MGS4 the best technical award.

Wow, I used that smily 3 times, who cares :| There's a 4th one for you.

Cry about it if you want, it is what it is. Whining about the awards won't do any of you good. Simply, enjoy the holidays. F system wars.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Because alot of games look better then it like: Gears 2 Halo3 Prince of persia Call of duty world at war
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 karasill

[QUOTE="karasill"]The award is for best technical graphics, not artistic graphics (like super mario galaxy was going for). The award is for the game that looks the best technically, as in which game has the best looking textures, the most advanced special effects, the best lighting, etc. And I can tell you MGS4 is not the best, not even on consoles. Have you seen the textures in MGS4? A lot of them look low res and washed out and I was watching my brother play it on a 50" HDTV. The only thing that impressed me were the character models, but even then those pale in comparison to the models used in Crysis. Crysis Warhead should have won. And it doest take a high end graphics card to run Crysis on high. You can buy one for $130 or less now. I dont know what GS was thinking. If the award was based on what game looks the best based on what platform they are on then GS should have said that. As far as I'm concerned though thats ont the case until proven otherwise.leadernator

We all know MGS4 doesn't have the best textures out there, but for some reason you ignore many of the games technical high points. There are ALOT that happens on screen at once (at times), you have varying enemies of all different types and sizes (mechs mixed in with soldier PMCs and other smaller machines), character models look insane, the special effects are top knotch, LARGE environments, not to mention you're always playing in different environment settings. You got the desert warfare, jungle warfare, the streets of F'n LONDON, a naval type ship, heavy snow environments, etc. And yes, the high detail in cutscenes is EXACTLY what you get in gameplay, which explains the perfect transitions. Then you have an amazing MECH on MECH gameplay scenario, the amazing bike chase.... seriously, I can go on but I've pretty much made my point.

Like I said earlier, whether it's the best looking game to date is ARGUABLE (unarguable on consoles), but definitely not blasphemy to say that it is :| It is one heck of a graphical power house.

I can say the same for Crysis except it's one level above MGS4 in every way. You can have many things going on at once in Crysis, the special effects are better, it has larger enviroments, has more realistic looking character models. I just dont understand. And you havent answered my question. What about the graphics in MGS4 are technically better then Crysis Warhead? Can you point something out that MGS4 does better?
Avatar image for foreverflame890
foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 foreverflame890
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts
I'm glad the PS3 games are getting the attention right now, PS3 has been getting the shaft since 2006(rightfully so).
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Verge_6

You have no way of knowing how many people are wrong. I'm just saying, it's not far-fetched AT ALL to give MGS4 the best technical award.

Wow, I used that smily 3 times, who cares :| There's a 4th one for you.

Cry about it if you want, it is what it is. Whining about the awards won't do any of you good. Simply, enjoy the holidays. F system wars.

leadernator

I do know they're wrong if Warhead is technically better in every respect. Those who deny it are simply wrong.

Thank you for clarifying my statement.

I'm not crying about it all. I'm just expressing my amazement that people can defend the notion that MGS4 is technically better than Crysis: Warhead. It's rather amazing. A complete denial of all facts and logic.

Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts
fanboys get over it MGS4 looks better then Cryisis its a fact got best graphics award
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
MGS4 is overrated in the graphics department.Aljosa23
Not only there, but that's beside the point.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
fanboys get over it MGS4 looks better then Cryisis its a fact got best graphics awardDontBeHatin1983
:lol: Hands you a flame shield :lol: Even cows know Warhead looks better.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6
[QUOTE="DontBeHatin1983"]fanboys get over it MGS4 looks better then Cryisis its a fact got best graphics awardTulak_Hord

Apparently not...
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Crysis cutscenes blend perfectly into gameplay too.....
Avatar image for foreverflame890
foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#31 foreverflame890
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts

[QUOTE="DontBeHatin1983"]fanboys get over it MGS4 looks better then Cryisis its a fact got best graphics awardTulak_Hord

Accvording to nVidiaGamer it dosen't

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 karasill
Crysis cutscenes blend perfectly into gameplay too.....AAllxxjjnn
Dont bother, the cows in this thread are in denial and choose to listen to a dumb award over logic and commen sense. One of the posters cant even answer a simple question. All I asked is what does MGS4 do better then Crysis Warhead in the technical graphics deaprtment. I have yet to get an answer. Probably because he cant.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 leadernator
[QUOTE="leadernator"]

[QUOTE="karasill"]The award is for best technical graphics, not artistic graphics (like super mario galaxy was going for). The award is for the game that looks the best technically, as in which game has the best looking textures, the most advanced special effects, the best lighting, etc. And I can tell you MGS4 is not the best, not even on consoles. Have you seen the textures in MGS4? A lot of them look low res and washed out and I was watching my brother play it on a 50" HDTV. The only thing that impressed me were the character models, but even then those pale in comparison to the models used in Crysis. Crysis Warhead should have won. And it doest take a high end graphics card to run Crysis on high. You can buy one for $130 or less now. I dont know what GS was thinking. If the award was based on what game looks the best based on what platform they are on then GS should have said that. As far as I'm concerned though thats ont the case until proven otherwise.karasill

I can say the same for Crysis except it's one level above MGS4 in every way. You can have many things going on at once in Crysis, the special effects are better, it has larger enviroments, has more realistic looking character models. I just dont understand. And you havent answered my question. What about the graphics in MGS4 are technically better then Crysis Warhead? Can you point something out that MGS4 does better?

I did answer your question. You're just not accepting it. 'I can say the same for Crysis except it's one level above MGS4 in every way.' RIIIIIIGHT :|

Because there's a huge mech-on-mech battle in Crysis, right? Motor-bike chase gameplay? Varying environments? What are they?

Do yourself a favor. READ BOTH GS REVIEWS. You'll get your answer from gamespot. GS does mention Crysis to have 'dense' and 'linear' environments, with a 6 hour campaign. There are negatives in the MGS4 review as well. I'm sure there's a lot to factor in... you're simply stuck on the 'textures.'

Like I said, it's not Blasphemy at all to praise MGS4's visuals as some of the best out there.

Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Crysis cutscenes blend perfectly into gameplay too.....karasill
Dont bother, the cows in this thread are in denial and choose to listen to a dumb award over logic and commen sense. One of the posters cant even answer a simple question. All I asked is what does MGS4 do better then Crysis Warhead in the technical graphics deaprtment. I have yet to get an answer. Probably because he cant.

i am a PC and cant play Crysis on high get the point
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#35 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
GS staff must be up in laughter reading this.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 leadernator

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Crysis cutscenes blend perfectly into gameplay too.....karasill

calling people 'COWS, LEMMINGS, or SHEEP' isn't flaming, or name-calling in system wars for some reason :| Whatever those are... probably better than being brats.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts
there are already enought threads about this topic. Can we please let it die. For Christmas' sake. PLEASE its getting annoying.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

2 words: Character models.

and people just love MGS4 :P

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
2 words: Character models and people just love MGS4AgentA-Mi6
Thats not 2 words that's 6 words and an acronym :P
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 karasill

leadernator

I did answer your question. You're just not accepting it. 'I can say the same for Crysis except it's one level above MGS4 in every way.' RIIIIIIGHT :|

Because there's a huge mech-on-mech battle in Crysis, right? Motor-bike chase gameplay? Varying environments? What are they?

Do yourself a favor. READ BOTH GS REVIEWS. You'll get your answer from gamespot. GS does mention Crysis to have 'dense' and 'linear' environments, with a 6 hour campaign. There are negatives in the MGS4 review as well. I'm sure there's a lot to factor in... you're simply stuck on the 'textures.'

Like I said, it's not Blasphemy at all to praise MGS4's visuals as some of the best out there.

I'm not stuck on the textures :| They are just simply better in crysis Warhead. As is the lighting, the character models, the special effects, the larger environments. I bet you havent even played Crysis Warhead on very high settings. If you had, I doubt you'd be defending GS's choice. Seriously, you have no idea how foolish you sound. I've seen both games running before me, both on a 50" HDTV, and MGS4 is not the best technically.

Scenarios in a game has nothing to do with technical graphics. Technical means the technology behind the game's look. Meaning what about it makes the game look the way it does, not the scenario that is being played out. It's how advanced and realistic the lighting, the textures, the geometry count, the character models, the size of the enviroments, the particle effects and other special effects are that determine what game has the best technical graphics.

So answer my question, point it out. What does MGS4 do better then Crysis Warhead? Does is have better lighting? Does it have better looking water? Does it have better looking particle effects? Does it have better and mre realistic looking character models? Does it have larger enviroments? A larger draw distance? Does it have volumetric clouds and smoke? Does it have an actaul sky and not a sky box? The list can go on and on. Please name it because I'm dying to know.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]2 words: Character models and people just love MGS4Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Thats not 2 words that's 6 words and an acronym :P

rofl, yeah I forgot to press enter :P
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
However you word it Crysis > MGS4 as far as graphics go. nmaharg
. it's a goofy award. let's all just move on.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Verge_6
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]However you word it Crysis > MGS4 as far as graphics go. Dreams-Visions
. it's a goofy award. let's all just move on.

I've moved past the award itself. I am NOT, however, over the people who actually think it's right. :?
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

leadernator

I'm not stuck on the textures :| They are just simply better in crysis Warhead. As is the lighting, the character models, the special effects, the larger environments. I bet you havent even played Crysis Warhead on very high settings. If you had, I doubt you'd be defending GS's choice. Seriously, you have no idea how foolish you sound. I've seen both games running before me, both on a 50" HDTV, and MGS4 is not the best technically.

Scenarios in a game has nothing to do with technical graphics. Technical means the technology behind the game's look. Meaning what about it makes the game look the way it does, not the scenario that is being played out. It's how advanced and realistic the lighting, the textures, the geometry count, the character models, the size of the enviroments, the particle effects and other special effects are that determine what game has the best technical graphics.

So answer my question, point it out. What does MGS4 do better then Crysis Warhead? Does is have better lighting? Does it have better looking water? Does it have better looking particle effects? Does it have better and mre realistic looking character models? Does it have larger enviroments? A larger draw distance? Does it have volumetric clouds and smoke? Does it have an actaul sky and not a sky box? The list can go on and on. Please name it because I'm dying to know.

They are not simply 'scenarios,' they are GAMEPLAY. NOT SCENES. GAMEPLAY. Seriously, I actually might have to cap everything to get into your head.

I answered your lame question. I'll answer it again, and you'll be like 'I'm still waiting for my answer.' SHUT IT MAN. They are only videogames.

How do you know EXACTLY that Crysis does EVERYTHING better? It's got that one environment. whoopee. How about this, find the technical blue prints for EACH GAME, polygon counts and what, environment scale... I WANT ACTUAL NUMBERS. How about that? Can you do it? Didn't think so. That's about the only thing that can satisfy your pitiful argument. If you, and other fanboys can't accept GS's OPINION (key word), that's simply your guys' failing, and your guys' failing alone.

MGS4 is a technical achievement whether you like it or not, and simply deserves every bit of attention it gets. Crysis is awesome too, but in the end, they are JUST VIDEOGAMES. Like I said. Cry. Cry on. It won't do any of you good... and it especially isn't doing me any good wasting time here. I'm out.

Their opinion is wrong because technical awards are based off facts.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

That is why it didnt get the award plain and simple.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 karasill

leadernator

They are not simply 'scenarios,' they are GAMEPLAY. NOT SCENES. GAMEPLAY. Seriously, I actually might have to cap everything to get into your head.

I answered your lame question. I'll answer it again, and you'll be like 'I'm still waiting for my answer.' SHUT IT MAN. They are only videogames.

How do you know EXACTLY that Crysis does EVERYTHING better? It's got that one environment. whoopee. How about this, find the technical blue prints for EACH GAME, polygon counts and what, environment scale... I WANT ACTUAL NUMBERS. How about that? Can you do it? Didn't think so. That's about the only thing that can satisfy your pitiful argument. If you, and other fanboys can't accept GS's OPINION (key word), that's simply your guys' failing, and your guys' failing alone.

MGS4 is a technical achievement whether you like it or not, and simply deserves every bit of attention it gets. Crysis is awesome too, but in the end, they are JUST VIDEOGAMES. Like I said. Cry. Cry on. It won't do any of you good... and it especially isn't doing me any good wasting time here. I'm out.

I'm not crying at all, however it llooks like you've cracked and blew your top based on this post. And You CANT answer my question. You just beat around the bush saying MGS4 has a mech on mech part, or a bike chase scene. And you dont even know the full extent of what scenarios mean, they dont aways mean scenes and in games they usually refer to a certain instance of gameplay. Educate yourself a little bit more please. Anyways, scenarios have no bearing on the technology that powers the game. Fact is, Crysis has better lighting, better character models, better textures, better and more varied special effects, larger enviroments, etc. If you dont want to accept that, then fine. Maybe you just dont know what technical graphics mean. If you did, you might get a clue and not defend this so much. Peace out, nice talking to ya ;) :lol:
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

leadernator

There is nothing subjective about technical graphics. :|

There is no reason MGS4 should have won, no justification for it's technical graphics when compared to other games released this year.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts
i vote mgs4 as game to produce most controversy in SW history!!!!
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
you misinterpreted the word technical